• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Preview: Traditional Ratchet is back in 'Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus'

Isn't this like the 6th Ratchet and Clank game on PS3 this generation? This is gonna bomb due to milking and the lack of quality from IG's last few games.

AniHawk

i wonder if insomniac will apologize to naughty dog for making the best sony ip on the ps3 this year.

i would say best sony ip this year, but that would be disregarding tearaway, and that's irresponsible.

sunnz

I like how SONY are still pushing the ps3 and all, but come one, the ps4 launch isn't looking that strong, neither is the first year ( OK ok, they still have quite a lot of games to announce, but something like this coming exclusive on the ps4 through PSN would have been awesome to see)

nesboy43

Banned
I hope this plays like Future Tools of Destruction and I'll be happy. I don't understand why they had to have the heroes separate in entries for a series called "Ratchet AND Clank". I loved Tools of Destruction and couldn't stop playing it, Crack In Time I never even finished because of bad level design and the unnecessary focus on flying around and bonus objectives.

Don't people see how long PS2 lasted, the 10 year life cycle promise is very real for Sony and always has been. I love Nintendo but they stopped making Gamecube and Wii games way before Wii and Wii U came out. Look at Sony who had major hardware revisions in store shelfs like the PSone w/ pop-up screen (which I own) redesign around the time PS2 was coming out.

Zach

Amazing. I was just thinking yesterday about how I'd like to play a new Ratchet game. I haven't played one since A Crack in Time (which was delightful, of course).

I do very much hope they're working on a PS4 Ratchet, though. I'd like to play that by the end of next year.

Mifune

Mehmber
I love that this is coming to PS3. Yes, I'd love to play it on PS4 but it's cool to see a platform holder support their consoles so late in the game. I wish the 360 was getting crazy exclusives left and right like this.

It gives me the warm and fuzzies.

Amir0x

Banned
Amazing. I was just thinking yesterday about how I'd like to play a new Ratchet game. I haven't played one since A Crack in Time (which was delightful, of course).

I do very much hope they're working on a PS4 Ratchet, though. I'd like to play that by the end of next year.

I thought I read they didn't even have PS4 dev kits?

Seems they want to hitch their boat elsewhere for the moment. Hopefully, though, we see them indulging in PS4 once Sunset Overdrive is out. Would be a shame if we didn't get a true full package Ratchet (or some other original product) on the system.

Toppot

Looks soooo good, hopefully it lives up to the lofty heights for the Future trilogy. Price is nice, and I'd assume the size/length of the game will match. But so long as its a great play I don't care!

Well, it's not the Crack In Time-esque sequel on PS4 with the big scope I hoped for, but it is a legit Ratchet game and only $30.

I'm in.

Well looks like I'll be buying another PS3 before I get a PS4. Between this, Last of Us, Beyond, FFXHD, and a few other old games I've missed. I need to get that PS3.

Cheska

Man I love me some Ratchet and Clank and I genuinely hope it's as good as its mainline predecessors. After all, I did buy my PS3 so I could play Tools of Destruction.

Endo Punk

Another PS3 game? Sony, stahp! My confidence is already at 110%

Don't care for Ratchet but it's the thought that counts.

While the frame rate looked rough at some parts, the game really looks beautiful especially Lighting

iFPTXygI9YdW0.PNG

ibitNXy9Dxfifd.PNG

ib0cOzgzoFYsGs.PNG

Also the Weapon's Wheel, in case some one needs to see it :p

Vire

I love that this is coming to PS3. Yes, I'd love to play it on PS4 but it's cool to see a platform holder support their consoles so late in the game. I wish the 360 was getting crazy exclusives left and right like this.

It gives me the warm and fuzzies.

All those PS2 exclusives at the end of the generation really helped out Sony with the PS3 m I right?

Mifune

Mehmber
I thought I read they didn't even have PS4 dev kits?

Seems they want to hitch their boat elsewhere for the moment. Hopefully, though, we see them indulging in PS4 once Sunset Overdrive is out. Would be a shame if we didn't get a true full package Ratchet (or some other original product) on the system.

I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't work on a PS4 Ratchet after Sunset Overdrive. Shocked. Short of MS buying them, there's no way Insomniac won't end up on the PS4. Cash cow, I tell ya.

witness

PS3, this year, and $30! Awesome. I have no intention of jumping into next gen until at least fall 2014, so the more ps3 games the better.

18-Volt

It's nice but i'm still looking for a full fledged retail R&C game. A game that would last hours just like first 3 games of the series. And challenging too.

Mifune

Mehmber
All those PS2 exclusives at the end of the generation really helped out Sony with the PS3 m I right?

Well, I really don't think the PS2 exclusives had nearly as much of an effect as the price and Cell and resulting backlash to both.

But I guess I'm not really keeping score. I think the PS4 will be fine in its first year with or without Ratchet. And as a fan of video games in general, and Sony platforms in particular, it makes me feel good about supporting Sony (not that I don't support other platforms). Like I said, warm and fuzzies.

I would be absolutely shocked if they didn't work on a PS4 Ratchet after Sunset Overdrive. Shocked. Short of MS buying them, there's no way Insomniac won't end up on the PS4. Cash cow, I tell ya.

Isn't there a Ratchet and Clank movie coming up? Almost no chance they won't be on PS4 for that

Finally a proper Ratchet game again!

Also $30 rather than $15? Expecting big things if they are pricing over Blood Dragon and Gunslinger!

Just glad ill get some classic R&C again :)

GameSeeker

Well, it's good to see another Ratchet & Clank game for the PS3, but Insomniac does need to get moving and announce a game for the PS4. Sony looks really prepared with the PS4 launch and Insomniac is missing that opportunity.

RPGCrazied

Um... no way.

Considering Quest for Booty was around 3-4 hours long.

And Crank in Time is 10-11...

You can expect a 6-8 hour game.

Oh well. Maybe when he said lots of side stuff to do, you can make it that long. Maybe its just a short story?

Might get it for $19.99 if its really short.

Amir0x

Banned
Well, it's good to see another Ratchet & Clank game for the PS3, but Insomniac does need to get moving and announce a game for the PS4. Sony looks really prepared with the PS4 launch and Insomniac is missing that opportunity.

They can miss it and be OK; Microsoft dropped fat sacks of cash on their desk for Sunset Overdrive exclusivity.

Mifune

Mehmber
Between this and Sunset Overdrive, I'm pretty excited about the future of Insomniac. One foot in the future, one in the past. And that's okay! Had me worried with FUSE, though, I must admit.

Amir0x

Banned
IGN watched us play for a good while and they say it is... soooooo

sooo....no one can still be sure until they actually play it for themselves?

Not to be a bit of a stickler, and I think this game looks GREAT, but IGN cannot really make any definitive claims until they touch the controller and feel how everything works for themselves :p

I-hate-u said:
Or maybe MS was the only publisher willing to publish Insomniac's game without retaining the rights to the IP.

Either way; fat sacks of cash.

It's brilliant. Sure, it might slow down PS4 sales in the short term (although.. does the short term matter? PS4 is sold out!), but it builds something entirely more important: consumer confidence.

Consumers can buy a Sony product secure in the knowledge they will support the system with legit big titles for many, many years, even at the end of its life. This can reverberate and have positive repercussions when customers remember this when they are on the market for a PS4. It's called building good customer relations :)

I agree, but only b/c I expect more games to be announced at GC and TGS.

Top Bottom