• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Anime] Your "Controversial" Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
im 99% sure that they dont have the animation budget to be animating that
(and dont remember seeing it)

There's also that set of episodes showing Robin in a prison jumpsuit on a winter island. Incidentally, the animation was also pretty shitty.
One Piece wiki said:
Robin_TequilaWolf.png

KillGore

I actually have a figurine of Luffy wearing the DBZ gi

Yeah, Oda (One Piece creator) idolizes Toriyama, especially of how well Toriyama draws the muscles on his characters. Kubo (Bleach) and Kishimoto (Naruto) also went into the mangaka business because of Toriyama.

Toriyama influenced a lot of people because DBZ was a "Great" anime at the time, but some people act like it's the best anime in history, and it's really not, it's bad at a lot of stuff, the nostalgia drives their interest.

gunbo13

Toriyama influenced a lot of people because DBZ was a "Great" anime at the time, but some people act like it's the best anime in history, and it's really not, it's bad at a lot of stuff, the nostalgia drives their interest.
We have a word for those people. It's not an overly kind one.

Yeah, Oda (One Piece creator) idolizes Toriyama, especially of how well Toriyama draws the muscles on his characters. Kubo (Bleach) and Kishimoto (Naruto) also went into the mangaka business because of Toriyama.

Who are these people?

If I may offer a compromise regarding the fanservice debate: fanservice of the playful, cheesecake variety is all in good fun, just so long as it fits in with the general tone (i.e. lighthearted/schlocky/tongue-in-cheek) of the show. When fanservice is presented less as teasing and more as leering, fetishistic, lustful, etc. is when it becomes unnerving.

Cwarrior

There's also that set of episodes showing Robin in a prison jumpsuit on a winter island. Incidentally, the animation was also pretty shitty.

You might not like the change to different stylised art style but the animation wasn't shitty it's one those screen grabs don’t do it justice, the episode was done by naoki tate and the prison islands winter atmosphere and run down town looked great(also the man eating jungle).

Probably because they can't afford to animate realistic breasts lol

what?

If your breast jiggle like anime jiggle then you might have a problem.

im 99% sure that they dont have the animation budget to be animating that
(and dont remember seeing it)

If the budget was the issue, that wouldn't explain why her boobs don't jiggle in the other 9 movies, It’s more to do with normal people & kids also watch this show.

Yep that’s shit’s terrible don’t even know what they were thinking trying to ruin a movie that.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Aren't these fillers? just wondering.

It was expanded upon, but that did happen and she did wear that outfit.

You might not like the change in art style but the animation wasn't shitty it's one those screen grabs don’t do it justice , the episode was done by naoki tate and the prison island winter atmosphere and run down town looked great(also the man eating jungle).

Then that's a pic of momentarily bad animation. That art style doesn't always fit the characters, and everyone seems to run like a girl when it comes around. And it was still too cold for those breasts to be exposed like that.

paranoia agent is boooooooooooooring

Did you finish it? I only saw a few episodes.

If I may offer a compromise regarding the fanservice debate: fanservice of the playful, cheesecake variety is all in good fun, just so long as it fits in with the general tone (i.e. lighthearted/schlocky/tongue-in-cheek) of the show. When fanservice is presented less as teasing and more as leering, fetishistic, lustful, etc. is when it becomes unnerving.

Agreed.

gunbo13

Agreed and this is my stance as well. The second fan-service distracts the viewer (like not the normal intended one but takes you out of the show), then it fails. DxD is the most recent culprit for me. The only exceptions are shows that are entirely fan-service with the story just being the vehicle moving things forward. But they all suck.
paranoia agent is boooooooooooooring
Still better then Boogiepop. Both get shat on by Lain.

CiSTM

Banned
Finally finished Cowboy Bebop and it is overrated. Well not really, it had great setting, fight scenes were always well made, music was awesome, characters were good but most of the stories were just plain awful and that really killed the show for me. Samurai Champloo might not have cool setting as Bebop but overall the stories are just so much better, imo it's the better show.

Finally finished Cowboy Bebop and it is overrated. Well not really, it had great setting, fight scenes were always well made, music was awesome, characters were good but most of the stories were just plain awful and that really killed the show for me. Samurai Champloo might not have cool setting as Bebop but overall the stories are just so much better, imo it's the better show.

not sure about this, i remember when i saw bebop for the first time i just HAD to finish all of it as fast as i could, i was really into it, LOVING the show and the characters!

With Champloo, it's been almost a year now since i started watching it and i watch and episode once in a while but it doesn't draw me back in like Bebop did...

granted, this might have to do with the episodic nature of Bebop while Champloo is more standalone episodes but still!

Imo, it is VERY rare to find shows that are as great as CB in the anime genre, it really had it all!

survivor

Banned

Agree with you. Bebop isn't anything special at all and it's barely holding my interest to continue it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom