• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about THIS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith_(Marvel_Comics)

Okay, now I'm just throwing names out there randomly.

elementary my dear sholmes #thatgafthreadaboutgameannouncedatsdcc

Elementary means keep it simple. It's either Mephisto or Vergil IMO. If Chibi is believed, Lupinko can't explicitly state HEY ITS MEPHISTO. But he has given freebies in the past, so why can't he give freebies now? He has to prolongue it? Just do one a day and literally everyone is happy.

The reason we led away from Vergil is cause he said it isn't who you think it is. Then we got back to Mephisto. The reason why we should believe Vergil is because his links are the simplest, and they make the most sense with previous, uncited hints that he gave out. We've reached the endgame with these hints and there's not much else to go amidst uncertainty.

And why should we still be open to Carnage? Just because crimson said it? There's no other evidence backing up Carnage, none of the devil stuff, nothing. He's as baseless as a guess as Red Arrhemer.
You're right. I'll keep some confidence in Mephisto, it's a good argument. I just think it's strange that, before, when people would guess correctly, he'd give us a score, or something. Or say "Page 39 of GFAQs!" Now, we're like "Yeah, definitely Mephisto", but he keeps posting clues instead of throwing us even the slightest hint that we're on the right path.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
You're right. I'll keep some confidence in Mephisto, it's a good argument. I just think it's strange that, before, when people would guess correctly, he'd give us a score, or something. Or say "Page 39 of GFAQs!" Now, we're like "Yeah, definitely Mephisto", but he keeps posting clues instead of throwing us even the slightest hint that we're on the right path.

It's not only Neogaf that reads his twitter. He has gamefaqs and SRK following him. As well as plenty of randoms. There are lots of reasons why he'd continue to throw out clues.

kirblar

Karsticles said:
Last time I checked, Elektra doesn't have horns. :p

About the Gem tweets, I don't know anything about that show, and I do this while at work all day, and I can't have youtube with sound on. So, I haven't the slightest about them in any way.
Her ex-boyfriend does.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
Yeah, I think part of the problem might be that too many options are being kept open. If you leave options open, you'll just desperately be looking for clues to satisfy that option... and ultimately will make connections where there are none. I think people just need to keep it practical instead of trying to find clues where there are none.
Exactly. Much of the reason people's guesses have gone to shit is because they're dying to find some connection between x tweet and Sigma or what have you. This is why, if you've been keeping up, SRK has been absolute shit for the past 20 pages or so.

When we've gotten this close, and we have multiple candidates infront of us already, why introduce more that satisfy 1 of the criteria but not the rest that we've compiled so far?

Karsticles said:
I just feel as if we've compiled this much so far, these are our best bets without getting complex again. lupinko introducing references to other hints only adds to the mass confusion. And with none of them confirmed along the way, we just jump between tweets trying to scramble together what we can. If I was in his spot, I'd put some relative closure on this and move on, because relying on us to give ourselves closure is impossible when someone is always coming out of left field trying to justify Red Arrhemer.

My guess is Mephisto. FOR OR AGAINST LUPINKO?

mr. puppy

Banned
just to reiterate:
1)Venom 2243 +233 (30.94%)
2)Gambit 2010 +566 (27.72%)
3)Carnage 1444 +64 (19.92%)
4)Ghost Rider 1380 +150 (19.03%)
5)Ms. Marvel 1230 +5 (16.96%)
6)Psylocke 1225 +158 (16.90%)

1)Mega Man X 2568 +542 (34.07%)
2)Phoenix Wright 2116 +251 (28.07%)
3)Strider 1865 +671 (24.74%)
4)Gene 1194 +82 (15.84%)
5)Frank West 1112 +2 (14.75%)
6)Vergil 1110 +38 (14.73%)

It's not only Neogaf that reads his twitter. He has gamefaqs and SRK following him. As well as plenty of randoms. There are lots of reasons why he'd continue to throw out clues.
I'm in charge of the thread on GFAQs though, and I'm also a poster on SRK that has been leading people to Mephisto. :p

Her ex-boyfriend does.
Lupinko already said it's not Daredevil.

I just feel as if we've compiled this much so far, these are our best bets without getting complex again. lupinko introducing references to other hints only adds to the mass confusion. And with none of them confirmed along the way, we just jump between tweets trying to scramble together what we can. If I was in his spot, I'd put some relative closure on this and move on, because relying on us to give ourselves closure is impossible when someone is always coming out of left field trying to justify Red Arrhemer.
*nods* Indeed. That's why, even when we have it, things get sidetracked. Someone puts together a good argument, a lot of people say "oh wow, that's convincing", and then there's a silence. Suddenly someone pops in and makes a random guess: "omg, Megaman's dog rush was red - teh megamanz!?", and then people forget that we made progress.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Karsticles said:
I'm in charge of the thread on GFAQs though, and I'm also a poster on SRK that has been leading people to Mephisto. :p

Well, you know what I mean. The internet is not just Gaf, Gfaqs, and SRK. People are following him for clues. He shouldn't just stop once the character's been guessed correctly by part of the community.

devenger

I thought a few pages back someone nailed it: GAF meme, Marvel, red = Bishop. I have no idea about horns, but Mephisto classicly doesnt have them.

edit: Red, horns : Daredevil. Keep it simple.

kirblar

Karsticles said:

Lupinko already said it's not Daredevil.
No, I mean that Red Devil-type clues could possibly be referring to Elektra, as she's Daredevil's female counterpart.

1. Red
2. Male
3. Badass

And I said Carnage due to him making the top ten and he has a really good mini that recently came out and a new one due in December.

Well, magnificent seven is the name of an old western modeled after Seven Samurais.

May be off track or right.

Well, you know what I mean. The internet is not just Gaf, Gfaqs, and SRK. People are following him for clues. He shouldn't just stop once he's guessed correctly by part of the community.
I'm not saying stop, I just wish that the score system would return. Remember when he did that?

I thought a few pages back someone nailed it: GAF meme, Marvel, red = Bishop. I have no idea about horns, but Mephisto classicly doesnt have them.
Is that really a "meme", though? Moderators names being red isn't really a meme here, is it? I'm still a pretty young GAFer.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
mr. puppy said:
just to reiterate:

2)Phoenix Wright 2116 +251 (28.07%)
3)Strider 1865 +671 (24.74%)
4)Gene 1194 +82 (15.84%)
6)Vergil 1110 +38 (14.73%)

fixed

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
crimsonspider89 said:
1. Red
2. Male
3. Badass

And I said Carnage due to him making the top ten and he has a really good mini that recently came out and a new one due in December.

Well, magnificent seven is the name of an old western modeled after Seven Samurais.

Lupinko never implied it was a male. And Carnage as a character makes very little sense with Venom being so much higher on the list, and the more logical choice.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
fludevil said:
In GAF, mods are red.

Sounds like a dead end stretch for people who really wanted Bishop.

crimsonspider89 said:
1. Red
2. Male
3. Badass

I think the speculation should stay related to lupinko's tweets. The only thing in your post that has connected lupinko and Carnage is "red".

devenger

Grecco said:
Plus the relationship between gaf meme and bishop?

Bishop is a GAF mod, mods are red, and Bishop banning people is a GAF meme.

edit: I certainly don't want Bishop. Iron Fist and Dr Strange please, I'm just trying to make a best guess.

I dont see how anyone else has tied a GAF meme into a Marvel character.

enzo_gt said:
Lupinko never implied it was a male. And Carnage as a character makes very little sense with Venom being so much higher on the list, and the more logical choice.

Venom might be more popular, but fact is, the "classic" Venom, 90s Venom, Eddie Brock. Is not Venom anymore. He's Anti-Venom now.

Venom is now hosted by Flash Thompson. Before that, he was hosted by Mac Gargan who essentially turned out to be Carnage in Black.

Carnage on the other hand recently returned to his original host, Cletus Kasady. He also, as someone else mentioned, is due to receive a mini. Believe me, I hate Carnage with a passion, but I can see why they would include him instead of Venom to take over Venom's MvC2 moveset (with adaptions obviously). Simply because the current Venom is not going to be like that. Thompson Venom essentially is a commando with superhuman strength/agility/etc. And Brock is Anti-Venom. So.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
fludevil said:

Bishop is a GAF mod, mods are red, and Bishop banning people is a GAF meme.

edit: I certainly don't want Bishop. Iron Fist and Dr Strange please, I'm just trying to make a best guess.

I dont see how anyone else has tied a GAF meme into a Marvel character.

I thought there were plenty of other reasons why Bishop would be in, including the GAF meme. I think the red + horns are clues for a different character.

Karsticles said:
Do people ever say a mod is "being red" when they ban people? This is an interesting idea.

lol, no. I don't believe so.

Dirtbag

GuardianE said:
Sounds like a dead end stretch for people who really wanted Bishop.

I think the speculation should stay related to lupinko's tweets. The only thing in your post that has connected lupinko and Carnage is "red".

There was a gaf meme about carnage being red venom, and the whole Aunt May is Carnage thing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:
I thought there were plenty of other reasons why Bishop would be in, including the GAF meme. I think the red + horns are clues for a different character.

lol, no. I don't believe so.
My problem with Bishop is that people compiled all of this other evidence for Bishop out of the disconfirmation of Cable. We were told explicitly that hint was to disconfirm someone by Chibi. So just because Cable was disconfirmed, people started riding high on Bishop being in from the same set of hints. TBH all the Bishop stuff seemed baseless to me from the start.

And I also thought "someone very red" referred to the character itself, but I mean that can go any way.

devenger

GuardianE said:

Ahh, maybe. That would make Daredevil a lock, and theyre supposed to be relaunching the movie franchise next year.

The original tweet. Reddest motherfucker. Doesn't sound like damn female.

Venom is bogged down to people will bitch if not Eddie venom.

And each Venom fights differently.

Flash venom would be jumping around using guns and grenades to demolish the opponent as well as other typical venom tools where Gargan venom would fight like a mix between Logan and Hullk.

Issue with Venom.

Hurmun

Neo Member
This Bishop thing has lost me...I was already lost, but now even more so. Still entertaining though.

These clues are hard to figure out and I have no idea how you guys are doin it so well.

Dirtbag

enzo_gt said:
My problem with Bishop is that people compiled all of this other evidence for Bishop out of the disconfirmation of Cable. We were told explicitly that hint was to disconfirm someone by Chibi. So just because Cable was disconfirmed, people started riding high on Bishop being in from the same set of hints. TBH all the Bishop stuff seemed baseless to me from the start.

And I also thought "someone very red" referred to the character itself, but I mean that can go any way.
Did anyone explore the notion of red/anger and connect it to anyone?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
fludevil said:
Ahh, maybe. That would make Daredevil a lock, and theyre supposed to be relaunching the movie franchise next year.
This was my argument for Elektra + Wolverine O-Face GAF meme:

Elektra
"sup bitches, all i got 2 say is dat dis is one reddest motherfucker, gaddaymn
non-parental advisory version: someone very red"
  • Elektra's traditional costume is famously red.
"i actually did hint something new this weekend, but looks like people just got lost and didn't pick up on the trinket i threw out there
look the only hint is someone very red, there may be something else thrown to add to it, but that was it really, lolsrk"
  • He suggests that in addition to the previous two tweets, there was one other piece of information across the weekend that hints at the red character.
"anyway the helper hint i threw out to go with something sehr rot hint is a meme that a certain forum will only know, believe
By the way, that meme belongs to Gaf.
If they know which Gaf meme it is."
  • The first is a tweet by Lupinko, suggesting that a meme on a message board will crack the code to the identity of the red character. Likely GAF because he said "believe," which was only confirmed by him posting the second line on GAF.
  • This meme could possibly be the Wolverine O-Face meme on GAF, one of the most famous. It consists of Wolverine's face on this comic-book cover being photoshopped into image macros everywhere for comedic purposes.
  • On the ComicVine page for the Wolverine comic book issue, it lists The Hand as a team that makes an appearance in the issue and presumably the series as well. Elektra has been the leader of The Hand.
  • For context, Niitsuma once explained that each of the stages in MvC3 were related to one of the characters in the game. "The Hand's Hideout" is in the game, but no Daredevil or Elektra series representatives are in the roster. Rumours also around the release of MvC3 swirled that Elektra was cut alongside Frank West and would make it in via DLC. Niitsuma later came out and explained that Frank West was cut due to hardware and technical complications revolving around his moveset in the MvC3 engine, leading people to believe Elektra was cut to even up sides. [Source]
"Haha, no, not that meme. Just look at the recent tweets, which sticks out since it had nothing to do with everything else being discussed earlier tonight?"
  • A disconfirmation that the meme he is referring to is the planeintosunset.jpg meme, in reply to someone who suggested that was the meme.
" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-je6hkGoL0
So yeah Kevin spacey was too good again, Jennifer anniston was smokin hot and lol Colin farrel was great, to think he was also bullseye"
  • Freakazoid could potentially be a reference to Bullseye, who is known to go mental times, who is directly referenced in the second, later tweet. Bullseye is known to be one of Elektra's main rivals.
  • One of these two, or both could be the trinket of extra information about the red character that lupinko was referring to.
" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLQiTuTFF6I&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt59rjadYeI&feature=related "
  • Two Bruce Campbell videos, Bruce Campbell was knwon to be signed to Elektra Records. [Source]
  • These videos could also be the trinkets of information dropped throughout the weekend.
" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSHjl_bZjpY&feature=related "
  • This video features red ninjas, much like Elektra is. [Source]
  • Another potential trinket of information.
Lupinko allegedly replied to someone's guesses over a PM, and when he questioned "Oh man, you can't be talking about Daredevil..." lupinko replied "You're still overlooking it dude. lol"
  • This is possibly an indication that it is not Daredevil. Daredevil was also for a period of time, leader of The Hand. This would clear up any ambiguity in references to The Hand, as instead of referring to Daredevil, they would likely be referring to Elektra.

devenger

mr. puppy said:
just to reiterate:
3)Carnage 1444 +64 (19.92%)
4)Ghost Rider 1380 +150 (19.03%)
5)Ms. Marvel 1230 +5 (16.96%)

I'm not happy about any of these, so I'm not even sure why I'm following.

Doc Ock sounds like fun, Daredevil would be interesting. Still hoping for Strange, Iron Fist, Vision.

Ahh, if the Bishop stuff was tied to disproving Cable, then no worries.

Again, Daredevil is very red and has horns. Anyway he doesn't fit?

edit: I'm not saying youre wrong, but Elektra would be a mighty waste.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
crimsonspider89 said:

Venom is bogged down to people will bitch if not Eddie venom.

And each Venom fights differently.

Flash venom would be jumping around using guns and grenades to demolish the opponent as well as other typical venom tools where Gargan venom would fight like a mix between Logan and Hullk.

Issue with Venom.

Motherfuckers are generally male, actually, though it's not a hard and fast rule.

Anyway, there's zero reason to speculate Carnage outside of a hodgepodge of random facts unrelated to lupinko's tweets. Venom is another issue entirely, but we haven't seen anything remotely conclusive about him either.

fludevil said:
Again, Daredevil is very red and has horns. Anyway he doesn't fit?

People are saying that Daredevil was deconfirmed by lupinko.

Obviously, "red" is relating to red heads, and as we all know, nurses are bad motherfuckers.

Night Nurse confirmed:
palmerchristinenightnurse4.jpg

Dirtbag

I personally think its going to be either carnage or bishop.
Bishop makes sense because we need to get a black guy into marvel period. How have we gone this long without a black guy in MvsC series.

Carnage makes sense from a fan's wishlist perspective. I think either venom or carnage is going to end up making the final roster of MvsC3 either now or later as DLC or updated version. I imagine venom will be retooled if we get him, or if it's carnage I'm thinking (hoping) he's got a different playstyle from past venoms.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damnit lupinko give us the hint. Or just give us another hint to at leak break down between the Elektra/Mephisto/Bishop nonsense we're stuck in.

Also BUY BUY BUY SCOTT PILGRIM. Greatest movie out of all of 2010's films. Of all of em.

GuardianE said:
How often are you caught juggled in the air behind Dante? It doesn't really seem like something that breaks Dante as a character.
Once is enough for a character with projectile hypers, beams, air projectiles, a teleport, several anti air attacks(think the purple guitar column and his spinning flames) and a power up hyper.

It'd be understandable if we were talking about some bottom of the barrel characters like Arthur or mid tier characters like Spencer, but Dante is already a force to be reckoned with even without fucked up juggles.
GuardianE said:
I guess the tiniest of damage reductions wouldn't be too bad, but I think that issue could be rectified with a hitstun nerf instead... and I think that the change would be better for it.
Either change would do it for me, but the thing is that it takes a while for hitstun to take effect and it might not do enough to mitigate damage on short combos he could use. Either way, I don't care that much about his damage.
GuardianE said:
Dante has less health than Morrigan and Hsienko. I don't see how Ammy is a reasonable character if Dante isn't. Ammy has more tools (more moves =/= more tools), more situational advantages, and better assists. She has lower health, but any combo that would kill Ammy will likely kill Dante with a DHC.
I already stated above that Dante has way more tools than any of my characters. He has a fantastic AA assist that shuts down air games, a power up hyper, projectiles, beams, multiple AA attacks, fast low pokes, great damage, a safe S air attack nearly on par with dive kicks in spammability(yeah I made that word up lol) and better X-factor bonuses.

He is not that far ahead of an A class character like Ammy, but he certainly has enough going for him that he could have that dumb juggle fixed at least.
enzo_gt said:
Damnit lupinko give us the hint. Or just give us another hint to at leak break down between the Elektra/Mephisto/Bishop nonsense we're stuck in.

Also BUY BUY BUY SCOTT PILGRIM. Greatest movie out of all of 2010's films. Of all of em.
I seriously can't imagine how the hints point to anyone else. Mephisto seems so obvious to me and most other people.

enzo_gt said:

SP is not exactly a movie for everyone. I know lots of people who thought it was atrocious.

crimsonspider89 said:
This is one of the first things I thought when I saw the tweet days ago. It seemed strange that he would refer to a female as a motherfucker lol.

MGrant

I just hope they don't fix the TAC cancel "glitch." I need those She-Hulk ass-drop cancels. Her resets are great, but relying on resets when your opponent can just Wolverine/Akuma/Wesker his way to sesame street combos is a losing strategy.

SmithnCo

Did anyone make the link between his "I'm certain that you would know" tweet and the Jem song "You Already Know?" (which has the lyrics "I'm certain you would know" in them) Perhaps a hint that we had previously speculated about this character or just a hint that this relates to previous hints. Anyway I think the Mighty Max thing might still be the most important.

Dirtbag

Who's a president in Mavhel / Capcom.
We've got a mayor

enzo_gt said:
"sup bitches, all i got 2 say is dat dis is one reddest motherfucker, gaddaymn
non-parental advisory version: someone very red"

1210553475452bv9.jpg

A commander in chief?
A senator?
The leader of the free world?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SolarPowered said:
I already stated above that Dante has way more tools than any of my characters. He has a fantastic AA assist that shuts down air games, a power up hyper, projectiles, beams, multiple AA attacks, fast low pokes, great damage, a safe S air attack nearly on par with dive kicks in spammability(yeah I made that word up lol) and better X-factor bonuses.

He is not that far ahead of an A class character like Ammy, but he certainly has enough going for him that he could have that dumb juggle fixed at least.

Yes, Dante has more tools than any of your characters (I play Morrigan too). There's no argument who is a better character. But I'd argue that Capcom simply didn't give Hsienko and Morrigan enough tools/damage. Dante is not inherently broken, and I'd venture to say that Amaterasu is farther ahead than Dante in terms of tiers (I hate that dog). The guy doesn't need major nerfing. Hsienko was simply made too weak for a game filled with powerful characters.

Broken teleports refers more to wesker than anyone else, broken dive kick refers to Wolverine's safe as fuck shenanigans and broken X-factor chip applies to a lot of characters, especially Dormammu who would otherwise be one of the most well done heavy characters in any fighting game in my opinion.

Dante approaches cheap because of how safe some of his stuff is, how good his recovery is off of air S and how crazy good his combos connect even if you inexplicably end up floating behind him. He is not broken and I never said he was.

Edit: The only character who could qualify as broken is DP phoenix. The matchup is completely in her favor against specific characters, but outside of her even the worst characters stand chance of winning against the ones that are popular at the moment. Dante's retarded juggle is fucked, but outside of that he can be dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom