• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL WildCard Weekend 2010- Extended Xmas for Some;Miniature American Flags for Others

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschalter

eznark said:
GAF/National Media rules, dude. Close games have been defined as 4 points or fewer all year long. We won by 5 = NOT CLOSE!!!!!

Blowout via GAF logic

see, this is what i am talking about. even fmt is wittier than this.

eznark

Banned
dschalter said:
see, this is what i am talking about. even fmt is wittier than this.

Nothing witty about it. If we arbitrarily define a close game as 4 points or fewer because that makes the Packers record look shitty "in close game" then I would assume we'd want to be consistent, no? Victories by more than 4 points are necessarily not close games. If they aren't close then clearly they are comfortable victories.

Sadly though, the Packers are still atrocious in close games. Really gonna bite us.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
MyFaceIsOnFire said:
Who the heck are you?

The guy that will be celebrating while you log-out of your GAF account for days and cry youself to sleep on the night of Jan. 15th.

if anyone had t beat the Eagles; i'm glad it was the Packers.
sad that Eagles lost :(, no grudges though, now it will be watch to see whatever happens

eznark

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
The guy that will be celebrating while you log-out of your GAF account for days and cry youself to sleep on the night of Jan. 15th.

I'll probably just spam your facebook page with this

rodgersftw.gif

squicken

MechDX said:
Wasnt Rick Smiths pick. Kubiak ALWAYS had final say. According to sources now that has changed since they kept him.

Rick Smith has been in charge of defensive personnel since the beginning of he and Kubiak's tenure. The team has done a good job over the years at keeping info locked down, but Rick Smith has started killing Kubiak with his media cronies and people are now talking. Just like when Casserly tried to kill Capers with media cronies.

That's the depressing thing for you guys. Kubiak will get fired for sure, but Rick Smith will be there for a long time, and he is terrible at talent evaluation and procurement.

East Lake

dralla said:
he [nnamdi] said he wanted to play for the jets during the probowl, but there's no cap room anymore :[
Yeah I remember that, too bad that's the case but I"d like a competent pass rush for next year anyway.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Skiesofwonder said:

Yes, I will be upset if Green Bay loses but I won't lose sleep or cry. I'm a big boy. I don't do shit like break laptops when my team loses.

eznark

Banned
MyFaceIsOnFire said:
Yes, I will be upset if Green Bay loses but I won't lose sleep or cry. I'm a big boy. I don't do shit like break laptops when my team loses.

To be fair, you don't even watch the games.

[I'm doing your job for you Falcons fan]

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Skiesofwonder said:

?

Not like any Packer fan here is really honestly expecting us to win the Super Bowl or anything with all the crap that we've been through this season.

effzee

dralla said:
not sure if this was posted but,

"Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's contract voided and he will be allowed to become a free agent without the Oakland Raiders being able to use their franchise tag on him, Raiders senior executive John Herrera confirmed Sunday."

Eagles so need CB help and this would make too much sense so Eagles won't.

Now when they had Lito and Sheldon both playing well they went out and signed Asante out of nowhere for no real reason.

Fuck this team.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
eznark said:
To be fair, you don't even watch the games.

[I'm doing your job for you Falcons fan]

I watched the whole game. Why are you turnin on me? Plus, next week's game is on a Saturday and the following week I'll be going to the game live.

Skiesofwonder

MyFaceIsOnFire said:

I know, I'm just trash talking. :D

TheLegendary said:
Not even worth the time it takes to screen capture. Vick getting sponsored by PETA is more likely than this guy showing up again next week if the Packers win.

Well I have shitty hughesnet (satellite) connection with only a 200MB limit per day so unless my internet is out and I can't post or I am watching the game somewhere else that's not my house; I'll be here, rooting for my Falcons. :D

MechDX

squicken said:
Rick Smith has been in charge of defensive personnel since the beginning of he and Kubiak's tenure. The team has done a good job over the years at keeping info locked down, but Rick Smith has started killing Kubiak with his media cronies and people are now talking. Just like when Casserly tried to kill Capers with media cronies.

That's the depressing thing for you guys. Kubiak will get fired for sure, but Rick Smith will be there for a long time, and he is terrible at talent evaluation and procurement.

Dont see it that way, sorry. Kubiak has/had total control. The question now is how serious was McNair about removing some of that ultimate control? Could just be Kubiak pulling McNairs strings again. McNair is a great guy but he is clueless when it comes to overseeing his NFL team.

McNair is all about PR and perception. Signing someone like Aso would go a long damn way into showing the fans he truly wants to win. Half of me still believes he ok with the status quo as long as Reliant still sells out every damn Sunday in the fall.

Skiesofwonder

ZZMitch said:
Ridin dat bus!

:lol

It's kinda funny how I am a Tennessee Volunteers (college) and Atlanta Falcons (NFL) fan considering the 98-99 season was amazing for both (Atlanta losing in the Super Bowl while Tennessee winning the Champsionship) but ever since has been a pretty bumpy road for both.

This is the first time since 2001 (Tennessee) that I really believe one of them actually has a shot at a championship again. :D

Skiesofwonder said:
:lol

It's kinda funny how I am a Tennessee Volunteers (college) and Atlanta Falcons (NFL) fan considering the 98-99 season was amazing for both (Atlanta losing in the Super Bowl while Tennessee winning the Champsionship) but every since has been a pretty bumpy road for both.

This is the first time since 2001 (Tennessee) that I really believe one of them actually has a shot at a championship again. :D

I wonder... have you been a lifelong fan of the Atlanta Falcons football organization?

Skiesofwonder

TheLegendary said:
I wonder... have you been a lifelong fan of the Atlanta Falcons football organization?

I started watching both when I was 7, in 1997. Tennessee because my dad went there, and Atalanta because I live right below it. I admit I kinda wanned on watching Atlanta there for a litt bit (always been a bigger Tenesssee fan) but I have always rooted for them even if I missed the game. Vick picked my interest back up a bit more because of his play style but I never have or will see him as a SB-caliber QB (I thought schaubb was better honestly). Matt Ryan I have believed in from the start.

Colts are my other team because of Peyton Manning. He has always been my favorite UT and overall football player.

Rorschach said:
He's the creepy dude that threw that "gaf" get together.

Oh, he's THAT guy.

Every fan base has to have at least one asshat.

EDIT: And he cheers for another fucking team too??? God damnit WHY?!?!?

Rorschach

eznark said:
Nothing witty about it. If we arbitrarily define a close game as 4 points or fewer because that makes the Packers record look shitty "in close game" then I would assume we'd want to be consistent, no? Victories by more than 4 points are necessarily not close games. If they aren't close then clearly they are comfortable victories.

Sadly though, the Packers are still atrocious in close games. Really gonna bite us.
Dude, you're fighting against imaginary ghosts. GAF : eznark :: They : Tim Tebow

Colts are my other team because of Peyton Manning.
That's a pretty good other team, but they just lost. :(

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Well, when my interest in ATL wanned I became a Colts fan. DUH!

Skiesofwonder

Rorschach said:
He's the creepy dude that threw that "gaf" get together.

:lol Wait I'm creepy?

Storybook77 said:
Oh, he's THAT guy.

Every fan base has to have at least one asshat.

Well that's pretty harsh.

eznark:

:lol You really on my facebook friend list?

Narag

It's a good thing my 12 favorite teams made the playoffs or I don't know what I'd do.

MyFaceIsOnFire said:
Well, when my interest in ATL wanned I became a Colts fan. DUH!

Sounds familiar.

MyFaceIsOnFire said:
It's so awesome it's been posted at least 3 times in this thread. It's still awesome though.

damn why are you so cranky? your team won, you should be in good spirits.

i hate to see what your attitude will be after next weeks game....

squicken

MechDX said:
Dont see it that way, sorry. Kubiak has/had total control. The question now is how serious was McNair about removing some of that ultimate control? Could just be Kubiak pulling McNairs strings again. McNair is a great guy but he is clueless when it comes to overseeing his NFL team.

McNair is all about PR and perception. Signing someone like Aso would go a long damn way into showing the fans he truly wants to win. Half of me still believes he ok with the status quo as long as Reliant still sells out every damn Sunday in the fall.

I'm not basing that on something I think, it's what I heard from the radio guys. I'm sure other people locally have a different take. I am comfortable agreeing to disagree since the information isn't exactly published on the team website.

As far as PR, I think if he cared about public perception, he would have fired Kubiak. Do you remember the comments after the Baltimore game about the other owners being proud of his team? :lol

He has no clue what the fans think.

Rorschach

Skiesofwonder said:
:lol Wait I'm creepy?
Between that and the internet friends thread, yes. Very. No offense. Some of my favorite people are creepy! Like famous character actor Steve Buschemi through no fault of his own!

yacobod

Banned
storybook77 said:
I didn't realize we were begging either....news to me.

well when you're part of such a shitty fanbase in the ATL, i don't think you should be kicking ppl off the bandwagon. who knows when the next time the falcons are going to have a legit shot at the super bowl.

Skiesofwonder

I'm not really rooting for two teams btw. It just happens to be my all-time favorite player from the Tennessee Volunteers, my college team. So I'm just rooting for Peyton Mannning.

It's not my fault he makes up 94% of the Indianapolis Colts. :p

snesfreak

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
Sure, skies.
We shall see, I only wish the Bucs could be the team to knock them out of the playoffs.

Skiesofwonder said:
I'm not really rooting for two teams btw. It just happens to be my all-time favorite player from the Tennessee Volunteers, my college team. So I'm just rooting for Peyton Mannning.

It's not my fault he makes up 94% of the Indianapolis Colts. :p

peyton makes up 100% of the colts. without him they are bottom feeders. that is why the colts will pay him close to $20 mil a season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom