• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend166

AlternativeUlster said:
Wait, didn't they just confirm MetaKnight yesterday? That would be too soon for a new character it would seem. It will probably an assist trophy.

We've known about Metaknight since the first trailer.

Sakurai loves pissing you off. You go "no new ones on the blog", there's a new one revealed first on the blog. You go "no gimmick ones", Pokemon Trainer. You go "Metaknight = unlock wont be on site", his profile goes up. You go "Diddy Kong isn't important enough", he is in the game. You go "delay = character" and get a special move and stage.

laserbeam

Banned
interesting bit

It does absolutely no damage—it’s just for sending opponents great distances. You can even charge it up while shielding. It’s best used in critical moments.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
It does absolutely no damage—it’s just for sending opponents great distances. You can even charge it up while shielding. It’s best used in critical moments.

Huh? What happened to the down special move he’s had up until now—the Mario Tornado?

NOOOOOOOO!

Fucking FLUDD?!? Man, Mario was one of my mains, and I never wanted to see that stupid water pistol backpack in Smash Bros. Crap!

usea

JonathanEx said:
Sakurai loves pissing you off. You go "no new ones on the blog", there's a new one revealed first on the blog. You go "no gimmick ones", Pokemon Trainer. You go "Metaknight = unlock wont be on site", his profile goes up. You go "delay = character" and get a special move and stage.
Yeah Zeed is pretty retarded, but that's well-known if you've been reading gaf.

I'm disappointed with the pokemon stadium update. Flying and Ice look terrible for how I enjoy the game. Fortunately the stage selection so far has seemed excellent, I can't really complain about the occasional stage that looks not so hot.

As for mario, I don't think tornado is a normal move. I think he will gain/lose flood somehow just like wario can lose the motorcycle. Basically I think the big thing about this update is it hints at a new mechanic we're currently unaware of.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Big Icarus said:
NOOOOOOOO!

Fucking FLUDD?!? Man, Mario was one of my mains, and I never wanted to see that stupid water pistol backpack in Smash Bros. Crap!

You should write a letter!

usea

Suburban Cowboy said:
It says you can use this while blocking. This move is Down B.

In melee, pressing down while blocking dodged. Anyone else catching on...
I noticed this too, but you could technically press down without dodging if you pressed it lightly or slowly. It angled the shield. I just assume the controls will work slightly differently, we'll have to wait and see.

Jiggy

In my own mind, Pokemon Stadium 2 is a stage for the borderline between serious and non-serious matches. In most others' minds, it'll probably be non-serious only, which makes me a little sad. Everyone will be affected evenly by the Ice and Flying versions (though maybe Electric will work differently, I don't know), which is more than I can say for something like SSBM Corneria that most people considered legit and I considered cheap.

As for FLUDD, I never used Mario Tornado with Doc anyway (and never used regular Mario in the first place), so this seems awesome as far as I'm concerned. Mario needed another projectile anyway, especially if Dr. Mario's out and the fireballs suck as much as they ever did. Might give me a reason to play as him.

haha thats actually pretty cool. i believe this means either his down a now is his mario tornado, or perhaps there is a new A move mechanic in the game. i believe the latter is more plausible because he did his down A, and his down smash A in movies and screenshots.

usea

Duo014 said:
on the flud update we see a new level allso, actually..
Looks like the DK stage where you climb ladders, to me.

Another possibility for the tornado, is you have to press B rapidly while holding down to do it, while hitting down+b once will just use fludd.

Jiggy37 said:
In my own mind, Pokemon Stadium 2 is a stage for the borderline between serious and non-serious matches. In most others' minds, it'll probably be non-serious only, which makes me a little sad. Everyone will be affected evenly by the Ice and Flying versions (though maybe Electric will work differently, I don't know), which is more than I can say for something like SSBM Corneria that most people considered legit and I considered cheap.
I'll certainly give it a thorough try. I'm just not very optimistic for it right now.

As for FLUDD, I never used Mario Tornado with Doc anyway (and never used regular Mario in the first place), so this seems awesome as far as I'm concerned. Mario needed another projectile anyway, especially if Dr. Mario's out and the fireballs suck as much as they ever did. Might give me a reason to play as him.
I agree wholeheartedly on every point.

dfyb

Banned
if it does no damage, does it not reset a player? if an enemy is trying to recover from the side, can i just squirt them away and they don't get an additional jump when hit?

Suburban Cowboy said:
It says you can use this while blocking. This move is Down B.

In melee, pressing down while blocking dodged. Anyone else catching on...
what are you guessing? iirc, mario air dodged in one of the videos. would seem weird to take out only ground dodges.

edit: havn't found the dodge i thought i saw yet, but metaknight and pit both seem to have some sort of juke move where they quickly backstep (in nintendo world movie).

Hm, im happy with today´s update.
Not a megaton, but very interesting, and we got 2 at once.
Pokemon Stadium 2 looks liek great fun.

But i dont quite get the Fludd-move:

You press down+B to active it. Then you press down+B to charge it?
I would have thought that Mario "transforms" back when pressing down+B again.

fusoya59

Now I'm intrigued. The update says

"Tilt the Control Stick down and press the B Button to charge up..."

So a non-smash down brings up FLUDD, perhaps?

And I wonder what the charge is like? DK Punch charge, or a regular smash charge? Hrmm...

Hmmm, he seems already carrying the FLUDD before starting charging, or at least I woud argue this from Sakurai's comment...Could we guess, pheraps, different versions of characters/customizable to be selectable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom