• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

He just told you that entire WiiU CPU is little faster than ONE CORE [of 8] of PS4/Durango. And we still dont have all info, its possible that one Jaguar core is faster.

That is INSANE! wtf?

So, based on the specs I'm wondering if my computer will (or at least should) be okay to survive next gen.

i5-3570K
8 gig ram
GTX670

That depends on what you consider "surviving". To run next gen games on high you may survive with 2 years on those specs max.

coldfoot

Banned
What happens when you connect Durango's HDMI OUT to its HDMI IN:
portal_infinite_loop_by_fizmicify-d3i30je.gif

NBtoaster

So:

Wii U CPU: 15 gflops
Wii U GPU: ~400 gflops

Orbis CPU: 104 gflops
Orbis GPU: 1800 gflops

Durango CPU: 104 gflops
Durango GPU: 1200 gflops + special sauce flops

?

Afrikan

What happens when you connect Durango's HDMI OUT to its HDMI IN:
portal_infinite_loop_by_fizmicify-d3i30je.gif

to be honest with you...I was wondering what would happen if you connected one Durango into another....with the other one into the T.V.

maybe a hacked version with the second one can add rendering enhancements. 60fps for 30fps games.

jk here.....but I'm sure there are some who would not mind buying 2 Durangos if they can get 60fps or higher enhancements if it were possible.

IS3 is a crap tank that primarily used for propaganda purposes.

If your PC was hard and combersome to use, and broke down regularly, then maybe the comparison is apt.

Tigers broke down at an embarrasingly high rate as well:p worthless gearbox, same goes for king tigers. + the sides of king tiger were made of wet paper towels.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So Wii U #alreadydead

Because if there's one thing the current generation taught us, it's that power is what matters.

Seriously, though, this looks fantastic. If Kinect 2.0 is what I think/hope, I'll be there day one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
He just told you that entire WiiU CPU is little faster than ONE CORE [of 8] of PS4/Durango. And we still dont have all info, its possible that one Jaguar core is faster.

Oh holy fuck. I knew Nintendo cheaped out on the CPU but didn't realize it was that much.

Well... I don't necessairly need everything on high, but it should be up to "console quality" right?

It's really hard to say. It seems like 1080p will be the new 720p of this gen. The baseline for pc games will definitely be moved up but how much is tough to say. I think your specs will be good enough for a couple years. I would personally wait a little bit before upgrading.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
I think perhaps you're confusing your own priorities with Microsoft's. I totally understand the idea that it'd burn some consumers if they couldn't move their existing digital collections over to the new box.

That said, what is ideal from a gamer's perspective and what is technically and financially feasible are two separate things. The chances of either console having BC is extremely low. If they do, it'd not only be a technical marvel, but it'd the sort of megaton that would make GAF explode in surprise.

Understood and very possible as far as the priorities comment goes

I hate the idea of all my downloadable content not being forward compatible , in fact if that's the case I may not buy either new system and no I'm not going to keep old system plugged into my limited 5 HDMI ports or let them sit in a closet for future use because it'll never happen.

I just don't see how they got it to work from Xbox1 to 360 but it's SOOOOOO far out of the realm of possibility with 360>720

For me no BC(for downloadable games) no buy as far as the next Xbox goes...........with PS4 I'll be on the fence for awhile after launch.....maybe I'll just stick with gaming on the go with my iOS tablet\phone.

Got another one:

Pc: 100hz crt

Orbis: TN panel
Durango : VA panel
Wii u : etch a sketch.

for those who don't get it : crt= uncompromising glory, TN panel = gamer's compromise, VA = good tv viewing angles, input lag and blur out the ass

lockload

I know. But considering the fact that Jaguar are low power cores I didn't expect the difference to be that massive.

The clock speed of my current laptop is half that of my previous one but is much more powerful (combination of a more efficient cpu for each clock cycle and more cores)

Boss Man

Wait so which console is going to have a better clock, PS4 or 720?

I don't want to have to endure the PS3 clock issue again.

nib95

Banned
Pak Fa is way too close to the F22 in performance for this to work

That's ok then for the time being. Till a year later when the PC hardware differences will actually make a difference above the closed platform optimisations of the consoles.

It's really hard to say. It seems like 1080p will be the new 720p of this gen. The baseline for pc games will definitely be moved up but how much is tough to say. I think your specs will be good enough for a couple years. I would personally wait a little bit before upgrading.

Yeah for sure, I'm hoping to squeeze a few years out of this machine. This will be the first time I'm even able to run next gen games when these machines come out. I remember my comp back in 2005 getting reamed by FEAR, so I'm in a better position now!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

This is insane. I have been predicting that Nintendo wanted the Wii U to be a "stopgap" system where they release a hybrid console/hybrid in about 4-5 years to somewhat sandwich themselves halfway between the other MS/Sony consoles, but this is WAY behind where I thought they'd be at this point.

Plinko

Got another one:

Pc: 100hz crt

Orbis: TN panel
Durango : VA panel
Wii u : etch a sketch.

for those who don't get it : crt= uncompromising glory, TN panel = gamer's compromise, VA = good tv viewing angles, input lag and blur out the ass

1/10

10% weaker than Durango at running Durango ports.

Not joking.

I'm not sure whether to be impressed with my own relatively cheap rig or disappointed with Durango and eventually the Orbis being only slightly more powerful with something I already own.

Probably the former since games are going to be especially tailored towards the Durango and the Orbis' specs so will still look better than anything else on the market.

Boss Man

This is insane. I have been predicting that Nintendo wanted the Wii U to be a "stopgap" system where they release a hybrid console/hybrid in about 4-5 years to somewhat sandwich themselves halfway between the other MS/Sony consoles, but this is WAY behind where I thought they'd be at this point.
Yeah but imagine how much better the gameplay will be on Wii U with that much poorer graphical performance.

Top Bottom