• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Preview: Traditional Ratchet is back in 'Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus'

ratch6slu.gif

love this really really hope for a ps4 title later on after this one :D

Mifune

Mehmber
Im new to the series, would you recommend it ?

Do you have a PS3? Collection of the first three games are like seven bucks on PSN if you're a Plus member right now. If not Plus I'm sure the deal is still pretty good.

It's a great series, and I've only played three of them.

EDIT: Crap, that sale is over. Sorry!

Espada

Im new to the series, would you recommend it ?

Absolutely. You can get the R&C collection for cheap which comes with the first 3 games. Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time are super-cheap on Amazon last I checked. You can net most of the series for $100 easy.

SuperSonic1305 said:
I wonder if it will end with them jumping into a portal that leads into the next-gen series.
Yup, that would be a perfect segue for a PS4 title. A new universe/dimension to start off a new generation of R&C games.

Yawnier

Banned
Do you have a PS3? Collection of the first three games are like seven bucks on PSN if you're a Plus member right now. If not Plus I'm sure the deal is still pretty good.

It's a great series, and I've only played three of them.

That deal ended yesterday, I think.

PaulloDEC

Looks great to me, I'm always down for some traditional Ratchet and Clank. $30 is a great price too; I like this new middle-ground between wallet-busting AAA and $15 downloadable.

TimmiT

Looks gorgeous. I'm worried about the framerate though, I miss the smooth 60fps. I hope this will at least run at a stable 30fps.

TripOpt55

Oh man so excited! Looks excellent. Is Talwyn in it? I read that somewhere in the leaks. I was disappointed when she wasn't in ACiT. Her and Ratchet were funny together.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I love everything about this.

PS3? Yup.
Classic Ratchet? Nice.
$30? Sold.

As long as we aren't looking at a Quest for Booty situation, I don't see anything wrong here.

krae_man

Rats, I was hoping for an Outernauts-Disruptor crossover.

I always thought the "Where did the Lombaxes go?" story ended too soon. $30 has me a little worried. Sly was a full game at $40 so hopefully this is like 80% of a full game and not 5 planets instead of 3 or something.

Also please have single player DLC. New planets, weapons, skill points etc. For the love of god, don't to map packs and multiplayer skins.

PaulloDEC

Looks gorgeous. I'm worried about the framerate though, I miss the smooth 60fps. I hope this will at least run at a stable 30fps.

Number one concern right here. Going from 60fps in Tools and roughly 60fps in Crack to sub 30fps in QForce was heartbreaking.

Espada

They have to save SOMETHING to coincide with the movie release

Ratchet & Clank: Ultimate Collection!
- All of the famous Ratchet & Clank series in 1080p (just throw in Deadlocked, ToD, ACiT, and ETN)
- Behind the scenes look into the making of Ratchet & Clank: The Movie!
- etc...

They could do that instead of a big budget PS4 Ratchet game. You know it to be true.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks really fun, and the price is most definitely right.

Gartooth

Glad to see developers embrace different price points as the game seems to sit between ACiT and QFB in value. Will definitely keep my eyes peeled for this one, been wanting a traditional R&C game for a while now.

They have to save SOMETHING to coincide with the movie release

Hopefully they have enough time to make a worthy successor to ACiT in that case. I'm dying for another Ratchet space epic. This is one of those series where I feel going bigger adds a lot to the experience.

Afrodium

Banned
Heaven forbid Sony attempt to play with the god-awful pricing model for day 1 video games. It's infuriating to see GAF decry the AAA game model that forces devs to chase mass market appeal to profit on a $60 product and then act disappointed when a game is priced affordably because it has must be subpar if it only costs $30.

Will this game be as long and expansive as a $60 title? Probably not. That doesn't mean that it won't be worth its price tag, however. Insomniac developed the title with this price point in mind, likely budgeted accordingly, and will likely be able to reach a profit because they know that parents buying a game for their children will be much more willing to spend $30 than $60. We need to see more of this.

Endo Punk

I think I may give this game a go. Haven't owned Ratchet game since Going Commando and Ive always preferred the Jak and Daxter games. So far the PS3 Ratchet games never captured my attention because they never felt like they were pushing the franchise forward, sure this may not be either but the price is reasonable. And the main bad guy actually looks to be an interesting one instead of that boring Dr Nefarious.

Hale-XF11

Nice!

Perfect timing too. I'm not going next gen this holiday, so it's nice to have something to look forward to besides GTAV.

Besides that though, I've been DYING for a new 3D platformer, so THANK YOU, Insomniac! This game is much needed. :)

abrack08

Very excited for this, looks excellent. I need more traditional Ratchet in my life. A little disappointed that it's smaller than ACiT, I was hoping the smaller price tag was just brought on by the success (kinda?) of Sly 4 and it was just as big as the last couple major entries, but I can deal. Hopefully it does well and we get a full sized adventure soon too.

This was just announced? Because I had no idea and I'm super pumped. The last Ratchet I enjoyed was Quest for Booty. Well, at least up to the point where I had to walk across super narrow beams in the dark. I literally cannot do it years later.

Yes, yes, yes! Glad to see Ratchet being back to how it should be. It looks damn good too, and that Zero Gravity part looks like mad fun. I'm there for this the day it comes out. I hope it releases before the PS4 comes out, though.

HardRojo

I like the price point but I would have loved it to be a PS4 title :( Gonna get it anyway because you know, traditional R&C is back.

Top Bottom