• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Street fighter 3 third strike and darkstalkers on switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eumi

So this is today's "I want this game on Switch" thread?

I dunno why I'm being snarky though. I want Third Strike on everything.

specdot

Pro Controller/Fight stick/Pokken Controller
Only one of these controllers are considered affordable. Fight sticks and the Switch Pro Controller ain't cheap. I don't understand why you Nintendo guys keep defending the device not having a functioning dpad. I understand it takes away local co-op if one JoyCon has a dpad, but that's not mine or anyone else's problem but Nintendo's.

For GAF's precious Switch? Yes. They're widely accepted now.
Mod approved son.

orioto

Good Art™
I have an honest question here cause i' not getting the logic sometimes.

With the non dpad, playing a fighting game on portable switch is going to be lame. So i guess people who wants it will play it on their tv with a pro pad. But then, how is it different from playing any version you already have on other platforms ?

Or maybe you want to play it in tablet mode. I find that really small if you take the distance for two players into account.

Magypsy

With the non dpad, playing a fighting game on portable switch is going to be lame. So i guess people who wants it will play it on their tv with a pro pad. But then, how is it different from playing any version you already have on other platforms ?

Or maybe you want to play it in tablet mode. I find that really small if you take the distance for two players into account.

I've been playing Waku Waku 7 and Garou on my Switch in tabletop mode against my friends at work, at bars, on train rides, etc. Playing with the joy-cons detached is not ideal, but it's a lot of fun to play a few games on the console. I like to compare it with this: sometimes you just wanna kick a shitty football around in a park, you don't always need a football field with a proper ball.

Additionally I can play at home on the tv with my Pokkén controller and I'll get a fightstick somewhere in the near future.

So yes please, more fighting games on Switch!!

Lol.

Yo luce, brother...that avatar is offensive.
Unbenannt-2.png

Mihos

Gold Member
Definitely not on Switch, but I would be down for a PS4 version.

Only thing I want on Switch is more RPGs.

jett

D-Member

If this machine actually gets more fighters, I figure Hori or whoever is going to make a joy-con with a real d-pad.

Skilletor

Is it really port begging to say you want old ass games on your new console?

Would it be port begging if I made a thread asking for Capcom to put all of their old beatem ups on modern consoles?

The screen actually isn't that small if you're playing between two people in a regular setting like on a table or at a desk. Playing portably with a non dpad is not ideal sure but it's good for impulse playing or showing off with friends. then again the newest update can let you connect something like the Pokken or pro controller to your Switch through the bottom port either way. If you're really into practicing pro strats on the go, that'd be the way to make it happen.

Cepheus

Third Strike is amazing and I would happily buy it again on Switch so I don't have to dig my PS3 out every time I want to play it.

kubev

I want a Switch controller with a good d-pad first. (Thankfully, I have two controllers pre-ordered, and I suspect that at least one of them will fit the bill.)

GDGF

Soothsayer

I've been playing NEO GEO fighters on Switch with the joycons just fine. Mileage may vary but I'm having no issues.

cHinzo

Would rather want a new Street Fighter EX game like that April's Fools one on the Switch since it doesn't get either SF V or Marvel vs Capcom. Oh well, can't have em all.

Why stop there?

Playerunknown battlegrounds would be the perfect Switch game! Looking forward to Star Citizen port too, that would be great on a TX1.

Yikes. Keep those to you

I can see the appeal of the later but I dont get why those survival simulator are so successful. I'm completely out of touch it seems

danmaku

Sure, since fighting games have problems selling, let's port some unpopular fighting games to the Switch so they can have even more problems selling! Sounds like a good strategy for Capcom.

I would be so down for Third Strike.

Why didn't Capcom release an upgraded version of that or SFIV instead of rehashing SFII? Baffling.
I want everything on everything. How's that? Now we're covered for every game on every platform.
You really having a tough time on GAF these day, huh. lol

Nephtes

I don't want any re-releases from Capcom on the Switch if they're going to be priced like Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers...

Only one of these controllers are considered affordable. Fight sticks and the Switch Pro Controller ain't cheap. I don't understand why you Nintendo guys keep defending the device not having a functioning dpad. I understand it takes away local co-op if one JoyCon has a dpad, but that's not mine or anyone else's problem but Nintendo's.

Not defending it, just saying there are options. A lot of people buy controllers/sticks especially for fighting games. Personally I have a specific controller on PC for Street Fighter IV/V that doesn't get used for anything else. So for me, it's not an issue. I already have a Pro Controller anyway.

Raitaro

Street Fighter III and Outrun are the old games I honestly want the most on Switch (now that Secret of Mana is actually on it in a frustratingly great yet unlocalized fashion...), preferably being included on a collection of sorts for each respective series.

Darkstalkers on Switch would be a really great bonus as well. That's remains one of my go to Halloween series in fact.

Come on, Capcom (and Sega)!

Didn't Ono mention about Ultra SFII not being the only thing released for the 30th anniversary? It'll probably end up being disappointing but I'll go along with him for now and keep hoping for a SF(III) collection.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
we all want things, we don't want threads about every game every poster want on any platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom