• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Anime] Your "Controversial" Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
that penguin anime was garbage. boring shit with lazy backgrounds with some decent animation.
Lazy backgrounds? What the fuck?

lazy.png

Diablo jambe? Friction = heat, not that complex

Asura thing is just a complex and powerful sword manoeuvre

Luffy's gears all have explanations within his power, 2nd = increasing his blood flow, 3rd, blowing up his body by biting a hole in his body and breathing into it.

What's the explanation for Bleach's power ups? What's with the hollow super hollow bullshit? What's with the final transformation which renders him powerless but not powerless?
How did Luffy come up with gears? Why does Luffy bow down so he can start g2? why does he bite his thumb to enter g3? How did Sanji think of friction? When did Zorro came up with his move? I want manga explanation not guesses, theories, and fan fiction.
If you like Bleach, Fairy Tail or "it's all about the powerlevels, baby!" Naruto, you really don't have any room to shit on One Piece.

At least Fairy Tail doesn't take itself too seriously...

What a fucking ridiculous statement. Typical one piece fan sigh.

How did Luffy come up with gears? Why does Luffy bow down so he can start g2? why does he bite his thumb to enter g3? How did Sanji think of friction? When did Zorro came up with his move? I want manga explanation not guesses, theories, and fan fiction.

What a fucking ridiculous statement. Typical one piece fan sigh.

Read the manga. Too lazy to explain.

Cwarrior

that penguin anime was garbage. boring shit with lazy backgrounds with some decent animation.

lol don’t go insulting animation like that, the shows barely even animated it’s mostly a powerpoint slide show, a series of static images most of the time and the only part which is nicly animated is that long drawn out stock animation which is recycle and traces over dozens of times.

penguin drum story is pretentious cheap garbage.

Kubo is the laziest artist next to Togashi. He's a very good drawer technically, but artistically he's pretty shit.
Kubo is an amazing artist.
But you know what? Never mind, are you DTL 2?

Everyone who does not like one piece is DTL now? Man seriously the more i interact with one piece fans the less i think of them. Get a fucking grip. I am not the only one who prefers Bleach to one piece, unless you think so than you have to get out of your bubble. Of course since these things are not mentioned in the manga and you could not show me manga pages where the explanation actually happens, you resort to nae calling because you cannot back up your argument.
Read the manga. Too lazy to explain.
Except these have never been explained in the manga.

Takao

Banned
Oh wow, totally forgot about Rave Master. I even played that Smash Bros style GBA game for it. It was pretty cool.

I was hoping that the success of Fairy Tail would propel a remake of Rave Master, since the anime series only covers about 1/2 of the manga. I guess not.

The Fairy Tail x Rave Master special Mashima made was pretty terrible. It's obvious the dude forgot how to draw those characters because it became difficult to tell them apart.

Not sure if the Zoro and Sanji explanations are thatd etailed, I don't know why they have to be cause frankly it's not that important, but Luffy has always ddescribed how he's come up with his gears. You're really poor at paying attention to these things apaprently.

Gear 2 was from viewing the cp9 people, gear 3 was giants I believe but I'm not sure.

The point is not how he came up with them but that they make sense in context, it simply doesn't for bleach, or at least it has yet to be explained. Nothing I've seen of Bleach so far has convinced me he will ever explain these things.

You can find plenty of explanations that aren't just conjecture on http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Kubo is an amazing artist.

Everyone who does not like one piece is DTL now? Man seriously the more i interact with one piece fans the less i think of them. Get a fucking grip. I am not the only one who prefers Bleach to one piece, unless you live in a bubble.

In what way is he an amazing artist exactly? He's very good at drawing, I'll give you that. His art sucks.

No, you hate OP and love Bleach.

They have been explained in the manga ffs, stop making shit up.

I was looking for either that picture or this one:

gQzKk.jpg

There are complaints to be made about Penguindrum, but lazy backgrounds?....I think not.

yeah that was dumb on my part, but i meant the floating 2d stuff, the library, cant stand the repetition which was especially annoying during any scenes inside trains

Risette

A Good Citizen
yeah that was dumb on my part, but i meant the floating 2d stuff, the library, cant stand the repetition which was especially annoying during any scenes inside trains
How dare they stylize extraneous crud like crowds! Ikuhara, what a lazy hack!

I think in general, adult's who watch anime that focus on the day to day lives of high school/middle school girls are creepy. I don't care what REAL teenage girls do or talk about, let alone cartoon ones.

Sorry.

I like BECK though.

There was a movie set before the Water Seven that explained the origin, never saw it.
Why he bow down in gear 2 is irrelevant i think.
He bites the finger to pump air in the bones to expand the his body, its explained in the manga.
Sanji explains during his fight, dont remember how it was. Zoro Asura is not explained thought.

Did you really read it?

Neon Genesis Evangelion is 100% NOT overrated (but also not for everyone). Shinji Ikari is one of the most compelling protagonists in anime.

Show me the pages that explain these techniques?

I've at least provided you with the explanations you asked for, have you done the same for the bleach bullshit we asked you about?

Nope.

I'm not giving you anymore until you start acknowledging my questions.

I even gave you a link to find stuff, you haven't given me shit.

Bwahaha, holy shit what show is this? Are they CG? The kid looks like someone just resized one of the adult models, bwahaha.

God i hate to see that in anime it's looks so fucking stupid and creepy sometimes.
CG should be used when it does not look stupid .
Take shana for eg the snake being CG look fucking awful .

The Japanese government should censor shows sexualizing young girls (or girls who are supposedly not young but look it). Also, most anime is bad partially for the same reason they need censorship laws.

- There's a reason Dragon Ball and One Piece never caught on outside of Japan the way Naruto/DBZ/Bleach did:The way they portray the "Adventure" just isn't that interesting. The other shows get attacked for various reasons (Many legitimate, especially with Bleach) but one common one is the cheap powerups and characters being left behind. But that's part of the fun in the more successful Shonen animes: There is a natural progression to things and you feel how the characters are getting stronger and the stakes are being raised. DB had some of this towards the end but I never saw much of it in One Piece before I lost interest in it.

- Eden of the East didn't get bad at the movies, it always sucked. People were suckered in by the show name dropping western pop culture and the seemingly grandiose set-up but I just could never get over the feeling that the show's creators felt that they had created something more meaningful and interesting than what it really was. There's this entire message about disaffected youth but I wasn't feeling it at all. I never connected with any of the characters either.

Boogiepop

Hm, well I find Bleach and Naruto just okay, not terrible or fantastic. Certainly some serious issues with both series, but still a good bit of enjoyable stuff.

I also find Eva just kinda meh.

GL's back half is a mess IMO, and just takes so many poor turns it's almost depressing (first half is amazing, though). (Really glad to see other people mentioning this in here. Last forum I brought it up on I got slammed for having that opinion.)

As far as 4-koma goes, I'd rank Azumanga (manga/anime)>> Hidamari (anime) >>>>>>> K-on (manga) >> Lucky Star (anime). Haven't seen anything else in the genre to form an opinion on.

Oh, and I still feel that Skypeia is the best One Piece arc, which is apparently a very rare opinion.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I think in general, adult's who watch anime that focus on the day to day lives of high school/middle school girls are creepy. I don't care what REAL teenage girls do or talk about, let alone cartoon ones.

Sorry.
It's more about how various anime and manga dealing with high schools idealize high school life, there's a sense of romanticism to it, that I'd imagine many adults would find appealing, heck I'm pretty sure there's a cultural nostalgia thing about it, as there are many high-school animu / manga aimed at adults.

Let's put the US government in charge.

US government should learn to let other countries mind their own business.

Also, the newer an anime is the more likely it is to be ugly/visually boring and using cg almost never makes a show look better. Don't know if that's controversial or not.

The Japanese government should censor shows sexualizing young girls (or girls who are supposedly not young but look it). Also, most anime is bad partially for the same reason they need censorship laws.

It is stupid group all anime together or say most , this season hardly got any shows like that .

- There's a reason Dragon Ball and One Piece never caught on outside of Japan the way Naruto/DBZ/Bleach did:The way they portray the "Adventure" just isn't that interesting. The other shows get attacked for various reasons (Many legitimate, especially with Bleach) but one common one is the cheap powerups and characters being left behind. But that's part of the fun in the more successful Shonen animes: There is a natural progression to things and you feel how the characters are getting stronger and the stakes are being raised. DB had some of this towards the end but I never saw much of it in One Piece before I lost interest in it.

OP is doing good in Europe same for the rest of the world .
The only place OP did not really catch on is USA.

Hey, Japanese media was censored in the 50s (and early 60s I think?) by the US and they put out some of the best, most influential movies of all time. Sounds like you have a good idea there.

Those are some of my favorite films... but they should still handle it themselves. You know, be adults, not America's children.

It is stupid group all anime together or say most , this season hardly got any shows like that .

"Also, most anime is bad, partially for the same reason they need censorship laws."

My mistake.

- Eden of the East didn't get bad at the movies, it always sucked. People were suckered in by the show name dropping western pop culture and the seemingly grandiose set-up but I just could never get over the feeling that the show's creators felt that they had created something more meaningful and interesting than what it really was. There's this entire message about disaffected youth but I wasn't feeling it at all. I never connected with any of the characters either.

I think the reason DB never caught on is because DBZ started here first.

One Piece is a bit more iffy. It's super popular in some European countries, but in the US, 4kids really screwed it over and stunted the growth of the fanbase. Had that not happened, who knows where it would be today.

"Also, most anime is bad, partially for the same reason they need censorship laws."

My mistake.

I don't see why the should need censorship laws in the first place .
Now don't get me wrong i don't care about anime that sexualizing young girls but people should free to watch what they want once it don't hurt ,endanger ,effect anyone.

I haven't heard voice acting in anime that can surpass the best of Disney. Which is weird since, as far as I know, voice acting is pretty big there. Perhaps the way the record them?

Hope you're japanese or else you were saying the same thing

According to my principles I am at perfect liberty to diagnose a problem when it comes to my attention without also desiring to interfere with the sovereignty, personally or through the intermediary of my government, of another nation.

Got a problem with that? ; P

I haven't heard voice acting in anime that can surpass the best of Disney. Which is weird since, as far as I know, voice acting is pretty big there. Perhaps the way the record them?
Are we talking purely technical quality, japanese or english anime recordings, and any particular examples that bother you?

I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing, I just want a bit more elaboration.

Emitan

According to my principles I am at perfect liberty to diagnose a problem when it comes to my attention without also desiring to interfere with the sovereignty, personally or through the intermediary of my government, of another nation.

Got a problem with that? ; P

Fine with that

I don't see why the should need censorship laws in the first place .
Now don't get me wrong i don't care about anime that sexualizing young girls but people should free to watch what they want once it don't hurt ,endanger ,effect anyone.

Not desiring to completely derail the thread, if I may simply say that I disagree with your premises I will leave the issue at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom