• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Things you think only you do/experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Let me take the time to ask this. Can people hear when a tv is on in another room? I can always hear that a tv is on before I enter a room and whenever I mention this to someone else they look at me like I'm crazy. I tend to hear this really low tinselly sound. That's the only way to really describe it.

Oh thank god I'm not insane. I hear them too. Never known anyone else who can.

I also do this thing with angles. Like when you see double with you eyes and images are seethrough, I tend to make odd shapes out of them in my mind. Been doing this for as long as I can remember. Apparently I have OCD too.

Sometimes I like to wear a t-shirt on my head as a wimple hat, wrap up my cat in blankets, and pretend that I'm Mary and he's baby Jesus.

injurai

Banned
Let me take the time to ask this. Can people hear when a tv is on in another room? I can always hear that a tv is on before I enter a room and whenever I mention this to someone else they look at me like I'm crazy. I tend to hear this really low tinselly sound. That's the only way to really describe it.

yup, I get after my family for leaving it on all the time because of this.

watch YouTube videos on my phone before I sleep of somebody with a soothing voice doing a product review or unboxing to help me doze off.

NinjaBoiX

I have to make sure any paper money is all neat, I'll push out any folds and creases, and make sure it's all flat and smooth. Then they have to go in my wallet all facing the same way, Queenie facing forward, and in descending monetary value.

I don't know why I do this. But I must.

If someone hands me a crumpled note, I take it as a personal affront.

Oh thank god I'm not insane. I hear them too. Never known anyone else who can.

And you're not alone. I've been experiencing that all my life. People thought I was fucking weird and strange that I could hear it, but I could. That low...signal. I don't know how else to explain it.

I don't hear it as strongly with flatscreens (if at all), but sometimes I'll know when they're on.

Linkhero1

I have this as well. It's the worst super power ever.

NinjaBoiX

Is anyone else really sensitive to that high pitched whine CRT's make? I can't deal with it, but my pals barely seem to notice it.

Edit: well that was wierd, I must have subconsciously skimmed GqueB's post about this very thing! I just read it properly after pressing post. I guess it isn't just me then.

Lucien and injurai too. It's so awful, I don't know how I used to put up with it before flatscreens.

cashman

Banned
I'm pretty superstitious.

When I watch my football team play for example, there is a hundred little minute details I must do in order to not jinx my team. So lets say Romo huts the ball, I can't stare at him or he makes a mistake. Instead I have to watch the Oline/Dline.

I also never cheer in advance/right after a play or a penalty flag will be thrown negating the play. A lot of people probably do that.

So that's why the o line was so shitty this year

If I close my eyes and 'focus' in a certain way, I see this purple pattern appear from out of the darkness. It vibrates as I try to focus on it.

I tried to draw it:

mcm.jpg

antitrop

[*]Fold toilet paper as perfectly as possible
[/LIST]
To pass military room cleanliness inspections I used to fold the end of the roll into a triangle and tape the back to hold the shape. I doubt you've gone that far, because doing so without good reason would be sort of unhinged.

Bagerk

Yesterday I was standing in line to buy some lunch, well when I say in line it was just me standing in front of the 3 staff members of this establishment and for 5 entire minutes they completely ignored me. They weren't even really doing anything, in fact it looked like they were waiting for customers. But they would not acknowledge me, even when I made direct eye contact and gave "please serve me" smiles. So my rational thinking brain started going "oh no, maybe you are a ghost... you might have died on the way to work and you don't know it...has anyone actually spoken to you today?" Then spent the next minute trying to think of situations where someone would have had to have been able to see me in order to do what they did during the day.

Has that happened to anyone else?

Labrys

I have this weird thing where if I put food in my mouth that is too hot, I'll automatically plug/ cover my ears. It doesn't really sooth the heat or anything, but I just do it.
...Yeah.

NinjaBoiX

I had a friend who had the weirdest sneeze. She would sneeze like 10 or 12 times in the space of a few seconds, like a machine gun:

Ah-choo-choo-choo-choo-choo-choo!

Every goddamn time. It was actually kind of cute!

El Odio

Banned
If I close my eyes and 'focus' in a certain way, I see this purple pattern appear from out of the darkness. It vibrates as I try to focus on it.

I tried to draw it:

mcm.jpg

I get something like this two except it's usually colored dots followed by weird trippy squares and other strange geometric shapes. I have stopped closing my eyes.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

I tried to draw it:

mcm.jpg

Lord Abezethibou, I have heard your call. They are not ready. Sleep. On the night of rise of the House of Saturn, we will have our revenge.

When I was a toddler, I remember taking my nutsack and pulling it over my dick. If the temperature was just right and I was a bit sweaty (not too sweaty), I could get my sack to stay that way for a bit. I scared my parents by making them think I removed it somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom