• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Danneee

Yes Boss! said:
And a few new beers I've never tried before:

3478f3f7.jpg

LOVE weissbier but what is that Rose Hoegaarden? Fruit flavored?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Saw this at the FYE across from the theater I saw Scott Pilgrim at the other day, passed on it thinking I could find it cheaper on the web. Researched it and found FYE's price was actually about half of what most websites carry it for, rushed back this morning.

DSC01122.jpg

meh heh heh heh

Pickups for August. I haven't been in this month's thread so there are gonna be a few pics

3f50e31c-1.jpg

Haul from the Goodwill store in my area. $4 total all with working serial keys :D

Castlevania-1.jpg

Castlevania HD for XBLA. This game solo is AWESOME for Podcast listening

FinalFight-1.jpg

Final Fight Double Impact for PSN. I was looking for a good coop game to play with the wife and she mentioned that she liked OG beatemups so at $5 on sale this was a no brainer

DSCF1118.jpg

I forgot, I didn't have a 2nd DS3 for us to play with so I picked this up from a pawn shop. The Dynasty Warriors was mislabeled as the PSP version so I got that for a steal as well.

Yes Boss!

Danneee said:
LOVE weissbier but what is that Rose Hoegaarden? Fruit flavored?

Indeed, it is rasberry flavored. The alcohol content is 3% instead of 4% of regular Hoegaarden. It wasn't that great but was definitely worth a try!

vejas

Banned
FFUdr.png

Went to my local Best Buy to get Continuum Shift, and found the Limited Edition Calamity Trigger for $20 new! I would rather have it for PS3 but I could not pass it up for how cheap it was!

a1m

Banned
Fularu said:
Some of you really take the "sup guys I'm trying to be an artist" a little bit too far.

This is a "brag about your purchases" thread, not a "makes it difficult as fuck with crappy artsy pictures to identify wtf you just purchased".
This this THIS. Goddam. Please.

NGH - RB2.

What more can be said?

DSCN0733.jpg

Picked up a Go 2nd hand that was quite cheap. Thought I would play it for 5 mins then chuck it in a drawer, but I've played it virtually every day I've had it. - Probably am using it more than my other PSPs.

photo-103.jpg

Part of the reason I think, is because you can use a PS3 joypad with it, so now I can actually play my games properly.

I hate that Sony hasn't got all the games online though.

With that said, who needs any other games when you have DODONPACHI!!!

photo-105.jpg
photo-106.jpg

ibu

drkOne said:
Now I'm sad that I sold my PSP Go :(

Me too... almost. Fucking ridiculously priced PAL PSN games retract much of that regret.
But I will pick one up on the cheap... at some point down the line. Enjoying games on the PSP 2000 atm.

Sadist

Yes Boss! said:
Indeed, it is rasberry flavored. The alcohol content is 3% instead of 4% of regular Hoegaarden. It wasn't that great but was definitely worth a try!
Doesn't surprise me, because it's actually a beer that girls like. Here in Holland the girls are crazy for the stuff.

WEGGLES

grap3fruitman said:
Also picked up Bayonetta and some blu-rays:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4913904136_8bf2218b95_z.jpg[IMG]

Ever stayed at a hotel with weird N64 controllers? You'd pay per hour to play (say that five times fast). I just picked up a few of the middlemen that connect to the tv and a handful of the controllers. They're supposed to run off of a sever or something but unfortunately I don't have those.

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4913181755_90b12a6292_z.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4098/4913785372_a903be0af7_z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The hotel I'm in currently has a Gamecube controller. $9.99/hr to play.

They have quite a few decent games too.
Animal Crossing, Chibi Robo, Mario Kart, Super Mario Sunshine, LoZ: WW, That LoZ disc with OOT/MM on it and so on. But $10/hr? :lol

It's worth noting the inputs on the TV are blocked :lol :lol :lol

All of them were on a good sale and I decided to start with Infamous. Bioshock was a double dip since my 360 broke.

I don't know if I should open Judgment or let it sit with all my other Castlevania games :lol

343nn9s.jpg

How are you liking Castlevania Judgment? I have had the longest morbid curiosity about that game and at the current asking price, I'm thinking it's worth it.

Bii

_dementia said:
How are you liking Castlevania Judgment? I have had the longest morbid curiosity about that game and at the current asking price, I'm thinking it's worth it.

That post just reminded that I have it sitting in my backlog. Not sure when I'll get around to it but considering the Fall games' onslaught is right around the corner, it might not be for a while. :lol

4916425825_7b85c3d575_b.jpg

Street Fighter Guile Tee. Triumvir. $36.
I actually purchased this shirt a few weeks ago but haven't got around to posting it until now. Lately, I've been procrastinating to take pictures of my recent purchases, and even then, I don't take pictures of everything. Chalk it up to laziness. Anyway, I was glad that I held off on purchasing the Guile tee (I bought the Chun and Vega when Triumvir first launched it) since I like how it looks more so on this olive tee over white and/or black. Got quite a few compliments when I wore it yesterday to watch The Other Guys.

outsidah

sikkinixx said:
Sort of an impulse buy. Not sure if I will keep it or not.

'cuse the icky mouspad... Needs a clean!

How do you feel about it so far?

Fularu said:
Some of you really take the "sup guys I'm trying to be an artist" a little bit too far.

This is a "brag about your purchases" thread, not a "makes it difficult as fuck with crappy artsy pictures to identify wtf you just purchased".

u mad?

Beth Cyra

Steven_Jitters said:
All of them were on a good sale and I decided to start with Infamous. Bioshock was a double dip since my 360 broke.

I don't know if I should open Judgment or let it sit with all my other Castlevania games :lol
My god man what have you done to yourself? Of course don't open it, you will be lucky if it doesn't infect you with how bad it is simply by sitting on your shelf.

sikkinixx

outsidah said:
How do you feel about it so far?

I like it quite a bit. The moveable thumb rest is awesome, as is the pinky-rest add-on. I like that you can change the weights around (I like 12g apparently) though I know thats nothing special. The buttons are delightfully clicky and loud.

I'm still trying to get used to the "sniper" button that sits right at the tip if your thumb but when I get it right, it's nifty.

My one complaint is I can't quite get it as long as I would like. Even with the palm section slid all the way back the heel of my hand still rest on my mousepad more than I would prefer. Not sure if it's a deal-breaker or not. Using the raised palm rest (4mm higher they say) helps a bit but I like the rubberized grip too.

outsidah

sikkinixx said:
I like it quite a bit. The moveable thumb rest is awesome, as is the pinky-rest add-on. I like that you can change the weights around (I like 12g apparently) though I know thats nothing special. The buttons are delightfully clicky and loud.

I'm still trying to get used to the "sniper" button that sits right at the tip if your thumb but when I get it right, it's nifty.

My one complaint is I can't quite get it as long as I would like. Even with the palm section slid all the way back the heel of my hand still rest on my mousepad more than I would prefer. Not sure if it's a deal-breaker or not. Using the raised palm rest (4mm higher they say) helps a bit but I like the rubberized grip too.

Sounds pretty good, I might give it a try. I'm tired of my G7 "gaming" mouse that loses connection every 30 seconds.

_dementia said:
Haven't even opened it yet and I may not for awhile. It cost me under 15 dollars new so I thought, hey, even if it's truly terrible I can have it for my Castlevania collection.

Fularu

Banned
outsidah said:
If you have nothing more interesting to say that the typical "lol u mad" nonsense, refrain from posting. Non indentifiable pictures of shit people bought are pointless and useless.

drkOne

Gyrian said:
<3 Shunya Yamashita and Shigenori Soejima.
The 3rd Birthday put me in a Parasite Eve mood.

jQmSD.jpg
How's Soejima's artbook? I told myself I shouldn't spend $45(including shipping) on an artbook… But it's so tempting.
I know it has to be amazing, but is it just full of artwork most of us has already seen before?

drkOne said:
How's Soejima's artbook? I told myself I shouldn't spend $45(including shipping) on an artbook… But it's so tempting.
I know it has to be amazing, but is it just full of artwork most of us has already seen before?
I'd also like to know about this since I already have the Persona 4 artbook, does it have enough new content or non-Persona 4 artwork to make it worthwhile buying?

Flek

Banned
Fularu said:
If you have nothing more interesting to say that the typical "lol u mad" nonsense, refrain from posting. Non indentifiable pictures of shit people bought are pointless and useless.

yeha its way more interesting seeing 40 peoble in a row posting pictures of killzone 2 in 4000x3000px on a shity wood ground. Jesus please stop it, you dont like it? Ok whatever scroll on or dont enter the thread. I love it when peoble go the extra mile and make a nice picture of there picups, or even a themed pic up picture or whatever they like to do. If you really badly want to know what something is you can just ask but thats about it … so stop bragging

The mother of all pickups... got sick of playing StarCraft 2 on my 2010 Macbook Pro so I ordered a 6-core Mac Pro with a Radeon 5870. Now I'm just waiting until next month for the Apple store to let us submit our orders for the new 27" cinema display and I'm sweet.

2sagwib.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
drkOne said:

I've paid worse...I think 70 or so for the Valkyria Chronicles one. I'll probably bite for this one as well.

Fularu said:

:lol :lol :lol

Fularu said:

I really don't understand why you care so much. If you see it and know what it is, cool. If you don't and care enough to ask you'll get an answer. If you decide to bitch about it you'll look like an ass. I think I'll make all my posts like that just for you now.

Normally I don't post in this topic but this pick-up is a special one:

cimg0945.jpg

My first tattoo, made in cologne during gamescom. And yes, it's encrusted because it's made 4 days ago. I was told that it will look way better as soon as it's healed.

Fularu

Banned
Alucrid said:
I really don't understand why you care so much. If you see it and know what it is, cool. If you don't and care enough to ask you'll get an answer. If you decide to bitch about it you'll look like an ass. I think I'll make all my posts like that just for you now.

To answer you

This is awesome and artsy while giving a full picture of what the poster got

ErnieMcCracken said:

This is useless and forces anyone who actually cares to know wtf you just pictured to ask you. While I don't mind setups (far from it, as evidenced by the first picture), the following one is exactly what you shouldn't do. Theme your picture, it's super fine, but keep your stuff identifiable, otherwise, what's the point? If you want to do art, we have several threads dedicated to it on the OT forum.
Alucrid said:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k211/Tails444/002-1.jpg

Now mind you, the problem isn't with what you bought (Kurosawa is awesome for instance), not even what you pictured, but how you introduced it.

I use this thread as a guide to stuff I could potentially be interested in, and seeing stuff with no indication whatsoever is prety pointless.

If you absolutely have to do puzzling picture where no one can identify the stuff, add a legend, I don't think that's too much to ask ;)

Also this isn't a rant, it's an observation. If it came across as "mad" that wasn't the intent (lets pin it on the language barrier)

Gyrian

drkOne said:

I really like it. It covers P3, P3FES, P4, Stella Deus, and some original work.
It's not extensive in that it features every single piece made for each game; it's mostly the key artworks.
With that said, there are quite a few in there I hadn't seen before.
Stella Deus and the original work was all new to me, also.

I can gather some pictures if you're all curious. Below is one I have handy, which I took for this thread.

GLxTn.jpg

tubgirlsplumber said:
photo-103.jpg

Part of the reason I think, is because you can use a PS3 joypad with it, so now I can actually play my games properly.

Wait! You can play the games on the PSP GO with the PS3 dual shock? Is this an official feature or do I have to install some special hacks and stuff?

OMG!

johnjohnson said:
Wait! You can play the games on the PSP GO with the PS3 dual shock? Is this an official feature or do I have to install some special hacks and stuff?

OMG!

That's been a feature of the PSP Go since day one. It has Bluetooth and can tether or connect with most Bluetooth devices.

Alucrid

Banned
Fularu said:
Now mind you, the problem isn't with what you bought (Kurosawa is awesome for instance), not even what you pictured, but how you introduced it.

I use this thread as a guide to stuff I could potentially be interested in, and seeing stuff with no indication whatsoever is prety pointless.

If you absolutely have to do puzzling picture where no one can identify the stuff, add a legend, I don't think that's too much to ask ;)

Also this isn't a rant, it's an observation. If it came across as "mad" that wasn't the intent (lets pin it on the language barrier)

:lol Okay. I'll try and figure out something that is both 'artsy' and easily identifies the item then. To be honest most of the pictures I took were to catalog my record collection and I liked the way to 'up close' pictures came out so I just stuck with that.

Top Bottom