• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hero GAF deserves: GAFman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jocchan said:
My take on GAFman:
aN7W7.png
I think this is great. Less like Deadpool but keeps the positives of the original design.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay, I have us Wiki over at Wikia. It's a little early for us to be spending a lot of time organizing it right now, and a lot of this we can sort of make up as we go. But I've got the URL on hold basically and we can spend some time creating and organizing it a little later. Before we do work on the details and filling it in, I want us to get the basics down.

Gonna be typing this out over the course of several posts, for now, let's start with our hero.

GAFman

Design - We're still working on the design, but it seems we're in agreement about giving him a mouth? It also appears to me that the style being favored is the semi-realistic and not terribly exaggerated one. Is everybody okay with that approach?

Super Powers - I like the idea of him using different powers and weapons from different video games. Nothing from "licensed" video games (so he can't turn into Goku) and the super powerful stuff would have to require a lot of time and effort to summon and use. Key powers could be regenerating health, bullet time, incredible jumping ability (double/triple jump), Samus's morph ball (shaped like the GAF logo, naturally), Mario mushrooms (strength and size), Cole's lightning from inFamous, Alex Mercer's Prototype powers, Mega Man's mega buster, Prince of Persia sand rewinding, Sonic the Hedgehog's shields / spindashing, Katamari ball rolling, Splosion Man... sploding, etc. We can call upon some key powers often (like the Morph Ball) while bringing out other powers whenever the situation arises where they would be useful. He could also call upon certain weapons as well, IF they're iconic. Something like the Master Sword or a Quake Railgun would work, but not generic melee weapons or M16s or anything. He can call upon "GOD MODE" in times where we need a big dramatic climax. It has to be used VERY SPARINGLY and he has to be in EXTREME circumstances for it to activate. Like, we might only do it once or twice. We could say he has no control when it happens. He has the banhammer as well, but rather than it being at his side constantly and his primary means of fighting, he could bring it out when he aims to finish off his opponent. I think this will work better if we make the banhammer HUGE.

Real Name / Alter Ego - We need one. AceBandage came up with Gary Arman Fernando. I think it works. His secret identity is that of video game journalist. We could use the time of him as a video game journalist to criticize other websites like IGN without making them villains.

Origin - I think we should go with essentially what my origin story was. I'd change the name of the hammer back to Banhammer, but there's not a whole there I think needs changing. Essentially, the world is protected by the MODS. Bish is the Mod of Gaming. Because of his waning power and difficulties in maintaining order, he chooses GAFman to protect the city of Neo GAF. Master Race is worked into this, being Gary's best friend. GAFman is the one who is chosen as the hero, but Master Race also gets the powers from the banhammer in a freak accident.

Love Interests - GAFman is in love with minor character Francesca Friendzone, but he does not have the courage to ask her out. Nor does she seem particularly interested, as she is dating Master Race. Sheila Sharpknees is openly, madly in love with GAFman, but GAFman is absolutely repulsed by her knees, despite the fact that the rest of her is absolutely gorgeous. I think Sheila should be a kind of Catwoman-style villain, which I'll go a bit further into when I hit the villains.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Question: does GAFman really need a known secret identity or alter ego? I imagine him awkwardly wearing his mask all the time and being overly paranoid/ashmed about his secret identity could open up some funny situations.

ZealousD

Jocchan said:
Question: does GAFman really need a known secret identity or alter ego? I imagine him awkwardly wearing his mask all the time and being overly paranoid/ashmed about his secret identity could open up some funny situations.

I think we do. It keeps us from being all action, all the time. It'll give us a conduit through which we can criticize the different gaming news outlets. Imagine if Gary works at a job where he keeps trying to put forth reasonable, well thought out articles but his bosses are more interested in him creating top ten lists or silly articles like "Why the Wii U will fail" even if he doesn't agree with the main thrust.

I mean, we don't need to go Spider-Man / Peter Parker crazy in terms of how much Gary is developed. We could make it more like the Batman / Bruce Wayne balance.

Satch

Banned
Jocchan said:
Haha, have you ever heard of Crimson Chin?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ZealousD said:
I think we do. It keeps us from being all action, all the time. It'll give us a conduit through which we can criticize the different gaming news outlets. Imagine if Gary works at a job where he keeps trying to put forth reasonable, well thought out articles but his bosses are more interested in him creating top ten lists or silly articles like "Why the Wii U will fail" even if he doesn't agree with the main thrust.

I mean, we don't need to go Spider-Man / Peter Parker crazy in terms of how much Gary is developed. We could make it more like the Batman / Bruce Wayne balance.
Fine, but the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive :D

Satchwar said:
Haha, have you ever heard of Crimson Chin?
Hahahaha I didn't, and that's exactly what I had in mind:

QjPa3.png

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Jocchan said:

I think it would kind of cool if GAFman just wore the mask everywhere, even to his day job. Imagine a guy in a suit and GAFman mask doing menial office work until it's time to rip it all off and spring into action. No one seems to notice nor mind that he's wearing a mask everyhwere he goes, and no one recognizes GAFman until he's showing the full getup.

Jocchan said:

This could work too. Same gist.

ZealousD

Villains / Factions

Villains and factions will come in several different flavors. Some are threats to gaming as a whole, while some are specific criminals of the city of Neo GAF.

Major Villains

Master Race - We've hit upon this guy a lot. Similar to Yahtzee's original drawing, he's a muscular, ridiculously handsome type with an exposed manly chest, yellow skin, and long, flowing, white hair. I thought about making his powers similar to GAFman, only to realize that he'd only want powers from PC games, and PC gaming is woefully inadequate when it comes to gaming heroes with superpowers. So maybe instead he'll manifest his expanding and upgradeable power as a more generic super strength and energy manipulation. H can also control an army of some sort, fitting for his plans to create a great PC gaming empire. He calls GAFman his "brother", and the psychological and physical struggle between these two will be the heart of the series.

Dr. M - A mad scientist type, Dr. M is all about using science and technology in order to defeat "The Pirates". Given that The Pirates are a common enemy, GAFman initially sees Dr. M as a potential ally. But Dr. M's methods go too far. His weapons create a lot of collateral damage, and he has secret plans to control GAFman and Master Race as well. Despite the fact that he is mad and dangerous, the different governments and politicians of Gaming support him. He is incredibly manipulative and a real psychological enigma.

Game(Stop?) - GameStop has to be incorporated somehow. I'm split between explicitly using their actual name or changing it to a more generic name like GamePlace or GamingStop in order to avoid their lawyers from poking around. Anyway, their CEO will be a nameless/faceless Lex Luthor type who's only desire is to funnel money into their operation. They'll use their "Power Up" cards as both a means to strengthen their employees and to control the minds of their customers. The sound of shrinkwrap being teared is one of GAFman's few weaknesses.

Megaton / E3 - This is pretty much our Galactus. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29273185&postcount=178

Major Factions

The Pirates - These guys are everywhere. They could be anyone. These are the common criminals of Gaming. When we want to show GAFman "on patrol", he will be stopping The Pirates in much the same way that Batman might stop petty thieves.

The Mayor and City Council of Neo GAF - Evilore is the mayor. When GAFman answers his red phone, Evilore is the one who informs GAFman of the threat. A sourse of conflict between GAFman and Evilore is that Evilore actually has a favorable opinion of Master Race. The rest of the mods (aside from Bish) make up the rest of the City Council. Everyone wears bright red suits.

Xbots - A race of cyborg/robotic gamers intent on taking over the land of Gaming. One of the main four platform factions seeking dominance.

Sony Defense Force - An army of gamers that fly under Sony's banner. Jocchan's pretty much got this one licked. Another one of the main four platform factions.

Nintendons - Making a judgment call on this one, since there's not much agreement where these guys are heading. The numbers of the Nintendons were dwindling until they found the ancient artifact known as "The Accelerometer ". By waggling the artifact, they were able to conquer wide swathes of land and brought casual gamers into their numbers. However, aside from the artifact, their equipment is not up to par. We could make the hardcore fanboys rather barbaric looking, choosing to fight with old and rusted weapons like they're from some sort of post-apocalyptic society, like Fallout. Yet another one of the main four platform factions.

The Army of Master Race - All the PC gamers in the land have sworn allegiance to Master Race. Obviously. Extremely powerful and ever evolving, just like Master Race.

Minor Villains

Sheila Sharpknees - Madly in love with GAFman. She's more like a Catwoman character, except that GAFman does not like her in the way that Batman loves Catwoman. Looking for more concrete ideas than this, if you guys want to help. Trying to figure out what her petty crimes would be.

The Troll - We have a couple member specific ideas thrown about to represent trolls (Docpan, Chinner), but I think it'll be more compelling if we have one central character that GAFman fights from time to time. He's a strong and powerful monster, but he is also constantly trying to get into GAFman's head. Think Bane. Maybe other more major villains will ally with him from time to time. For example, Dr. M may need to make a quick escape, and that's when he brings out The Troll.

Opa-Opa - A character mostly in backstory only. One of GAFman's earliest bans. If we address him, we do it in a flashback.

We might add one or two more minor villains, but I'm working to trim a lot of fat here. I'm trying to prevent some villains from being too much like others, and I don't necessarily like the idea of incorporating other gaffers as villains.

I think that'll about do it for canonizing our characters. Should we add in more history of Neo GAF or should we just not address the subject?

I do not like the idea of Gafman having a secret idenity at all. He could have had another name and costume before he was assigned to NeoGaf (since, as far as we know, he's always worked for Bish as a Mod) and became Gafman, but I don't like the idea of him going back anf forth.

With that said, I doodled this (don't take thr designs too seriously, it's just a doodle):
205usgh.jpg

I figure that the Banhammer transforms him into Gafman... but still, I hate the idea of him having a secret identity. I think that once he becomes Gafman, that's the only life he lives.

Also, this is unrelated, but I doodled this last night. It's how I'd imagine the people of Neo Gaf make "threads."
wvqvpx.jpg

Basically, people get up on podiums, and use some kind of device that creates thread windows that people can respond to or just ignore, but some threads can cause riots.

beat

DOO13ER said:
I think it would kind of cool if GAFman just wore the mask everywhere, even to his day job. Imagine a guy in a suit and GAFman mask doing menial office work until it's time to rip it all off and spring into action. No one seems to notice nor mind that he's wearing a mask everyhwere he goes, and no one recognizes GAFman until he's showing the full getup.
Reminiscent of Spider-Man in the Chris Giarrusso mini-Marvels stories...

ZealousD said:
Villains / Factions

[...]

Game(Stop?) - GameStop has to be incorporated somehow. I'm split between explicitly using their actual name or changing it to a more generic name like GamePlace or GamingStop
"Stop Game"?

Pachinko

How did I miss this entire thread? This shits awesome guys, seriously funny stuff in here and some great art. Makes me want to draw!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ZealousD said:
Game(Stop?) - GameStop has to be incorporated somehow. I'm split between explicitly using their actual name or changing it to a more generic name like GamePlace or GamingStop in order to avoid their lawyers from poking around. Anyway, their CEO will be a nameless/faceless Lex Luthor type who's only desire is to funnel money into their operation. They'll use their "Power Up" cards as both a means to strengthen their employees and to control the minds of their customers. The sound of shrinkwrap being teared is one of GAFman's few weaknesses.

Proposal:
GameTop - A minor villain (I think we have plenty of top-tier villains already, and lets be honest, Gamestop won't yield new material, just continuous complaints about the same thing) He goes around opening all the games he can find, but, using his power of persuasion, convinces people they are new. He is the mascot of the GameTop Game Store, a company with unlimited resources thanks to GameTops's mind control.

In his confrontation with GAFMan, he uses his power of persuasion to get GAFMan to sell him the Banhammer, GAFman later seeks retribution and drops a magazine rack on him.

On the name. I have this image of "The Gamestop villain" being this court jester type character. Very over the top and goofy, and GameTop just sounds like the name a jester would have.

Opa-Opa - A character mostly in backstory only. One of GAFman's earliest bans. If we address him, we do it in a flashback.

Proposal:
Should not be a person, but maybe a isolated island where Gaf-Man sends all the bannlings. (or leader of the island of bannlings). They should have no power, and only be mentioned as a joke, or maybe a scary story parent's of Gaf-land tell their children.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
beat said:
"Stop Game"?

If we're doing this, the obvious choice is GameStore
KeeSomething said:
Who is Mr. M? What's his story again?
Not Mister. Doctor.

Doctor M. Dr. M. DRM...
Dr. M, devoted to shutting down Master Race at all costs- just as myopic and stubborn, but his lunacy comes from a completely different angle. He sets up twisted, constrictive psychological experiments that prey on Master Race's prejudices, preconceptions, and loopholes in his philosophy... making him feel so powerless as to finally, time and time again, call on GAFMan as a last resort to help him out of the bind. As soon as he's free he goes back to resenting GAFMan and his sympathy for the common peasant.
Dr. M is a shadowy figure that Master Race turned to in his failed attempt to combat what is only known as The Torrent:
A mad scientist type, Dr. M is all about using science and technology in order to defeat "The Pirates". Given that The Pirates are a common enemy, GAFman initially sees Dr. M as a potential ally. But Dr. M's methods go too far. His weapons create a lot of collateral damage, and he has secret plans to control GAFman and Master Race as well. Despite the fact that he is mad and dangerous, the different governments and politicians of Gaming support him. He is incredibly manipulative and a real psychological enigma.

All of these descriptions can be canon. Like the Joker, nobody truly knows where the fuck he came from or how to truly be rid of him.

ZealousD said:
Minor Villains

Sheila Sharpknees - Madly in love with GAFman. She's more like a Catwoman character, except that GAFman does not like her in the way that Batman loves Catwoman. Looking for more concrete ideas than this, if you guys want to help. Trying to figure out what her petty crimes would be.

The Troll - We have a couple member specific ideas thrown about to represent trolls (Docpan, Chinner), but I think it'll be more compelling if we have one central character that GAFman fights from time to time. He's a strong and powerful monster, but he is also constantly trying to get into GAFman's head. Think Bane. Maybe other more major villains will ally with him from time to time. For example, Dr. M may need to make a quick escape, and that's when he brings out The Troll.

Regarding The Troll... it'd be cool if he took on different identities and personalities after each "death" similar to The Doctor or Master from Doctor Who. That way, he can keep the same memories of past fights and acts, but his personality reflects the troll that you're drawing inspiration from each time.

As for Sheila Sharpknees, the Catwoman parallel is great. GAF-Man constantly derides her, but we secretly know that if he actually had a shot with her, he'd nail her (I mean, come on guys, we all know you would no matter how much you complain, haha). She gets off on the thrill of fucking with GAF-Man, but she's not malicious and she genuinely likes him. She just likes messing with him. Or perhaps GAF-Man pushes her away because deep down, he has severe self-confidence problems and doesn't think he deserves a woman like that. Perhaps the Girl-Age support group helps him eventually get the confidence to reciprocate her actions.

Vulcano's assistant said:

That is awesome!

ZealousD

KeeSomething said:
I do not like the idea of Gafman having a secret idenity at all. He could have had another name and costume before he was assigned to NeoGaf (since, as far as we know, he's always worked for Bish as a Mod) and became Gafman, but I don't like the idea of him going back anf forth.

What's your opinion of the Crimson Chin approach? He is technically wearing his costume all the time but he'll put on civilian clothes for his work. Nobody ever seems to notice that he's GAFman while he's doing this.

AceBandage said:
Haha, wow.
We're actually using that name I made up for GAFman's secret identity.
:D

I couldn't come up with anything better. =P

DrForester said:
Proposal:
GameTop - A minor villain (I think we have plenty of top-tier villains already, and lets be honest, Gamestop won't yield new material, just continuous complaints about the same thing)

Well we've got Master Race and Dr. M for sure. E3 is the kind of character that can't be rolled out often. So that's like two and a half major villains. I think there's a hole there.

I like the idea of having different archetypes of villains for GAFman to go up against. We've got Master Race as sort of the powerful counterpart. We've got Dr. M as sort of a scientist and an intellectual type. GameStop works for me because it's the evil company archetype. GAFman might have superhero powers, but money has a power of its own. And the only other company we could really sell the "evil" angle with is Activision, and that horse has been ridden even more than GameStop. Plus I kind of like the idea of having a faceless, nameless villain. One that leaves the reader to their own imagination. And Bobby Kotick is waaaaaay more out there and visible to the public than J. Paul Raines or Daniel DeMatteo.

ZealousD

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
As for Sheila Sharpknees, the Catwoman parallel is great. GAF-Man constantly derides her, but we secretly know that if he actually had a shot with her, he'd nail her (I mean, come on guys, we all know you would no matter how much you complain, haha). She gets off on the thrill of fucking with GAF-Man, but she's not malicious and she genuinely likes him. She just likes messing with him. Or perhaps GAF-Man pushes her away because deep down, he has severe self-confidence problems and doesn't think he deserves a woman like that. Perhaps the Girl-Age support group helps him eventually get the confidence to reciprocate her actions.

Well GAFman clearly has self-confidence problems. But if we want to dig a little deeper, I'd say GAFman's repulsion to her knees isn't actually because of the knees themselves. It's more that he's hasn't really considered any woman other than Francesca. A different woman doesn't really fit into his "plan" or how he thinks things should be. He'd rather chase after that which he feels is unobtainable rather than enter a relationship with any other woman.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
That is awesome!

Vulcano's assistant... I should really say, to see something that was just an idea I had, just some words out there into the ether, crystallized by someone with real talent into something visual, is truly awesome. I had an idea for a character and now I know what that character looks like thanks to you. I know this is kind of cheesy, but whatever; it's a sort of a humbling thing, one of those rare moments where the internet seems to go from just a series of tubes into something more, an actual community. Thanks for taking the time to draw that :)

Mista Koo said:
Are there a lot of superheroes with hammers? Because with that cape and similar poses he reminds me of Thor a lot. Maybe an oversized mallet/sledgehammer would be better? (think DeDeDe).
I think it would be best if GAFman fights primarily with just his fists and super-strength, like Superman; and when needed he can raise his hand to the sky, perhaps reciting a phrase, and a bolt of lightning will descend from the heavens striking his outstretched hand to deliver him the BanHammer.

----

Really great stuff you guys have come up with; I especially like how he can use powers and weapons from gaming to fight with.

I'm still firmly in the full-mask with no mouth camp, that Batman Beyond picture just creeps me out! :p But if most of you guys want a mouth, that's what we'll do.

I also like Jocchan's no secret identity/always wearing the mask idea.

I still think the "Friendzone" representation shouldn't be a woman, but an actual plane of existence that people can get trapped in, like the Phantom Zone in Superman.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
I think it would be best if GAFman fights primarily with just his fists and super-strength, like Superman; and when needed he can raise his hand to the sky, perhaps reciting a phrase, and a bolt of lightning will descend from the heavens striking his outstretched hand to deliver him the BanHammer.

----

Really great stuff you guys have come up with; I especially like how he can use powers and weapons from gaming to fight with.

I'm still firmly in the full-mask with no mouth camp, that Batman Beyond picture just creeps me out! :p But if most of you guys want a mouth, that's what we'll do.

I also like Jocchan's no secret identity/always wearing the mask idea.

I still think the "Friendzone" representation shouldn't be a woman, but an actual plane of existence that people can get trapped in, like the Phantom Zone in Superman.

Ok, that would be kinda cool. But maybe it's an epiphanic prison and once trapped, it's more your mind is trapped, and you have to fight your way out... but in the mind.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Ok, that would be kinda cool. But maybe it's an epiphanic prison and once trapped, it's more your mind is trapped, and you have to fight your way out... but in the mind.
Ooh, that's an awesome idea. Lends itself to many Inception-type escapades.

----

The Nintendo group should be called Nintendrones.

ZealousD said:
What's your opinion of the Crimson Chin approach? He is technically wearing his costume all the time but he'll put on civilian clothes for his work. Nobody ever seems to notice that he's GAFman while he's doing this.
I think it's funny, but what's going on? One second everyone wants Gafman to be super serious like Batman, and the next minute he's too serious and everyone wants him to be silly.

Oh course, by "everyone," I mean... some people.

So, you ask me what I think of the Crimson Chin approach? I'm totally for it. 100%!

Vyer

I laughed way more at "Look Who's Coming To CHINNER" than I should have.

Also, I'm amazed you guys have not created an Astrolad yet.

I'd like to offer:

BandWidth - A shadowy entity/organization that acts as an 'arms' dealer to the factions vying in the console war, putting him/it at odds with GAFman constantly. Often working in the background and with its reach extending into just about every faction/angle, no one really knows what 'side' BandWidth is on - if any. But though it's rarely at the forefront of any conflict, BandWidth's influence is far reaching; often their flow (or throttling) of weapons and resources can subtly turn the tide in any war. And while the factions battle for control, BandWidth is always looking to tighten its grip on its own empire, often doing whatever necessary to create or secure all methods of....distribution.

Mista Koo

I agree that GAFman should keep his mask on all the time, but people won't recognize him unless he has the full costume on.
Also he should be named Germayn Austin Florent, or if his name is already canonized this could be the city's/island's name (e.g. the city of St. Germayn Austin Florent).

I like Dr. M's look but he is missing something ironic/cliched, maybe let him be on life support? He could freeze whenever his life support is disconnected.
I think there needs to be another villain called The Farm Villain.

Jocchan said:
Uhm, it's the same shade (except darker because of the shadows), how can it clash with itself?
Bad choice of words. I'm not sure how to phrase this but it will be surrounding the orange on his body making it stand out less. There will be too much orange.

Edit:
KeeSomething said:
I think it's funny, but what's going on? One second everyone wants Gafman to be super serious like Batman, and the next minute he's too serious and everyone wants him to be silly.
The Comically Serious.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ZealousD said:
Nintendons - Making a judgment call on this one, since there's not much agreement where these guys are heading. The numbers of the Nintendons were dwindling until they found the ancient artifact known as "The Accelerometer ". By waggling the artifact, they were able to conquer wide swathes of land and brought casual gamers into their numbers. However, aside from the artifact, their equipment is not up to par. We could make the hardcore fanboys rather barbaric looking, choosing to fight with old and rusted weapons like they're from some sort of post-apocalyptic society, like Fallout. Yet another one of the main four platform factions.
To be honest, I don't like this idea much (but I could be biased, since my suggestion was completely different). It doesn't seem to capture much of the Nintendo fans' flair, except the "they use outdated hardware" part, and ignores concepts like the ninjas, lifestyle advertising and friend codes. Just my 2 cents, though. Your call here.

Hawkian said:
If we're doing this, the obvious choice is GameStore.
I like this.

RyanardoDaVinci said:
This is actually a great idea. GAFman could still be obsessed over a woman that doesn't care for him, and end up trapped in the Friend Zone.

Mista Koo said:
Bad choice of words. I'm not sure how to phrase this but it will be surrounding the orange on his body making it stand out less. There will be too much orange.
The visible parts of the insides of the cape would be next to the grey, actually. You'd hardly see them next to the (upper) orange part. Also, grey is a very flat color (in fact, we shouldn't use *exactly* grey but have a hint of another color, in my picture above it had some hints of orange-red-ish) so limiting its amount is never a bad idea.

Mista Koo said:
Yep.

Vulcano's assistant said:
Ripping off Dr. No, here is an idea for Dr. M:
http://velazquezasistant.wikispaces.com/file/view/dr_m.png/243187871/dr_m.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I approve of ripping off Dr. No.

Also, I say we keep the Dredpool-like design unless people are willing to change, because it looks like a lot of comics people are making of GAFman already use that design.

[quote]I like Dr. M's look but he is missing something ironic/cliched, maybe let him be on life support? He could freeze whenever his life support is disconnected.[/quote]Since he's based on Dr. No, he could have a Napoleonic complex and short stature. Or a Napoleonic complex and still really tall.

Spirit3

I hate to even say this, because everything so far has been brilliant, but when/should Fox News get a mention? They/ it could be the oppressive side (rival) to the alter ego of GafMAN, as he is a games journalist after-all apparently. Probably a terrible idea but just a thought. Could give the secret identity a bit of personality and develop another possible villian later on down the track, eg after several unsuccessful attempts to mislead the people Fox News goes rouge. Could call it Faux News or something.

I'm bad at this aren't I? Hahah.

Mista Koo

Jocchan said:
The visible parts of the insides of the cape would be next to the grey, actually. You'd hardly see them next to the (upper) orange part. Also, grey is a very flat color (in fact, we shouldn't use *exactly* grey but have a hint of another color, in my picture above it had some hints of orange-red-ish) so limiting its amount is never a bad idea.
I can't exactly imagine what you're saying xD But lets not make a big deal out of it.
But I do agree that the grey is flat and that's why I preferred the blue.

Spirit3 said:
I hate to even say this, because everything so far has been brilliant, but when/should Fox News get a mention? They/ it could be the oppressive side (rival) to the alter ego of GafMAN, as he is a games journalist after-all apparently. Probably a terrible idea but just a thought. Could give the secret identity a bit of personality and develop another possible villian later on down the track, eg after several unsuccessful attempts to mislead the people Fox News goes rouge. Could call it Faux News or something.

I'm bad at this aren't I? Hahah.
They should be a news channel called Faux News. They'll simply report GAFman's adventures wrong, either making him look like the bad guy or making any random guy-walking-by-the-camera the hero.
When they're not doing this they'll be reporting G.A.F? stories or Gaborn news.

MYE

Am i the only one who prefers the idea behind Golden-AGE GAFman? :(

I think the campy humor and smug-looking white-knight hero goes better with GAF than a more serious looking one.

tri_willy

there should be a future angle where gafman is forced to... unmask!!!

upon removal of mask, reveals the face of evillore's old avatar

ZealousD

KeeSomething said:

I think the idea is that his world is silly. We've got a lot of ridiculous characters and concepts floating around, but we want everyone to play their roles with a straight face. We see the absurdity, but they do not.

Hawkian said:
If Batman wore his costume 24/7 no one would question it either.

True, but he's the goddamn Batman.

ZealousD

Jocchan said:
To be honest, I don't like this idea much (but I could be biased, since my suggestion was completely different). It doesn't seem to capture much of the Nintendo fans' flair, except the "they use outdated hardware" part, and ignores concepts like the ninjas, lifestyle advertising and friend codes. Just my 2 cents, though. Your call here.

It was sort of an idea I just had floating around. Wasn't sure if I was fully satisfied with it either. I think I missed some of the particulars of your idea. I'll think more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom