• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pineapple Pizza Mafia |OT| The War On Fruit Pizza

Darryl

Banned
I'm not sure that I fully follow it. What seemed confusing to you about his posts overall and his logic? Where were the attempts to get information? I'm rereading his posts and I'm not seeing it.

I honestly can't say I saw what was supposed to be "artificial" about that initial conversation, so the argument you made then didn't really take in my mind from the start. That might be clouding my interpretation of this.

He dropped off in basically the last 24 hours, when things started heating up, in spite of this post:

But I don't want to dig into why, for the same reason I'm not digging into why you left.

Apart from where he essentially changed the subject where you pointed it out, I didn't think his posts were anything remarkable, given the relative dearth of topics to discuss. I'd like to see what he says today.

Would be dependent on how he shows up today and what he says. I would say I'm open to it, at least relative to lynching other players, but I'm not ready to make a call one or way or another.

This is a really fantastic fence-sitting post, Dr. Worm.

This seems like bullshit. I specifically made it clear that this was role madness and it was a large topic of conversation.

This, to me, is the biggest non-town tell in all that BB is saying. I can see missing Dragonz' claim; things were going fast. But I can't buy "missing" all the discussion around Palmer's claim when there was nothing else happening at that time except semantics. I struggle with that.

Darryl

Banned
I feel like Palmer's play is far too over-the-top. It's like he's doing an impersonation of how I'd play mafia as scum.

i find myself agreeing with darryls concern over burb.

his play often comes with a somewhat detactched feeling to it, but his post on day one pushed that feeling into full on 'pay as little attention to me as possible' territory.

Darryl

Banned
not sure i follow, too over the top to be scum or town?

He's so over the top that I feel like we're part of a performance. With the insults, I feel like he's just trying to clone my play style. Palmer has been a part of this community forever - I mean insulting people over role names? Come on - this can't be serious.

Palmer_v1

I feel like Palmer's play is far too over-the-top. It's like he's doing an impersonation of how I'd play mafia as scum.

He's so over the top that I feel like we're part of a performance. With the insults, I feel like he's just trying to clone my play style. Palmer has been a part of this community forever - I mean insulting people over role names? Come on - this can't be serious.

lol, you clearly never saw election where everyone acted like idiots or Anime( to a far lesser degree) or volcano where Sorian's cheating pissed me off, or whatever game weemadarthur whined to try and get me modkilled because I was hurting their feelings. I'm generally only nice to new players.

Palmer_v1

Spoiler warning:
I was town every time except Volcano, where I THOUGHT I was town because the game was a ridiculous bastard game. The idiots in election was mostly scum. Same for Anime. Volcano was everywhere. Weemadarthur was scum too.

I read it as frustrated town, for the record

But I am still obviously suspicious of his claim. But as I said, I want to see how the game unfolds, and with more information, I think the situation will finally get a resolution.

Just took nearly 90 minutes of my lunch hour to get up to speed and I'm still in the dark.
For people asking why I unvoted Dragz and re-voted, I initially voted Dragz because of her change in behaviour from Anime. Then LL started going off on some crazy theory about starting a bandwagon and that whoever voted Dragz was complicit as scum, bla, bla, bla. I didn't want any part of this hare-brained manouver so I unvoted. Then with two minutes left I really couldn't justify voting anyone else so I went with my original gut feel of Dragz.

Now I may be wrong but when I read the write-up it sounds like someone re-directed a kill move on LL to SexyFish. Anyone want to drop a clue as to who they re-directed.
If I'm reading it wrong (and I may be going by Sophia's note that that may be fluff) then what does LL getting the pineapple pizza mean?

Palmer_v1

Just took nearly 90 minutes of my lunch hour to get up to speed and I'm still in the dark.
For people asking why I unvoted Dragz and re-voted, I initially voted Dragz because of her change in behaviour from Anime. Then LL started going off on some crazy theory about starting a bandwagon and that whoever voted Dragz was complicit as scum, bla, bla, bla. I didn't want any part of this hare-brained manouver so I unvoted. Then with two minutes left I really couldn't justify voting anyone else so I went with my original gut feel of Dragz.

Now I may be wrong but when I read the write-up it sounds like someone re-directed a kill move on LL to SexyFish. Anyone want to drop a clue as to who they re-directed.
If I'm reading it wrong (and I may be going by Sophia's note that that may be fluff) then what does LL getting the pineapple pizza mean?

I asked Sofia about the fluff specifically because i thought the same thing as you, and she confirmed in the thread that it is only fluff. Do not read into it.

Yeah, was thinking the same until the clarification - that the real target was LL.

I assume we can trust the red text that assures LL is town?

Palmer_v1

SexyFish has died!

Lifeline was handed a slice of Pineapple Pizza! He is aligned with the town!

Day 2 begins

Majority is 10

Day 2 ends in:

cya_1495659600.png

Here, WAMD. It's easy to miss.

SkyOdin

Wait what are yall talking about though

I am so lost, how is LL town?
Red text in the day's opening post declared that Lifeline is town, and this revealation is apparently because someone handed him pineapple pizza last night.

LL is being strangely cagey about his role's details though.

SkyOdin

At second thought, it is possible that this is the result of some-sort of public cop power, and isn't the result of Lifeline's own role.

I'm working on a longer post but in the meantime...

I asked if we could trust the confirmation of Lifeline as town because I’m finding his complete avoidance of any information about his role or what he heard or learned (if anything) about the night actions really anti-town. We need information. He probably has some and is withholding in favor of tunneling hard and demanding everyone believe him. I also really want to know about him thinking he was vanilla and he wasn’t. I think he could talk about this without claiming.

Specifically though, LL, I’d like to quote this post and offer these questions back to you:
While I am not certain, I am inclined to think that SexyFish was eliminated by a third party. It was probably either a vigilante or a Serial Killer. The wording Sophia used for Lifeline's ability being triggered is strangely specific: he was handed a Pineapple Pizza. If it was just flavor text, I would dismiss it, but that was in the highlight text. I'm not sure that non-mafia would use pineapple for their killing method.

Furthermore, while I can guess at why scum would target Lifeline, SexyFish seems like a random target. The only logic I can deduce is that someone targeted SexyFish because he was unlikely to be watched or protected. That strikes me as the MO of a serial killer who isn't discriminating about targets, but who is cautious.

Lifeline, can we get some clarification on the wording of what triggered your ability? Was it any night-kill or specifically being targeted by mafia?

When people mention bastard here, could that mean he didn’t KNOW his alignment (or thought it was something different or... could it have changed?)? Is that also how he maybe misinterpreted his PM?

LaunchPad, you said you could see how it could be confusing. Mine is pretty clear, so… what could be confusing?

And when I say avoidance, I mean it. Not just "No, I won't tell," but outside of "ask whoever targeted me," he's completely ignored all requests for info. And then he asked for a turbo on a day I think we're going to benefit very much from discussion.

Obviously I'm not going to vote him unless we can confirm that we can't trust that info but I find this all pretty suspect, I have to say.

SkyOdin

Public cop? Someone checks you and it displays, is that what that would mean?
It is a possibility I suppose. I didn't think about it earlier, but it would explain LL's unwillingness to discuss his role. However, it is just wild speculation on my part.

Palmer_v1

By the way, further support of mass claiming is that SexyFish's role name also did not reveal anything about their potential power role:

The war to end all wars is here.

Welcome to Pineapple Pizza Mafia.

You are the Chicago Deep Dish Lover

You are the Town Alternating-Day Doublevoter

Chicago style deep dish pizzas are no joke! You know your way around them very well. And you can't resist that delicious pie shaped cuts. How could anyone love anything else? Big, huge, and beefy in flavor...

If you desire, you may cast a vote worth two votes using the command Double: <Player>.

If you end the day with with a double vote active, you may not double vote on the following day phase. (I.E. If you end day 1 with a double vote active, you will not be able to double vote on Day 2, but will be able to on Day 3.)

You may also vote normally on who to remove during the day phase.

You when when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Good luck, and make Pizza lovers everywhere proud!

So far, the only person openly opposed to it is Stanley, who's on my scum list anyway, so no surprise there.

I asked Sofia about the fluff specifically because i thought the same thing as you, and she confirmed in the thread that it is only fluff. Do not read into it.

Well that's the thing then. If there is no re-direct then LL wasn't targeted.
Why was Sexyfish targeted??? (am I reading this right?)

Dr. Worm, you started the day with another vote on BB and plead for his lynch at end of d1. Are you still feeling that now? Any shift or confirmation for you?

BlackBuzzard: you really missed the discussion about tropes in role madness? I’m struggling here. You mentioned “Palmer’s thoughts” in this post after the claim. If you weren’t talking about his claim and everything around it, what were you talking about?

You’ve also said often “scum wouldn’t do x,” “scum wouldn’t do y” - why cut off lines of discussion?

Darryl, I’m not questioning your absence as you requested. I do question why you’d then go after someone else who’d been absent, and just that one person. I know you offered some reads on Burb, but what about the other light or largely fluff posters? Do you have other reads to offer? Someone you’d target after Burb? (I know you said you were going to catch up and offer reads, but several people have promised things and not delivered so far in this game and it’s making me suspicious)

LaunchPad, I know you’re getting caught up, but are you voting for Swamped? You’ve pushed hard on doubting her vote. Or do you believe her explanation?

acohrs promised reads for Blarg at the very least and never did deliver. What do you think about all of the new developments, acorns? You believed Palmer based on the meta. What about now, all three of them?

Dragonz, do you have a top scum pick right now?

Blargonaut: in light of developments, would you change your read partner assignments? Would you continue that plan? Now only you are responsible for reads on me and Dr. Worm, with SF dead, and 30 and I only have one person to read. Would you be more inclined to trust Lifeline’s reads?

I second the calls for Burb's appearance.

Palmer_v1

Dr. Worm, you started the day with another vote on BB and plead for his lynch at end of d1. Are you still feeling that now? Any shift or confirmation for you?

BlackBuzzard: you really missed the discussion about tropes in role madness? I’m struggling here. You mentioned “Palmer’s thoughts” in this post after the claim. If you weren’t talking about his claim and everything around it, what were you talking about?

You’ve also said often “scum wouldn’t do x,” “scum wouldn’t do y” - why cut off lines of discussion?

Darryl, I’m not questioning your absence as you requested. I do question why you’d then go after someone else who’d been absent, and just that one person. I know you offered some reads on Burb, but what about the other light or largely fluff posters? Do you have other reads to offer? Someone you’d target after Burb? (I know you said you were going to catch up and offer reads, but several people have promised things and not delivered so far in this game and it’s making me suspicious)

LaunchPad, I know you’re getting caught up, but are you voting for Swamped? You’ve pushed hard on doubting her vote. Or do you believe her explanation?

acohrs promised reads for Blarg at the very least and never did deliver. What do you think about all of the new developments, acorns? You believed Palmer based on the meta. What about now, all three of them?

Blargonaut: in light of developments, would you change your read partner assignments? Would you continue that plan? Now only you are responsible for reads on me and Dr. Worm, with SF dead, and 30 and I only have one person to read. Would you be more inclined to trust Lifeline’s reads?

Who is your scum list right now? If you had the ability to kill 5 people right now, who would they be?

Shit! I converted to plain text and everything.

Mods, is it possible to get a mod edit to fix that for readability?

Oh, or not, see Sky above.

Palmer, that's a good question and I actually have that list. I'll post it shortly. I want to doublecheck. I'd also ask it of Sky, who's moved to my town list.

SkyOdin

Oh, or not, see Sky above.

Palmer, that's a good question and I actually have that list. I'll post it shortly. I want to doublecheck. I'd also ask it of Sky, who's moved to my town list.
I kisted it earlier in response to a question Swamped asked, but no one seems to have noticed.

I have a prelim suspected scum team of acohrs, BlackBuzzard, 30years, and Natiko. Their interactions on day 1 raised some red flags for me. I can go into more detail when I have time tomorrow.

Sawneeks

Banned
Apologies for not being here much today, been struggling to focus on this game lately. I do want to say that I won't be here a ton this Day Phase; I've got a Final tomorrow and on Tuesday I'll be out of town all day. I'm also going to be at work up until Day End so....I'll be here when I can. Sorry, I'll try and pick up the pace the next Day Phase.

Yes, I am vanilla town. The reason I did not counterclaim him is because I was, in fact, worried about the possibility of me being the ONLY vanilla, and the implications that could have for other PR's. It was discussed at length during the day phase, and I decided it would be best to withhold that info just in case, until I absolutely needed to claim.

If I am the only vanilla, then that means scum aren't going to target me, because they're gonna want to get actual PR's out of the way. They unfortunately know now that I'm not worth the kill.

I claimed because even though I don't have a power, I am still town, and I wanted to avoid the mislynch if possible.

So was that before or after this post:

Here

Because the above quote makes me think you came to that decision after all the conversation but if that's the case why did you say what I linked?

Surprised no one mentioned this, but did anyone notice Issacnukem keeping his joke post on Palmer and then staying quiet till the end of the phase and saying something about wanting Palmer's blood? I don't know enough about this game to know what role that is, but it's something neutral.

To be honest most ( i.e. all ) of the early Palmer voters need some explanation for their votes here. Blarg, Isaac, and Stan since all they had going for their votes was his claim at that point and some vague reasons for why they voted.

1. Like: SexyFish was killed - why? Was he the target? We can't know but we can guess.

Going to throw my two cents in on this but we have a few possibilities but we won't know for certain until we get another Night Phase to pass. It's possible he was the target of an SK and the Scum Kill was blocked but we can't know that for certain unless we get 2 Kills this coming Night Phase. Also Flavor =/= game mechanics but that doesn't rule out a Switcher possibly targeting SexyFish and whoever the original target was. It's also possible he was the original Scum Kill and was likely targeted for being quiet/a non-presence and would therefore yield little info, although why him over the other quieter players I have no idea, nothing in a quick re-read suggests anything one way or the other. He did have a vote on BB but I feel like you could argue that both ways between him and Dragonz and WIFOM it to death.

Same goes with the question of why a quiet player and not an active voice as the kill if nothing was switched/Scum killed SexyFish. It's hard to gauge anything off of one NK but if we have a pattern of quiet players being killed over loud players I'd look into the active crowd for Scum since their 'pool' is larger.

Considering how little time I had there was definitely not enough time to go back and analyze the context of any other votes on Palmer. As I said above, I didn't pay close enough attention to the votes to realize we were that close to a tie. I thought the leading candidates were WAMD and BB because that's where the conversation seemed focused. I just knew my earlier suspicion on Palmer's claim had been backed up by a third party so I went with my gut.

Then currently with the events that have transpired what are your thoughts on BB/Dragonz/Palmer now?

That includes me and my one Blarg vote. Even though I think he's scum, it was mostly a waste. Honestly stunned that nobody has fucking said anything about that. Bad town.

This makes me realize something else though. Does anyone think Scum Palmer wouldn't have been around to switch my vote to BB?

To be honest when you said you would be busy for the whole weekend I didn't question it. When it comes to those real-life excuses it's not something I usually turn around and go 'well hey wait a second...'

Does that mean you think Dragonz is Scum? Or did you just pull BB's name out?

My scummy list in the order I would lynch them:

Blargonaut
Burbeting
Natiko
isaacnukem
StanleyPalmtree
Dr. Worm

Vote: Blargonaut

Palmer I'm going to bop you over the head

... what? i dislike votes that have no basis, though it's at least better than having no vote.

At least explain something in regards to your vote/list besides 'yup this is it'.

You said earlier that you want to put pressure on those who voted for you early on and see how the Vanilla claims act but why do you have Isaac and Stan lower on your list than those who didn't vote for you, i.e. Burb and Nat. Similarly your thoughts on Dr. Worm and Blarg, since last I knew you voted for Blarg on Day 1 as a joking 'he annoys me' and I can't recall your thoughts on Worm.

I agree with your intuition here. I don't have Blarg on my list because of the Burbeting x Blarg interactions. I agree with the rest of your list because I do see them as largely coasting.

Least scum:
BlackBuzzard
LaunchPadMcQ

Pretty sure somebody already asked you about Launch but why BB as least Scum?

Who is your scum list right now? If you had the ability to kill 5 people right now, who would they be?

Five people? In order, right now.
acohrs
BlackBuzzard
Blargonaut
Natiko (or replacement)
isaacnukem

Mostly this was based on my day1 reads, with some reinforcement from today's events. I have some honorable mentions, but my list is only so big because we have too many damn inactives. Tell me why you're feeling so strongly on Dr. Worm and Stanley? The former I was scumreading d1 but now I'm less sure.

And Palmer, per your own post, you gotta be scum eventually, right? &#3232;_&#3232;

I feel most town on Sky and Sawneeks right now.

isaac
30years
acorn
swamped (just a gut read, I don't trust her one bit after Anime)

Palmer_v1

To be honest when you said you would be busy for the whole weekend I didn't question it. When it comes to those real-life excuses it's not something I usually turn around and go 'well hey wait a second...'

Does that mean you think Dragonz is Scum? Or did you just pull BB's name out?

Palmer I'm going to bop you over the head

At least explain something in regards to your vote/list besides 'yup this is it'.

You said earlier that you want to put pressure on those who voted for you early on and see how the Vanilla claims act but why do you have Isaac and Stan lower on your list than those who didn't vote for you, i.e. Burb and Nat. Similarly your thoughts on Dr. Worm and Blarg, since last I knew you voted for Blarg on Day 1 as a joking 'he annoys me' and I can't recall your thoughts on Worm.

Pretty sure somebody already asked you about Launch but why BB as least Scum?

Track record has shown me that people who vote for me with no logical explanation are scum at best, and dumb town at worst. That's why anyone that voted me on D1 is on my list. It also applies somewhat to people who clearly talk bout voting me so they have an excuse to jump on a bandwagon later.

My D1 vote was not really a joke vote at all. I didn't intend to leave it where it was, but if Blarg had been voted off, i would have been satisfied overall. That's why I'm voting him first. At best, he's scum, at worse, I'm killing a townie who never seems useful to town(IMO). Luckily, he fits a lot of my other criteria anyway.

For burb, I already posted why. He's skating in post count, quality, and voting record. I'd quote his posts but there aren't many to even look at.

Five people? In order, right now.
acohrs
BlackBuzzard
Blargonaut
Natiko (or replacement)
isaacnukem

Mostly this was based on my day1 reads, with some reinforcement from today's events. I have some honorable mentions, but my list is only so big because we have too many damn inactives. Tell me why you're feeling so strongly on Dr. Worm and Stanley? The former I was scumreading d1 but now I'm less sure.

And Palmer, per your own post, you gotta be scum eventually, right? &#3232;_&#3232;

I feel most town on Sky and Sawneeks right now.

See above. I'll try to go through Stan and Dr's posts tomorrow like I did BB, but I'm calling it for the night right now. Would be nice if some more people show up to actually play this game.

What do you mean about my own post?

Apologies for not being here much today, been struggling to focus on this game lately. I do want to say that I won't be here a ton this Day Phase; I've got a Final tomorrow and on Tuesday I'll be out of town all day. I'm also going to be at work up until Day End so....I'll be here when I can. Sorry, I'll try and pick up the pace the next Day Phase.

So was that before or after this post:

Here

Because the above quote makes me think you came to that decision after all the conversation but if that's the case why did you say what I linked?

While I was posting that I was doing the internal dilemma of "do I claim? do I stir this pot, or do I wait and see what happens?" I had a feeling that his claim was BS from the beginning, but as I said during the last day phase, I wanted to wait and see. And if something came up that countered his claim or his interactions with people, then we could tackle that, as a town.

Here, here, and here.

I knew from the start that I was vanilla. I never once considered that I may be the only one, or that someone would even bring up the possibility. When he mentioned it, I didn't truly realize it was a role madness game, so it was at that point that I decided to withhold the information until the need arises / Palmer did something especially shifty / one of us flipped. I figured that if someone were to come back with some HARD PROOF that he was lying or whatever, I could, at that point, come forward and counterclaim. I saw no point in doing it that early in the day, especially when it may put other PR's at risk.

I thought it would be several days down the road before we would even get to that point, but I was wrong, because I almost ended up getting bandwagoned, and it was at that point that I figured a mislynch on my end would A) lose a town wrongly and B) if Palmer IS telling the truth, he would be target numero uno the next day.

I'm not trying to protect him, even if that's what it sounds like. My thoughts on it are this: we very well could have multiple vanillas. It's not out of the realm of possibility at this point, and I would like to see some concrete proof before jumping to that conclusion. I'm trying to keep an open mind here.

Palmer_v1

The one where you said you're always town!

giphy.gif

I agree more people need to turn up. And do stuff when they do.

I only get angry when I'm town. My scum/neutral record is stellar.

i like how palmers reason for thinking that i and several others are scum is that he is completely full of himself.

i'm almost certainly wrong about some of them. Time will tell. In the meantime, you should consider actually contributing, cause that post is the equivalent of "lol no u".

You can do better.

I'm glad you brought this one back. at the time I read it and it felt like hammering a point to me, like ugh, but he explained his thought process! But now it feels like support for your claim.

I'm glad now my vote didn't count but I was for real over here yelling SHENANIGANS AND TOMFOOLERY at the computer at the time.

I for sure thought I was dead, so thank u based pineapple gods that it didn't <3

Palmer_v1

While I was posting that I was doing the internal dilemma of "do I claim? do I stir this pot, or do I wait and see what happens?" I had a feeling that his claim was BS from the beginning, but as I said during the last day phase, I wanted to wait and see. And if something came up that countered his claim or his interactions with people, then we could tackle that, as a town.

Here, here, and here.

I knew from the start that I was vanilla. I never once considered that I may be the only one, or that someone would even bring up the possibility. When he mentioned it, I didn't truly realize it was a role madness game, so it was at that point that I decided to withhold the information until the need arises / Palmer did something especially shifty / one of us flipped. I figured that if someone were to come back with some HARD PROOF that he was lying or whatever, I could, at that point, come forward and counterclaim. I saw no point in doing it that early in the day, especially when it may put other PR's at risk.

I thought it would be several days down the road before we would even get to that point, but I was wrong, because I almost ended up getting bandwagoned, and it was at that point that I figured a mislynch on my end would A) lose a town wrongly and B) if Palmer IS telling the truth, he would be target numero uno the next day.

I'm not trying to protect him, even if that's what it sounds like. My thoughts on it are this: we very well could have multiple vanillas. It's not out of the realm of possibility at this point, and I would like to see some concrete proof before jumping to that conclusion. I'm trying to keep an open mind here.

While I'm irritated that you didn't claim right away, I don't currently think you're lying. Your reactions to me are far more believable than the way BB's claim went down.

While I'm irritated that you didn't claim right away, I don't currently think you're lying. Your reactions to me are far more believable than the way BB's claim went down.

And I am sorry for how it went down, but I certainly wasn't going to draw out a claim for an issue that may not exist. At the time, it was too much of a risk for PRs, and I only decided to claim when I absolutely needed to.

Top Bottom