• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #1 |OT| - thread of MOC'ery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine isn't very cool in comparison to what I've seen in this thread, but here it is anyway:

jNsCOLxF2TvK.jpg

but wait... it transforms? D:

i1bdGWIn0OoAK.jpg

Yeah, it's a quaint little robot I attempted to make. The wheels in the back actually support it so it can zip around on all 4 in robot mode too. :)

Jasoneyu

Thats actually pretty cool that you were able to make a transforming lego with what you had!

Its pose reminds me of this lol:

RktGk.jpg

Chris R

Hoping the kit shows up tomorrow at my house but I'm doubting it will :( Have to wait until next Monday or Tuesday to start playing around.

MisterNoisy

Crap - I just realized I forgot to post the 'leftover parts' picture. Will add one when I get home.

Also, I just ordered something for the prize pool, and should be able to pick it up at Toys 'R Us shortly. One of the contest winners will get a NiB 9463 The Werewolf set!

Jasoneyu

Do the creations need to be ORIGINAL original? I built something modeled after something else.

I hope not or else ill have to change my submission. Man this was my first MOC and its pretty addicting so far. I might just destruct my own sets and see what else I could build.

Desperado

Mine isn't very cool in comparison to what I've seen in this thread, but here it is anyway:

jNsCOLxF2TvK.jpg

but wait... it transforms? D:

i1bdGWIn0OoAK.jpg

Yeah, it's a quaint little robot I attempted to make. The wheels in the back actually support it so it can zip around on all 4 in robot mode too. :)

Awesome. I always attempted to do stuff like this as a kid but could never get it right.

MisterNoisy

Another update (also mirrored in my first post):

I decided to build a hangar for the ship instead of the display stand, complete with a little observation area/workstations and a maintenance arm:

O3BB8.jpg

This used up pretty much everything:

bEveX.jpg

For the record, this is NOT my entry for the contest. This is just to show some of the people that are just getting back into the Lego habit some random things to try and maybe get some creative juices flowing.

LEGO BUNK BEDS! Complete with end table.
It's cool! It's a bed, but with a ladder!

BUT HULK WANT TOP BUNK!!!

Werewolf sneaking up on Wolverine.

Just some ideas to stimulate some people coming back to Lego, or to MOCing for the first time.

I am still working on many different models, and will be posting my actual entry in the next couple of weeks, then all the random alt builds after that.

Haha, nah, I knew it ended up looking more like a dog, I just didn't want to take the horns off right after I made it. I'll mess around with it more later or do something else.

Haha, nah, I knew it ended up looking more like a dog, I just didn't want to take the horns off right after I made it. I'll mess around with it more later or do something else.

Gotta say, I did not expect a cow or a dog from this competition. I expected lots of cars and space ships from it. This is just so much fun seeing what weird ideas people come up with with the restrictions. I have made more MOCs in the last few days that ever because it is so easy to disassemble and make something else.

Oh my god, I just made something absolutely horrendous! What I had in my mind just did NOT translate into LEGO form. It looks like a goat threw up a smurf...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Rubberknuckles - really nice. Not only a cool robot, but you've given him real character too.

Oh my god, I just made something absolutely horrendous! What I had in my mind just did NOT translate into LEGO form. It looks like a goat threw up a smurf...

I just had one of those. Will post pics after the competition just for a laugh.

MisterNoisy

Gotta say, I did not expect a cow or a dog from this competition. I expected lots of cars and space ships from it. This is just so much fun seeing what weird ideas people come up with with the restrictions. I have made more MOCs in the last few days that ever because it is so easy to disassemble and make something else.

Same here - lots of really cool stuff so far, and I'm really liking all the inventiveness on display. :) I'm impressed by a huge 10K piece MOC as much as anyone, but I really love seeing what happens with significant constraints on materials.

Vyer

Already some more awesome stuff.

Also, no disrespect meant to anyone at all, but we probably shouldn't get in the habit of putting up models that aren't entries (at least until the alt builds time after voting). I like the idea of everyone just putting the model up they consider their best entry for the month.

DJ_Lae

Man, I half put up mine early so there would be something in the thread to look at, but I've been outclassed several times since then! You guys have some awesome entries.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
First off awesome work so far guys, it's great to see how different everyone's approaching this so far, and I know there's gonna be a bunch more to follow.

I've attacked this set with too many ideas and not enough pieces, but it took me to different places creatively, and thus I've settled on a rail-gun as my entry.

I'd have killed for a few extra wing pieces, and a couple of jumper plates. Now to take it apart and pull out the instruction books and build the official set.

MisterNoisy

Loving the new entries! :)

I told my buddy about the contest, and even though he's not a GAF member, he wanted to play along and get feedback, so I'm posting his golf cart build:

mdmlP.jpg

mJtFJ.jpg

vKEwy.jpg

44PAO.jpg

wetwired

I made a little robot last night for the comp but I'm sitting on it for now, gonna try a few other creations first, since we have a month I don't want to throw my half arsed first attempt into the ring.

I'm also digging through all my lego gear to find something to contribute for the prize pool. I was thinking of a adding a custom Bane minifig to the ring but with lego making their own soon it seems like a bit of a waste. I've got a fair few older collectible minifgs floating around too.

enewtabie

Battlestar Neogafica...
Tried to use the least amount of pieces possible. My first thought was to try to build a Silverback from Gears,but I need more pieces.

017-3.jpg

018-3.jpg

Chris R

Hoping the kit shows up tomorrow at my house but I'm doubting it will :( Have to wait until next Monday or Tuesday to start playing around.

I knew it! Arrived in town early this morning but didn't get delivered today. Better be in my mailbox on Monday though, my postal person has been pretty shit the past few months :|

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Already some more awesome stuff.

Also, no disrespect meant to anyone at all, but we probably shouldn't get in the habit of putting up models that aren't entries (at least until the alt builds time after voting). I like the idea of everyone just putting the model up they consider their best entry for the month.

Agreed. Keep it clean and tidy. Also try and avoid image quoting entire posts. Referring to posters' names would be plenty if you want to leave comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom