• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita western launch thread, p. 2 | Simply the most desirable handheld yet released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Just came home from Game with my Vita. They told me Lumines, Ninja Gaiden and Rayman were delayed. Funny how they weren't delayed over in HMV !!

Got a 3G, starter pack, 16GB card and 15 (yes) games, the last 6 months of saving has been worth it!!

Just the system updates to complete now!!!

Pics

Hawk269

Just came home from Game with my Vita. They told me Lumines, Ninja Gaiden and Rayman were delayed. Funny how they weren't delayed over in HMV !!

Got a 3G, starter pack, 16GB card and 15 (yes) games, the last 6 months of saving has been worth it!!

Just the system updates to complete now!!!

15 games? Fuck man, how much did you spend in total? My gamestop only had a total of 12 differen games, my local Toys R Us only has about 11 different games, Target is a clusterfuck and they only have like 8 different games.

So what games did you get in all?

Played a bit with my Vita before sleeping 3 hours and coming to work. Just had time to set it up and transfer NGS+ and P3P. Really love the look and feel of the system.

Still haven't played anything, but honestly I'll be pissed off and sad if this thing flops. I think it's a really awesome system.

Now my only question is what game should I buy next? Bought the system for Gravity Daze, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and Persona 4 The Golden. Beyond those I have no idea what I should get.

I'm kinda interested in DWN and Unit 13. Is Unit 13 going to have a lengthy SP campaign?

Zutroy

As always, you can rely on my store to fuck up. Got my Vita, but they haven't got any games in yet. Not even Fifa that was meant to be bundled with it.

Luckily, I've already got two games through the post, and another one due today, so it's not a huge deal, but means I'm missing Fifa and Uncharted until they get them in!

Anyway, updating the firmware just now!

Snowballo

Anyone get the F1 game yet? I need a good racing game now that it is confirmed that Ridge Racer is a piece of shit. Not really into the Wipeout games, although it looks fucking great..just never been into the wholve hover vehicle racing games. I know that Aphalt game is shit as well, so that only leaves F1, but cant find any impressions of it on the net.

Also, since I only had my PSP for the 1st year it was out, what are some of the best PSP games that work on the Vita?

I'm tempted too.
The reviews say it is a game between 7 and 8.
IGN gave it 7.0. Technically it looks impressive from the video.
I need an owner to hear his opinion.

spats

Anyone get the F1 game yet? I need a good racing game now that it is confirmed that Ridge Racer is a piece of shit. Not really into the Wipeout games, although it looks fucking great..just never been into the wholve hover vehicle racing games. I know that Aphalt game is shit as well, so that only leaves F1, but cant find any impressions of it on the net.

Also, since I only had my PSP for the 1st year it was out, what are some of the best PSP games that work on the Vita?

Based on Japanese impressions, the F1 game is supposed to be pretty shitty.

As for your other question, the GTA games, Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories, are pretty cool. Maybe LittleBigPlanet PSP too. At least I liked it a lot.

And Gran Turismo PSP of course. That game has to work on the Vita, right?

LordK

Got some online matches in VT4 in tonight. No americans seem to be playing. Ran into a bunch of japanese and got bodied :(. Though when you get someone who is your skill level, VT4 is really fun online. Though there is noticeable input lag that will cause you (and your opponent) to completely whiff the ball and get shitty serve power.

Got some time with Trails in the Sky as well for the first time since I bought it. So far I'm loving the music and the game is pretty decent (just at the beginning right now). For a PSP game, it looks sharp on on the Vita screen. Not much in the way of "upscaling" thanks to the exact doubling of resolution.

Played some UMVC3 on ad hoc today and that worked well. Played on PSN and that didn't work so well. Considerable amount of lag.

Gonna try hot shots golf soon and maybe pick up wipeout if my coworkers enjoy it. I'll probably rent NGSP. I already have NGS and platinumed NGS2.

But so far I'm very happy with the system. I hope it gets the jrpg support the PSP got.

Hawk269

Based on Japanese impressions, the F1 game is supposed to be pretty shitty.

As for your other question, the GTA games, Liberty City Stories & Vice City Stories, are pretty cool. Maybe LittleBigPlanet PSP too. At least I liked it a lot.

And Gran Turismo PSP of course. That game has to work on the Vita, right?

Wait GTPSP actually came out? God it was so long in development. Can anyone confirm how and if it works on the Vita. I need a racing game on teh Vita and it sounds like F1 is not too good, Asphalt is utter shit and Ridge Racer is a glorified demo with the non existent single player and hardly any tracks and cars. Makes me sad actually...Ridge Racer has been a great series and a staple launch title for Playstation for like forever and to hear how they fucked this one up is really sad.

Larsen B

I ordered a Vita last June and then promptly forgot all about ordering it until last night when Amazon sent me an "Order Dispatched" email. For the last few months, I wasn't planning to buy one at launch so now I have no idea whether to keep this or send it straight back.

It has no games and no memory card. Can I play any PSP games on this or does no memory card mean no games whatsoever?

Gustav

Banned
I ordered a Vita last June and then promptly forgot all about ordering it until last night when Amazon sent me an "Order Dispatched" email. For the last few months, I wasn't planning to buy one at launch so now I have no idea whether to keep this or send it straight back.

It has no games and no memory card. Can I play any PSP games on this or does no memory card mean no games whatsoever?

No PSP games. They need to be stored somewhere.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member

From the screenshots of the Japanese version I saw it looked absolutely horrible graphics wise , like sub native res straight 3DS port :/

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Damn this machine is so sexy.

Some publishers need a fucking clue with their PSN prices though. I'm looking at you Atlus/Capcom/Namco.

Victarion

Got my Vita today with Uncharted and a 4GB memory card. It's charging right now...

0jU6h.jpg

It doesn't really have a "campaign" as such. It's like, 30 levels of high score chasing.

Also, wipeout2048?

Damn, I wanted some kind of storyline or setup, even if it was a flimsy excuse for one. I know I'm going to love Syndicate just due to its setting.

I have Wipeout HD and Fury for the PS3 and don't play it that much...

Guess for the moment I'll consider DW and some PSP games I don't have.

spats

Wait GTPSP actually came out? God it was so long in development. Can anyone confirm how and if it works on the Vita. I need a racing game on teh Vita and it sounds like F1 is not too good, Asphalt is utter shit and Ridge Racer is a glorified demo with the non existent single player and hardly any tracks and cars. Makes me sad actually...Ridge Racer has been a great series and a staple launch title for Playstation for like forever and to hear how they fucked this one up is really sad.

It's the most played game on my PSP, bar none. There's no career mode the same way other GT games have had, but everything about the driving is top notch. Also one of the most technically impressive games on the system. 60fps and looks outright amazing at times.

see5harp

Really loving Hot Shots thus far aside from the obvious change in resolution the second the intro movie is over. I really still dislike the way updates, installs, and generally every system message is displayed. It's nice being able to update a game from the app hub thing, but if you are in the game it doesn't even install it automatically and reboot. Same with the online pass thing...you go to online and it asks you to input the code on the playstation store. Why wouldn't they just let you input the code right then and there? So I hit the PS button to input the code on the Store, now go back into the game and you get the same message. So you have to manually close the game, and then relaunch. I really think for as much as they got right with party chat, there are some things they could improve with this UI. Some of the icons seem a little busy as far as color, which makes them hard to identify. Of course, it's only been a few hours and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Hawk269

From the screenshots of the Japanese version I saw it looked absolutely horrible graphics wise , like sub native res straight 3DS port :/

Fuck...I mean, with the horse power this has, 512memory, dedicated video ram you would think that they could make a fucking decent launch racing game. This unit is so fucking impressive, but it seems like alot of games are not really showing what it can trully do. I just hope these lackluster efforts on many launch games is not a sign of no-confidence in the unit from developers.

Alright guys, I have a $20 off PSVITA games/accessories voucher from Amazon US that I received in lieu of a a 4GB card. Since I'm in Australia and refuse to pay a shitload for shipping I decided to give it to the first person to quote this post. Have fun!

EDIT: Gone.

Chittagong

Gold Member
just got mine from HMV on Oxford Street, I and another guy almost got shafted with my 3DS trade in price (the one they had was ridiculously low), only after an argument a knowledgeable employee came in and gave the right price. Could this be added to the OP?

WARNING - HMV UK buyers trading in a 3DS
- HMV cash register shows a much lower price for trading in a 3DS when reading the barcode from the sheet than it should.
- Check the price from the HMV Replay app before going
- If price at cashier ia wrong, insist they check it from the computer instead of reading the barcode

Game's "delay" is actually that Ubisoft wouldn't give them stock because they still are having issues with credit. Shame really as Lumines and Rayman are part of the best of the litter.

Still waiting for the HDNL driver to turn up, at least I know it's out there, which is better than play (seriously why ever go with Play.com for preorders? they always take more than they can handle or get stock for)

As an aside, does anyone know if the Amazon UK orders come with the pre-order pack? Keep hoping theres the outside chance we'll get one

koenigtee

Neo Member
Played a bit with my Vita before sleeping 3 hours and coming to work. Just had time to set it up and transfer NGS+ and P3P. Really love the look and feel of the system.

Still haven't played anything, but honestly I'll be pissed off and sad if this thing flops. I think it's a really awesome system.

Now my only question is what game should I buy next? Bought the system for Gravity Daze, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and Persona 4 The Golden. Beyond those I have no idea what I should get.

I'm kinda interested in DWN and Unit 13. Is Unit 13 going to have a lengthy SP campaign?

uncharted definitly and fifa, which is great too .

SHarris78

For those wanting pics i can't work out how to include a pic in NEOgaf, i've saved the pic to my PC but it wont attach to this reply.

Number45

For those wanting pics i can't work out how to include a pic in NEOgaf, i've saved the pic to my PC but it wont attach to this reply.

Upload it to imgur (you can just drag the file from your PC to the browser) and link it here. It'll give you some link options once the file is uploaded.

RoyalFool

Banned
Just got mine - lovely lovely. But my first impression is that the screen feels like it would scratch easily, and it won't let me use the other controls for a lot of the menus.. a bit concerned now.

Anybody else used one bare for a while, any problems?

Maybe I'm just too used to the iPhone glass surface.

So doing the math, a WiFi Vita, 16 GB card, Rayman, Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf would come out to $348.37 after tax if my friend lets me use his Target discount. Not too shabby. I may have a new toy come 8:00 tonight.

uncharted definitly and fifa, which is great too .

Uncharted looks great, but after 2 (which I thought was amazing) I kinda burned out and lost interest in the franchise.

As for Fifa, not a fan of football (or soccer for you americans). Don't find the sport interesting at all.

I thought about getting UMvC3, but I saw the price and laughed. Then I saw that I'd have to get Jill as DLC and the price for her and laughed some more. What the fuck is going on at Capcom?

spats

Wow, they don't have any Vita memory cards in any stores here in Denmark!
I'm calling them all and none of them have any.

There were no 16gb cards when I went looking around here in Finland so I had to settle for an 8gb one. I guess it's for the best, spent enough money today as it is haha.

see5harp

The Content Manager app is a little confusing. I'm just going to assume the Media Go software is the way to go for getting media on this device. Has anyone tried pointing Content Manager to a folder with over 100 gigs of music in it?

Hawk269

F14.jpg

From the OS level screencap thread.

Holy Shit..that cannot be a vita game can it? That looks disgusting...I mean, it looks really bad.

Asphalt - Just a cluster fuck
F1 - Horrid/Bad/Disgusting/Disgraceful
Ridge Racer - Horrid/Bad
Mod Nation Racers - Cool looking..but big f'up on not having MP
Wipeout - Looks f'n great

First 5 racing games on Vita and only 2 seem to be competent, 1 of them lacks MP functions, which really leaves Wipeout...which you have to be a hover/racing type of person to like it.

That is just fucking sad. Man...really disapointed. Thank god for the other launch titles that seem to be pretty good.

Pachimari

There were no 16gb cards when I went looking around here in Finland so I had to settle for an 8gb one. I guess it's for the best, spent enough money today as it is haha.

Here they don't have anything at all, it's real weird.
I need one now while I await my 32GB memory card, cause I have to get reviews up.

Number45

The Content Manager app is a little confusing. I'm just going to assume the Media Go software is the way to go for getting media on this device. Has anyone tried pointing Content Manager to a folder with over 100 gigs of music in it?

MediaGo doesn't work with the Vita.

Anyone know if Sony is going to release a bigger memory card in the future?

Or will 32GB be the biggest one? I’ll need more space so it’s a little annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom