• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT| Not a thread about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

Holy shit! Props to Apple! That is a HUGE overhaul considering the aesthetics of the other iOSs.

Yeah it's much, much better. I really like the control centre. You can access wifi, bluetooth... whatever else (even has a torch button) just by swiping upwards from wherever.

and hah. I just realised that if you tilt the screen, the bubbles on the default wallpaper float in that direction.

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah it's much, much better. I really like the control centre. You can access wifi, bluetooth... whatever else (even has a torch button) just by swiping upwards from wherever.

and hah. I just realised that if you tilt the screen, the bubbles on the default wallpaper float in that direction.

At first I though it was a screenshot of Jellybean with a theme on it :p

Looks COMPLETELY different.

Madness

At first I though it was a screenshot of Jellybean with a theme on it :p

Looks COMPLETELY different.

Well they needed to revamp it. Android was starting to completely take over, just look at what Google, Samsung and HTC are doing with their OS and software etc.

Looks good though, bright, clean and fresh.

blamite

I hardly post here anymore mainly since I basically don't play Halo anymore (I still read almost all of both threads though) but for whatever it's worth I vastly prefer what we have now to the old megathread.

They've changed everything. Here are a few screenshots I took:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/1867/1si.png[img]

It actually looks like a modern UI now. Background is animated now too. Only real problem is a few apps are buggy, but nothing too major.[/QUOTE]

Good music choice! Love that album.

Child please. This community has been hurting for a good while now. This was a step in the right direction to focus more on the discussion of games, negative or otherwise. That mega Halo thread cannibalized all other Halo threads. I can't remember an awesome discussion about Halo in a so long.

You need an awesome Halo game to have an awesome discussion about Halo.

Halo 3 had Saturday night customs and everyone talked about those, Ghal posted up picture stories etc, no one plays Saturday customs because the game is not up to scratch, no one plays the game which essentially kills conversation anyway.

I mean keeping that other thread totally clean for Halo 4 conversation makes sense if this place took on the brunt of all other conversation, but so far the split hasnt been that clear cut and as far as I can see the general community has drifted.

EDIT: My bad, apparently people played Halo yesterday (Saturday night customs! )and commented on how boring it was lol.

gAg CruSh3r

I agree actually, my only issue with default is that it's like staring into the sun for too long. Currently trying to adjust to desktop dark since I use dark for mobile.

I did not know they had a dark for Mobile until now lol.
It does not feel the same.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
You need an awesome Halo game to have an awesome discussion about Halo.

Halo 3 had Saturday night customs and everyone talked about those, Ghal posted up picture stories etc, no one plays Saturday customs because the game is not up to scratch, no one plays the game which essentially kills conversation anyway.

I mean keeping that other thread totally clean for Halo 4 conversation makes sense if this place took on the brunt of all other conversation, but so far the split hasnt been that clear cut and as far as I can see the general community has drifted.

EDIT: My bad, apparently people played Halo yesterday (Saturday night customs! )and commented on how boring it was lol.

I meant awesome as in interesting, civil and well thought out.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's one post. Also, if that post came around in the H4 thread now, it would lead to more discussion similar to it

That's one post. Also, if that post came around in the H4 thread now, it would lead to more discussion similar to it

That doesn't really explain how the split helped because his post did encourage discussion which was similar to it. I have yet to see a single well thought out post since the split.

GhaleonEB

Hey guys.

I've gotten some PMs about the status of the split and the purpose of the Halo 4/Halo OT threads. And I see from the last week or so of conversation I read back through that it's been talked about a lot.

To briefly recap, the current situation arose because there were a lot of complains about the lack of civility in the Halo OT's. And to be more precise, the split occurred because the moderating team agreed with the complaints. Around the time of the lock/split, I saw a lot of posts along the lines of "if people didn't run to the mods, this wouldn't have happened". The problem wasn't the complaints, it was what people were complaining about.

The thread lock on the Gaming Community side was intended to provide a cooling off period, and this OT topic was intended to be an outlet for this community until after E3 during that time.

Now the new Halo 4 thread is digressing back to general Halo discussion, as the old Halo 3/Reach/ODST threads did as a natural matter of course, and you're understandably asking about where to draw the line between here and there.

Here's what I suggest.

Go ahead and make a general Halo OT thread on the Gaming Community side. There you can talk about any and all things Halo related; the Halo reveal at E3, the new mobile game, the latest downgrade in action figure quality - and yes Halo 4. How you choose to manage conversation split between the Halo 4 thread and that one is up to you guys.

Re-purpose this thread to a Halo community gathering spot for non-Halo discussion. Destiny, general gaming stuff, the latest developments regarding Heckfu's beard, etc. A place for this community to do the off topic wandering that used to occur in the Halo threads. Tashi if you need a thread title change PM me.

In that way the Gaming side stays focused on gaming-related discourse. That will keep things a bit more focused. Which brings us back to civility and how we got here in the first place. I won't belabor this, just welcome all comers to both threads and don't let things get so heated that you're attacking each other instead of the topics you're talking about. My own take after catching up is things have settled down on that front a bit. Please try to keep it that way. :)

If there's any confusion about where to go from here hit myself or another mod up over PM. Cheers.

Woorloog

Banned
Wonder how long it will take before people start taking all the usual off-topic to "New Halo Community OT". That is, how long until this place dies.
Still find it kinda funny this Halo community is the only one to need two threads. And when i say "need", i mean it, other OTs don't stray nearly as much to off-topic.

Halo |OT8| HaloGAF Starts a Family should be a collaborative effort like OT17B. It seems like the easiest way to avoid another Booty Turkey.

Ghazi

Yo Tashi, since we were talking about the Surface yesterday, what do you think of your Surface? I kinda want to get one if I can find it for around $300, I'd rather have it as a tablet than an iPad.

Gui_PT

Wait what?

You made a Halothread without asking permissions from The Elders?

Someone's going to be thrown into the vulcano

By someone I mean you

Thermite

Uhhh....so we have a thread for Halo 4 discussion, a thread for all things Halo, and this thread for Halogaf to discuss off-topic shit? could you guys get more butthurt and segment our community even further? christ

edit: in the future pls create individual threads for each new release for halogaf, as I feel seeing conversations about other games detracts from the intelligent, well thought-out discussion about that current game. ty in advance

Tawpgun

New thread should be closed imo.

If yall wanna start one megathread again either

1. Let one of these finish
2. Have ghal rename this thread to HaloGAF.

There's no point in having a community thread, a thread about Halo 4 only, and a thread about all things Halo.

There's a reason there's no Battlefield Bad Company OT or CoD MW2 OT. Those games are old. No one plays them enough to discuss them.

New thread should be closed imo.

If yall wanna start one megathread again either

1. Let one of these finish
2. Have ghal rename this thread to HaloGAF.

There's no point in having a community thread, a thread about Halo 4 only, and a thread about all things Halo.

There's a reason there's no Battlefield Bad Company OT or CoD MW2 OT. Those games are old. No one plays them enough to discuss them.

Yeah maybe I misread but I sort of thought we where moving back to a single megathread but keeping the Halo 4 thread open for the people who wanted to ONLY discuss Halo 4. I kind of assumed that meant that people could talk about Halo 4 in either thread but the Halo 4 specific thread would simply be used as a more welcoming place for new people.

Having 3 threads is worse than having 2!

DeadNames

Banned
2 threads. rename this one to HaloGAF |OT| HGS.

rename the halo 4 one to Halo |OT18| Heckfu Green Skull.

halo one will be strictly halo as a series. this one can be used for off topic crap.

DeadNames for mod 2013

Gui_PT

DfS9VW5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom