• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2011 |OT| Not bad for a number 2 game

Salacious Crumb

That race last year was the first one I ever recorded, and it demonstrates just how bad Orgun was in 2010 :p, regardless of whoever wins the championship this year, Orgun definitely wins the 'Most Improved' award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8-1Un7OpM&feature=player_detailpage#t=267s

That race destroyed any fondness I may have had for Catalunya. I was struggling to keep my eyes open from the start and by the end I think I may actually have fallen asleep for a few seconds.

I'm also so glad we moved on from GFW to mumble.

It is pretty amazing Orgun and I were shit in 2010 and top of the table this year.

I think we warped to bizzaro world. My goal this year was to get at least one podium, since I never managed that last year! o_O

Orgun

That race last year was the first one I ever recorded, and it demonstrates just how bad Orgun was in 2010 :p, regardless of whoever wins the championship this year, Orgun definitely wins the 'Most Improved' award.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O8-1Un7OpM&feature=player_detailpage#t=267s

That race destroyed any fondness I may have had for Catalunya. I was struggling to keep my eyes open from the start and by the end I think I may actually have fallen asleep for a few seconds.

I'm also so glad we moved on from GFW to mumble.

Wooow, I totally didn't realiset how bad the brake to save a spin was. Never used to think it was that bad before 2011.

If I can't take the WDC i'll glady take the title of "most improved" and if I can win the WDC...i'll have both! :)

Anyone feel like some Catalunya practice this evening?

Mad_Ban

We truly are lucky to have a decent league with good banter. Especially reminded of it when I see videos like this which have really angry guys racing.

Man, you saw such different shit to me.

The lag in this game is unlike anything I've ever seen. Bad netcode or worst netcode?

Also, major LOL at that slow-mo car bit. It's even funnier than our casual racism.

Is there a way to get rid of the framerate indicator thing on Fraps when playing the game? My computer has no problems running the game at 60fps on max settings while recording with Fraps, so I have no need for the framerate indicator thing at all. It's kind of a nuisance.

Orgun

Crumbs (who was always going to be bad), myself and Orgun.

It was really strange - laggy no matter who hosted, and even the AI were lagging around. Really bad.

Oh and Crumbs didnt realise that he had some downloads going while he was hosting, only figured that out near the end.

Kyaw

I won't be able to make the Spanish GP. Gotta send off a family member in the morning and got a social gathering in the evening.

Mad_Ban

I think it's alright apart from the fact my current setup makes the rear slide out too often mid-corner (off-throttle). :/

Any tips on how to fix that?

Catalunya is a fantastic track. I really need to practice it lots tomorrow to find the best setup and get my lap times down, though.

Right guys, for league 2, would you prefer:

1: All 9 tracks we've yet to do so far.
2: A 5/6 race league of the best (voted) unraced tracks of the 9.
3: 6 new tracks, with 2/3 from this league thrown in.

I think as long as we can maintain at least 10 people per race, then #1 is the best choice. #2 would be good if some people are doubting their interest for another 9 weeks of racing (be honest!)

I'd have very little interest in revisting tracks we've already done races on for #3, because as great as they are, I like having something new every week. Going back to those tracks I've pumped hours in to over the past few weeks would be a bit dull.

Let me know!

Mad_Ban

I like option 1. :)

Apart from the fact Korea is included. Urch.

EDIT: Gotta say the unused tracks are pretty fun!

Sepang (<3)
China (<3)
Istanbul (<3)
Valencia
Silverstone
Nurburgring
Singa-[REDACTED]
Korea (NO!)
Abu Dhabi (<3)

Lach

yeah I'm up for #1. Though I'd love to have another shot at spa or monza.

[edit] My thoughts on the tracks:

Sepang - It's alright
China - I like
Istanbul - I like
Valencia - Never driven before, but was the most boring GP of last season
Silverstone - I like
Nurburgring - It's alright
Singapore - Yep!
Korea - Not as bad as everyone says (apart from last corner/pit entry)
Abu Dhabi - I like

Orgun

yeah I'm up for #1. Though I'd love to have another shot at spa or monza.

[edit] My thoughts on the tracks:

Sepang - It's alright
China - I like
Istanbul - I like
Valencia - Never driven before, but was the most boring GP of last season
Silverstone - I like
Nurburgring - It's alright
Singapore - Yep!
Korea - Not as bad as everyone says (apart from last corner/pit entry)
Abu Dhabi - I like

Valencia is like Bahrain in that it's incredibly boring to watch but fun to drive.

Orgun

My vote was REALLY for Number 1 after rereading them

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

Top Bottom