• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Could you explain how Dragonz is different? Or what you see that she is doing that's ringing some alarm bells.

The ratio of fluff to serious play is way down.
Attitude to other players is different too. Her omgus vote on me also has my nips tingling.

What is your read on her?

Lifeline

Sure.

Mafia can coordinate perfectly. If they need a bandwagon in the last hour, they can start one themselves.

Meh.

I flipped town in that game, if you care.

I was referring to Acorns. I called him out, he disappeared/largely ignored my vote. And he flipped mafia.

Also mafia starting a last hour bandwagon would require most of their own to vote in it, and would put them in a bad spot the next day

Lifeline

So to add more detail:
3XCRZNR.gif

It all started with Palmer's unveiling. It put scum at a tough spot. If Palmer lives he comes off as a strong/important voice as a semi-confirmed townie since his bold play left a lot of people thinking town. If they kill him, they potentially waste their NK on a vanilla town. There best shot at this point was to downplay his claim and throw some doubt or even better get him lynched by town.

At this point Dr. Worm and Dragonz reactions to Palmer's unveiling were the most suspect. It seemed as through they wanted to set up a bandwagon, but wanted a townie to take the first step in putting up a serious vote. Nobody bit on their trap so they backed off, but left enough there to cast doubt and come back to later on.

Then comes their next attempt at starting a bandwagon. Darryl's weird obsession with Sawneeks wording in the early game. It seemed like Darryl was trying too hard to find something to get others to latch on to, but again failed (probably because the text between their argument was too boring and too much and most people just skipped their posts). Also some people called him out on his argument, after which he disappeared.

From previous experience, Scum have a way of hiding whenever there seems to be too much heat growing on them and they also tend to twist wards and tunnel hard on phrasing. Important to note that Dr. Worm has defended a lot of people in this game so far, but has defended Darryl.

Also, at this point in the game Dragonz also had a vote on Sawneeks. It seemed like a jokevote, but it was on Sawneeks for so long that if a bandwagon had started I don't think Dragonz would have removed that vote. Even though Dragonz did say that Sawneeks and Natiko are probably town, Dragonz didn't actually remove the vote on Sawneeks. Also I had scum call me most likely town in Day 1 and then vote against me at the end of the day anyway.

Dragonz read list consisted of considering Hey_Monkey potentially scum when Monkey is behaving mostly like Town. Also read Sawneeks as town, but said "Strong player, whether that be town or scum". Gave 30years a Scum read as well. Only person listed as clear town is SkyOdin. All the other reads felt like an attempt to either start a bandwagon or have a reasoning out there to jump on one.

Say for the sake of argument that I am scum and Acorn is town. Scum!Blarg knows this, and gives us a townie and a scum to read. We provide reads that gets the scum lynched. This immediately soft-confirms me as town because there's no way I'd bus my teammate, right?

The alternative is true. If we get the townie lynched then that makes the pair of us look bad, and I can just try and throw Acorn under the bus to live another day, effectively getting two townies lynched.

Blarg's read list 'forcing' people to make reads on their possible scum teammates probably got scum shook, and this is one terrible excuse to get out of it. I've only played one mafia game, but it doesn't seem like sacrificing their own teammates is ever a good scum plan.

And all of this leads to Swamped, the godfather (godmother?)

_Iy_o-.gif

I didn't know this last game, but apparently Godfathers come off as town if they're investigated. So it would make sense for GF to be someone who talks enough to pique the interests of some investigative towns, and then use their influence on them to get bandwagons going. Swamped has definitely been talking a lot, and has defended both Dragonz and Darryl throughout the day, While seems to have attacked Natiko and Sawneeks, which is where I think scum was attempting to start their bandwagons.

Too much here to be coincidence. Lets start with the most likely scum and then work our way down my list once they flip mafia.

Vote:
VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

Lifeline

From previous experience, Scum have a way of hiding whenever there seems to be too much heat growing on them and they also tend to twist words and tunnel hard on phrasing. Important to note that Dr. Worm has not defended a lot of people in this game so far, but has defended Darryl.

To correct typos

Dr. Worm

Banned
To address WhereAreMyDragonz' other (?) question, about Darryl, I think my thoughts about Darryl are similar to those suggested elsewhere in the thread.

I don't think that reads that I'm following?

Your post was only a word and quoted my whole post, so I took it to mean "Why vote BlackBuzzard?" (first line, addressed when I voted) and "Why do you find Darryl interesting/Why are is he hard to read for you?" (second line, addressed in the post you quoted before).

Homework done teacher Blarg!

Burbeteing
Started the narrative that my interactions with Natiko were faked which i think was a strange conclusion to take in D1 of day 1 where everything was pretty much shit posting. Made a good observation of Palmers play Here gave his own suggestions on Blargs plan but that seems to be it. For now i read him more town then scum.

30yearsofhurt
His posts even his read list seems pretty fluffy, but that's how he also played during Anime so nothing out of the ordinary, feels more like not knowing if he can contribute then actually something scummy.

Others

Swamped
Seems to have a solid read list cant argue with any of it really, only thing is that she seems to have read a lot from me saying Dragonz is 100% town its 100% flavor :) Plays a bit differently from what i remember of day 1 Anime where she was our waifu collector. for now more town then null

Oreomunsta
Seems to play similar in how he played during anime, seems trusting of Palmer which indicates that he might not be to confident in himself, which is logical in a way with going from your first game as scum to town. Still pretty null to me need more info or a more solid read list.

Lifeline
Mostly fluff a simplistic read list but could be because he is not confident in his abilities to make a solid list, i feel like if he had a team behind him he would be playing better. More town then null.

Vote:Darryl

Trying really hard to make my interactions with Natiko and Sawneeks look faked then put some weird pressure on Sawneeks over the words she used. After that he vanished never to be seen again, i don't know if burbeting is in on this but atleast he has continued to post and voice his opinion.

Coincidentally I was just laughing at the idea of us lynching Oreo over the MLK quote butchering earlier.

IT WASN'T EVEN A GOOD BASTARDIZATION. The sonics were off.

I'm sure Oreo could have done better. Straight coasting. Tsk.

On my way home where I will offer some final thoughts.

Swamped

Banned

I'm pretty honored lol. I know people have issues with my activity, but this is how I play.

I do feel better about Lifeline from his most recent posts.

We don't have much time left. Have people considered an Acohrs vote? It really feels like he's been coasting by.

So to add more detail:
3XCRZNR.gif

It all started with Palmer's unveiling. It put scum at a tough spot. If Palmer lives he comes off as a strong/important voice as a semi-confirmed townie since his bold play left a lot of people thinking town. If they kill him, they potentially waste their NK on a vanilla town. There best shot at this point was to downplay his claim and throw some doubt or even better get him lynched by town.

At this point Dr. Worm and Dragonz reactions to Palmer's unveiling were the most suspect. It seemed as through they wanted to set up a bandwagon, but wanted a townie to take the first step in putting up a serious vote. Nobody bit on their trap so they backed off, but left enough there to cast doubt and come back to later on.

Then comes their next attempt at starting a bandwagon. Darryl's weird obsession with Sawneeks wording in the early game. It seemed like Darryl was trying too hard to find something to get others to latch on to, but again failed (probably because the text between their argument was too boring and too much and most people just skipped their posts). Also some people called him out on his argument, after which he disappeared.

From previous experience, Scum have a way of hiding whenever there seems to be too much heat growing on them and they also tend to twist wards and tunnel hard on phrasing. Important to note that Dr. Worm has defended a lot of people in this game so far, but has defended Darryl.

Also, at this point in the game Dragonz also had a vote on Sawneeks. It seemed like a jokevote, but it was on Sawneeks for so long that if a bandwagon had started I don't think Dragonz would have removed that vote. Even though Dragonz did say that Sawneeks and Natiko are probably town, Dragonz didn't actually remove the vote on Sawneeks. Also I had scum call me most likely town in Day 1 and then vote against me at the end of the day anyway.

Dragonz read list consisted of considering Hey_Monkey potentially scum when Monkey is behaving mostly like Town. Also read Sawneeks as town, but said "Strong player, whether that be town or scum". Gave 30years a Scum read as well. Only person listed as clear town is SkyOdin. All the other reads felt like an attempt to either start a bandwagon or have a reasoning out there to jump on one.

Blarg's read list 'forcing' people to make reads on their possible scum teammates probably got scum shook, and this is one terrible excuse to get out of it. I've only played one mafia game, but it doesn't seem like sacrificing their own teammates is ever a good scum plan.

And all of this leads to Swamped, the godfather (godmother?)

_Iy_o-.gif

I didn't know this last game, but apparently Godfathers come off as town if they're investigated. So it would make sense for GF to be someone who talks enough to pique the interests of some investigative towns, and then use their influence on them to get bandwagons going. Swamped has definitely been talking a lot, and has defended both Dragonz and Darryl throughout the day, While seems to have attacked Natiko and Sawneeks, which is where I think scum was attempting to start their bandwagons.

Too much here to be coincidence. Lets start with the most likely scum and then work our way down my list once they flip mafia.

Vote:
VOTE: WhereAreMahDragonz

I never gave Odin a 100% clear town read. I merely said I wasn't going to let my perception of him cloud my judgement.

I don't like Blarg's plan because there are way too many variables for scum to manipulate. Answer yourself this: if I were scum, would I say no to a plan that could potentially benefit myself and my team a great deal? Reads themselves are nothing to be suspicious about; it's the actions and the behaviors of others that are noteworthy.

The rest of your reads on me are a flimsy attempt at throwing shade. I kept my vote on Sawneeks because I wanted to pressure her, and when I got what I wanted, I removed it.

Lifeline

I would jump on the Acorns bandwagon as a revenge thing, if it weren't for Dr. Worm and Swamped being the ones who randomly suggested it right after my post, seems like a deflection move.

Lifeline

For the people not believing my list, what do you think mafia has been doing this whole day phase?

Do you really think they decided that the best play was a last hour lynch bandwagon, just ignore this day and don't start throwing suspicious on towns to get a series of lynches lined up?

I'm giving you multiple bandwagon attempts that were made, obviously by mafia. I'm showing you coordination. Let's start taking out mafia, or give me a better reason of what mafia was doing this whole day phase?

Sophia

Day 1 votes

blackbuzzard (1)
natiko 97 (386)
hey_monkey 272 (354)
dr. worm 486

blargonaut (1)
burbeting 102 (338)
palmer_v1 118

sawneeks (1)
wherearemahdragonz 110 (439)
blackbuzzard 130 (396)
darryl 147

oreomunsta (1)
hey_monkey 111 (241)
skyodin 112

natiko (0)
acohrs 123 (238)
swamped 236 (239)

sexyfish (0)
sawneeks 131 (397)

moonkid (0)
lifeline 132 (505)

30yearsofhurt (3)
acohrs 238
hey_monkey 354 (405)
sawneeks 397
wherearemahdragonz 462

hey_monkey (0)
swamped 239 (442)

stanleypalmtree (0)
hey_monkey 241 (272)
isaacnukem 314 (340)

palmer_v1 (3)
blargonaut 334
isaacnukem 340
stanleypalmtree 446

lifeline (1)
natiko 386

dr. worm (1)
hey_monkey 405

wherearemahdragonz (2)
30yearsofhurt 406
lifeline 505

no lynch (1)
moonkid 435

acohrs (1)
swamped 442

darryl (1)
blackbuzzard 508

Majority is 11

Day 1 ends in:

gra_1495227600.png

Sawneeks

Banned
The ratio of fluff to serious play is way down.
Attitude to other players is different too. Her omgus vote on me also has my nips tingling.

What is your read on her?

Essentially the same as Monkey; nothing sticks out as Scummy to me but I also haven't gone back and done an in-depth look. Although I do find this:

As a good observation because I did take Dragonz vote on me as a joke-vote and never saw her pressure me in any way despite saying so here:

The rest of your reads on me are a flimsy attempt at throwing shade. I kept my vote on Sawneeks because I wanted to pressure her, and when I got what I wanted, I removed it.

When did the joke-vote become a pressure vote? and if you were looking to pressure me why didn't you? I can't recall a time you pushed me for anything other than my reply towards your comment about Palmer's claim putting PRs at risk but I don't believe that was ever directly aimed at me.

Swamped

Banned
So basically LL is saying that people who voted early must be scum because they are starting bandwagons. I don't really agree with his reasoning tbh. But I think he's coming from a genuine place.

Looks like the other frontrunners are Palmer, 30 and Dragonz. Not really feeling any of those tbh.

Lifeline

Looking at how inactive this thread is, no one is finding it suspect Swamped,
30yearsofhurt, and Dr. Worm all came in with achors badnwagoning right after my post.

Subject to change, I'm still working on BB and Burb.

This is what you said about Achors when you voted for him.

and then you said

I could definitely see myself voting for Dr Worm.

What happened to you ignoring BB and Burb and suddenly calling for others to start voting on Achors? What happened to voting for Dr. Worm?

Lifeline

So basically LL is saying that people who voted early must be scum because they are starting bandwagons. I don't really agree with his reasoning tbh. But I think he's coming from a genuine place.

Looks like the other frontrunners are Palmer, 30 and Dragonz. Not really feeling any of those tbh.

Ummm no. Most of the people in my list didn't even vote, but just tried to start a bandwagon and get townies to go first.

Swamped

Banned
30yearsofhurt, and Dr. Worm all came in with achors badnwagoning right after my post.

This is what you said about Achors when you voted for him.

and then you said

What happened to you ignoring BB and Burb and suddenly calling for others to start voting on Achors? What happened to voting for Dr. Worm?

I did read BB, slight town read. Can't link the post now as I'm on my phone, but it's there. Never got around to reading Burb as i got distracted with other players. And yes, i can definitely have more than one scum read. It's weird not to.

Sawneeks

Banned
It was mostly I wanted to see how you reacted with others

If that's the case then what was the purpose of the vote? It obviously started as a joke at first and now you're saying it's a pressure vote without the pressure but just there to see how I reacted to others? If that's the case why did you not remove it after Town leaning on me as Lifeline pointed out earlier.

I do find it interesting that out of everyone they pick one of the people that has barely been around to get any sort of read on and likely won't be here at Day End.

Same with BB's vote on Darryl, actually. Darryl has been MIA and at this point wouldn't be surprised if he got replaced and it seems like a safe place to park a vote without causing trouble.

If that's the case then what was the purpose of the vote? It obviously started as a joke at first and now you're saying it's a pressure vote without the pressure but just there to see how I reacted to others? If that's the case why did you not remove it after Town leaning on me as Lifeline pointed out earlier.

I do find it interesting that out of everyone they pick one of the people that has barely been around to get any sort of read on and likely won't be here at Day End.

Same with BB's vote on Darryl, actually. Darryl has been MIA and at this point wouldn't be surprised if he got replaced and it seems like a safe place to park a vote without causing trouble.

I didn't remove it because I honestly forgot lmao

Lifeline

I did read BB, slight town read. Can't link the post now as I'm on my phone, but it's there. Never got around to reading Burb as i got distracted with other players. And yes, i can definitely have more than one scum read. It's weird not to.

How did you go from

Achors vote because he's inactive -> wanting to look into Burb -> Now thinking Dr. Worm is scum -> now back to achors lynch because he's inactive.

Sawneeks

Banned
Unvote: 30yearsofhurt

gonna read over some things again real fast before I have to leave. Will place my final vote at that time.

I have a weird feeling this d1 has been more revealing than we expect and I think after we see how things finish and what happens in the night phase, we need to really study connections between people. I am particularly interested in all the ways people use the word "fluff" and talk about posts having no content. I'm 100% in favor of finding people who aren't contributing and getting rid of them as possible scum or at least no loss. But I'm also seeing some people make a real effort, with evidence and all, get labeled as no content or fluff. Or fluffish. Or sometimes fluff. Seems like "fluff" is replacing analysis at times and worst, it spreads. One person says it and another repeats. I think we can do better than this, and it really shouldn't be a sub for just not agreeing with someone's analysis.

I think we're also letting a lot of summary slide as analysis and activity. Observing what happened isn't analysis. So I think if we look at those patterns d2, we can start getting some good leads. They're probably there now but without anything very concrete to back it up, I'm not sure we'd see the whole picture yet.

I'm not feeling the 30years push myself. Sawneeks has pressed him on some things and I feel her vote is coming from a legitimate place. I think if we're looking for less active players we could make a better choice. Similarly, I understand the Palmer votes but I will not be voting for him today. I would rather see what he does when he gets back, though I confess a Palmer flip could be revealing.

FAKE EDIT: and as I previewed, Sawneeks unvoted.

I am interested in the call for acohrs. He said he would be in for Blarg's plan and then did not deliver. His posts are one-liners or nothing. If he's town, he's not helping town. But I am not sure I like the sudden push for him. I am looking back over my reads. He's on my list and was from my reads yesterday. Others I am reconsidering right now are:

Darryl
Dr. Worm (because my vote is currently there and I have to consider more recent posts)
BlackBuzzard
maybe back to oreo, but mostly only due to silence

I find myself suspecting SkyOdin now, too, but I will not vote for Sky today.

I like that Lifeline reappeared. I have to do some in-depth reading there but at surface I think he's reaching but it's from a place of good intentions. I read that as town trying to get some analysis going. I don't have to agree with it to want to foster the effort.

Lifeline

And in 2 pages you've gone from coasting on 2 posts to 20 posts.

Unvote

I need to re-read all this and understand what your saying...

There's a difference between constantly changing your mind and seeing what sticks with the townies and being busy and coming into the thread a little late.

Swamped's vote changes feel like they're desperately trying to find someone for the town to attack.

And where the heck did Burb go? And not just him, but we sure have a lot of people just over the cusp and limit who got the bulk of their posts in the beginning - much of it around a single conversation or Palmer's claim and then poof.

giphy.gif

Swamped

Banned
How did you go from

Achors vote because he's inactive -> wanting to look into Burb -> Now thinking Dr. Worm is scum -> now back to achors lynch because he's inactive.

You are misunderstanding. Achors vote because not only is he inactive, he also hasn't actively scumhunted at all this game (which is why I'm urging people to look at him). Other players like Darryl are also inactive but I felt his posts were more genuine. I've been meaning to look into many players this day phase, Burbeting included. It's not a case of going from one to another - i can do these things simultaneously. And yes, Dr Worm is another one of my scum reads, and I could happily change my vote to him.

Sawneeks

Banned
Lifeline, did you ever answer why you felt Moonkid was Scum earlier? He's no longer on your list so I'm wondering what changed.

There's a difference between constantly changing your mind and seeing what sticks with the townies and being busy and coming into the thread a little late.

Swamped's vote changes feel like they're desperately trying to find someone for the town to attack.

Are all vote changes symptoms of changing your mind? Are you reading me the same way? If not, what's the difference? I'm curious.

Lifeline

I am interested in the call for acohrs. He said he would be in for Blarg's plan and then did not deliver.

Just more proof the dude probably had some shit to do and couldn't back to the thread. I've been there.

If he had a mafia team helping him they would have helped him right the blag reads and get it over it.

Swamped

Banned
Just more proof the dude probably had some shit to do and couldn't back to the thread. I've been there.

If he had a mafia team helping him they would have helped him right the blag reads and get it over it.

You're defending acohrs quite a bit. Yeah I'll keep my vote where it is.

Lifeline

Lifeline, did you ever answer why you felt Moonkid was Scum earlier? He's no longer on your list so I'm wondering what changed.

I just had a vote on him as a joke vote as i wasn't done reading the thread.

Are all vote changes symptoms of changing your mind? Are you reading me the same way? If not, what's the difference? I'm curious.

People who are already suspicious changing their vote at suspicious timings is suspicious.

Lifeline

You're defending acohrs quite a bit. Yeah I'll keep my vote where it is.

I'll be happy when he's lynched. He got me lynched last game. Hell, i'll even put him over the top of it's between him another town by the end.

That doesn't mean i rather have scum be lynched today.

SexyFish

Banned
Lifeline acting slightly less deranged than Arkham yet also slightly more somehow.

Going to lean on Lifeline being Lifeline and he's town, but damn.

Can't figure out how I'm going to vote tonight.

Lifeline

Something to keep in mind, Swamped has been fairly active talking about other players this game but the only time Dragonz was mentioned by Swamped was a joke attack.

Seems like something scum would do.

Sure, but if he's not doing anything but isn't at risk of being replaced, then - and I'm not trying to be harsh, but - what's the point of his being here? Why shouldn't we vote him? I guess that's where I end up finally. He's not on my list for anything he did, but rather because he hasn't done anything for town.

30years, I know you addressed this, but I just re-read it and I'm headscratching regardless: what on earth could drive a hunch that acorns could be a town leader? That he was playing orthodox? Real talk, man.

Reasons I was looking back at Darryl are found in an earlier post - after a game re-read, I re-read their aggression as potentially making a big splash so as not to be forgotten and seen as town without really doing anything. I'm not a huge bandwagon voter, but I would probably consider an acohrs or Darryl vote. At the end of the day, I want people who are working for town. I know life happens and interferes but if you don't come in and say "hey, I'm out for a few," then I don't assume. Other people managed it, after all.

Sawneeks

Banned

Can you point out to me where you're seeing this? Both seems to believe him fairly quickly but I'm not seeing this 'bandwagon' set-up you keep claiming both are doing.

Top Bottom