• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Nice video, Hardan. If you were a bit luckier we would have been racing for position at the end of the race!

Crumbs, that's great. I'll upload it from my perspective tomorrow. Basically, the reason we FLY across the track is because I rammed Lucius in to the wall, but rather than wreck him like I wanted it to it somehow bounced us off and I went flying into the opposite wall, wrecking :( It looks kinda boring from my angle tbh.

kharma45

Here's my 'highlights', continued my pattern of good race-bad race, good race-bad race with this week being the bad after a good outing last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFaisBjmLu8&hd=1

Fucked up at the first corner, carried in too much speed probably, if it hadn't been the first lap I'd maybe have made it but when I went to turn in I ended up clipping Rambo's back wheel, still don't understand how I managed to spin out. Could be partly down to my tyres being a bit worn already after quali (I thought we'd start with rain), they were at 70-something percent from the off hence my need to pit 3 laps in.

After that I made the mistake of choosing option tyres instead of primes so I had to pit twice before the rain came, and then inters weren't working for me so I had to pit again for wets which didn't help me trying to catch up.

Did manage to get within 50 seconds of Hardan at one point during the race, but then the leaders caught me up so in letting people past the gap ended up at around 60s at the end I think. If it had been a full race I *might* have been able to catch up but it'd have been a slim chance. All I know is I was a damn site better in the rain than in the dry, at least I could make the tyres last.

Anyway, enough rambling from me.

Mad_Ban

So eeer....

Quali was interesting.

Don't know if I'll make the superleague next week yet. It's a high priority to get a new USB adapter now because it's just fucking embarassing.

Salacious Crumb

I was just playing through career mode and my HUD became a tiny mirror image of itself:
1080P screenshot said:
f1_20112012-02-2611-0sdk7k.png

I was just playing through career mode and my HUD became a tiny mirror image of itself:

It's cos you live down under.

I'll watch the other vids tomorrow, but here is my highlight vid.

2010 champ vs 2011 champ.

Qualifying was stupid. Lucius backed out of a hot lap which took me off guard. I went to swerve around him to go in to the pits but I had DRS open and span. BAM. Out of quali, back of the grid.

THANKFULLY it didn't ruin my race. 15 races of awesomeness with Lucius to be had here. There was more after this, but hey, this is enough for now! It was probably the best racing I've ever had - so close, a few bumps, but all very fair and tense.

My favourite bit was when Lucius and I were scrapping with Orgun on lap 14. There were times we were all wheel-to-wheel. What a great end to the league!

Orgun

Nice vid. For half the race it could have gone either way, we were really close, but I think you were that little bit faster. Changing to full wets cost you loads.

Thanks. Yeah you're right, I shouldn't have listened to Lucius and Foli but no one to blame for that but myself :) With my graphics turned right down I just didnt have confidence that the track was displaying the right levels of water. It wasn't until around lap 30 that I started to think I should probably be on Inters but then I was setting green sectors and Foli was 50 seconds behind.

Really enjoyed the battles we had.

Looking forward to the mini-league.

Also, fuck MGM for removing the audio on my video!

edit: Also, whoever destroyed that 50m marker on the last corner... I hate you! That really messed me up :)

Poor Phleg, didn't even make it to the first corner.

These vids are all really good. I just need to add them to the best of video I'm making and then we're officially done for league 1 :)

I was thinking that before next Saturday for the mini-league:
- I'll do the new draw so we have our new cars/teams.
- Everyone should get setups for each track now because there won't be time between each race for timing purposes.
- If you disconnect which people likely are to we'll reinvite you and wait in garage to get you back in the race to try and prevent people from missing as few races as possible.
- The grid should be REVERSE, not random, to make things a bit more interesting? I think it would be cool to have people who are usually nearer the back leading the races for a different dynamic?

Sound good?

Also, Staab, Stop It and Crumbs you have 24hrs to answer that PM or you're being left out of final post :(

Orgun

These vids are all really good. I just need to add them to the best of video I'm making and then we're officially done for league 1 :)

I was thinking that before next Saturday for the mini-league:
- I'll do the new draw so we have our new cars/teams.
- Everyone should get setups for each track now because there won't be time between each race for timing purposes.
- If you disconnect which people likely are to we'll reinvite you and wait in garage to get you back in the race to try and prevent people from missing as few races as possible.
- The grid should be REVERSE, not random, to make things a bit more interesting? I think it would be cool to have people who are usually nearer the back leading the races for a different dynamic?

Sound good?

All sounds good to me

untitled-18pbhm.png

qualifying-resultspxjb2.png

race-results61j3v.png

current-driver-standinwkp0.png

current-constructor-sl6kuj.png

ibpXhe5CqRZ6DN.gif

1gsxa0.png

1st: Foliorum Viridum
2nd: Kyaw
3rd: Orgun

Video Highlights:
Lucius86
Salacious Crumbs

2d1zu6.png

1st: Phleg
2nd: Orgun
3rd: Staab

3sebgu.png

1st: Speech
2nd: Foliorum Viridum

Video Highlights:
Foliorum Viridum
Salacious Crumbs

4rgx5k.png

1st: Lucius86

Video Highlights:
Lucius86
Foliorum Viridum
Staab
Salacious Crumbs

5qexu6.png

2nd: Speech
3rd: Frawdder

Video Highlights:
Foliorum Viridum

6klaxk.png

2nd: Speech
3rd: Salacious Crumbs

Video Highlights:
Lucius86
Foliorum Viridum
Staab
Salacious Crumbs

7kyb7i.png

3rd: Kyaw

Video Highlights:
Lucius86
Foliorum Viridum
Orgun

84mb1e.png

2nd: Orgun
3rd: Salacious Crumbs

Video Highlights:
Lucius86
Foliorum Viridum
Salacious Crumbs
Orgun
Kharma45

9v7ac8.png

1st: Salacious Crumbs
3rd: Speech

Video Highlights:
Lucius86
Foliorum Viridum
Staab
Salacious Crumbs
The Mana Legend
Hardan
Kharma45

10uqxuc.png

1st: Kyaw
2nd: Salacious Crumbs
3rd: Speech

Video Highlights:
Lucius86
Foliorum Viridum
Orgun
Salacious Crumbs
Kharma45
Hardan

• 6 different winners.
  • Lucius86 and Foliorum Viridum tied for most wins with 3 each.
  • Foliorum Viridum on the podium the most times with 7.
  • Phleg had the most DNFs
  • Stop It missed the most races.
  • Average drivers per race was 12.
  • Over 1000 posts in the F1 2011 thread since race 1.

untitled-1soeco.png

The Mana Legend said:
My favorite moments are always the first lap of every race, of which I always seem to be the one that loses the battle and spins out when I go three wide with others in the corners! But for a while it's super exciting until I crash.

Orgun said:
Flying past FV and Crumbs on India after changing to dry tyres to make the championship battle a lot closer

Lucius86 said:
Orgun's spraying arse comment at Monaco.

Mad_Ban said:
Has to be winning in Canada. Throughout the entire weekend I'd been a second or so slower than Orgun and Kyaw around the track. The move I made into the final chicane is on the first lap is what won me the race, even though I was harried by Orgun the entire way.

Another has to be getting pole position in Budapest by half a tenth, even though it fucked up my race.

Foliorum Viridum said:
It's hard not to say Orgun crashing out in Catalunya, as my reaction reflected during the race. I think my close battle with Speech in Spa, and Orgun and Kyaw in Hungary top that, though, as it was just fantastic racing from top to bottom.

Above all, however, was my clash with Lucius at Brazil. The best racing I've ever experienced - simple as that!

kharma45 said:
Thus far it would have to be my battles with Lach at Budapest and Catalunya. Pretty fair racing with a good competitive streak, we traded the odd bit of paint from time to time but it really encapsulated the competitiveness throughout the field, not only at the front.

Monaco too as it was my first race, managed 5th in the wet which I was quite pleased about.

Kyaw said:
Overtaking Orgun at Monza, Vettel style. Hungary race, the whole thing! India Pole position.

Speech said:
Spa. Was a great race, made even better by the fact I won!

Staab said:
Battling it out in SPA and Monza, some really tight moments and overall good races

Salacious Crumb said:
India was my highlight of the season. Being knocked back to last place in the first two turns and fighting my way back to second was extremely satisfying. I ended up finshing third, but I think a race win would've been possible if we were smarter with our tyre strategy.

untitled-193ii2.png

The Mana Legend said:
My least favorite moments are whenever I spun out during those first laps because it's so damn hectic and I'm trying my hardest not to crash other people.

Orgun said:
Computer fucking up and binning me in the wall at Catalunya to lose me any chance of the WDC and giving FV the title!

Lucius86 said:
Losing my crown :-(

Mad_Ban said:
Definitely my disconnects and my nets inability to use Mumble, meaning I've missed out on all the banter this season and had to make do with watching the highlights.

Another one has to be the amount of rainy races we've had this season. I'm more than happy enough to race them but they take away a lot of the fun you get from dry races.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Having an engine failure in Montreal really sucked because I love the track.

Kharma45 said:
It's honestly hard to think of any. Even when I've driven shit I've enjoyed it for the most part.

Kyaw said:
Wet tyre glitches in Suzuka and India. Losing out podium in Spa because my own damn mistake.

Speech said:
Crashing out a Monaco, and the race at Budapest. I just didn't have the pace to compete, and it didn't help that I was smashing into anything that moved, and a lot of things that didn't move.

Staab said:
Half the races: being at the back of the pack with no setup and no idea how to drive the circuit (India especially) was really painful and not fun at all.

Salacious Crumb said:
Monaco... Nothing more needs to be said.

untitled-1k8fk0.png

The Mana Legend said:
Performed pretty shittily because I can never make it past the first lap without wrecking! But once I'm a couple laps in, I become just as fast as the rest of the field and can compete. I just need to work on those first laps, and once I do I'll be much more competitive.

Orgun said:
Much better than I expected after the terrible 2010 season I had. At least I'm not spinning EVERY race now

Lucius86 said:
Not how I expected. A contrast to F1 2010 - raw pace has disappeared, but consistency has gone up. Having said that, too many mistakes cost me this season - I should have at least made the title race go to Brazil.

Mad_Ban said:
I think I've had the speed to contend for the championship, but silly little errors in the races haven't helped my cause (can't blame disconnects for everything). I'm really proud with my pole ratio this season, even though they haven't converted into points at the end of the day.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Considering I didn't even get a podium in all of our 2010 leagues I feel really proud to be champion. I'm not the fastest, I'm not the best at strategy and I think that a lot of other people would have beat me had circumstances been different, but I had a lot of great drives, some memorable victories and I found my consistency.

Kyaw said:
I think I did pretty good with little practice. I could do a lot better though.

Speech said:
Felt I didn't do too badly, my speed wasn't great, but consistency enabled me to get enough points to stay near the top of the league.

Staab said:
Accordingly to my preparation (none): BAD.

Salacious Crumb said:

untitled-1zdv0b.png

The Mana Legend said:
Closest rival? Myself.

Orgun said:

Lucius86 said:
Crumbs. Literally every race we have a ding-dong. And his Australia Internet and horrible accent makes overtaking him so much harder. Foster's drinking tosser.

Mad_Ban said:
Speed-wise I have to say Crumbs. The guy is crazy fast and he's in another league when he's on song and not lagging his way around the track. If anything he's making me contemplate using me wheel full time to try and match his pace.

Close behind him is definitely FV. We've had so many battles this season that have been clean and fun and I don't think I'd have enjoyed the season as much without them. He's definitely a deserving champ for simply having both raw pace AND consistency.

Foliorum Viridum said:
As the championship got closer and closer it's impossible to say anyone but Orgun. Right up until Spain it was possible for him to topple me and we had a genuinely exciting battle going on for races. Outside of that, Speech and Phleg both pushed me really hard in several races and I had some close fights with them.

kharma45 said:
Got to be Lach. Hopefully when I eventually get a wheel I can stand up to the challenge.

Kyaw said:
I actually have no idea. I'm going with Orgun because he's my teammate.
He did turn out to be the better one though! We'll see next season/league. :)

Speech said:
I guess that would have to be Orgun, we seem pretty closely matched.

Staab said:
Acrid, since he doesn't show up he's an easy rival, otherwise Hardan, good ole swiss rivalry!

Salacious Crumb said:
Frawdder lives the closetest to me, but we never actually raced against each other.

untitled-1gd0n7.png

The Mana Legend said:
I am going to approach the second league by taking it easy on the first couple of laps, and then driving hard for the rest of the race. Me trying to pass everyone on the first lap is not working out so well.

Orgun said:
Slightly to the left

Lucius86 said:
- I wish I could get more practice in, but work dictates I can't. Be more decisive in completing overtakes (left the door open too often looking back at vids!), and improve consistency.

Mad_Ban said:
Exactly the same as I approached this one except maybe with an eye on setups that focus on race-pace as opposed to qualifying pace. It's not been fun sliding around on worn options 2 laps before anyone else.

Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm going to have fun and try and have a good battle every race. I have ZERO expectations of winning the league again, so no matter where I stand on the leaderboard I'll be happy as long as every race is fun. Despite being defending champ, all pressure will be off.

kharma45 said:
More practice so I can attack the track better. Plus hopefully as well as a wheel a mic too so I can join in with the banter and I can serenade you with my Northern Irish tones.

Kyaw said:
More practice, I guess. And more daring moves.

Staab said:
I'll try to at least get a decent setup for each track so I can somewhat enjoy the races :p

Salacious Crumb said:
From behind, with a chloroform soaked rag.

untitled-15e3ib.png

The Mana Legend said:
Uhhh, FUCK CATALUNYA!

Orgun said:
Better fix that leaky arse Foli, still spraying everywhere.

Lucius86 said:
Mad Ban should have been in the running for the champ win. That poor poor man... Even though I have not won this year, F1 2011 Season 1 was an absolute triumph, and I loved it. I'm still the real gaf champ... and you can't take the title away from me.

Mad_Ban said:
Really looking forward to the second league and finally claiming my rightful champi----

LOST CONNECTION TO PHLEG01

Foliorum Viridum said:
Considering how awful the game launch was it's amazing that our league was as good as it was. It was great so many people from 2010 continued, we found a bunch of cool new guys and the 120+ hours I've racked up now have been some of the best gaming action I've had.

kharma45 said:
Just that Codemasters better get their arse in gear (pardon the pun) for F1 2012, as although F1 2011 is a big step up from last year a lot of the bugs are still totally unacceptable.

Staab said:
Congrats on the championship, hard fought battle and even though you're a cunt, you did good !

Oh and thanks for the race previews / summaries, they were nice :p (lacked some banter and interviews but eh, to be expected from you!)

Salacious Crumb said:
Fuck Codemasters and their stupid ironic name.

Special thanks:

Kyaw for doing the graphics and the tables every week. It's more of a pain updating a table every week than you would think (trust me I know!) and he's always been quick, as well as providing quality looking stuff.
SunhiLegend for two great gifs, one of which I use every week!

2012-logoxajnv.png

bannerext4lz7.png

I was busy doing this post, so there's no video for this drawing, but I promise I did do it the same way as last time! These are the teams for league 2:

Hardan - Red Bull
Foliorum Viridum - Red Bull
Mana Legend - McLaren
Salacious Crumbs - McLaren
Orgun - Ferarri
Acrid - Ferarri
Speech - Renault
Kyaw - Renault
Phleg - Force India
Lucius - Force India
Stop It - Williams
Fixed1979 - Williams
Staab - Mercedes
Omiee - Mercedes
Kharma - Sauber
Ctw0e - Sauber

schedulevscff.png

Mar 10th - 19 Race mini league
Mar 17th - Malaysia
Mar 24th - China
Mar 31st - Turkey
Apr 7th - Valencia
Apr 14th- Silverstone
Apr 21st - Germany
Apr 28th - Singapore
May 5th - Korea
May 12th - Abu Dhabi

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

The end. Hopefully you guys think I've done a decent job for this :)

kharma45

Great post there FV, and great highlights too. I was gonna do a video round-up too but I doubt I can match yours :p I'll still try when I've got time.

So Sauber eh? At least their car looks reasonably good. I'll try not to let you down Ctw0e :p I just hope you're a top-end driver to get our team some points as I'll not be getting many!

Salacious Crumb

What a great video, we had some fucking laughs this season.

Pretty stoked about the teams for next season as well, I was hoping for either Mclaren or Renault.

edit: Fantastic work on the graphics Kyaw.

Haha, I see how it is!

Carrying the grudge into the next league, eh?

Also, I think I might push back the races one week with a break this Sat, because I now know of four people who can't make the mini-league and that's a bit shit. I'll revise the schedule now.

Kyaw

edit: Fantastic work on the graphics Kyaw.

Thank you sir!

I gotta thank F1fanatic for their awesome pictures though.

Also, I won't be able to make the mini-league next Saturday... going up to Cambridge for some Uni thing. :(

Lucius86

Banned
Oh, great. So the person who I thought should have won this years league just so happens to be my team mate for season 2?

Fucking broken draw. I want to be the undoubted number 1 driver!

Oh, and thanks for using one of the worst pics of me. Appreciated.

Thanks guys! That vid took more time than I'd care to admit, but it was worth it, haha.

Oh good god...teammate with Foli?!?!?

I'm looking forward to it! You gave me absolutely no room on that first lap of Brazil and it was great racing. A shame you ran wide on the first corner and let Lucius and I slip by you, because that could've been an interesting struggle.

And, just so everyone knows in case they missed it in the last post, every race has been pushed back a week with the mini-league being on the 10th! A one week gap won't kill us and it means that we'll have a better number for the mini-league.

Lach

shame, missing China instead of Germany. But I'm okay with having a break this week. Gives me time to go ahead in my carreer which I feel helps my overall driving a lot.

Damn it still bugs me that I'll have to miss 4 races (hmm.. I need to check if my wheel fits in my luggage :) ). I'll probably ruin any of Red Bulls ambition of competing in constructor's championship.

Mad_Ban

Anyone up for some racing tonight? I've got a new wireless adapter so I'll be wanting to test it out to see if everything's fixed. :)

I'll load into mumble as the ultimate test :p

AcridMeat

Banned
My router decided to stop working Friday night, still don't have a new one yet. Great final post for this league, hopefully I can take a greater part in this next one.

Phleg's connection issues seem to be sorted. He was in Mumble (just listening like Speech and breathing heavy - creep!) and didn't disconnect from any of our races.

League 2 champ decided before we begin, then.

AcridMeat

Banned
Phleg's connection issues seem to be sorted. He was in Mumble (just listening like Speech and breathing heavy - creep!) and didn't disconnect from any of our races.

League 2 champ decided before we begin, then.

On the note of connections, as a result of all the BS going on with my internet at home, I'll be getting a faster connection installed the 12th. The possibilities are endless as a result of this.

I don't know if it will work, but it has Ferarri branding, so it's instantly inferior to the LogitechGT!

Hey guys, I'd like to join the league again. Windows Live is xMetninjax , lemme know what's up, I'm subbed and ready to race!
It's full, I'm afraid. You can pop by on Saturdays to see if there's a spot or two open, though. There usually should be.

kharma45

Been offered a nearly new Logitech Driving Force GT for £65, very tempted.

Also, doesn't feel like a Saturday without a race :(

Guys, I have some bad news. I hereby retire from F1 2011 indefinitely after a shocking blow by legend EdgMed on YouTube.

EdgMed said:
This is so ridiculous...worst driving i have ever seen in simracing

Devastated.

In other news, MINI LEAGUE this weekend. Gonna get some practice in tonight as the rest of my week will be full of essay writing. You boys game? It's been a while!

Lucius86

Banned
Guys, I have some bad news. I hereby retire from F1 2011 indefinitely after a shocking blow by legend EdgMed on YouTube.

Devastated.

In other news, MINI LEAGUE this weekend. Gonna get some practice in tonight as the rest of my week will be full of essay writing. You boys game? It's been a while!

He's got a few new comments on his vids. Like here.

Can't make tonight, my footy team is on Sky and I need to hit the gym after a weekend of booze.

Orgun

Devastated.

Haha, he's right though! :D

I'm game. I'll probably be on Tribes Ascend but just ping me on steam.

Top Bottom