• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hero GAF deserves: GAFman

Status
Not open for further replies.
If valve if the source of life (life=games), these two could still be the source of power right?
entities_by_estebanmn-d40yt0z.png

Flo

Both comics on this page look amazing, love how they have a totally different style.

Edit; ye, previous page..

Maddness

I really want to make a GAFMan game. I don't give a shit how "no one will get it other than GAF" it would be. It would be worth it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
PBalfredo said:
Great job on the comic, though I think Evil Publisher needs a punchier name.
The idea was to keep him anonymous, and with a cheesy curly mustachioed villain style name. Of course he could come back/reincarnate with a completely different name (and design) :)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Holy shit those comics are brilliant. lol. Both of you guys were great. I loved the different styles.

I had almost forgotten about this thread, but I checked my subscriptions.

I'd love to contribute some GAF-Man stuff in my spare time. I love seeing communities do stuff like this. I'd like to maybe tackle a 90's "X-TREME!!" version of GAF-Man. Maybe I'll do a 1 page strip this weekend and post it (unless I have OT this weekend; we're in crunch time)?

I'm still working on my webcomic, but I'm in the pre-planning stages, and I haven't moved on to art yet, but I've been itching to draw (but work is keeping me from it! BAH!!)! I miss drawing comics, though.

EDIT: Here's a quick sketch I did at work of "90's X-Treme!!" GAF-Man. Sorry for the quality, but I had to take the photo with my phone, since I didn't have a scanner handy. I tried to think of what it would look like if Rob Leifeld would draw it (hence, the covered up feet). And yeah, he has a little cape connected to his spiked shoulder guards. I would have drawn a gun in his metal arm had, but I forgot.

6059671588_60b7a16d87_z.jpg

6059671780_a508c41e7f_z.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Thanks guys! I think 90's Gaf-Man could use more pouches though...

I also like the idea of God Mode Gaf-Man being 90's Gaf-Man.

I had a busy weekend, so I didn't get to do a strip, but I'll see if I can squeeze a quick one into my work day today, as it looks to be kind of slow (hopefully!)

I love the idea of a variety of random comics in different styles and continuity. There's too much goodwill and talent for it to go to waste! It'll sort itself out in the end.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Not sure if anyone suggested this or something like it, but I think GAFman should have a Christmas comic against the villain...DLC Rape...
QHFy9.png

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Shanadeus said:
Very good!
Thanks! I did it quite in a hurry, so I didn't bother to color it. I'll probably add something in the background later, though.

leadbelly

Banned
Gaf Man: I have you cornered Milk Lady -- there is nowhere for you to escape!
Milk Lady: Oh, you think so?
*chucks "milk" at face*
Gaf Man: You sick motherfucker!
Gaf Man: I can't see! It's in my eyes!
*zip!*
Gaf Man: What are you doing Milk Lady?
Milk Lady: That's enough "milk" for today!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks for the appreciation, guys!

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
While there, GAF-Man should get in a battle with The Manager.
Magazine racks will be knocked down. It will be epic.

SouthernDragon said:
These short comics are amazing. A continuity can be established later, whatever yo.
Yep, no need to stop works just to enstablish a continuity and canon. The more short stories we can get, the better. Make more, GAF!

kage said:
You wish you had hair like Master Race.
http://i.imgur.com/Kj6Sf.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Masterful execution, kage.

KittenMaster said:
What "real names" are we agreeing on for the characters? I know one is Fransesca (sp?) Friendzone, but what about GAF Man and Master Race?

I came up with Gary Arman Fernando for GAFMan a few pages back.

And I think Rick Masterson is a good name for Master Race.

I was actually thinking of using "Mr. Race" in the context of this script I'm making (first name could be anything) because it reminds me of Race Bannon, who is awesome. I might not need to make a passing mention though.

I'm going with Gary for GAF Man though.

It just occurred to me that "Mister" is just a vowel away from "Master".

Dude, maybe there shouldn't be a first name. "Mr. Race" and "Master Race". It's so harmonous.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Chinner said:
this comic is boring it should be about me and blame space living together as some kind of odd couple.

Start drawing then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom