• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VANQUISH |OT| Bullet Ballet performed by the London Awesome orchestra

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I've never played God Hand. Might just play it now.

I have Persona 3 sitting here ready to play too, not sure which one I'll tackle first.

Glix

Very poor this year. But now that we have the "HORRIBLE AND NOT AWESOME" GT5 delay, this is surely day one for me.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
SnakeXs said:
Are the Gamestop exclusives really exclusive? I loathe the idea of giving them any of my monies...

Don't! Exclusive content from Gamestop usually ends up as DLC days after release.

Phenomic

Vilix said:
Don't! Exclusive content from Gamestop usually ends up as DLC days after release.

Pretty much this, buy it from Kmart and deal with a hassle of finding an employee and walk out with 20$ coupon plus another cheap game from the list if you are interested.

I so wish the dog would have made it into the final release so I can live out my casshern fantasy. Still going to enjoy the heck out of it.

Fimbulvetr said:
Nah.

Not-Hilary Clinton is gonna turn out to be the final boss.
Candide specifies that there's a mole in the American government. Elena's last name is Ivanova. This is a Shinji Mikami game. You know where this is going.

Adam J.

I think the scientist is the rat. I predict at the end that the whole space-station turns into a mech and Sam has to boost up to the head to take out the traitor. You heard it here first folks...

Adam J. said:
I think the scientist is the rat. I predict at the end that the whole space-station turns into a mech and Sam has to boost up to the head to take out the traitor. You heard it here first folks...
I hope this happens.

Korigama

Rez said:
I've never played God Hand. Might just play it now.

I have Persona 3 sitting here ready to play too, not sure which one I'll tackle first.

God Hand.
As much as I liked Persona 3, P4 > P3.

CaptYamato said:
Sam is the mole.
2igyn8w.jpg

First time I've ever really used a meme here.

Adam J.

I know that Mikami mentioned a zero gravity level, but has any mention of flying been confirmed? I figured Sam's suit would be capable of flight towards the end of the game, since that red drone guy's suit is (an aerial battle with him would be epic). Some nice Space Harrier-esque levels would be a nice pallet cleanser.

Adam J. said:
I know that Mikami mentioned a zero gravity level, but has any mention of flying been confirmed? I figured Sam's suit would be capable of flight towards the end of the game, since that red drone guy's suit is (an aerial battle with him would be epic). Some nice Space Harrier-esque levels would be a nice pallet cleanser.

I said that after the trailer with the bad guy flying around. It's probably going to be sometype of zero shift though.

Candide specifies that there's a mole in the American government. Elena's last name is Ivanova. This is a Shinji Mikami game. You know where this is going.

Oh, you meant that she was working for the Russians?

Probably.

I'm sure she'll turn good in the end though, the hips don't lie.

Adam J. said:
Some nice ZoE-esque levels would be a nice pallet cleanser.

Fixed.

Seriously though, that guy is totally Sam's Anubis.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Adam J. said:

Sorta like the level in Bayonetta? I loved that.

Carnby

Game Informer reviewed Vanquish and gave it a 7.5. they said the game was less than four hours long, and the zero gravity stage is extremely short.

jaekwon15 said:
Game Informer reviewed Vanquish and gave it a 7.5. they said the game was less than four hours long, and the zero gravity stage is extremely short.

Whaaaa? Seriously the first middle/down review I've seen of this game.

Carnby

CaptYamato said:
Don't mind them. They only give super hyped games good scores.

but the game being only four hours long is not subjective.

Platinum has done it before. Mad World was only 3 to 4 hours long.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Phenomic said:
Pretty much this, buy it from Kmart and deal with a hassle of finding an employee and walk out with 20$ coupon plus another cheap game from the list if you are interested.

Go on...

I am unemployed and slowly draining my savings.

However, this is the only new game I am getting, even though I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything new until I get a job. :3

Lovely OP :)

UK PS3 Steelbook version preordered, this will be in my eager little hands in a week and based on the demo and my love for Platinum, I'm fully expecting this to be troubling the top of my GOTY list come the end of the year :)

Adam J.

So I'm guessing when Mikami said it would be around 8 hours, he was including the challenge modes, etc...(that probably doesn't even include the time spent on speed/scores runs, if you're into that sort of thing).

That's fine with me. 4 hours packed full of slo-mo grenade shooting and punching off giant robot heads is better than a 15 hour slog-fest.

jett

D-Member
jaekwon15 said:

...jeez. I'm gonna have to rethink buying this game.

Top Bottom