• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PlayStation Vita In 2011-2012

Amir0x

Banned
giancarlo123x said:
I think it is very portable, its barely any bigger than the PSP. http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd37/thirty5tech/PSVita-and-PSP-2000.jpg

I didn't think the PSP was particularly portable either, but this comparison does surprise me.. I was under the impression it was a little bit more larger than the PSP than that. Either way, the main problem is the price. Being so big is the secondary.

I don't care though, I'm getting it because it's by far the best portable gaming system from a design standpoint and I want to reward Sony for being so forward once again. I just hope the rest of the world does the same so the industry will actually support the Vita outside of its first year. Would be a damned tragedy if it failed at this point considering how much right Sony is doing with it.

It's too bad I just don't have faith in the gaming public to make Vita a success. Damned $249.99... damn 3DS undercutting to $169.99. :(

Amir0x said:
I didn't think the PSP was particularly portable either, but this comparison does surprise me.. I was under the impression it was a little bit more larger than the PSP than that. Either way, the main problem is the price. Being so big is the secondary.

I don't care though, I'm getting it because it's by far the best portable gaming system from a design standpoint and I want to reward Sony for being so forward once again. I just hope the rest of the world does the same so the industry will actually support the Vita outside of its first year. Would be a damned tragedy if it failed at this point considering how much right Sony is doing with it.

It's too bad I just don't have faith in the gaming public to make Vita a success. Damned $249.99... damn 3DS undercutting to $169.99. :(

Then the marketing people from the PS2 days seems to have left as well..

Amir0x

Banned
Infinite Justice said:
Then the marketing people from the PS2 days seems to have left as well..

U R NOT E

That was the shit back in the PSOne days.

PS2's marketing was good, but I just can't believe how the marketing fell off a cliff on PSP/PS3. They absolutely cannot afford to have another generation of marketing as sub-par as their PSP marketing. What the fuck what they THINKING with their PSP marketing? The scary baby was bad enough, but I think the ghetto squirrel commercials and the Marcus crap were just offensively, outrageously awful. No way they could have hired a marketing firm that thought that was good. They got scammed.

dock

I'd be interested to see a list of games which aren't ports.

With my PSP I've always felt that I'd prefer to play its games on a console, and I'm getting the exact same feeling here. I appreciate the convenience for people that play a lot of portable games (I love DS RPGs after all...), but I generally look out for games that would be designed around the idea of drop-in/drop-out, or just some concession to the platform.

Kyoufu

Amir0x said:

3DS doesn't have a very good public perception right now. Vita could compete. Maybe not take the lead but at least not die a horrible death in the west like PSP did.

It is also muuuuuuuuch harder to hate on the Vita than it was to hate on PSP/PS3. PSP had gimped controls, disc media format, etc. PS3 was $599 when it wasn't even any better than a 360. Put a 3DS beside Vita and the 3DS just looks weak in comparison.

But of course, in the end... Pokemon wins.

Lots of good looking games that's for sure, but the only ones i want to play/buy a system for are Wipeout and Rayman right now. The fighters are nice to see but i could never buy them over being able to play with a joystick.
I'm even wondering (as a longtime fan) how much i'll like Wipeout though; visually it's awesome and the near features could be cool, but the track design we've seen so far is so pedestrian - mostly straights with few challenging sections (though they have supposed 'skill-cuts')
Compare http://uk.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/video.html?sid=6334770 with anything from the past games http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teRLXBPqHW4.
It's all about the scenery to them now; like it's a big deal that you can drive up the side of a building - forgetting the fact that in essence it's just a boring straight line.

Laguna

Banned
dock said:

With my PSP I've always felt that I'd prefer to play its games on a console, and I'm getting the exact same feeling here. I appreciate the convenience for people that play a lot of portable games (I love DS RPGs after all...), but I generally look out for games that would be designed around the idea of drop-in/drop-out, or just some concession to the platform.

I see it the same way. I´m not against ports in general but I really prefer the console ones and when I already plan on buying the console version or even already own the original I´ll just stick to that one. There have been some exception like SF3Alpha for PSP that I rebought because I really love this game but more often than not I end up not rebuying a game and in the end I really wan´t new experiences instead of rehashes.

Omiee

yeah im importing this, iv been reading this and the ui thread and i cant wait for march or what ever its going to be in eu, i need this thing this year.

StuBurns

Banned
Amir0x said:
Regards to Bioshock, I am really wondering what went on behind the scenes with that deal. But I am somehow suspicious that it'll ever come to existence. I think it'll be another Oblivion situation. Maybe Ken Levine and Irrational Games would be waiting to see how Vita does before they decide to really put the effort toward a Bioshock portable, but if it does exist and it's actually by them... I don't know how I could resist. The "portable revolution" would be merely playing an authentic audio/visual Bioshock experience on the go. Can you imagine a game that looks as amazing as Bioshock Infinite on the screen of your tiny VITA? Good lord... I might have eyegasms right there in public.
Despite the name itself, I get the impression from Levine's comments that the game itself has little to do with the BioShock games so far, mechanically at least. Sony have been pushing publishers to make portable spin offs for their IPs, encouraging the reuse of PS360 assets. PSV is kind of a double edged sword in that regard, being able to approximate the look of PS360 games means it's also approximating those obscene budgets for games of a similar scope. I imagine this game is BioShock in name and look more than anything, but I'm excited to hopefully see it regardless.
Amir0x said:
I'm not sure what Broken even is. I even tried looking it up and I can't seem to pin it down. What was the details of its gameplay?
I don't really know much about it, the video showed a mundane looking house, and the player investigates the room looking for clues, you can dust for prints and make copies of them with adhesive tape etc.
Amir0x said:
Re: Extreme Escape Adventures - Why would one even try to argue to get it on 3DS? It's not even a system wars thing. Let's say you definitely decided to get it, the one for Vita is bound to look better and play better, so you might as well stick to that. It's just the way the hardware is. One is significantly better designed.
It's a fair point certainly, I know I often see posts along the lines of "well, I had the last one on PS2" as justifications for choosing between versions, keeping a single franchise on a platformer holders system or something.
Amir0x said:
Final Fantasy X has always been a bottom tier FF for me personally. The second time I played through it I found I gathered a bit more of an appreciation for its battle system, but its woefully easy to break the balance, and when you combine it with the fact it was the first portent of doom for the FF series vis-à-vis extreme corridor linearity, it's hard for me not to look down on it. It also introduced voice acting, which in FFX's case was a disaster. So many poorly acted scenes, at least in English. The story itself was bad enough without having to suffer the voice acting. At least you could turn that off though. Still, I might get it. I reaaaally want to encourage Squeenix to bring me that FFXII HD International. I'd feel dirty about it, but I'd do it!
I certainly agree FFX did a lot that ultimately hurt the series, but the game itself at the time I loved. It was completely linear, but it didn't feel as crippling as it did in FFXIII, there were still 'adventure' aspects to the towns. It felt like an interesting approach for a one off, I just wished it'd have stopped there. I liked FFX-2, but X was the last FF I really enjoyed, and it's been long enough for me that it'll feel fresh I think.
Amir0x said:
As far as Gravity Rush, I don't personally feel it's all that pretty, particularly from a technical point of view. I think it looks really fun to play, and when you factor in the pedigree of the developer, I think there's a fairly good reason to be optimistic. There is a grand sort of approach to the concept with the character whipping and whirring past upside down cities and chunks of planet, and the only thing I'm particularly concerned about is the 'combat' which seems just sort of dull at the moment. I don't know if it'll be AAA (because launch window titles so often suffer from being rushed), but I think there is certainly plenty of reasons to think it looks compelling other than its middling visuals.
I meant more art direction than anything, and the animation is incredible. There's something about the ability to fly, and being weightless that seems so liberating and attractive. There have been games where you've been able to fly, and float before, but I don't think anyone has done it really well, I hope this is the one to do it. Even if the game is actually a shallow gameplay experience, if they nail that floating sensation, I'll be satisfied.
Amir0x said:
Also mind blown @ LittleBigPlanet being made by the City of Metronome people. I remember seeing that and thinking it looked compelling. Kinda makes you wish Sony would have funded THAT to be their Vita game instead of LBP :p
I still hold out hope they will, that's one of the other reasons I want it. Although maybe that actually is for the worst, it could encourage Sony to bankroll Metronome, or just another LBP PSV.
Amir0x said:
Just imagine how insane Lumines: Electric Symphony is going to be on that OLED screen. The audiovisual experience is prooooobably going to give me Ecstasy flashbacks or some shit.
It's going to be spectacular. As a puzzle game Lumines for PSP is very well designed, but it's no Tetris/Puzzle League, but in execution, I think it's the best puzzle game I've ever played. Despite being a no brainer announcement, and I never doubted it'd happen, I was surprisingly excited over the announcement.
Amir0x said:
Can you elaborate a bit more on Malicious? It looks ok but I'm not sure I should get excited about it yet.
The combat just reminds me of Kingdom Hearts but with art I like, that's kind of enough for me. I don't think it's something people should be getting all that excited about, and they aren't, but I think it'll be fun. Presumably it's PSN only for cheaper than a cart game.
Amir0x said:
Totally agree about Rayman Origins. At this point I think I'm getting the 360 and Vita versions of Rayman, unless I find out I can transfer the cloud save from PS3 version to Vita version, in which case I will do it that way. First time I can think of I where I will probably purchase multiple platform versions of something, except in the rare case back in the day when two "multiplatform" versions were essentially two different games (as was the case with some old handheld 'ports' of console games back before handhelds could emulate consoles with any veracity).
Funny timing, Mirror's Edge is the only game I own on two platforms I think, and I just bought it on PC yesterday. I'm not planning to buy Rayman on a console too. While that post I made did make it seem like I only care for it's prettiness, that's not really the case, I loved Rayman 1. However, I don't know if this is 60fps on PSV, and if it's not, I'll get it on a console.
Amir0x said:
By EEE, you mean Every Extend Extra? Fucking love that game. Not sure Sound Shapes reminds me of it, but still... if it was anything like that, I'd cum.
That was just poor wording on my behalf, Everyday Shooter reminds me of EEE with it's chaining of explosive enemies. SS doesn't remind me of it, or of anything actually, which is exciting in of itself. I've never been interested in building levels and stuff in games, the tools are always horrible, the touch screen will do so much to empower users in creation. Between SS and LBP, I do imagine myself trying to create stuff for fun, hopefully.
Amir0x said:
What didn't you like about the Persona games?
P3 just lacked a sense of progression from revisiting the same locations for me. SMT3N is one of my favourite RPGs. P3 does have that cyclical design that I really love, it gives a single play session great pacing, it's really genius design in that way. P4 I liked a lot more, I just got side tracked and meant to get back to it, then my PS3 died and I lost the save, and I haven't brought myself to starting new, but now this new one is coming I'll wait.
Amir0x said:
And as for Uncharted, you seem even less enthusiastic than I am. Like way less. I thought the first Uncharted was just decent... but I certainly felt the second game was pretty good example of what I call "spectacle gaming", which is just like a series of carnival events where every scene is trying to one up the spectacle that came before. There is merit in this if you're a graphics whore. As for the gameplay, I've always come down in two places. One, I genuinely do think the gunplay feels right. It's satisfying to shoot enemies and in multiplayer specifically, the "ching" sound effect when you take someone out makes me absolutely salivate from joy. However, there is no multiplayer online component of Golden Abyss so that makes it worthless. But the second thing is that the platforming is garbage. The automated platforming in titles like Uncharted and Enslaved NEEDS TO END. It's not fun, developers. If you want to just rope me in and hold my hand why don't you just do the scene in a cutscene because you clearly don't trust me enough to play.

In the end, Uncharted is good enough for me to buy because of its visual prowess and because of its gunplay, but it'll never achieve true greatness until it drops the cock holding platforming.
I'm not saying Uncharted isn't very good, if someone asked me to score it, I'd score it highly, it's very well made, and it's fun etc. It ticks lots of boxes that are generally seen as signs of an excellent game. I just don't care about it. It's funny that the cornball pulp in video games is lauded, and it's trashed in film. I'm not specifically bagging on Uncharted though, I don't care about Gears either, or CoD. They were all fun my first time around, and Uncharted 2 at least added stealth which was a significant fundamental shift in the gameplay (an optional one though), but I'm seeing nothing in Uncharted 3, or the PSV one, that shows advancement in design. In fact, the PSV one shows clear regression. Motion sense balance beams? Seriously? After we already went thru it and everyone agreed it was moronic? Horrific design decision.

Man

StuBurns said:
Despite the name itself, I get the impression from Levine's comments that the game itself has little to do with the BioShock games so far, mechanically at least...I imagine this game is BioShock in name and look more than anything, but I'm excited to hopefully see it regardless.
He also spoke about the recently announced Bioshock project for PlayStation Vita handheld, and said he had no interest in making it a more casual style of game.

"That's not the kind of game I'm going to make. It is a core game," said Levine.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29264318&postcount=63

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
StuBurns said:
I'm not saying Uncharted isn't very good, if someone asked me to score it, I'd score it highly, it's very well made, and it's fun etc. It ticks lots of boxes that are generally seen as signs of an excellent game. I just don't care about it. It's funny that the cornball pulp in video games is lauded, and it's trashed in film. I'm not specifically bagging on Uncharted though, I don't care about Gears either, or CoD. They were all fun my first time around, and Uncharted 2 at least added stealth while was a significant fundamental shift in the gameplay (an optional one though), but I'm seeing nothing in Uncharted 3, or the PSV one, that shows advancement in design. In fact, the PSV one shows clear regression. Motion sense balance beams? Seriously? After we already went thru it and everyone agreed it was moronic? Horrific design decision.
Yeah, same. I guess, it's due to the lack of originality in some of these titles that make them less appealing to me. I am definitely going to buy Uncharted 3 and the Vita one though. It's well made with high production values and all that jazz, which in a way overrides some of the weakness it has.

gembel

custom soundtrack :) play your music in background while playing games
19b9c2fa.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Man said:
Okay, just so we are on the same page. :)
This is kind of what I alluded to earlier with it being the most frustrating announcement. We really have very little to go on in regards to what that game is. Which BioShock is it going to look like, if either of them? What about PSV means Levine can finally make this game idea he's had for years, rear touch, can that really be it? How far out is this game?

As cool as it is to know it's (possibly) coming, it's frustrating to know practically nothing about it.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Good find gembel. Custom soundtracks are always welcome in my book.
Will it be universal or game specific?

StuBurns

Banned
Despite all the rumors about patents and EA blocking things, the only reason the PS3 doesn't have system wide custom soundtracks and cross game chat is the memory footprint. The OS was initially bloated, they've done an excellent job at improving it while adding features, but anything post launch is a hack job effort. PSV and PS4 will have a lot more memory dedicated to those user experience elements.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
klee123 said:
I guess we'll have to wait till the PS4 arrives before we can get cross game chat and custom soundtracks lol.
Hey, we've gone 5 years without it, what's several more?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
klee123 said:
I guess we'll have to wait till the PS4 arrives before we can get cross game chat and custom soundtracks lol.

I'm under the impression both are supported by Vita?

The JPN Vita homepage says you can use the Music app to play music while playing games.

Party is also cross-game party chat.

The devil is often in the details, but it sounds like Vita allows for both these things.

edit - also, on Bioshock for Vita - I'm going to put my money on a return to Rapture.

Gravijah

gofreak said:

The JPN Vita homepage says you can use the Music app to play music while playing games.

The devil is often in the details, but it sounds like Vita allows for both these things.

I think he's talking about the PS3.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
gofreak said:

Pretty sure he's speaking in regards to PS3 lacking those specific features.

derp, MAN'D and GRAVIJAH'D.

Amir0x

Banned
StuBurns said:
Despite the name itself, I get the impression from Levine's comments that the game itself has little to do with the BioShock games so far, mechanically at least. Sony have been pushing publishers to make portable spin offs for their IPs, encouraging the reuse of PS360 assets. PSV is kind of a double edged sword in that regard, being able to approximate the look of PS360 games means it's also approximating those obscene budgets for games of a similar scope. I imagine this game is BioShock in name and look more than anything, but I'm excited to hopefully see it regardless.

As far as we know, actually, the budgets won't be that far off from PSP games... this is what we've heard as far as budgets are concerned:

[url=http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3431116?start=0&tstart=0]WWS EU VP[/url] said:
Michael Denny, vice president of Sony Worldwide Studios Europe revealed new information regarding budget structures for NGP games.

"Without getting into pricing structures of the games themselves, let me look at the question in terms of that PS3 comparison," Denny explained, "I think the exciting thing about the NGP games is that in terms of performance they’re certainly closer to PS3 performance than PSP performance."

Denny continued, "But in terms of ease of development, and even budgets for games themselves, they’re closer to PSP development than PS3. So I think for developers and consumers alike it’s an exciting mix to develop for NGP."

Whatever the budget, I just want some Bioshock on the go. I'd swoon so damn hard.

StuBurns said:
I don't really know much about it, the video showed a mundane looking house, and the player investigates the room looking for clues, you can dust for prints and make copies of them with adhesive tape etc.

Ah... sort of like AR CSI or something. I could see the appeal in that I suppose, though it'd probably not be my type of game.

StuBurns said:
1. It's a fair point certainly, I know I often see posts along the lines of "well, I had the last one on PS2" as justifications for choosing between versions, keeping a single franchise on a platformer holders system or something.

2. I certainly agree FFX did a lot that ultimately hurt the series, but the game itself at the time I loved. It was completely linear, but it didn't feel as crippling as it did in FFXIII, there were still 'adventure' aspects to the towns. It felt like an interesting approach for a one off, I just wished it'd have stopped there. I liked FFX-2, but X was the last FF I really enjoyed, and it's been long enough for me that it'll feel fresh I think.

3. I meant more art direction than anything, and the animation is incredible. There's something about the ability to fly, and being weightless that seems so liberating and attractive. There have been games where you've been able to fly, and float before, but I don't think anyone has done it really well, I hope this is the one to do it. Even if the game is actually a shallow gameplay experience, if they nail that floating sensation, I'll be satisfied.

1. I've heard that before. I certainly don't get that sort of thing :p
2. True enough. Like I said, the first time I played FFX I really despised it, but the second time I played it I did find some new-found appreciation for the battle system and enjoyed myself somewhat. If I did buy it in the vain hope of FFXII HD for Vita support, I don't think I'd regret it. I just think it's a bottom tier FF due to all the negative things it introduced.
3. Yeah, I'm on the same page. It's wild to watch in videos, so I suspect it must at least be fun in some way. The developer pedigree is such that I think they'll nail it. My concern with these sorts of things is always launch window rush. Developers so often cripple their launch products because they feel the burning desire (understandably so) to capitalize on the rush of gamers who are there on day one. Here's hoping they take their time and delay as long as it takes to make the product great.

StuBurns said:
1. I still hold out hope they will, that's one of the other reasons I want it. Although maybe that actually is for the worst, it could encourage Sony to bankroll Metronome, or just another LBP PSV.

2. It's going to be spectacular. As a puzzle game Lumines for PSP is very well designed, but it's no Tetris/Puzzle League, but in execution, I think it's the best puzzle game I've ever played. Despite being a no brainer announcement, and I never doubted it'd happen, I was surprisingly excited over the announcement.

3. The combat just reminds me of Kingdom Hearts but with art I like, that's kind of enough for me. I don't think it's something people should be getting all that excited about, and they aren't, but I think it'll be fun. Presumably it's PSN only for cheaper than a cart game.

4. Funny timing, Mirror's Edge is the only game I own on two platforms I think, and I just bought it on PC yesterday. I'm not planning to buy Rayman on a console too. While that post I made did make it seem like I only care for it's prettiness, that's not really the case, I loved Rayman 1. However, I don't know if this is 60fps on PSV, and if it's not, I'll get it on a console.

1. Haha, I hope they don't start whoring LittleBigPlanet now. This seems to be more than enough LBP for now. City of Metronome looked sweet at the time, although looking at images now... it sort of oddly reminds me of like a slightly less refined Alice: Madness Returns from the Mad Hatter industrial factory part. Definitely is starting to fade out of technical impressiveness, but artistically they have it going. Hope they can spruce it up and one day get back to it.
2. I actually thought they were done with Lumines after the XBLA/PSN versions. Didn't seem like there was any actual reason for another one. So it was definitely a pleasant surprise for me.
3. Ah, I see. Yeah I guess that won't be on my list.
4. I own a few games incidentally on one or more platforms, just because for example I might have had a copy of something and now that I have a good PC I might have picked up the PC version in a steam sale or something. But I mean Rayman Origins may be the first time I actually purposefully purchase more than one copy across multiple platforms day and date of release. I love the entire Rayman series (not counting the Raving Rabbids tripe), but Origins just looks out of this world.

StuBurns said:
1. That was just poor wording on my behalf, Everyday Shooter reminds me of EEE with it's chaining of explosive enemies. SS doesn't remind me of it, or of anything actually, which is exciting in of itself. I've never been interested in building levels and stuff in games, the tools are always horrible, the touch screen will do so much to empower users in creation. Between SS and LBP, I do imagine myself trying to create stuff for fun, hopefully.

2. P3 just lacked a sense of progression from revisiting the same locations for me. SMT3N is one of my favourite RPGs. P3 does have that cyclical design that I really love, it gives a single play session great pacing, it's really genius design in that way. P4 I liked a lot more, I just got side tracked and meant to get back to it, then my PS3 died and I lost the save, and I haven't brought myself to starting new, but now this new one is coming I'll wait.

3. I'm not saying Uncharted isn't very good, if someone asked me to score it, I'd score it highly, it's very well made, and it's fun etc. It ticks lots of boxes that are generally seen as signs of an excellent game. I just don't care about it. It's funny that the cornball pulp in video games is lauded, and it's trashed in film. I'm not specifically bagging on Uncharted though, I don't care about Gears either, or CoD. They were all fun my first time around, and Uncharted 2 at least added stealth which was a significant fundamental shift in the gameplay (an optional one though), but I'm seeing nothing in Uncharted 3, or the PSV one, that shows advancement in design. In fact, the PSV one shows clear regression. Motion sense balance beams? Seriously? After we already went thru it and everyone agreed it was moronic? Horrific design decision.

1. I sort of agree with you most of the time. But I find I always want to build in games, I just don't have the time to really invest in any of the ones that are actually good. With LittleBigPlanet, certainly the tools are deep and really good but it takes a while to get good at it. I don't have enough time at home to do it, but maybe with the ability to take it with me I will. I didn't enjoy the PSP game, but the Vita one seems to make no sacrifices whatsoever. I think the first game that got me interested in building in-game was this old LEGO online cooperative game that was free for a long while. I forgot what it was called. Might have not even been officially LEGO licensed, Block Builder or something like that. Anyway, you were let loose with friends and you could stack blocks any way you like to create huge elaborate structures if you worked together. It was like a precursor to Minecraft, only literally without any purpose except to build. No enemies and only one type of tool: blocks.

2. Gotcha. To me, Persona is like Pokemon done right. The Persona raising and merging system is far richer and more rewarding as far as I'm concerned, and the associated combat system is infinitely more difficult and engaging. Add in random battles and loot hunting, and it's a match made in Amir0x heaven. Nocturne is of course one of the very best PS2 games, god I love that shit so much. Speaking of... I hope we get a new next-gen Shin Megami Tensei title soon now that their Catherine Test game released and was successful.

3. Still sounds like you're no fan of Uncharted at all but for some reason don't want to say it. Come on, be brutal! I love brutal! Here, I'll get you started with the fact that I encountered literally dozens of glitches in my game of Uncharted 2:

UnchartedGlitch01.jpg

UnchartedGlitch02.jpg

And BONUS: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood glitch... was walking around and just starting floating up into the sky like a bird. Ascending to heaven emulating our lord Jesus Christ:

EzioisJesusChristReincarnated.jpg

EzioGoestoMeethisMaker.jpg

EzioAscendstoHeaven.jpg

And BONUSx2 COMBO: Demon Ass Face

WolfGangAndDevil.jpg

Amir0x said:
PS2's marketing was good, but I just can't believe how the marketing fell off a cliff on PSP/PS3. They absolutely cannot afford to have another generation of marketing as sub-par as their PSP marketing. What the fuck what they THINKING with their PSP marketing? The scary baby was bad enough, but I think the ghetto squirrel commercials and the Marcus crap were just offensively, outrageously awful. No way they could have hired a marketing firm that thought that was good. They got scammed.

I think they just need to go simple for the Vita marketing. Explain what it is. Explain what it does. Explain why that's great. For the first 12 months -- when they're marketing towards gamers -- I really feel like that should be enough.

Amir0x

Banned
gembel said:
custom soundtrack :) play your music in background while playing games

fuck does Vita do anything wrong? Come on drop the price to $229.99 and fix the memory stick garbage Sony and you'll ascend to heaven upon a flaming steed of furry ecstasy

dock said:

Well, technically, games like Uncharted and Wipeout aren't ports. If you're talking about new IP, there's stuff like Gravity Daze, Alien Spidey, Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, Little Deviants, Dragon's Crown and Ruin.

Xiaoki

Squalltdx said:
There's no Tekken yet from Namco. A part of me was expecting to hear something about TTT2 or some version of it coming to the system at TGS. Hopefully we hear something about it during the coming months. Considering what they did on the PSP, it should be interesting to see what they can pump out on the Vita.
They'll probably announce a Vita version of Tekken Tag 2 when they announce the home versions. We dont even have the official announcement for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions yet and you were expecting a Vita announcement?

StuBurns said:
Gravity Rush
I actually think this is going to disappoint a lot of people. They hype is already reaching fever pitch on GAF because it's very pretty, and I'm sure it'll be fine, but in terms of gameplay I've actually not seen anything that really excites me.
Have we seen any gameplay beyond the first tutorial stage?
Im not really expecting any tutorial to be super exciting.

Amir0x

Banned
wabo said:
Offtopic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OVn56XsbOI

My experience with ACB...

/Offtopic

lol holy shit

Infinite Justice said:

The horse only appears when Vita becomes $229.99 and releases 32GB memory sticks for $39.99. It's a magical blue flame steed, whose fur is coated in the purest MDMA. This steed, once sat upon, will have the MDMA seep through the pores in your skin as it ascends to heaven, sending you writhing in fits of pure unadulterated pleasure, eyes rolling into the back of your head as you gasp desperately for air, world around you merging into your soul, forcing you to slowly fall back against the steeds rear end as you sit on its saddle squirming rhythmic waves of empathy and joy shifting through your body like the ocean crashing upon some foreign sea.

It's a simple concept. Don't know why you were so confused d00d.

Speaking of Party Chat, has it finally been confirmed how many will be in a party?

Initially it was 8 players than at E3 it was 4 players than I read somewhere around Gamescom time it was bumped up again to 8.
Anything out of TGS?

StuBurns

Banned
Amir0x said:
Still sounds like you're no fan of Uncharted at all but for some reason don't want to say it. Come on, be brutal! I love brutal!
I'm happy to be brutal, it's not as if I'm concerned SonyGAF is going to get the pitchforks out (every single game Insomniac has ever made is shit). I did like both Uncharteds, I just feel taxed by the franchise at this point. I'm sure if someone wanted to they could find some post indicating I'm still buying a franchise that in terms of releases to time, is abused more heavily (although I can't think of one that I care about right now). I think both Uncharted's are really solid games, and I would recommend them to people, but for whatever reason these actions game seem to outstay their welcome with me sooner.

Vanquish is twice the game both Uncharteds were combined, at a third of the length of either of them.

Laguna

Banned
Amir0x said:
fuck does Vita do anything wrong? Come on drop the price to $229.99 and fix the memory stick garbage Sony and you'll ascend to heaven upon a flaming steed of furry ecstasy

Even worse battery life than 3DS? Especially if you want to play online, use PSN or Near?

yurinka

dock said:

In this case you'll like the list in the OP.
You won't like 3DS game list because it has even less non console IPs, and a lot of the ports are N64 or PS2 games and (like PSP) and unlike Vita, 3DS doesn't have dual analog, proper on-line and current HD gen graphics.
gembel said:
universal
images

Fezan

Where are sequels to games which pushed me to buy a PSP??
locoroco and patapon ???
imagine locoroco with gyro and patapon with touch controls

Amir0x

Banned
Laguna said:
Even worse battery life than 3DS? Especially if you want to play online, use PSN or Near?

Even worse battery that 3DS? Seems that according to specs it's exactly the same bad battery as 3DS. 3-5 hours on both.

Top Bottom