• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trenched / Iron Brigade |OT| of Analog Salutes.. oh and Mechs

Tim Shafer just tweeted the following;

Want to play Trenched with Double Fine? It's happening this Thursday, July 28th from 5:00-7:00 PST on XBOX LIVE. Details to follow!

Follow @TimOfLegend if you want to follow Tim Shafer, head of Double Fine on Twitter.

TheOddOne said:
Where is ma EU version, Shafer/MS?

He did also tweet that Double Fine will hold another "play with the fans" type thing when the game comes out in Europe. I'm sure they're kicking themselves over the situation over there.

glaurung

Steve McQueen said:
Any news on this? It's been quite a while now :/
No news has come after the registered brand name issue was made apparent.

And my gut tells me that unless the game did really super sales numbers in the US marketplace, they are in no hurry to rename and release it over here in the old world. You know, where history comes from.

Has there been any talk of DLC for this? Have gold stars on every level except the final boss, and loved this game, would EASILY pick up any DLC if they do eventually put some out.

glaurung said:
No news has come after the registered brand name issue was made apparent.

And my gut tells me that unless the game did really super sales numbers in the US marketplace, they are in no hurry to rename and release it over here in the old world. You know, where history comes from.

:D

I'm afraid you're right. Well I guess I spend my points on From Dust then. Not willing to wait tbh.

Finally got a chance to play this during the week, got through the africa campaign in one sitting with my friend. How much is left in the story? Anyone heard about DLC? Id love a survival mode.

MS confirms Trenched European release

Microsoft has confirmed that Iron Brigade - the game known as Trenched in the US - will be released in Europe this September, Eurogamer can reveal.

Confirmation comes from a Microsoft press document issued at German games show gamescom today.

"Xbox Live Arcade fans will also be able to get their hands on Iron Brigade, also known as Trenched, which will be released in Europe this September," the press briefing read.

glaurung

And just like that, Microsoft has destroyed this game in Europe.

September brings with it plenty of other, triple A games that will steal the limelight and the time. And the sad truth is as I predicted: I will not be buying the game during launch, but I will keep an eye on it and once a sale happens, I'll be there.

Good job Microsoft, I hope Tim Schafer switches to a Sony-exclusive development.

glaurung said:
And just like that, Microsoft has destroyed this game in Europe.

September brings with it plenty of other, triple A games that will steal the limelight and the time. And the sad truth is as I predicted: I will not be buying the game during launch, but I will keep an eye on it and once a sale happens, I'll be there.

Good job Microsoft, I hope Tim Schafer switches to a Sony-exclusive development.

Blame that other dude not microsoft.
But yeah if it is begin september i can still see it get some sales but a week before gears 3 then it is send to die.

dragonelite said:
Blame that other dude not microsoft.
But yeah if it is begin september i can still see it get some sales but a week before gears 3 then it is send to die.
Should be a Christmas or early January title. Needs some space.

Major Nelson just posted this on his blog about the name change:

XBLA fans in Europe will also be able to get their hands on “Iron Brigade." After its June debut as “Trenched” in the U.S., the WWI-styled mobile trench game from Double Fine Productions is coming to Europe this September with a new name – “Iron Brigade” – and will be renamed as such globally. In “Iron Brigade,” players protect humanity from the evil Monovision menace and use a combination of mobile firepower and stationary defenses to turn the tide of war.
Looks like the Trenched name won't exist anywhere any more.

Raide

So, when is this bitch coming to EU shores? I would rather they push it till early next year, since it will get utterly ignored if they release it Oct-Dec.

Gowans007 said:
Just watching the GiantBomb BLLS.

In the Iron Brigade update there is a Infinite Survival Mode and new loot :)

I just played the demo and was about to buy Trenched.. but should I hold off until the re-name comes out?

Anyone know how they'll handle the re-name for people who've already bought it.. ie will the DLC be free for them?

Hmmmm decisions decisions.. I really want to play this.. halp?

Ken

How's the online population for this game currently, specifically the population of Trenched GAF? Thinking of picking this up in a few days.

Ken

Played the first two missions and wow, this game is pretty awesome. I regret not picking it up when it released in North America.

One thing I kind of dislike though is that the screen to customize your Trench seems a little cluttered.

xbhaskarx said:
When is the name change happening?

To coincide with the Euro release. Which has still not been give a solid date. I believe the day that goes up, a title update will be released to update the US version to unify them both.

Odds are the game will get a temporary sale worldwide when it goes on sale in Europe to boost online play, so I would not recommend anyone buying now. I am just guessing about this, but is seems likely it would happen.

Ken

Finished the campaign and hit rank 10 with a few hours of online play. Overall I really like the game. Hopefully the content update adds a lot more loot, missions, and a higher rank cap.

Jhoan

Don't mean to bump this thread, but I'm LTTP. Is the online community for this game dead? I tried looking for people, but it never found any. If any GAFers want to play together, then feel free to add me at Johan El Fuerte or send me an invite. I'm definitely enjoying it, but it's much better with 3 other players.

Jipan said:
Don't mean to bump this thread, but I'm LTTP. Is the online community for this game dead? I tried looking for people, but it never found any. If any GAFers want to play together, then feel free to add me at Johan El Fuerte or send me an invite. I'm definitely enjoying it, but it's much better with 3 other players.

It should get a bump in the next few weeks when the big update/Euro release happens. Then again when the DLC is released.

Mupod

Saw this on Double fine's forums...

ironbrigadesteam.png

Apparently Trench...er, Iron Brigade has been seen in the steam registry. Looks like I might be buying this game again.

Keasar

Nice, when they released Costume Quest for PC I assumed they would release all their other titles for PC too. So Im going to wait with Trenched/Iron Brigade until they release it also on Steam.

Top Bottom