• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFRA

TylerD said:
All hail the Escudo!

021.jpg

That's another GT tradition of mine...

1. Race your ass off, save up money.
2. Buy Escudo Pikes Peak version
3. ???
4. Profit!

UFRA

brentech said:
Live a little South of Cleveland, OH. Mine just updated as shipped and is 5 hours away in Whitestown, IN.
This is killing me....

Hey! Our GT5's are leaving on their journey together.

I'm in Wisconsin and mine is coming from Whitestown, IN as well. :D

Latest Event: Whitestown IN
Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - Nov 23, 2010 6:42:27 PM

h3ro

UFRA said:
That's another GT tradition of mine...

1. Race your ass off, save up money.
2. Buy Escudo Pikes Peak version
3. ???
4. Profit!

I'm gonna rage if it shows up in the Used Car dealer before I have enough money...

Kaz, get to work on credit loans/leases for used cars!

Az

Playing around with online I found something I am not really happy with. When you join a lobby anyone in the lobby can start the race even if only one person does it. If they start the race everyone else has 30 seconds to join the race or they will have to sit out and spectate. This is pretty shitty and takes power away from the host.

It's nice to be able to have free runs though before a race starts.

nib95

Banned
Admittedly a lot of the visuals are inconsistent. Both in track and cars, but overall I think the game looks glorious.

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-430.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-437.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-442.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-452.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-458.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-460.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-471.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-481.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-489.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-492.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-495.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-496.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-512.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-514.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-520.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-521.jpg

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-522.jpg

Mush

So I was reading GTplanet for any comprehensive Online news (thanks a lot, guys :/) and apparently the only cars that can be race modified are the ones with RM besides their name in the car list.

WTF? Can someone confirm this?

UFRA

Dreams-Visions said:
I remember feeling that way about GT3 +

21425756.jpg

GT One was a straight up cheat code.

Yup! My brother told me about that car in GT3 and I won so many events with that thing.

By the way, does your Buy.com order say "Shipped" yet? Mine is still in "In the shipping process" status. I'm hoping I'll see "Shipped" at some point yet tonight. (If I recall, you were mentioning a Buy.com order for GT5 earlier)

I have some hope that my CE will arrive on the 24th since I ordered 1 day shipping on it.

If not, no biggie, Amazon has me covered with the standard edition.

Hazelhurst

UFRA said:
Hey fellow Amazon pre-order Gaffers, check your order status!

It's 9PM here in the midwest, and Amazon has just shipped my GT5. :D

Edit: actually they shipped it at 6:27PM, but they finally updated the order status to reflect this.
Yes, mine just shipped as well.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wow, already got the ending movie? I guess you can just trade your game tomorrow and put money down on GT6.

UFRA

Mush said:
DID EVERYONE PUT MUSH ON IGNORE OR SOMETHING :|

lol I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope it's wrong. I just checked the car list and did a CTRL F search for "RM" and there were only 27 matches, half of which were crap like the word "Performance" or something. The number of actual cars with "RM" in the name was like 10 - 2 of which were different versions of a Camaro...FFFFUUUU...

UFRA said:
lol I don't know the answer to your question, but I hope it's wrong. I just checked the car list and did a CTRL F search for "RM" and there were only 27 matches, half of which were crap like the word "Performance" or something. The number of actual cars with "RM" in the name was like 10...

Who are you talking to?

Ploid 3.0

Dreams-Visions said:
I remember feeling that way about GT3 +

21425756.jpg

GT One was a straight up cheat code.

I'm surprised without a internet how it is today that I also gravitated to the same cars. Pikes Peak was a beast, GT One was darn fast. Also other cars I used to beast was 787B, Skylines, GTO twin turbo.

TylerD

Y2Kev said:
1. race citta di aria until you have enough money to buy escudo
2. buy escudo
3. beat game

I see a problem with your first step...

Citta di Aria isn't in the game. :(

My Delta Integrale will not be pleased.

MGR

This place is a mess.

Anybody who is seriously considering not buying this game based on sensationalistic hit whoring reviews should take their strongest arm/hand, make a fist and punch themselves in the face for being such a dumbass.

UFRA said:
Yup! My brother told me about that car in GT3 and I won so many events with that thing.

By the way, does your Buy.com order say "Shipped" yet? Mine is still in "In the shipping process" status. I'm hoping I'll see "Shipped" at some point yet tonight. (If I recall, you were mentioning a Buy.com order for GT5 earlier)

I have some hope that my CE will arrive on the 24th since I ordered 1 day shipping on it.

If not, no biggie, Amazon has me covered with the standard edition.
yep, mine shipped on Monday. :)

Ploid 3.0 said:
I'm surprised without a internet how it is today that I also gravitated to the same cars. Pikes Peak was a beast, GT One was darn fast. Also other cars I used to beast was 787B, Skylines, GTO twin turbo.
ha! not sure how that happened, but I can say the same.

I also enjoyed my 1000+HP Viper and a couple of those NSX race cars, IIRC.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
LabouredSubterfuge said:
Who are you talking to?
The invisible man, that's who.
My shit is in Jersey right now, please don't fuck it up UPS. Get her home safe and sound tomorrow.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Im callin it:

IGN: 9.0
GS: 8.0
Giantbomb: 4/5
1up: A-
chubigans: 11/10

There just isn't enough time for reviewers to soak up the entire game...and that's Sony's fault.

jett

D-Member
chubigans said:
Im callin it:

There just isn't enough time for reviewers to soak up the entire game...and that's Sony's fault.

Here's what I think reviews will be like

IGN/GS/GB/1UP: I don't give a flying fuck and neither should anyone else

LCfiner said:
hmm. this changes things, my apologies. I was under the impression that the Carrara was just like the GT3 or the Turbo S since it uses the same motor… but the carerra is, indeed, gear driven. that would probably make the feel less smooth and would explain why it’s cheaper and includes the shifter compared to the GT3 RS that they sell (for 180 with the simpler pedals)

I don’t know if anyone on Gaf has used this model. most people here with fanatec wheels have the Turbo S since it works on three platforms.

you may want to look into the GT3 RS with the belt drive and then get the clubsport pedals and the shifter package later on.

After reading a lot about both I came across this review (skip to 28:00 or so and it starts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_311994&v=8n8z5v6QtjQ&feature=iv

And one of the guys actually likes the gear driven wheel more.

I guess it really is just preference at this point. It is a gift so I know she doesn't want to buy me 1/2 of the present (I suggested just the wheel :lol ) and she thought that was bullshit (plus it's sold out and probably won't ship by Christmas). So I think the Carrera might be the choice. This is my first wheel after all so going $300-450 deep kind of seems a little much at this point.

I mean, especially with how the French think of GT5 :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Obviously that chubigans guy has stocks n shit invested in Sony & PD. I also heard he's Kevin Butler's illegitimate cousin.

nib95

Banned
chubigans said:
Im callin it:

Agreed. Not naming any names, but one of the reviewers I often get games off of has actually had a little tiff with Sony over their antics. Apparently Sony UK are shite at giving out review copies to outlets (not just GT5) and unless he/she is constantly chasing the pr team they don't get shit. They only got their review copy of GT5 yesterday....

The reviewer in question has exchanged words and the relationship is awry. I mean seriously....upsetting reviewers Sony...is that really a good idea?

I'm thinking about heading up to my local kmart at midnight to see if they'll sell it to me.

Since Kmart's giving away a $25 gaming coupon when you buy the game

please sell it to me :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom