• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Let me make it easier for people if you want to take a stab at it.

This is one character:

*Someone red. A red muther fucker to be precise.

*There is a certain GAF-created meme that will help you solve this riddle and find the character.

*Is related to a particular Mighty Max - Magnificent 7 Finale episode.

*The character has been in a dubious one night stand relationship. It can be described as strange bedfellows, "very nasty if you are into that sort of thing NSFW" and related to a doujin game.

*The character in question might be from "left field" and you may have to think outside the box.

*It is NOT related to the Car hint.

*It is unknown whether it is related to the Cable/virus/aids hint.

*It is apparently NOT Carnage despite ticking "yes" for all those hints.

So if you have a guess it HAS to fulfill the first 5 hints. Otherwise it's useless. And they have to better links than Carnage.

SmithnCo said:
You can combine by using blenders in DR1.
Oh, duh. *smacks forehead*

I meant you can't make that combination in the first Dead Rising. (Though I know you can't make that combination in DR2 either because there is no Chocolate Milk, but it's closer to the clue IMO.)

But I just really want Chuck instead of Frank, so I'll make any excuse.

I thought chibi had early comments where he/she implied they had no idea to his status.

Didn't you post that Sir Ilpalazzo? If not I apologize. I'ma going crazy from all this.

PolarBearsClub said:
I know it's not a meme, but neogaf had a mod named red scarlet.

Am I reaching here?
One of Red Scarlet's avatars was BBHood. BBHood wears red. I once read a doujin where BBHood had a dubious relationship with J.Talbain.

J.TALBAIN CONFIRMED

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Let me make it easier for people if you want to take a stab at it.

This is one character:

*Someone red. A red muther fucker to be precise.

*There is a certain GAF-created meme that will help you solve this riddle and find the character.

*Is related to a particular Mighty Max - Magnificent 7 Finale episode.

*The character has been in a dubious one night stand relationship. It can be described as strange bedfellows, "very nasty if you are into that sort of thing NSFW" and related to a doujin game.

*The character in question might be from "left field" and you may have to think outside the box.

*It is NOT related to the Car hint.

*It is unknown whether it is related to the Cable/virus/aids hint.

*It is apparently NOT Carnage despite ticking "yes" for all those hints.

So if you have a guess it HAS to fulfill the first 5 hints. Otherwise it's useless. And they have to better links than Carnage.
It is NOT related to Cable/Aids. Seriously, why the hell do people keep going back to that? Lupinko succinctly said, at the time, someone red was the only hint for that particular character, right around the same time he made the 7/8 hint list.

It is NOT related to Cable. It is NOT related to Jello or anything before it aside from a meme and possibly another subtle trinket of a tweet (which could be anything if you screw around with it enough). And yeah after carnage, I have no energy for this. I just hope its not another fiery character, we got enough fire-based moves thanks.

SmithnCo

If anything this "red" character sounds like it might be somewhat obscure, more off-the-wall MODOK inclusions are welcome by me.

Gunloc said:
Oh, duh. *smacks forehead*

I meant you can't make that combination in the first Dead Rising. (Though I know you can't make that combination in DR2 either because there is no Chocolate Milk, but it's closer to the clue.)

It's kinda weird, but the coffee creamer in DR1 has "chocolate milk" on the label. I assume he's referring to that. I don't think there is a similar thing in DR2, but I'd be fine with either Frank or Chuck. (But if Frank gets in I hope he has a super with combo items or something, that would make for some cool moves, a Chuck moveset revolving around them would probably be awesome)

Dahbomb

enzo_gt said:
It is NOT related to Cable/Aids. Seriously, why the hell do people keep going back to that? Lupinko succinctly said, at the time, someone red was the only hint for that particular character, right around the same time he made the 7/8 hint list.

It is NOT related to Cable. It is NOT related to Jello or anything before it aside from a meme and possibly another subtle trinket of a tweet (which could be anything if you screw around with it enough). And yeah after carnage, I have no energy for this. I just hope its not another fiery character, we got enough fire-based moves thanks.
It most likely isn't but it isn't CONFIRMED to not be linked. That's why it's up in the air but I really think it's different from the red character. And I think it might be figured out already that's why Lupinko might not be hinting at that character anymore.

But the others I listed are all related to the red character. The hints have been piling up because we haven't solved it yet. Or maybe someone mentioned it (like Chibi said) and it hasn't been agreed upon.

DryEyeRelief said:
I can't believe Carnage isn't real.
Welcome to the club. People were theory crafting his move list and shit when Chibi dropped a bomb on the party. Oh well... I guess anti-90s/Carnage fans can rejoice.

If you look at the OP under both the Carnage section, the argument completely held up until Lupinko dropped newer hints about some doujinshi. Now it's looking more like a Capcom character like assessed before.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You guys are taking the Frank West hints too literally. Even Lupinko was unsure of the exact recipe when he tweeted it, because he tweeted "at least, I think" or something along the lines right after. It's safe to say one of the two DR characters will make it in, with an edge given to Frank West because he's been worked on and was presumably near completion before being cut.

enzo_gt said:
You guys are taking the Frank West hints too literally. Even Lupinko was unsure of the exact recipe when he tweeted it, because he tweeted "at least, I think" or something along the lines right after. It's safe to say one of the two DR characters will make it in, with an edge given to Frank West because he's been worked on and was presumably near completion before being cut.
But Frank is so ugly and douchey. ;_;

SmithnCo

Yeah, I don't mind which DR character get in , I'm just happy the series finally has a rep in this one.

(But for the record, Chuck with a Snowflake the Tiger super would be amazing)

Dahbomb

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
So do you think it's safe to say that that chocolate milk + orange juice tweet was the eighth hint that he forgot about?
Might be but I think most people think it's the "yellow fever" hint. It's just semantics at this point, those 2 characters haven't been de-confirmed or brought up again so I am calling them safe for now.

The focus is solving the red character riddle right now. I am pretty sure Lupinko is frustrated as hell right now.

enzo_gt said:
People are just rattled (rightfully so) after the Carnage de-confirm. They are reviewing all the facts/hints to make sure we didn't mess up before. I did that myself too but it seems both Lupinko/Chibi are kind in the fact that they will hint at something if we "locked" something that isn't a lock. That's why the red flag was waved on Carnage (no pun intended).

SmithnCo

Dahbomb said:
The focus is solving the red character riddle right now. I am pretty sure Lupinko is frustrated as hell right now.

If he is, he only need to bring forth another clue for the ignorant masses.

DO IT.

Dahbomb

SmithnCo said:
If he is, he only need to bring forth another clue for the ignorant masses.

DO IT.
He just did, the doujinshi/donjon one. We are just so off base right now that we don't know what to think at this point. It's probably staring us in the face but... eh.

Also this is relevant here - Capcom's schedule at SDCC

6:00 PM July 20th... that's when you should get your body ready.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
He just did, the doujinshi/donjon one. We are just so off base right now that we don't know what to think at this point. It's probably staring us in the face but... eh.
Yeah sign me up as another rattled person who doesn't know what to make of what anymore.

I'm done with this for the night.

Carnage is disconfirmed? Oh come ON, you've got to be kidding. :|

Donjon Engine is the name for a (former) dedicated Arcana Hearts forum. I have no idea how it connects, though, maybe it's supposed to hint at BB Hood since she's a loli?
Which also would lead to the "it's nasty unless you are into it" thingie with liking little girls and having them as your befellows.
Mighty Max wears a red hat, which BB Hood does too.

I'm kinda miffed at this whole shit, though. It's getting tiring. Carnage was such a brilliant detective work, yet it's wrong? =/

Hell, I'm totally for riddles, but if Chibi's statement is true, I think I won't participate in the guessing game anymore. We had such a solid case going on and apparently got it all wrong, yet again.
This is too convoluted, even if lupinko drops other hints and shit.

Also, I hope lupinko resolves the riddles afterwards.

MGrant

My theory: it's Juggernaut. He's red, the vulgarity thing just seems to fit perfectly, and it would make sense considering that any quotes from The Juggernaut Bitch Lupinko could have posted are both really nsfw, and make it really obvious as to who he's talking about. Also consider that the Juggernaut makes multiple references to rape in said video, which would be a one-time relationship of a dubious nature (to say the least).

ShadowNinja64

Neo Member
Juggernaut also fits the one night stand aspect thanks to his fling with some alternate universe She Hulk (I'm sure you've probably all seen that particular comic panel by now).

Where does Mighty Max fit into that?

Nowhere.

Issue with that.

So I am stuck as well.

Unless it is Scarlet Witch all along,

Thinking it is a Capcom female.

tribal24

Banned
my theory its Azazel

406px-Azazel442.jpg

has a doujin based game named off him searching google

i believe the mighty max epsiode was talking about dimensions

he is red

not to sure about the other clues, i would definatly say its thinking outside the box unless he been deconfirmed

If it's Azazel I'm gonna be pissed. Carnage, I could eventually settle with if he has a cool playstyle. But Azazel would be such a pisspoor decision, he's a shitty character and has about the same qualities as the dog turd you stepped in while walking and didn't realize until coming home and noticing the horrid smell.
And he has the same popularity of this event, too.

MrMephistoX

Hmm no Carnage? If it's not Juggernaut...Cyclops sees red as in red glasses, red optic blasts, and he likes red heads. He's also a motherfucker of both Jean Grey and her clone Madelyn Pryor in both the literal and figurative senses having fathered several kids with said red heads only to abandon them ;)

Man screw these hints, just give me Blade with a Karas-esqe moveset, Captain Commando, Spectator mode and 3v3 crossover battles. Then you can have all the jehri curl time traveling symbiote demons GAF wants. But really, I loves the hype. Anyone mentioned Forge (or is he dead)? He's a mechanic (sort of) and didn't he help develop the time portal Bishop used to go back in time?

Dartastic

Naked Prime said:
Man screw these hints, just give me Blade with a Karas-esqe moveset, Captain Commando, Spectator mode and 3v3 crossover battles. Then you can have all the jehri curl time traveling symbiote demons GAF wants. But really, I loves the hype. Anyone mentioned Forge (or is he dead)? He's a mechanic (sort of) and didn't he help develop the time portal Bishop used to go back in time?
The main problem is it's not really hype anymore. It's borderline trolling.

Dahbomb

How does Azazel fit into a GAF meme? Real question.

Lupinko dropped a new hint... related to the GAF meme.
remember what gaf stands for gaf, that will aid you in your quest #datmeme

He is dropping hints like crazy... seems like he wants us to look at "NEOGAF BELIEVE". That meme goes WAY BACK if I recall.

GAMING AGE FORUM BELIEVE? I can't make a link here guys.

shaowebb

Dartastic said:
The main problem is it's not really hype anymore. It's borderline trolling.

THIS.

I feel for you Lupinko, but if you can't reveal anything specific without the internet exploding and your identity getting outed and thus a bunch of shit coming down on you ...well...I hate to say it, but it may be best to not try to circumvent that fact and accept it.

If you can't say anything then don't. These clues are making things WORSE not better. People are getting hyped for the wrong things and then having those dreams smashed. Regardless of whether or not your clues were meant to do this that all comes back on you in the end and the attention your getting without actually saying anything is just plain going to be seen as attention whoring even if your just trying to circumvent the rules for our sake.

By trying to give clues that keep accidentally going the wrong way your just raising hopes to have them dashed for the wrong things. Even if this is accidental your making people angry at both you and this game.

Maybe I read some things wrong and your not really in danger of having your identity outed by solid reveals. If so, just post a name on occasion or the list and be done with it so people don't hate every reveal we eventually do get on this game. If you are in danger and can't say anything...I think its time to take a bow before these goose chases make people eventually just hate everything that gets revealed for not being what they thought it would be from reading your clues wrong.

Sorry, man. I admire your efforts, but its time to stop playing games. People's hopes are getting messed with and its getting bad. Just put an end to it already.

Thanks for trying though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
NightmareTrigger said:
lupinko Lance Lingos
If you believe you are well versed in fighting games, you should know what donjon means

lupinko Lance Lingos
yes those are related #datmarvel, and I am clearly helping when I shouldn't really =P also #jemformvc3

It made me think of Saki.

Jubilee x Saki from MVC1

SmithnCo

"actually if the gaf meme can be figured out, then the midnight at the oasis wouldn't be required, #datmarvel"

I have no idea at this point.

Dahbomb

Lupinko dropping hints like crazy on Twitter.
remember everything tweet usually has a purpose #datmarvel #jemformvc3 there was another hint to the red other than the gaf meme

surprised gaf does not recognize the meme considering it is used all the time on gaf to this day #datmarvel #neogafbelieve
remember what gaf stands for gaf, that will aid you in your quest #datmeme

there is overlap with the donjon due to another world involved #datmarvel
like me hinting at the unspeakableness, the gaf meme was also posted, you also get bonus points for the other bonus stealth hint #datmarvel

Neki

Dirtbag said:
I've also reached my limit. I'm tired of this guessing game stuff now
I'm surprised it took this long. I don't even know how I'm supposed to confirm if lupinko is even right when we do find out what's in Super MvC3, all we have are vague twitter posts that could mean anything, loool.
"yeah, that one twitter post totally meant that, comon you guys, you should have seen
it!"

lupinko is gonna lupinko though, as long as you guys are having fun with this wild goose chase, who am I to judge.

Dahbomb

Ultimoo said:
I'm surprised it took this long. I don't even know how I'm supposed to confirm if lupinko is even right when we do find out what's in Super MvC3, all we have are vague twitter posts that could mean anything, loool.
"yeah, that one twitter post totally meant that, comon you guys, you should have seen
it!"

lupinko is gonna lupinko though, as long as you guys are having fun with this wild goose chase, who am I to judge.
It was fun when we were figuring shit out. Now we have hit rock bottom. :(

I am really tempted to just make a "List as many GAF memes as you know" thread. I don't hang around in that many threads at GAF to know some of the more common memes here.

I've been lurking for a few days now, trying to wrap my head around all the hints we've been given. I've honestly given up, now I just wait patiently for Comic Con. At this point my expectations are pretty in check as far as who I hope is in the game.

Dahbomb

Regarding the new hints, this is the best post I have seen trying to rationalize it:

If donjon is his way of saying doujin, it just means that the one night stand thing isn't canon. Which means a lot of speculation in this thread is very very deadend. It means whatever the nsfw thing is from some popular meme, or unofficial fanmade crossover/fanfic etc. Tony Starks House of Ribs territory.
I agree on the fact that the "one night stand" isn't anything canon or official... more like fanmade/fanfic or something exclusively in a doujin game or otherwise. And that particular NSFW thing is probably portrayed in a GAF meme, something that relates to the NeoGAF Believe itself. Then of course there is the issue of universe crossover which is complicating matters even further.

Unless I get an indication that it's either from Marvel or Capcom side or that it's a male or female... I can't tackle this. Too broad of a territory to cover. He also infers that he dropped the GAF meme hint in one of his tweets most likely the "Midnight Oasis" one. The GAF meme might be in the lyrics of the song but I can't find it so I am stumped.

Going to sleep maybe someone way smarter than me can figure this out. This has been a rough day for Marvel-GAF. :(

Beth Cyra

Damn, I just got back for the day and had hoped we would have someone confirmed after all the Carnage stuff earlier only to find out Carnage was disconfirmed haha.

Not only that but it seems like others are rattled about Stryder, Frank and Jubbs now to. Well I can't say I have been really trying to figure things out, honestly just been reading people's thoughts and even I'm done doing that.

Not hating on the tweets or people who still want to figure it out, but this kinda thing just isn't for me. I was one of the people who just wanted a list like MvC 3 and the leaks for the other games.

Well to all those who stick with it, good luck and keep on keeping on.

So far here are the capcom characters who are red who have appeared in a crossover outside of this one

Saki
Roll
B.B. Hood
Bison
Red Arreemer
Zero
MMX Zero
Ken
Violent Ken
Roll Caskett(legends roll)
Tessa
Karin
Guy
Kyoko Minazuki
Astorath

Now to search these guys endings for said deed if a Capcom char.

Hmmmm. I wonder if that dubious relationship is related to Wanda shacking it up with Doctor Doom recently (That would make for an awkward "Assist Me" episode, if it's true)

As well. I don't get that Jubilee hint. I think it looks more like Psylocke.

She was a popular character in the 90's, appearing widely in the comics, TV show and most importantly, the Capcom videogames. X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse on the SNES, COTA and MSH in the arcades.

Now, I twigged this when Lupinko said he knew his comics. Psylocke was Betsy Braddock, a British model born with Mutant powers. Like most comic book characters, she was eventually killed, however, when she was resurrected, her soul was put in the body of a Japanese woman. The widely held theory among comic fans for this entirely random change? Her creator, Chris Claremont, had a thing for Asians, hence the Yellow fever

In the tweet about Jubilee's voice actress included Catherine Disher. VA of Jill Valentine, but more related to this, voiced Psylocke in the animated series and Capcom games.

Song lyrics? Misdirection. It's been glaring at us the entire time and it's so obvious when you look at it which is why Lupinko said "No more freebies". Why would Capcom drag in a minor character (And one in a temporary state at that. Vampire Jubilee? Seriously?) over one who has history with the franchise, was one of the characters that was popular as an assist and could also hold their own if needed in MvC2 and is also quite popular in Japan on top of that.

But then theories, speculation, spoon of mortons at the hand, etc.

Toski

At this point us people might as well wait the damn week and give up at this point. The only guarantees at this point is Strider, Phoenix Wright, and a Dead Rising main. I would say Jubilee isn't free at this time as it could be Psylocke hes hinting at as well.

We know one more X-Men character will make it, as well as a Spidey villain (or a damn good explanation to why they didn't put one in), and some other characters. I think we can wait one week for the announcement and all the heartbreak it will bring.

On the bright side at least there's no more DHC glitch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Woke up.

What if the GAF meme is Germany, Australia or Florida?

EDIT: he said the GAF meme was posted. Hmmm, which one could it be? I posted like 6 back pages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom