• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

prix20-600x400.jpg

Feels fucking good. Intense race. Certainly a memorable way to become champion - sorry for any deafness caused when Orgun crashed!

:D

Pretty lucky to get this, I'm probably not even in the top 5 best drivers in this league.

Orgun

Gutted. Fucking computer decides that even though we've been racing on that track ALL week it decides that today it's going to suddenly drop to 7 fps at random and throw me into a wall. Blargh.

Fun race up until that happened.

Lach

My video's 16:46 at the moment. Need to watch it to see where I can cut it down some more. But Lap my 5 lap-long fight with kharma is awesome. I'm really overcarefull when it comes to overtakes. I want them to be clean and nice.

kharma45

I'm so glad to see so many people recording :D

Went a lot smoother for me this week too, last week it'd be 60fps for a few minutes then dip to 30fps for a few minutes, then back up to 60 like a yoyo.

Thankfully this week I had a solid 60 so it was much easier to race.

kharma45

Looks like it's going to be a long time before my video uploads, 1Mb upload speed ftl.

WLMM keeps messing up when I try to stitch all the videos together and then save it to further compress it down, so I'm having to again upload all the parts of my video one by one to YouTube. All 1.24GB of it :(

Surprised you didn't lose your wing with that crash at the 2:08 mark! Lucky boy :p

Yeah, that was a big impact. Your race was going pretty well other than that - shame about the pitting by mistake! And I love you awarding me the calm celebrating award. Cheers babe!

My highlights!

Such an intense race.

The first few corners were mayhem. I got shoved off, hit Staab as I went back on, had wheel-to-wheel action with Hardan and then ended up in the gravel when I somehow got myself wedged between the two Renaults. Not sure how I managed that, heat of the moment and all, so sorry guys!

On the first lap I managed to squeeze past Speech on one of the final corners which I think was a great move, felt really fun to do. I also managed to just squeeze past James as Lucius overtook him as well - bit of contact but I think it was clean enough!

I traded quite a few good laps with Phleg and Orgun before Orgun crashed out and secured my championship. Not the most noble way to win, but I'll take it and it certainly was dramatic!

I had a bit of fun with the last minute or two of the video because hey, why not! I'm only going to experience this once I'm sure. I was really surprised to finish second after all of the drama on the first lap, but Crumbs was always going to win. Dominating drive by him.

Salacious Crumb

Didn't really enjoy that race much despite winning it. The first 5 laps or so were great, Orgun was really hounding me and we changed positions multiple times, but after that it was just loneliness for 25 laps. I much prefer to be finishing 4th or 5th and being right in the chaos.

Anyway, Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmX6B0uRGbY

The first half of my vid is actually one of the practice races we had before the race, where Orgun and Foli had an epic duel which resulted in one of Folis finest overtakes at 1:45. The actual race starts at 3:05

Great vids Hardan and James.

I feel like I've seen the race from every perspective nearly now! I'm so glad more people are finally recording, it will make our second league very interesting.

kharma45

Amazing start! And really nice save on lap 7.

Love the duel you and Hardan had!

Thanks :) I've become quite good at starts now, just need to be able to cut out the errors during races to maintain positions I gain, at least for as long as I can.

Yeah we had a good fight during the race had a similarly excellent one in Budapest too but neither of us were recording. It was that race that made me want to start as it would've been excellent footage to have shown off.

Cheers for the kind words too FV!

Great vids Hardan and James.

I feel like I've seen the race from every perspective nearly now! I'm so glad more people are finally recording, it will make our second league very interesting.

Well, it really helps that we're recording with fully legal copies of that video recording device.

That said, you bitches are done at Brazil (unless it rains). I am going to go so fucking slow during the first lap as to avoid getting fucked by some shithead cunt who decides to not give me any racing room.

What did I actually do to you? :p I can't see you on my vid so it must've happened behind me or in a blind spot.

Please forgive me sir for I have sinned.

It's actually 100% my fault because I had way more room than I had thought judging from one of those other videos. But you were right there, and I bounced off from you and spun out, so I blame you for being there. Fucker.

That's okay then because one bad mistake took out James and Staab. I didn't need a third driver on my conscious.

Well, you did almost fuck everyone up right on the first corner. Which caused everyone to bunch up like that, which caused us to go three wide into that corner, which caused me to wreck.

So it's your fault.

1. Foliorum Viridum
2. Speech
3. Orgun
4. Kyaw
5. Lucius
6. Hardan
7. Salacious Crumbs
8. Phleg
9. Acrid
10. Kharma
11. Mana Legend

xx. Stop It
xx. Staab
xx. Omiee
xx. Fixed

(They would get priority since they were in this league and/or asked first. I don't know if they're in or not yet.)

If not:

xx. Animal?
xx. Ctw0e

So we have 11 confirmed, 4 possible ones, and 2 people who have shown interest. I'll give it a bit longer for those four guys to decide if they want in or not, then I'll let you know if there's a space :)

Edit: Although, that is a total of 17 people! So if you want back in, then yeah, that should be able to work if Animal didn't want a spot. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone, but it is 1am...

Well, you did almost fuck everyone up right on the first corner. Which caused everyone to bunch up like that, which caused us to go three wide into that corner, which caused me to wreck.

So it's your fault.

I got rammed hard on the first corner. Blame whoever missed the braking point!

Lach

I just did some early morning calculating.

About that 19 - 3 laps race thingy. Let's say that it's about 10 minutes per race (about 7 minutes acutal racing and 3 minutes load times and setup), it's going to be over 3 hours. It's going to be epic!

I just did some early morning calculating.

About that 19 - 3 laps race thingy. Let's say that it's about 10 minutes per race (about 7 minutes acutal racing and 3 minutes load times and setup), it's going to be over 3 hours. It's going to be epic!

We can set it up so it goes from one race to another without going to the lobby so the load should be like 1 minute rather than 3.

Maybe we should look into starting earlier though, we'd just need to make sure it was okay with Mana and Acrid.

Also, I might have something cool for our mini-league. I also might not, so I'll stay quiet until I know for sure :)

You caught some good stuff in spectator mode. I love watching from those angles! Nicely edited with the music too!

Edit: Rambo is okay with starting an hour earlier for our mini league. I'll need to check with Acrid if he's planning on taking part too though since that would be like 7:30am for him or something...

Orgun

We can set it up so it goes from one race to another without going to the lobby so the load should be like 1 minute rather than 3.

Maybe we should look into starting earlier though, we'd just need to make sure it was okay with Mana and Acrid.

Also, I might have something cool for our mini-league. I also might not, so I'll stay quiet until I know for sure :)

You caught some good stuff in spectator mode. I love watching from those angles! Nicely edited with the music too!

Edit: Rambo is okay with starting an hour earlier for our mini league. I'll need to check with Acrid if he's planning on taking part too though since that would be like 7:30am for him or something...

Cheers Champ, I was listening to it while recording and noticed it was almost the same length of the video so just slotted it in. :) Did have more footage but was getting lazy by that point heh

kharma45

What headsets do you guys use for PC gaming?

All I have is a desktop mic and it picks up all kinds of noise, hence why I only ever listen in with Mumble.

Top Bottom