• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suddenly, 3 Journey (PSN) concept art images surfaces...

Orobi

Evocative.

2itq5q8.jpg

al12k1.jpg

2zqh07c.jpg

mello

Orobi said:
the first also is a concept art. What kind of game will this be? O__o

The first piece of art looks similar to those screens released at E3, but I guess my memory could be quite off.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm glad someone posted a new thread, I would have missed that gamescom preview otherwise. So thank you!

Danneee

Oh please don't be a 2.5D platformer (I'm getting that vibe from the first screen and I really want this to be some kind of explorative adventure).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Danneee said:
Oh please don't be a 2.5D platformer (I'm getting that vibe from the first screen and I really want this to be some kind of explorative adventure).
Don't worry, it's not that at all. There were written previews of the game, it's done in a 3rd person 3D camera viewpoint.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I will buy this game.

I remember one screenshot and it gave me a good Ico/SotC vibe.

Danneee

Lord Error said:
Don't worry, it's not that at all. There were written previews of the game, it's done in a 3rd person 3D camera viewpoint.
Oh thank god for that. Cant wait til my ps3 arrives next week so I can try their other games out!

Danneee said:
... it's not a 2.5D platformer :lol
Think Shadow of the Colossus style exploration, that's what Journey is

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Very pretty.

Thatgamecompany haven't let me down yet, Flower and flOw were both great audio/visual experiences. I'd like to see them take it to the next level with Journey and make a game that's has compelling gameplay in addition to the prettiness. As much as I enjoyed Flower and flOw, they kind of feel like I'm playing an interactive screensaver.

Danneee

BlazingDarkness said:
... it's not a 2.5D platformer :lol
Think Shadow of the Colossus style exploration, that's what Journey is

And that kind of games is exactly why I got a PS3, ohboy!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I just rewatched Jenova Chen's e3 interview and his point about emphasizing the awe and mystery of the unknown and how that is missing in videogames is absolutely refreshing.

StuBurns

Banned
BorkBork said:
I just rewatched Jenova Chen's e3 interview and his point about emphasizing the awe and mystery of the unknown and how that is missing in videogames is absolutely refreshing.
It's something I love when included in games. They use it very well in Portal, they have that projector with charts of Black Masa info and all the stuff hidden in those little rooms. Just teasing you that you could stumble on to something incredible, even though you really can't and there is nothing in the game to find.

I'll always remember finding the hidden stuff in Lara Croft's mansion in one of the Tomb Raiders. I found out a while later you are meant to pull a book to turn off the fire, but I never found that, instead I just saw the 'climbable' wall texture on the inside of the fire, so I side stepped in, jumped across and managed to get up without burning, found all that secret crap, and it really was like unlike anything I've had in a game since, or indeed before. It felt intricate, and very well hidden, if it was or not.

Top Bottom