• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Preview: Traditional Ratchet is back in 'Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus'

boingball

As such, Allgeier wanted to “make Ratchet feel like Ratchet again.” To accomplish this goal, he and his team made a prototype stage -- a “jungle gym,” as he described it -- to get Ratchet’s quintessential feel just right. They then segued what they learned (or re-learned) into their new project.

This sounds worrying though. Have they really forgotten how Ratchet works? Can they recapture it again?

Will get a Platinum nonetheless in this

Wow, Fall is getting crowded with Beyond, Puppeteer, R&C, GT6, Saints Row IV and of course GTA V.

Amir0x

Banned
And you can actually add Game and Wario to that list. Forgot about that one.

You got a link to their exact phrasing? Kinda curious how they could have PROMISED Wonderful 101 within that time, considering Platinum was developing it and they are ready when they're ready

corn_fest

Seems like a lot of people are upset about this being on PS3, but I'm thrilled about it.
I can put off next-gen hardware for a little bit longer.

Samyy

Okay, now that the initial shock at the price point is gone im starting to get very hyped!
Still a bit bitter at Insomniac though >=(

Continuing the Future story! Kronk and Zephyr and Talwyn! Snowman weapon! DAT EVRYTHING.

PS3 is fine. This'll be a nice sendoff to this particular era of Ratchet and Clank, we ought to get a big old PS4 one for 2015 round the time of the movie.

30 bucks is so delicious.

KAL2006

Banned
God damn PS3 is ending on a bang...

God of War Ascension
Ni No Kuni
The Last of Us
GT6
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

shiiiiiiit.

Final Fantasy X HD
Kingdom Hearts 1.5
Tales of Xillia
Tales of Symphony HD
Puppeteer
Rain
Dragons Crown

And a the multiplatform games like GTA5.

Brofield

Honestly, I'm more excited by this than The Last Of Us.

Still getting a PS3 in the end for all of the games I've been missing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't understand. I thought Insomniac would be making a game to coincide with the release of the movie. This is too soon. Are they going to do one for PS4 then?

Nintendo never promised X amount of games by Y time. Even if a few of the titles slip - and I'd hazard to guess a few will - there is still a ton of shit even with those accounted for.

Trust me, StreetsAhead, there's plenty Sony Worldwide Studio games being made for PS4. 30 games, in fact, at current count; 20 are first year, 12 of those are new IPs. :p

Ah, they promised - very clearly - that 9 Nintendo published titles in between launch and the end of their fiscal year in March in NA. They delivered on 5.

While I'm sure Sony has their shit together, numbers alone don't mean much to me without announcements. Nintendo will publish 14 titles in NA in the system's first 13 months. Microsoft has 15 first-year exclusives. Numbers aren't games and I chose to remain a little skeptical until they're announced.

My choices right now is get a PS4 for Knack and FFXIV, or get R&C and FFXIV for PS3.

Muitnorts

Fucking thrilled to have another traditional Ratchet game.
PS3's line up this year is absolutely nuts, one of the best years any console has ever had. Makes a mockery of the PS4 really. (Still buying the shit out of the PS4 this year)

Amir0x

Banned
Ah, they promised - very clearly - that 9 Nintendo published titles in between launch and the end of their fiscal year in March in NA. They delivered on 5.

While I'm sure Sony has their shit together, numbers alone don't mean much to me without announcements. Nintendo will publish 14 titles in NA in the system's first 13 months. Microsoft has 15 first-year exclusives. Numbers aren't games and I chose to remain a little skeptical until they're announced.

Alright, go ahead then.

But it's still good this game is on PS3, though, however sour you are :)

The only news that I really like about this, I will probably pick this up as well, is that Sony is really championing different pricing models. I really love that and I hope that mentality bleeds over to the digital side as well. Also don't be surprised if Knack is $40 at the launch of PS4.

RPGCrazied

Sweet. I'm glad its for PS3, and budget price? Sign me up, I hope its at least 15 hours long. I really don't like 6 - 7 hour games.

Stillmatic

$30? OK, yeah I'm in. I haven't played the series since ToD and Q4B. PS4 would've been nice, but I'm sure teams are spread pretty thin at the moment.

From the trailer:
+Best looking Ratchet ever (is that motion blur?)
+Glad they're not dropping the mystery of Ratchet's race plotline, I was seriously disappointed to see it seemingly end with CiT.
+Back to basic fun stupid weapons Ratchet. This is what it is fucking about.
+$30 bucks? High five.

However:
-Insomniac, I still want a full AAA Ratchet PS4 game with online. One of my dream PS4 games
-Main villain looks surprisingly badly designed, looks really out of place with all of the much better designs around him.. like his alligator cronie, love it.

Amir0x

Banned
Damn PS3 is a beast at the end of its life lol

I'm so glad to know that when I get a PS4, there will be games I will want to play maybe even 8 or 9 years later. Contrast that to certain other systems, and I haven't played shit for shit in months.

3rdamention said:
Is this PS3 Exclusive? Or just a timed Exclusive? I didn't know if Sony owns the Ratchet and Clank franchise or not.

Yes it's PS3 exclusive.

kuYuri

Considering it's an epilogue to the Future series, it makes sense this is a PS3 game. There could always be a brand new Ratchet & Clank storyline for PS4.

Vire

Sweet. I'm glad its for PS3, and budget price? Sign me up, I hope its at least 15 hours long. I really don't like 6 - 7 hour games.

Um... no way.

Considering Quest for Booty was around 3-4 hours long.

And Crank in Time is 10-11...

You can expect a 6-8 hour game.

MoeB

Wang+Chung+-+Hypnotize+Me+-+7%22+RECORD-463251.jpg

Cornbread78

$30 to make up for sunset overdrive huh? that, or this was the last exclusive game required to meet their contract with Sony. If not, this would have been a PS4 game...

An-Det

Damn that looks good. Really glad we'll get one last game in the Future series to help end the generation. The space jumping sections remind me a bit of the Mario Galaxy games too.

Well, at least Sony is keeping a variety of interesting, exclusive games coming in PS3's final year as the newest Sony console on the block. Seems to be something to everybody's taste. Guess I should've expected that after the PS2. Hell, my favorite PS2 game(God of War 2) didn't come until 2007!

Dat 10 year lifespan amirite

Espada

Considering it's an epilogue to the Future series, it makes sense this is a PS3 game. There could always be a brand new Ratchet & Clank storyline for PS4.

I think that may be what this is. Wrapping up the Future games and leading into something new for future games. That interdimensional portal thing wasn't covered all that much.

AniHawk

gotta update that current gen platformers thread! and make a next gen platformers thread, which is basically wii u/vita/3ds/knack thread.

Top Bottom