• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

First post on AnimeGAF, hello everyone !

Being in an 'on and off' relationship with anime since the end of my childhood (I keep looking at the news but not really watching), I decided to try a show that has had a little reputation for some time : Chaos Head.

And let me tell you that after #1-4, I am terrified.
I am not terrified by the show in itself mind you, but by just everything else. On a personnal taste side I'm terrified that it will become too violent or too depressing, my little pure and naive soul speaking. And after hearing about it, I supremely don't want to watch an anime including yandere, and some elements of Chaos Head were worrying me at first on this matter.
But above all, I'm terrified that the show could stop delivering. That is sooooo good. Dark but not too dark, some really nice plot twists, a great Persona vibe, I'm just typing this before another 4-episodes shot in my veins.

There's really no need for this, like, at all. It's a standalone movie, provided you have at least a basic awareness of the premise. Oshii doesn't even Oshii it up in the tv series until like 30 or 40 episodes in anyways.

Patlabor 2 is really good, better than the first imo. About mid-tier on the Oshii-ness scale.
I know, I'm just kind of OCD. :| It's partly why I haven't watched Hosoda's One Piece movie yet.
Strawberry Panic
ಠ_ಠ

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
That's what I said...

Marmite, really? If the audience for that were largely female I'd be shocked, shocked to my foundations.

Well, if you say so. I wouldn't know what girls read.
Sorry, I used your post to respond more to Femmeworth. :/

I probably need to eat something today.

First post on AnimeGAF, hello everyone !

Being in an 'on and off' relationship with anime since the end of my childhood (I keep looking at the news but not really watching), I decided to try a show that has had a little reputation for some time : Chaos Head.

And let me tell you that after #1-4, I am terrified.
I am not terrified by the show in itself mind you, but by just everything else. On a personnal taste side I'm terrified that it will become too violent or too depressing, my little pure and naive soul speaking. And after hearing about it, I supremely don't want to watch an anime including yandere, and some elements of Chaos Head were worrying me at first on this matter.
But above all, I'm terrified that the show could stop delivering. That is sooooo good. Dark but not too dark, some really nice plot twists, a great Persona vibe, I'm just typing this before another 4-episodes shot in my veins.

Yeah, Chaos;head is pretty nuts. You should watch Steins;gate when you're done.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Started Moyashimon. Not my kind of anime, but i read good things about it.

Did anyone here watch Fantastic Children?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/455/Fantastic_Children/

How's it?

It's a poor mans Haibane Renmei. Another show where people will espouse about the production quality and the artstyle (I'm personally not a fan) but at the end of the it's about as bland as a 5 course meal composed completely of vegetables.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I guess that even with women writing for women, Japan is a pretty conservative place in general, and the society itself is male-dominated so even without men involved they're still in the equation.

Still, there are bright spots.

sonicmj1

What if you hate romance, but love animals?

The the first part of the movie won't be as good, but the rest will still be awesome because wolf kids are adorable. That's how one of the people I saw it with felt.

The other cried through most of the movie. Lots of sad and happy tears. She really enjoyed it.

cajunator

Banned
It's a poor mans Haibane Renmei. Another show where people will espouse about the production quality and the artstyle (I'm personally not a fan) but at the end of the it's about as bland as a 5 course meal composed completely of vegetables.

Nothing is as good as Haibane Renmei though.

Nafe

Here's a present for you:

Haha, that's from Penguindrum right? Looks like maybe the one scene where Ringo is talking to Tabuki? I remember seeing cats at that part.

Yeah that part in Utena made me laugh where the hand would pop up, I think with a "ping, ping" sound as well, to highlight certain things during the scene.

NOTGR is slower and longer than Angel's Egg on the whole, though there's no individual scenes as long as that still shot of the boy next to the sleeping girl.

Okay, well hopefully I don't find it too bad. I watched Angel's Egg pretty late at night and it didn't put me to sleep or anything.

7Th

It's almost like you're trying to prove her point with that list, save for perhaps Oniisama e...

It would be rather easy to prove Femme wrong by listing manga, though; I mean, the number 1 yuri magazine has a 75% female readership and most of its authors are female. It just happens that non-gag yuri, like shoujo and josei, doesn't really get adapted into anime.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I haven't seen Fantastic Children, but I'm not even sure what those two shows haft to do with each other..

-Minsc-

iNu8ez6uw1UzX.gif

I approve of this gif.

*saves*

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Daria 1-3 (to lazy to put up the "original" japanese title) - Show is pretty damn good so far, I watched bits and pieces of it back when I was a kid, and it's even better than I remembered, plus to a extent I appreciate it a lot more now that I'm older. The dialogue is so good. Can't wait to watch more of it in the coming weeks.

PS. This show has has one awesome OP. La-la-la-la.

Why is this in the anime thread?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Personally, I love doing that. It feels good when you're familiar with someone and you recognize them after only one spoken word when watching a show you haven't seen before.

For the really prominent seiyuu at the moment like Kana Hanazawa or Rie Kugimiya all I need is a simple laugh and I know it's them. The crossover fan art stuff is fun to see too.
I liked to call Hikaru no Go "Utena no Go".

It would be rather easy to prove Femme wrong by listing manga, though; I mean, the number 1 yuri magazine has a 75% female readership and most of its authors are female. It just happens that non-gag yuri, like shoujo and josei, doesn't really get adapted into anime.
I know the situation with manga is better, but I'm not much of a manga reader so I don't know how much better.
Why is this in the anime thread?
*tag quote*
I guess that even with women writing for women, Japan is a pretty conservative place in general, and the society itself is male-dominated so even without men involved they're still in the equation.

Still, there are bright spots.
There definitely are.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hyouka 14

AUug6.jpg

I'm guessing next week will finally focus on the mystery of missing things.
This episode did seem to go quickly by I must say.

Gundam Age 41
tumblr_m7l47jRm6V1qdc388o1_500.gif

Do we really only have like nine or so more episodes to go? The C-Funnels will never get old seeing and I kind of wish other suits had it. The FawnFarsia comes close but it has flowers and a staff instead of swords, which isnt bad (actually is kind of cool, Id change it from being pinkish to a different color, but otherwise one of the better suits this gen).

Lots of flashbacks to bring everything into context with my favorite one
Asemu and Zehearto working together
. Pretty hyped for how this Luna Base war will go down.

survivor

Banned
Binbougami ga 3

Keita's VA is pretty bad

I think next week's episode will cover the last part of the manga I read. So episode 5 should be all new material, can't wait.

Articalys

Hyouka 14

Ah, so that's where the fetch quest was going.

Fantastic music this episode, and great atmosphere during the Wildfire contest. Guest role from Sugita, and he even got a chance to say "kininarimasu". The manga club president is clearly an SNK fangirl, since her costume this time around was King from KoF.

I'm absolutely loving the Kanya Festa arc so far. Wonder if they'll need two more episodes to wrap everything up or just one. Probably the former.

Also, I was laughing at
Irisu spelling out the exact process she had used to ensnare Houtarou last arc to Eru

wonzo

Banned

cajunator

Banned
Chitose get You! 4

iA1jFtcHzPkBh.gif

nakama!

i really should pickup the dvd's as i haven't seen the show in ages. :(

if MLP and Korra no Densetsu are fair game then I don't see why Daria can't be either as it's clearly the infinitely superior show

You are very brave. I salute you.
Miss your crying penguin though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom