• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (OT 2?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoodMorning said:
big__o5c1478.jpg

"No Hipster Hats"
:lol :lol :lol :lol

"just shut the fuck up sometimes"

god i love kanye

Tokubetsu

Not even gonna think about how much it must have cost the record label to rent three studio spaces (Which, IIRC, is the entire studio where they were at) for how many weeks/months at a time. At least Ye seems effecient.

No hipster hats? What the hell. :lol :lol :lol

I guess I can't wear the Willy Wonka hat that I bought. It's a shame because I was about to wear it on a train...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Wouldn't be able to give it a 10, at the very least because of that lame overlong Chris Rock monologue in the middle of the album.

RJT

EviLore said:
Wouldn't be able to give it a 10, at the very least because of that lame overlong Chris Rock monologue in the middle of the album.
It'll grow on you. It's one of my favourite parts of the album now.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
EviLore said:

nope, 1 of my favorite moments from this album and I couldn't see it ever being cut.

I wanna make a GAF posse cut over the So Appalled beat

Get up on the floor, and word to Evilore
Pushing over magazine racks in the store
Console wars are...fucking ridiculous
These boards can be so damn ridiculous

posts by drunk bitches, backseat mod snitches
you know the shit is, fucking ridiculous!

LET'S DO IT GAF

parasight

RJT said:
It'll grow on you. It's one of my favourite parts of the album now.
This. Hated it when the clean leaked but it's become one of the most memorable parts of the album. It's like a skit within a song.

soul creator said:
I wanna make a GAF posse cut over the So Appalled beat

Get up on the floor, and word to Evilore
Pushing over magazine racks in the store
Console wars are...fucking ridiculous
These boards can be so damn ridiculous

posts by drunk bitches, backseat mod snitches
you know the shit is, fucking ridiculous!

LET'S DO IT GAF
oh man we need an instrumental cut NOW

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Not even gonna think about how much it must have cost the record label to rent three studio spaces (Which, IIRC, is the entire studio where they were at) for how many weeks/months at a time. At least Ye seems effecient.
It was estimated at over 3 million several months ago. Lets just say this album cost a fuckton to make. I really, really want this album to do crazy numbers though. We need more of this care put into projects in hip hop. Doesn't have to be expensive, just a lot of other rappers need to learn how to make complete packages like Ye does.

blame space said:
oh man we need an instrumental cut NOW

I support this entirely. DO IT GAF.

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
It was estimated at over 3 million several months ago. Lets just say this album cost a fuckton to make. I really, really want this album to do crazy numbers though. We need more of this care put into projects in hip hop. Doesn't have to be expensive, just a lot of other rappers need to learn how to make complete packages like Ye does.

More producers need to get away from the "single" structure (not saying this wasn't under that either..) and focus on albums as a whole. Just some unifying theme to bring the whole thing together.

This CD has really been worth the wait. I try not to let anticipation ruin things, but the hype i felt for this CD spelled doom for me. But Kanye proved me wrong. Unreal. I skipped class just so i could power through the CD again. <3

h3ro

BenjaminBirdie said:
That iTunes bonus track is so awesome. Dang.

"He just walked into Nobu like it was Whole Foods."

I'm headed there for a dinner next week. I'm gonna walk in barefoot and when they stop me, I'm gonna say "yeezy taught me".

Anyone else listening to the Interlude on loop? I love it. :D

Prentice

Neo Member
So Appalled is probably my favorite. Good to hear RZA again.

Also Pitchfork gave the album a 10!? Can't say I disagree - but wow, Pitchfork.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The album has a little bit of everything for everyone. What I like most, and is becoming clearer and clearer the more I listen is the progression of thought and character in Kanye from beginning. From finding bravery in his bravado to playing the blame game and being lost in the world, I cant help but see the gradual progression in Ye. All the power and religion and guidance and sexual prominence is stripped away one by one until the end where he's left with nothing but his insecurities exposed.

I feel like I'm overanalyzing, but when I listen to every single song, whether in order or indiidually, it doesn't seem like it anymore. Every song feels like a different mindstate At a different time.

Azure J

Damn, looks like I have another album to pick up this year. Not like I wasn't getting it though. So Appaled alone justifies the price of admission.

Tucah

you speak so well
Haven't gotten a chance to pick up my copy of the album yet, but the deluxe with Runaway is the only one with the changeable covers?

kottila

Just heard So Appalled as my second listen of the album (Monster didn't grab me more than the typical Kanye-single), but this one has me hooked. Love the beat, hate the fact that RZAs verse is so short that it almost messes up the flow of the song.

PBY

Banned
disappeared said:
Picking up the deluxe edition tomorrow. I have not heard a single track off of the album, save for Power. Can't fucking wait.
I'm jealous- I can't even imagine going in blind to this album

big ander

enzo_gt said:
The album has a little bit of everything for everyone. What I like most, and is becoming clearer and clearer the more I listen is the progression of thought and character in Kanye from beginning. From finding bravery in his bravado to playing the blame game and being lost in the world, I cant help but see the gradual progression in Ye. All the power and religion and guidance and sexual prominence is stripped away one by one until the end where he's left with nothing but his insecurities exposed.

I feel like I'm overanalyzing, but when I listen to every single song, whether in order or indiidually, it doesn't seem like it anymore. Every song feels like a different mindstate At a different time.
Yeah. I don't want to sound "p4k snobby" but whether or not you enjoy his music Kanye is one of the most prominent celebrities of the past 10 years, and this is a deep character analysis of him. That's why I love it. Plainly, it's fascinating.

ant1532

Banned
I skipped the leak. Just bought the album(dlx). first time listening to the final.

oh god. so fucking good. i feel like it was yesterday when i jamming to freshman adjustment.
T_T

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Mine looks the same cept I didn't get the film =/
Did you buy deluxe or normal? If the normal comes with interchangeable covers I'm going to go for that. The deluxe is the one that comes with the movie.

I don't care for the movie since I have it already. But I just want the interchangeable covers.

On my way to store now.

big ander said:
Yeah. I don't want to sound "p4k snobby" but whether or not you enjoy his music Kanye is one of the most prominent celebrities of the past 10 years, and this is a deep character analysis of him. That's why I love it. Plainly, it's fascinating.

Totally agree. It's really amazing on that score alone, even if his production work wasn't the best it's ever been. (It is.)

enzo_gt said:
? If the normal comes with interchangeable covers I'm going to go for that.

It doesn't (well at least the UK version doesn't) there inside the booklet but you'll end up damaging the booklet trying to get them as your cover

imag0045z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom