• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VANQUISH |OT| Bullet Ballet performed by the London Awesome orchestra

One week!

I'll post a link to the official thread I designed pretty soon. I would love to get some opinions on it. (Not trying to steal anyone's thunder here.)

Zomba13

Ah! Almost here! GAF decide for me, what version should I get and should I get the CE (I have a Zavvi 10% off code and might be able to get more money off it)

K-mart is having an awesome deal for Vanquish next week.

You get a $20 gaming coupon for another game, and then get $30 off a game on this list:

-Uncharted 2 GOTY
-Borderlands GOTY
-Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
-Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
-Halo Reach (All Editions)
-Dead Rising 2
-Mafia 2
-Read Dead Redemption
-F1: 2010
-Front Mission Evolved
-Quantum Theory
-Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions
-R.U.S.E.
-H.A.W.X 2
-God of War 3
-Heavy Rain

So awesome.

Peterthumpa

Played the demo yesterday (yeah, yeah, lttp) but it made me believe in japanese devs again (for action games).
Month one for sure as where I live those games never come out at the same time than in other places. :lol

DrAndonuts said:

You get a $20 gaming coupon for another game, and then get $30 off a game on this list:

-Uncharted 2 GOTY
-Borderlands GOTY
-Dead Rising 2
-Mafia 2
-Read Dead Redemption
-Front Mission Evolved
-Quantum Theory
-R.U.S.E.
-H.A.W.X 2
-God of War 3
-Heavy Rain

So awesome.

Wow that's a pretty sick deal. Kmart has really been stepping their game up lately.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I just ordered this game for 20.94 with release shipping at amazon. God bless game credits.

On top of that amazon even gave me a 10$ credit cause they were late shipping out Dead Rising 2 preorder bonuses or something.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DrAndonuts said:

-Uncharted 2 GOTY
-Borderlands GOTY
-Dead Rising 2
-Mafia 2
-Read Dead Redemption
-Front Mission Evolved
-Quantum Theory
-R.U.S.E.
-H.A.W.X 2
-God of War 3
-Heavy Rain

So awesome.
Can you use the coupon on the games on that list and still get the $30 off? I'm guessing that you can't.

DrAndonuts said:

-Uncharted 2 GOTY
-Borderlands GOTY
-Dead Rising 2
-Mafia 2
-Read Dead Redemption
-Front Mission Evolved
-Quantum Theory
-R.U.S.E.
-H.A.W.X 2
-God of War 3
-Heavy Rain

So awesome.

I guess I'm getting Vanquish and Castlevania that day then.lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Baller said:
Wow that's a pretty sick deal. Kmart has really been stepping their game up lately.
uh, not in their actual stores they aren't. I could sit in the electronics section of my Kmart for 2 hours and no staff would come within viewing distance of me. :lol
Maxrpg said:
Day 1. 360, GameStop.
Why would you want to broadcast that you're buying it at GameStop? That place sucks.

Adam J.

CaptYamato said:
So whom here is still playing any of the two demos?

I've been playing the challenge mode demo nonstop since it dropped on the JP PSN. Still get my ass kicked half the time :)

Doesn't Vanquish come with a 3D slipcase or did I imagine an animated gif of it?

If my Kmart get's it on Tuesday, I'll take advantage of that insane deal for sure.

Shit that K-Mart deal is sick. Totally getting Vanquish and Red Dead Redemption, I sold the latter title before I completed it. Then I'll use the $20 credit to buy a PSN card and get Undead Nightmare!!

flsh

Banned
I forgot about this game. I wonder which version I should get... I didn't notice any difference from the demo comparison so this is a question about which controller. I generally prefer the Xbox360 controller for shooters but if this gets move support patched I will kick myself for not getting the PS3 version instead.

Anyone knows if there are plans to add move support, or should I just preorder the Xbox version?

Adam J. said:
I've been playing the challenge mode demo nonstop since it dropped on the JP PSN. Still get my ass kicked half the time :)

Doesn't Vanquish come with a 3D slipcase or did I imagine an animated gif of it?

If my Kmart get's it on Tuesday, I'll take advantage of that insane deal for sure.

I was playing it but Castlevania took over last week. I'm going to be playing it most of the weekend. Next week is Midterms, so I won't have time for the actual game, until the weekend after it comes out.

UNCyrus

Been really excited about this game for a while now. OP, great job putting together this thread, you're only furthering my anticipation.

zOMG 7 moar days!

The_Dude

Had my pre-order paid off for a while now, can't wait! Getting the PS3 version since this is a rare game where I prefer the DS3 over the 360 controller.

Adam J. said:
It exists, but it looks like only some stores will be selling it with the lenticular cover. No idea which stores, though.

BumRush

Volcynika said:

No one commented on this and i laughed...well done.

As for the game, I'm super excited...this looks to be something entirely new (love the way it plays) for the TPS genre

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I loved the demo, love Platinum Games, in Mikami I trust, etc...

That K-Mart deal is nice, looks like I'm getting Vanquish and using the $20 coupon on NBA2K11 next week.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
DrAndonuts said:

-Uncharted 2 GOTY
-Borderlands GOTY
-Dead Rising 2
-Mafia 2
-Read Dead Redemption
-Front Mission Evolved
-Quantum Theory
-R.U.S.E.
-H.A.W.X 2
-God of War 3
-Heavy Rain

So awesome.

Holy shit! Can I use the $20 coupon to preorder Black Ops?

I might end up getting Vanquish and Enslaved next week even though I was not planning on buying Vanquish right away. :lol

Guts Of Thor said:
Holy shit! Can I use the $20 coupon to preorder Black Ops?

I might end up getting Vanquish and Enslaved next week even though I was not planning on buying Vanquish right away. :lol

Mikami games should always be bought on day one.

Top Bottom