• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

If the 25th is the last race of the league, we could say the week after is our fun mid-season league where we do that, then the Saturday after that we start league 2?

Edit: I see Orgun suggested the same thing on the last page. Great minds!

Lach

Ok, I've played around with fraps yesterday. I manage to run at FullHD with 60fps while recording. It generates 50s files, about 4GB per File. I guess fraps limits the file size to 4GB.

I expect 400-600GB Data per weekend :)

kharma45

Ok, I've played around with fraps yesterday. I manage to run at FullHD with 60fps while recording. It generates 50s files, about 4GB per File. I guess fraps limits the file size to 4GB.

I expect 400-600GB Data per weekend :)

Hopefully we'll have another good duel this weekend and we'll both get recordings of it :p

You might want to test your performance in an online race if you haven't, Lach. I get much better performance offline than I do online for some reason.

Also, for new page, can we please have some more votes for league 2:

1: All 9 tracks we've yet to do so far. (FV, Kharma, Phleg, Orgun, Lach, Crumbs)
2: A 5/6 race league of the best (voted) unraced tracks of the 9.
3: 6 new tracks, with 2/3 from this league thrown in. (Kyaw)

6-1 for #1 at the moment.

I might as well say that these are the confirmed people in for League 2: FV, Kharma, Phleg, Orgun, Lach, Crumbs, Kyaw and Mana.

Since we won't have a full 16, I've put word out we're looking for drivers. I'm not sure how much that will do, but hey.

Lach

You might want to test your performance in an online race if you haven't, Lach. I get much better performance offline than I do online for some reason.

I was recording on the race we had yesterday.

Would be cool if we got one or two new drivers. I like that we had constantly 10-12 drivers over the last weeks.

Edit: I guess Lucius and Acrid will also continue?

Lucius definitely will. I was just waiting for official votes before adding to that list.

Acrid I'm not sure of - he's had shit luck and he hasn't been around since Hungary. Staab said he wasn't enjoying it much anymore. Stop It has only been to a few races so I'm not sure about him. CazzBside hasn't been in a race since Monaco so he's definitely out.

Our lowest possible number is 9, which is okay, but if we can find more I'd really like to. It's when numbers started to drop that our second league died last year. 12 is the sweet spot, so if anyone knows someone on GAF who might want to race, send 'em this way!

Speech

can we please have some more votes for league 2:

1: All 9 tracks we've yet to do so far. (FV, Kharma, Phleg, Orgun, Lach, Crumbs)
2: A 5/6 race league of the best (voted) unraced tracks of the 9.
3: 6 new tracks, with 2/3 from this league thrown in. (Kyaw)

6-1 for #1 at the moment.

I might as well say that these are the confirmed people in for League 2: FV, Kharma, Phleg, Orgun, Lach, Crumbs, Kyaw and Mana.

I'll put a vote in for option 1.

Option 1 is what I will vote for.

Did a practice race today and went really well. I'm not very fast (I can't get above 1:20 in race), but I also haven't tried to tweak my setup any.

8-1 for #1 then. Pretty much decided.

Feb 18th - Spain
Feb 25th - Brazil
Mar 3rd - 19 Race mini league
Mar 10th - Malaysia
Mar 17th - China
Mar 24th - Turkey
Mar 31st - Valencia
Apr 7th - Silverstone
Apr 14th - Germany
Apr 21st - Singapore
Apr 28th - Korea
May 5th - Abu Dhabi
May 12th - Have a social life again

Confirmed for League 2: FV, Kharma, Phleg, Orgun, Lach, Crumbs, Kyaw, Mana and Speech.

kharma45

Just as a heads up I won't be able to make the Apr 21st Singapore GP as I'll be away on a field trip to Cyprus.

Should be fine for the rest.

Lach

Yeah I just remembered/realized that I will miss 4 races (Turkey, Valencia, Silverstone and Germany) as I'll be in Japan! Kinda sucks...

You're not joining our league. We have a strong no homophobes rule.

But for anyone else who is wondering, PC.

(If you want to know why mclaren777 isn't allowed in our league: link 1, link 2, link 3. We pride ourself on being a nice group of guys having fun, he is a hateful person who goes against that.)

Lucius86

Banned
You're not joining our league. We have a strong no homophobes rule.

But for anyone else who is wondering, PC.

(If you want to know why mclaren777 isn't allowed in our league: link 1, link 2, link 3. We pride ourself on being a nice group of guys having fun, he is a hateful person who goes against that.)

I have kept out of this thing for a while now - but I am speaking out now and I have to agree 100% with FV. I would not feel comfortable racing against you McLaren.

Anyway, sorry I have been not on this thread much this week, I have been EXTREMELY busy.

mclaren777

Bummer. I only have the PS3 version.

Keep up the great work, guys. It's been a lot of fun to watch the aftermath of your league races. ;)

I have kept out of this thing for a while now - but I am speaking out now and I have to agree 100% with FV. I would not feel comfortable racing against you McLaren.

Anyway, sorry I have been not on this thread much this week, I have been EXTREMELY busy.

... Crying himself to sleep he's going to lose the title of champ.

Lucius makes 10. Omiee 11 if he does join us.

Hopefully Acrid, Stop it and Staab will stick with us, even if it's not every race. I've also contacted Fixed to see if he'd like to make a return since he was fast last year.

I think we can make this work even if we don't get any new blood.

Hahaha, I was doing a good job of keeping up with you guys and then I almost lost it around the middle of lap three and just gave up. I really need to stop sucking at that one part in Section 2. I lose so much time there.

Lucius86

Banned
DRUNK F1 IS BEST F1.

>_>

lolzwvov.jpg

Shaneus

Ahaha, that's quite possibly the best timeline I've ever seen.

Should the earth get shifted off it's axis and we all get put in a closer timezone or something, I'm in.

Hahaha, fuck man, I feel like a little bitch. Right when I looked at that picture of you drunk fucks, I was a pansy with the Coca-Cola bottle in my hand.

And SHIT, I fell for it. I was looking at that picture and saw the "1 Notification" indicator in the picture, and I went to click it. Goddammit. I feel even more pathetic now.

Lucius86

Banned
Hahaha, fuck man, I feel like a little bitch. Right when I looked at that picture of you drunk fucks, I was a pansy with the Coca-Cola bottle in my hand.

And SHIT, I fell for it. I was looking at that picture and saw the "1 Notification" indicator in the picture, and I went to click it. Goddammit. I feel even more pathetic now.

yes boy

Orgun

Legend

Orgun

Legend x2

Lucius86

Banned

YES BOY X2

I've never been called a cunt so much in my life. I love it!

It is sad that now my only wins in F1 2011 online come from a drunken grand prix. Shit I suck at this game!

He deserved it.

iTpqF1s2mUZSu.png

iIHwYZhIm00HS.gif

The inaugural Indian grand prix last weekend was as dramatic as many expected, with unexpected rain and a lack of dogs on the track allowing Lucius86 to try a radical tyre strategy that won him the race. Crumbs and Foliorum Viridum weren't so smart with their tactics, trying to see how long they could make intermediate tyres last on a dry as a bone track once the rain stopped falling. This idiotic decision allowed Orgun to steal both their positions on a brand new set of option tyres in a move which is keeping his championship bid alive.

His championship bid might be compromised by an alleged booze cruise last night with the 2010 champion and his nearest rival for the title. Many reports say that the three drivers were driving aggressively and targeted newcomer Rambo in viscous attacks.

Regardless of how the championship plays out over the next two races, the FIA have announced the schedule for the next NeoGAF league which features many tracks which have been overlooked on the current season. With the rules stating that new teams must be decided, how the next championship will play out is a complete unknown.

jC0pSIHF6QK6G.png

jeAdXvrwkYyXx.png

schedulevscff.png

• Saturday February 18th, 4:30GMT
  • Qualifying will take place immediately before the race.
  • All drivers are asked to get to the paddock 10 minutes early.
  • A Steam chatroom will be open before, during and after for all drivers and groupies.
  • Please ensure you have fellow participants on Games for Windows Live, the official sponsor of the NeoGAF league.

Going to be an interesting race for Orgun and I.

FV, Kharma, Phleg, Orgun, Lach, Crumbs, Kyaw, Mana, Speech, Lucius, Omiee and Acrid all confirmed for league 2. Stop It, Staab and Fixed are maybes.

Top Bottom