• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

Uchip said:
im sorry to say this but furries are all over MLP
and some of this art just reeks of it
only a matter of time before you stumble on something truely disturbing

if it's not mlp, then it's sonic, if it's not sonic, it's digimon/pokemon/krystal, if it's not those it's Disney movies.

it'll never stop with them.

Uchip

Banned
G-Fex said:
if it's not mlp, then it's sonic, if it's not sonic, it's digimon/pokemon/krystal, if it's not those it's Disney movies.

it'll never stop with them.

its a shame though since anthropomorphism can be great for characterization
it just has a community of creepers behind every single show

OMG Aero

Darte said:
If anyone is interested in using this as a wallpaper, here's the artist's DA page where there is a 1920x1200 version. It looks great as a desktop.
Uchip said:
im sorry to say this but furries are all over MLP
and some of this art just reeks of it
only a matter of time before you stumble on something truely disturbing
I think this is true for pretty much everything, you just have to avoid the bad parts of the fan base. Hell, I like the old and more recent Sonic games but that series has probably the worst fan base of all game series.

Uchip

Banned
OMG Aero said:
If anyone is interested in using this as a wallpaper, here's the artist's DA page where there is a 1920x1200 version. It looks great as a desktop.

I think this is true for pretty much everything, you just have to avoid the bad parts of the fan base. Hell, I like the old and more recent Sonic games but that series has probably the worst fan base of all game series.

wat

NEO0MJ

Darte said:
Well thats one way to get some peace and quiet D:
mail.google.com.jpg

Pfft, we all know it's Pinkie Pie that hypnotizes people.

join_the_party_by_don_komandorr-d3b4qpd.jpg

And man, some of the art on DA is just...disturbing. I know I shouldn't be surprised it exists but that doesn't make it less disturbing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Uchip said:
its a shame though since anthropomorphism can be great for characterization
it just has a community of creepers behind every single show

Because you know, other stuff don't have it!

I've seen worse than furries.

Uchip

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Because you know, other stuff don't have it!

I've seen worse than furries.

let me rephrase
MORE creepers than normal
and everyone who has spent more than a week on the internet has seen worse than furries

Boss Doggie

I wouldn't equate Sonic fandom with furries - they're their own niche. Same with MLP.

And the problem is the internet itself. Have an anthro character? ZOMG WHY IS THERE A FURRY THERE! Thankfully Japan has no problem like that so I have this awesome avatar for it :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
RiccochetJ said:
Not sure if this has been posted, but the person that made PonyCraft 2 uploaded this:
Rarity: A Fashionista's Cutie Mark Odyssey

You know, I'm trying to figure out what kind of play that is. I see one pony that's covered in fruit, another that's covered in feathers, one that's a cake, one that's a bail of hay with a hat, and a flower. And they're bobbing left in right in something that might resemble a dance if people couldn't move their arms and legs.

WHAT IS THE PLOT?

I mean, maybe it's the pony food groups, but what about the one in feathers? And ponies don't eat gemstones!

Uchip

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
I wouldn't equate Sonic fandom with furries - they're their own niche. Same with MLP.

And the problem is the internet itself. Have an anthro character? ZOMG WHY IS THERE A FURRY THERE! Thankfully Japan has no problem like that so I have this awesome avatar for it :D

I like cute/mature characters
if theyre part alien or animal it doesnt make me think of perversion as much as interesting characterisation

its innocent shows like MLP that people make the most disturbing stuff about

Cheerilee

googleplex said:
How the fuck can anyone not like Apple Jack?
She's kind of a racist redneck.

Remember how Winter Wrap Up turned out to not just be an Earth Pony festival, but more of a civic duty, like building a sandbag wall before a river flood, or fixing roofs before a rainstorm, or boarding up windows before a tornado? A duty that Ponyville regularly failed?

Ponyville was initially an Earth Pony settlement. Their traditions are automatically Earth Pony traditions. That's why they often fail things like Winter Wrap Up. Magic and wings can be extremely useful in certain situations, but Ponyville was built without significant access to them.

Now Celestia's world-shaping agenda currently involves cramming ponies from other races into Ponyville to diversify it, and Applejack really doesn't like what's happening. She tolerates it, to a point. She can't do anything about all the blacks and Chinese moving in next to her, but she'd prefer it if they at least don't act black or Chinese around her.

Twilight was new to the event and tried to use her magic to help Applejack's farm, and Applejack said "No way, at least, not on MY property that's not happening." It's like if two black guys were helping her fix her roof, and one black guy says to the other "Hey, why should I climb this ladder to bring you a box of nails, why don't I just toss it up to you, three-point style." And then the black guy throws and misses and breaks something, and Applejack comes over and doesn't care that there was an accident or that something got broken or someone could have gotten hurt... no, she says "How dare you act so black on my property? Basketball is completely off-limits. You can climb up and down this ladder the same way my white ancestors did or you can get the hell out."

And partly because of that bad attitude, Applejack failed to get her roof fixed in time for the rain.

And the black guy's lesson was "Just leave her alone and go help the job foreman for a while, because we've noticed that this hick over here can't read a blueprint."

I'm being deliberately harsh. I like Applejack just fine.

googleplex said:
No matter how you slice it, using your wings in a long jump contest is cheating.
It wasn't cheating, it was a broken test.

Also, Rainbow Dash made her intention to use wings clear, Applejack didn't object to the test before or even after it was performed, and two independent referees thought it was legal.

Boss Doggie

Uchip said:
I like cute/mature characters
if theyre part alien or animal it doesnt make me think of perversion as much as interesting characterisation

its innocent shows like MLP that people make the most disturbing stuff about

Hell I'm disturbed by Gadget too but not everyone is into it - just a minor thing especially those "cute" stuff. I personally prefer mature/bara-style anthro over cutesey-wutsy ones

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Ookami-kun said:
Hell I'm disturbed by Gadget too but not everyone is into it - just a minor thing especially those "cute" stuff. I personally prefer mature/bara-style anthro over cutesey-wutsy ones
2th still wants to kill you, anyway. That's not very brony-like, if you ask me.
MPuxLm.jpg

Boss Doggie

Like I said, I don't really think MLP "obsessed fans" belong to furries much like Sonic "obsessed fans". I mean, I'm a furry but I only see MLP as a good show and as a fan, nothing more.

This show ain't got someone like Doggie Kruger

Uchip

Banned
Ookami-kun said:

so... in english you said whatnow?

NEO0MJ

tiff said:
The MLP thread being created by a furry is going to make for terrible PR with the rest of GAF.

I already hate the show now. Will tell all my friends MLP is for furries.
Back to Transformers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom