• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2013

Tagg9

Ok, guys. Maybe the time is approaching. What time?

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-wonderful-101/104833

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I08CSW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wonderful 101 time. Today preorders started.

Meh, preorders mean nothing. Just got an email today to remind me of this:
4jOg1JL.png

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Meh, preorders mean nothing. Just got an email today to remind me of this:
4jOg1JL.png

True, but this is the first time preorders have started for W101 and the simultaneous nature of today makes me think its possible a release date is coming soon.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Just on think to the great OP by Captain: it seems that Wii U Party is missing. Should be a Summer release (Q3?)

Seems like there is little to no interest in Amazing Spider-man which releases tomorrow (unless it was delayed). It's not even in the OP. I love the Spiderman games, even the bad ones are good. I might pick it up later this month

All the Assassins Creed IV talk has me interested to go back and play 3. I remember reading the PS3/360 had a big patch shortly after release. Was the Wii U version patch as well and generally on par with the other versions?

Pachimari

Monster Hunter 3 is a game that can really push me toward Wii U. Is it any good? Is it about hanging out with a group online hunting monsters? Why is the hunting aspect better here than in other games?

Convince me GAF!

Jackano

Wait, Mario Kart have been confirmed playable at E3? I thought it was just Mario playable and SmaBro screens (or trailer), but Mario Kart too?

Monster Hunter 3 is a game that can really push me toward Wii U. Is it any good? Is it about hanging out with a group online hunting monsters? Why is the hunting aspect better here than in other games?

Convince me GAF!
I spent 540 hours on Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii. It's very good. Yes, it is about hunting monsters with friends online (or offline, if that's your thing).

The best way to describe the game is Demon's Souls, but with a more colorful and uplifting environment, and 95% of the game is about boss fights. There are no dungeons or anything like that, you just fight boss after big ass boss. This is what 2D action classics like Megaman should have transitioned into. There is endless combat depth that lets you master your chosen weapon. I always use this video of a Great Sword master to demonstrate what I'm talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9NYYewCSxo

Meelow

Banned
Wait, Mario Kart have been confirmed playable at E3? I thought it was just Mario playable and SmaBro screens (or trailer), but Mario Kart too?

Both Mario U and Mario Kart will be shown and playable at E3, while we will see screens or trailer or something of Smash Bros 4.

DaBoss

Yes. 3D Mario and Mario Kart are playable at this E3.

I hope the SSB4 trailer will give Brawl trailer like hype. It was so good when it was revealed.

Effect

Seems like there is little to no interest in Amazing Spider-man which releases tomorrow (unless it was delayed). It's not even in the OP. I love the Spiderman games, even the bad ones are good. I might pick it up later this month

All the Assassins Creed IV talk has me interested to go back and play 3. I remember reading the PS3/360 had a big patch shortly after release. Was the Wii U version patch as well and generally on par with the other versions?

I really don't understand why Amazing Spider-man is still being released. At full price as well. It should be clear that late ports always do poorly. Why not slash the price before release in hopes of at least getting some sales from impulse buyers that might be in the store.

Has anyone seen any footage of the game as well?

For AC4. I'm going to be waiting for that game to really drop in price. Especailly if they end up releasing a version of AC3 this year that includes the DLC. I enjoyed AC3 but not going to fall into the hole of buying yearly releases of games. Certainly not at launch. AC3 has the benefit of being at launch when I simply wanted games.

Jackano

Both Mario U and Mario Kart will be shown and playable at E3, while we will see screens or trailer or something of Smash Bros 4.

I hope the SSB4 trailer will give Brawl trailer like hype. It was so good when it was revealed.

Thanks guys. I missed that out, I only understood 3D Mario and SmaBro from the direct.
So, I always bet on Mario Kart for the end of the year, I'm pretty happy with this, but, that also means we already have all the bigs guns for this E3. And E3 without surprises is no good... Unless Retro's game will be the surprise.

I have faith in Sakurai, god heal his arm... But he will need to shine some wonderfull ideas and wonderfull characters art/models.
Brawl trailer was a complete surprise, with badass Metaknight, a return from decades with Pit, zero suit Samus sexy ass, and Snake's ultimate funny appearance. Good luck to match that, ever!

I think SSB4 trailer won't be nearly as much hype as the Brawl was. The final game just burned too many people.

3D Mario on the other hand I can see totally blowing people away if it seems as fun and fresh as the Galaxy reveal. Besides gameplay>CGI trailer.

Hoodbury

Kinda strange but BestBuy.com has Xenoblade listed as a preorder for Wii-U. Is it possible there is going to be a HD-Remake? Maybe it's a placeholder for the X game? Or just a mistake on Bestbuy's part?

Link

DaBoss

I have faith in Sakurai, god heal his arm... But he will need to shine some wonderfull ideas and wonderfull characters art/models.
Brawl trailer was a complete surprise, with badass Metaknight, a return from decades with Pit, zero suit Samus sexy ass, and Snake's ultimate funny appearance. Good luck to match that, ever!

Yup, that trailer was amazing. I'm not sure if they will be able to top that, but getting close enough to topping it is enough for me.

I think SSB4 trailer won't be nearly as much hype as the Brawl was. The final game just burned too many people.

3D Mario on the other hand I can see totally blowing people away if it seems as fun and fresh as the Galaxy reveal. Besides gameplay>CGI trailer.

The game was still vey fun. It was a vocal minority that didn't like Brawl and the competitive scene. This E3 will be good for sure.

Kinda strange but BestBuy.com has Xenoblade listed as a preorder for Wii-U. Is it possible there is going to be a HD-Remake? Maybe it's a placeholder for the X game? Or just a mistake on Bestbuy's part?

Link

Woah, I don't think this can be true. I think a reprint has a higher chance of happening.

The game was still vey fun. It was a vocal minority that didn't like Brawl and the competitive scene. This E3 will be good for sure.
Nah there definately was a big backlash from casuals too. Myself included, mostly because the online was the worst thing in existence. And the ridicilous hype certainly didn't help, I can't think of many games that had such hype this gen. MGS4 maybe and that too had a backlash.

I believe if Smash 4 wants Brawl level hype a new CGI trailer is not enough no matter how epic it is. They need to show they mean business with it.

jmizzal

I'm expecting Q2 Direct to be around GDC or at GDC.

GDC is at the end of March they have been doing ND at the beginning of each month, with April for sure having a 1st party release I cant see them waiting that late, I say a ND will be this week or next week.

Link

Ok now that is strange since Xenoblade was only sold at Ninendo.com and Gamestop I can see them doing an HD remake sold every where or could be just for X.

But what if X is announced as coming world wide this summer in the next ND, now that would be something :)

Meelow

Banned
GDC is at the end of March they have been doing ND at the beginning of each month, with April for sure having a 1st party release I cant see them waiting that late, I saw a ND will be this week or next week.

Hopefully, I rather have it now than later, but we'll see.

DaBoss

Nah there definately was a big backlash from casuals too. Myself included, mostly because the online was the worst thing in existence. And the ridicilous hype certainly didn't help, I can't think of many games that had such hype this gen. MGS4 maybe and that too had a backlash.

I believe if Smash 4 wants Brawl level hype a new CGI trailer is not enough no matter how epic it is. They need to show they mean business with it.

Can't disagree with you there, the online was pretty shit, but they would have to try really hard for it to be shit in SSB4. I don't think the online killed the game for many though.

I think the CGI trailer helped Brawl's hype. It was pretty cool to see the new characters introduced like that.

Effect

I would hope there is one soon. Nintendo has two somewhat important games releasing in March after two months of nothing. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Lego City Undercover which they are publishing. The time to sell those games is before they release on the 19th. They have two weeks to do that. It gets them instant coverage across all gaming sites.

There has to be a Nintendo Direct either this week or next week. Or at the least a spike in activity from them.

I think the CGI trailer helped Brawl's hype. It was pretty cool to see the new characters introduced like that.

Oh it certainly did. I just mean it won't be nearly enough to make up such a hype again after Brawl.

Malvingt2

Xenoblade still Gamestop exclusive correct? another thing why not use placeholder "Xenoblade 2" instead of "Xenoblade" for X?

either this is a mistake or a HD port.

So I got Amazing Spider-Man a day early. I've played the ps3 version before, and the wii u version has ups and downs.

wii u gamepad use is awesome as the OsPhone
Spider-man's character model looks better (maybe better texture)
LOTS of screen tearing

Oppo

I spent 540 hours on Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii. It's very good. Yes, it is about hunting monsters with friends online (or offline, if that's your thing).

The best way to describe the game is Demon's Souls, but with a more colorful and uplifting environment, and 95% of the game is about boss fights. There are no dungeons or anything like that, you just fight boss after big ass boss.

That doesn't sound anything like Demon's Souls.

DaBoss

I sure hope so. Not being playable is alright for a reveal, but tt will be extremely disappointing if there's just screens and no footage come E3.

I would assume they have some sort of footage or at least a CGI trailer for SSB4. I don't think it would be playable, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Darryl

Banned

Link

I don't think they'll remake Xenoblade so close to X launching. I don't know when X will launch, but it's clearly very far along.

kunonabi

So I got Amazing Spider-Man a day early. I've played the ps3 version before, and the wii u version has ups and downs.

wii u gamepad use is awesome as the OsPhone
Spider-man's character model looks better (maybe better texture)
LOTS of screen tearing

Could changing the resolution help with the screen tearing? I'm not a tech head but I thought I heard people say it helped with Bayonetta.

I'm actually moderately tempted to pick it up since it's only 40$

Could changing the resolution help with the screen tearing? I'm not a tech head but I thought I heard people say it helped with Bayonetta.

Hmm, maybe I'll try that later. Its very mild but it happens every time you move the camera

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I don't think they'll remake Xenoblade so close to X launching. I don't know when X will launch, but it's clearly very far along.

Actually re-releasing Xenoblade strikes me as a perfect way to drum up interest in anticipation of X.

Mr. Fix

I sure hope so. Not being playable is alright for a reveal, but tt will be extremely disappointing if there's just screens and no footage come E3.

I'm not even sure if this tweet means what I think it does. I was hoping someone could properly translate it.

*Nvm, Cheesmeister did it. Still so vague though.

I would assume they have some sort of footage or at least a CGI trailer for SSB4. I don't think it would be playable, but hopefully I'm wrong.

That's what I was expecting at most (and nothing less).

Hattori

Banned

It's actually on sale at TRU, $29.99

Since I am unable to make a thread and I don't think this deserves it's own thread but...

Hideki Kamiya ‏said this about Okami 2 on Wii U.

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/308753231008395264

It would be very interesting if Nintendo would pay for Okami 2 as a Wii U exclusive.

This doesn't mean a thing. He says this kind of thing all the time. "Ask Capcom" means "stop asking me as I have nothing to do with that IP anymore"

Pachimari

Wait, isn't the Dragon Quest X MMO on the way to Wii U as well?

I need to know this as I'm considering getting a Wii U.

EDIT:
Yeah, on the way to Wii U. Why isn't this game in the OP?

beje

Banned
Wait, isn't the Dragon Quest X MMO on the way to Wii U as well?

I need to know this as I'm considering getting a Wii U.

EDIT:
Yeah, on the way to Wii U. Why isn't this game in the OP?

Probably because so far it's Japan only, though some hours ago a gaffer confirmed that a 3DS eShop game that connects to DQX now appears in european Streetpass info with a western title so it might imply the game is coming to the west one way or another. I can see them making it Free2Play + microtransactions for luxury items in order to make it attractive here.

Translation:
During the Nintendo Direct that just happened, it was announced that we would release video of the latest Super Smash Bros. game which is for Wii U and 3DS at this years E3. Usually a game is announced once you have video to show, but this time development began after the announcement, so you've all been waiting a while. However, we will work it to make something good!

Top Bottom