• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought up the Red Arremer argument long before but Karst said that he doesn't have a horn but I was like yeah he does look at his pointy head. -_- Although now that I looked at Firebrand he actually DOES have horns so it definitely fits more so.
Yup. I totally confess to being a naysayer proven wrong on this one. And gladly so, since Firebrand is in my top 5 Capcom characters I want in this game.

Sadly sadly so.
<3 Firebrand, you be nice. Your unwanted character might get in too, and I'll be happy for you on that day.

Karsticles said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRBuTw9L1A#t=12m52s
Alright, so let's lay out the argument for Bison:
1) Mighty Max has the M on his head; "M" Bison.
2) Lots of red.
3) The above episode is called "strange bedfellows".
4) Lupinko reminded us that the tweets could apply to Capcom during a time when we were only considered Marvel character (oh, and Red Arremer - lolz).
5) Definitely "horny"; I'm sure he doesn't just have these girls around for assassinations:
http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dolls

Anything else?
Why is Black Chun Li letting Blanka use the computer?

Kimosabae

Banned
Okay, two things just happened with that PSA:

1. It made me not cringe at James Chen.

2. It made me enjoy a Maximillian video.

To clarify in the face of pitchforks and torches: I like James a lot. I just think he's corny. He did a great job selling his role, or at least, much better a job than I anticipated. I don't know who deserves more credit: him or Max. I genuinely did not think Chen had the confidence to accomplish even a modicum of tolerable acting.

As for Max's vids: Despite my appreciation of his videos, his style of humor has never been my cup of coffee, so I'd cringe watching his vids just as much. I genuinely enjoyed this. Very clever and nuanced with it's touches (Deadpool: lawl).

Good shit, Max. Gonna start watching your vids again.

Dahbomb

Maximo: Ghost to Glory... I can buy that. It's the best link we have between the Max video and Red Arremer. It's at least as good as the Maximum Carnage link.

Now we just need to figure out the GAF meme and we have ourselves a LOCK.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Kimosabae said:
Okay, two things just happened with that PSA:

1. It made me not cringe at James Chen.

2. It made me enjoy a Maximillian video.

To clarify in the face of pitchforks and torches: I like James a lot. I just think he's corny. He did a great job selling his role, or at least, much better a job than I anticipated. I don't know who deserves more credit: him or Max. I genuinely did not think Chen had the confidence to accomplish even a modicum of tolerable acting.

As for Max's vids: Despite my appreciation of his videos, his style of humor has never been my cup of coffee, so I'd cringe watching his vids just as much. I genuinely enjoyed this. Very clever and nuanced with it's touches (Deadpool: lawl).

Good shit, Max. Gonna start watching your vids again.

Hey! Thanks.

I know this is a bit off topic, ( would visit SKR but its blocked here)

How do you guys pull off shoryu motions?

I have a team of X-23, Trish, and Zero... and I don't use Shoryu motions to much, but have gotten to a 4th Lord. Game is really changing up and I had a 70% win rate now thats 67% from the losing.

I decided to practice shoryu's as there are a lot of things I can use with Zero and Trish using them outside of hypers. I usually do not have a problem doing Shoryu hypers... I had been pressing ( without letting the Xbox 360 pad go ) Forward, Down, Forward, Down. I dragged the pad and most of the time the hyper would come out. (Gemu Zero, X Prime etc...)

But trying to do them alone (outside of hyper combos) without doing a crouching heavy or a hadoken motion has been a hassle.

I had trouble doing X-23 OTG into Rage Trigger in the past because after the OTG, I held forward and I kept doing prime.... I noticed this was fucking up my shoryu motions in general.

So now I press Forward (lets go of pad) Down then Down Right. And so far so good... Im slow but it comes out 100% of the time. You guys have any advice?

Dahbomb

Karsticles said:
Does anyone have a link to that disgusting wolverine/blood/licking gif? My wife wants to see it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/fm3lgx.gif

I think that's the one. Yeah it's fucking disgusting and hilarious at the same time.

SnakeSlashRO said:
Try doing Forward, then Quarter Circle forward. If you are comfortable doing QCF's then you should be able to do Shoryu's with this method.

If you want more MVC3 related health, visit the main thread in the Community forums. Lucky for you, your team doesn't have many Shoryu related motions to use anyway aside from Zero in the air taser attacks and of course the LVL3's and X-23's Weapon X Prime.

Neki

SnakeSlashRO said:
I know this is a bit off topic, ( would visit SKR but its blocked here)

How do you guys pull off shoryu motions?

I have a team of X-23, Trish, and Zero... and I don't use Shoryu motions to much, but have gotten to a 4th Lord. Game is really changing up and I had a 70% win rate now thats 67% from the losing.

I decided to practice shoryu's as there are a lot of things I can use with Zero and Trish using them outside of hypers. I usually do not have a problem doing Shoryu hypers... I had been pressing ( without letting the Xbox 360 pad go ) Forward, Down, Forward, Down. I dragged the pad and most of the time the hyper would come out. (Gemu Zero, X Prime etc...)

But trying to do them alone (outside of hyper combos) without doing a crouching heavy or a hadoken motion has been a hassle.

I had trouble doing X-23 OTG into Rage Trigger in the past because after the OTG, I held forward and I kept doing prime.... I noticed this was fucking up my shoryu motions in general.

So now I press Forward (lets go of pad) Down then Down Right. And so far so good... Im slow but it comes out 100% of the time. You guys have any advice?

you can go forward, down forward, down, down forward and I'm pretty sure the shoryuken will come out. not sure if you need a forward at the end though.

Mit-

SnakeSlashRO said:
This is pretty much what you should be doing. You can actually do forward, and then quarter-circle-forward, and it will be a shoryu (which makes me mad and makes some Missions hard to complete in the game).

So long as you hit forward, flail around on the pad, and end on down-forward, you'll be alright.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
It's hilarious how disgusting it is. Sort of like Sakura's mysterious elbow that looks like a vagina.
Oh my god, to this day I cannot unsee this.

And so we still don't know the meme link for sure or what?

Stoked to watch the new max vid when I get home.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
Damn that shit was fast! lol...

Yeah and Enzo I would start making a Red Arremer/Firebrand write up if I were you... maybe until then we can figure out the GAF meme.
Can't, I'm still at work. I will as soon as I can though.

Dahbomb

12 Donuts seems very likely it's either 12 characters or December release. Both of these are listed in the rumor. And yes indeed the 12 number is 12 new, meaning 50 total.

Phoenix Wright hinted again... Cable and Cyclops? Megaman? Seem like random guesses but there could be something behind it... who knows with all these leakers running around.

I see 12 donuts refers to 12 characters then. No way this releases same calendar year as vanilla, despite Capcom's release schedule being somewhat sparse.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Dahbomb said:
This thread is no longer about what characters will be in SMVC3...

For those that care, this is the CURRENT working theory of characters in SMVC3:
1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Frank West/Chuck Greene
4) Jubilee
5) Red Arremer/Firebrand
6) Dr Strange

Carnage DE-CONFIRMED!

RUMOR hits a Site: Ultimate MVC3? 12 new characters?

Shit just got real?

can you copy and paste the rumors? it's not working for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
This thread is no longer about what characters will be in SMVC3...

For those that care, this is the CURRENT working theory of characters in SMVC3:
1) Strider Hiryu
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Frank West/Chuck Greene
4) Jubilee
5) Red Arremer/Firebrand
6) Dr Strange

Carnage DE-CONFIRMED!

RUMOR hits a Site: Ultimate MVC3? 12 new characters?

Shit just got real?
If they call it Ultimate MvC3 like I've been pushing for, Game Of Eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom