• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made that for me personally, didn't you? ;)

You cannot be fooled ;)

What better place to see this conference with an option for low-bandwidth internet?

My best advice would be to wait for on-demand instead of watching live. you get good quality and no [SPOLIER](less?)[/SPOILER] buffering.

can also someone tell me when the CoD all access starts? like, how many hours until stream goes online

I think it's 2000 CET (our timezone).

I think Sony will definitely have good news for everyone tomorrow. Several Sony employees have been hinting at it lately.

Then ms have been utterly utterly stupid committing suicide for their brand and allowing Sony to win with the best console and no drm?

Pathetic if so and they should fire their execs if they were really that stupid. What a joke to allow publishers to have their way only to lead to your brand getting killed because they expected nothing of your main competition. The publishers will then waltz back to Sony and we are back to market with one dominant brand.

That would be so stupid.

I still expect third parties will get their way or ea would never have dropped the online pass. Maybe Sony themselves will avoid it though.

Miles X

Guys, did anyone of you read about the PRISM scandal? That thing made me never want to buy any microsoft products ever again, especially with a kinect that's always listening. I guess that the german politician was right to call the xbone a trojan horse.
source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html

I think this might deserve a new thread.

Fucking hell what is this .... Kinect isn't always listening and if you want to boycott MS products because they can 'spy on you' you better ditch most of you tech!

Guys, did anyone of you read about the PRISM scandal? That thing made me never want to buy any microsoft products ever again, especially with a kinect that's always listening. I guess that the german politician was right to call the xbone a trojan horse.
source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...0c0da8-cebf-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html

You came to the wrong thread.

nothing_stops_this_tr2kz7q.gif

statham

SPDIF

If you want to stop using MS products, you'll also want to stop using Google and Apple products, which means you might as well just ditch technology altogether.

Already a thread about it. Take your tin foil hat to that thread. This one is all about hype trains now. One more day!

Drop your smartphone,don't go youtube,don't use gmail,don't use facebook,no kidding

MarkusRJR

Just bought a new 360 to replace my iffy slim since Xbone isn't having BC. It came with Kinect though, and it doesn't work at all in my room (I only have approx 3-5 feet of length to play). So I wanted to ask... Do we know if the Kinect 2.0 works in smaller rooms like mine, and if it doesn't work then would it actively ruin my experience with the Xbox One (I won't be playing most Kinect games)?

Biggzy

Just bought a new 360 to replace my iffy slim since Xbone isn't having BC. It came with Kinect though, and it doesn't work at all in my room (I only have approx 3-5 feet of length to play). So I wanted to ask... Do we know if the Kinect 2.0 works in smaller rooms like mine, and if it doesn't work then would it actively ruin my experience with the Xbox One (I won't be playing most Kinect games)?

Microsoft are adamant it does and to be fair they did allow journalists to get really close to Kinect and it still picked them up.

Miles X

It works in much smaller rooms yes, I also think that next gen Kinect implementation will mainly be voice and gesture rather than full body tracking.

Rafy

Drop your smartphone,don't go youtube,don't use gmail,don't use facebook,no kidding

I don't have a smartphone, I surf the net with TOR and all my sensitive emails are encrypted with the latest and strongest RSA encryption protocols. I will edit my post after all the reactions, I was surprised and wanted to notify people, that's all.
I haven't had access to the internet in the last 2 days so I didn't know there was a thread already, I apologize .

aronmayo2

Banned

You can use a controller for all interface stuff, so it won't affect basic console usage. The new Kinect apparently has around 60% wider FOV - so you need about 5 feet...it'll probably be more reasonable but still not great.

MarkusRJR

Microsoft are adamant it does and to be fair they did allow journalists to get really close to Kinect and it still picked them up.

It works in much smaller rooms yes, I also think that next gen Kinect implementation will mainly be voice and gesture rather than full body tracking.
Awesome. Now I just need to see that annoying DRM removed and some games (probably seeing some awesome games at E3) and I'm in. Assuming PS4 doesn't do DRM and plays used games, what's the chance MS backpedals and removes the weird restrictions?

It will work in smaller rooms, maybe not as small as yours (at least standing up). It should work with face recognition and all of the sitting down stuff though.

Miles X

Awesome. Now I just need to see that annoying DRM removed and some games (probably seeing some awesome games at E3) and I'm in. Assuming PS4 doesn't do DRM and plays used games, what's the chance MS backpedals and removes the weird restrictions?

Very low, regardless of what Sony do.

Hindle

Banned
I really hope we get a sizzle reel that teases games that are years away. I'm usually against them but meh it's a new gen. Bring it on.

SPDIF

I don't have a smartphone, I surf the net with TOR and all my sensitive emails are encrypted with the latest and strongest RSA encryption protocols. I will edit my post after all the reactions, I was surprised and wanted to notify people, that's all.
I haven't had access to the internet in the last 2 days so I didn't know there was a thread already, I apologize .

Really? You do all your regular daily browsing with Tor? It can take forever to load even the most basic page, I can't imagine trying to load a page with a couple of GIFs on.

Anyway, if you're that concerned about privacy then I hope you've also configured every single internet facing program on your PC to use Tor, otherwise there's no point using it.

Miles X

Less than 24 hours!!!

No. There's absolutely no point in playing Kinect Sports with a controller, no more than playing wii sports without motion control.

It's a great Kinect game, not saying it isn't. But where else do you get controller sport package like that?

statham

Really? You do all your regular daily browsing with Tor? It can take forever to load even the most basic page, I can't imagine trying to load a page with a couple of GIFs on.

Anyway, if you're that concerned about privacy then I hope you've also configured every single internet facing program on your PC to use Tor, otherwise there's no point using it.
does he go into android threads to notify them? Has he deleted his facebook account? He just voted for sutherland in a facebook poll afterall.

I really hope we get a sizzle reel that teases games that are years away. I'm usually against them but meh it's a new gen. Bring it on.

That will definitely happen. After all, PS said Quantum Break was still early. I'd guess FallHoliday of next year.

I doubt we see any games intended for 2015+ though. Gotta save something for next E3.

shola

Banned
something tells me, ms is gonna remove the 24 hour to once a week if you are playing on your own console, and shift the one hour to 24 hours if you are playing on someone else console.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
I am rather enthusiast for Microsoft first party offer, but what i have heard since months from my third-party sources is really worrisome on the state of the Xbox One development environment (dev kits, sdk, documentation, etc.).

For some of them, their situation resulting of the poor quality of this framework is so bad that they haven't prepared a Xbox One E3 build of their game. Concretely, if attendees manage to play their title on the Microsoft booth, it won't be a Xbox One (or even a dev kit for that matter) hidden behind the demo panel, but a PC.

And this news isn't only relevant for one game.

Perhaps it's one additional reason (beside the DRM drama) that could explain why Microsoft seems very selective and elusive in their PR efforts during the show, to not answer and fuel this potential affair pertaining to the 3rd party situation.

Servbot24

Banned
Looking forward to seeing their conference and if they address the bad press. Also my hope is that they show lots of games from their own studios instead of buying exclusives.

Alx

I am rather enthusiast for Microsoft first party offer, but what i have heard since months from my third-party sources is really worrisome on the state of the Xbox One development environment (dev kits, sdk, documentation, etc.).

Yeah, it's strange to see MS in that situation when it's supposed to be one of their strengths. I suppose that they're only late on those and that things will get better with time, but it won't help them for their launch games.

Whether it checks in every minute, every 24 hours, or once a week, the same problem still exists. It's still basically an always online system and the requirement is there, making the system unplayable for a large portion of gamers that don't have internet access at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom