• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeed

Banned
CreatureX3 said:
Plus who doubts Ganondorf's final smash will be him turning into:

ganon.jpg

:D
I'm expecting something more along the lines of his
Twilight Princess Ganon form
. The question is how that would control. Would it have its own moveset, or would it just run around the stage owning things?

Zeed

Banned
CreatureX3 said:
It can control the same way Giga Bowser is controlled.
No, see, Giga Bowser is essentially just a reskinned, large Bowser. None of Ganon's recent forms match up with Gannondorf in the same way. One of them is a big tailed beast with two swords, and the other
is basically a giant pig

Zeed said:
No, see, Giga Bowser is essentially just a reskinned, large Bowser. None of Ganon's forms match up with Gannondorf in the same way. One of them is a big tailed beast with two swords, and the other
is basically a giant pig
Oh I see what you're saying. Well they did give Yoshi what appears to be "final smash only" moves. I'm sure they could give Ganondorf some "final smash only" Ganon moves as well. :D

GamerSoul

Zeed said:
No, see, Giga Bowser is essentially just a reskinned, large Bowser. None of Ganon's recent forms match up with Gannondorf in the same way. One of them is a big tailed beast with two swords, and the other
is basically a giant pig

He'd probably just walk around swinging both blades for the most part. Ganon would be really broken so, he could have a huge disadvantage. example, to change him back quickly, just hit his tail twice.:lol

Jiggy

Sticking with the Ice Climbers' final smash for tonight. And sticking with the addendum that the final smash with both of them in play will be shown, but nothing about what happens when only one remains. It'll say something like "Oh, what happens when only one Ice Climber is left? I guess you'll have to see."

Linkhero1

Jiggy37 said:
Sticking with the Ice Climbers' final smash for tonight. And sticking with the addendum that the final smash with both of them in play will be shown, but nothing about what happens when only one remains. It'll say something like "Oh, what happens when only one Ice Climber is left? I guess you'll have to see."
Same here

Jiggy

You know, Zeed, you may have 739 posts in here while I only have 496 as of the moment I hit Submit Reply. But those 496 make up 10.5% of all my posts on GAF, while your 739 makes up...

...oh. 18.8% of yours. Blah, can't win for losing--or however that saying goes. :(

Rindain

Banned
If Ridley is in the game (eitheras playable or boss) I hope they use his
Omega Ridley
character model. He looked AWESOME in that battle.

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
You know, Zeed, you may have 739 posts in here while I only have 496 as of the moment I hit Submit Reply. But those 496 make up 10.5% of all my posts on GAF, while your 739 makes up...

...oh. 18.8% of yours. Blah, can't win for losing--or however that saying goes. :(
Well I think it'd be perfectly accurate to say that at least 18.8% of my interest in gaming is devoted to SSBB.

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:
I love the update writing style. :D

Haunted

Zeed said:
I sometimes wonder how much of the original writing style has been recaptured by the translations.
Yeah, the German, French and English translations are pretty different from each other, with lots of leeway (and expressions that are unique to the respective language), but they always manage to strike a pretty consistent tone, so I think they're doing a good job of it. :)

Jiggy

Zeed said:
Well I think it'd be perfectly accurate to say that at least 18.8% of my interest in gaming is devoted to SSBB.
And the other 81.2% to Lyn? :D

Actually, though, you're right. Maybe these post counts are indicators in some way. I mean, I'll probably spend more time playing SSBB than I'd spend playing an average 25 games in my collection.

Zeed

Banned
Haunted One said:
Yeah, the German, French and English translations are pretty different from each other, with lots of leeway (and expressions that are unique to the respective language), but they always manage to strike a pretty consistent tone, so I think they're doing a good job of it. :)
I never knew you were tri-lingual.

Jiggy37 said:
My avatar is usually a good indicator of whatever variable currently has my interest. I'm realistic - it's now obvious that Lyn isn't going to make a non-cameo appearance for a long time now, if ever.

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:

Actually, though, you're right. Maybe these post counts are indicators in some way. I mean, I'll probably spend more time playing SSBB than I'd spend playing an average 25 games in my collection.
hm, I hope not. I plan to get more than 6,23% playtime out of Brawl. :D

Zeed said:
I never knew you were tri-lingual.
Yeah, I don't speak Japanese moon language. :/
:p

Jiggy37 said:

Hmmm...

Maybe we should account for what's officially missing for each character. Even if the attacks can be inferred from movies/screenshots

Veterans
Mario - Up B, Side B, Normal B
Kirby - Everything (All Bs, Final Smash)
Pikachu - All Bs
Fox - Up B, Side B, Final Smash
Samus - All Bs
Zelda - Everything
Bowser - All Bs
Donkey Kong - All Bs
Yoshi - All Bs
Peach - Everything
Ice Climbers - Everything

Newcomers
Pit - Side B, Down B
Wario - B, Up B, Final Smash
Zero Suit Samus - Everything
Ike - Down B, Side B, Final Smash
Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle's B, Ivysaur's Side B, Charizard Up B, Final Smash
Diddy Kong - Side B, Down B, Final Smash
Meta Knight - Technically everything, although his moves werer shown on the Special Attack update
Snake - Down B, Final Smash

As for my prediction, either a stage or Final Smash. But more likely a Final Smash since we haven't had one of those in a month.

I just got word of a character reveal this week. Unfortunatly the one you guys really really want confirmed wont happen until a press conference.

insiders are so cool

Zeed

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
I just got word of a character reveal this week. Unfortunatly the one you guys really really want confirmed wont happen until a press conference.

insiders are so cool
Careful, that's bannable.

JCX

Golden Darkness said:
Hmmm...

Maybe we should account for what's officially missing for each character. Even if the attacks can be inferred from movies/screenshots

Veterans
Mario - Up B, Side B, Normal B
Kirby - Everything (All Bs, Final Smash)
Pikachu - All Bs
Fox - Up B, Side B, Final Smash
Samus - All Bs
Zelda - Everything
Bowser - All Bs
Donkey Kong - All Bs
Yoshi - All Bs
Peach - Everything
Ice Climbers - Everything

Newcomers
Pit - Side B, Down B
Wario - B, Up B, Final Smash
Zero Suit Samus - Everything
Ike - Down B, Side B, Final Smash
Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle's B, Ivysaur's Side B, Charizard Up B, Final Smash
Diddy Kong - Side B, Down B, Final Smash
Meta Knight - Technically everything, although his moves werer shown on the Special Attack update
Snake - Down B, Final Smash

As for my prediction, either a stage or Final Smash. But more likely a Final Smash since we haven't had one of those in a month.

Are you just counting official reveals? I'm pretty sure pikachu has used quick attackin one oof the trailers.

Prediction: Pokemon Trainer FS

Jiggy

Okay, I'm not going to do this regularly, but someone asked me to put together a list of good Tuesday updates of the past (after seeing my list of Monday updates yesterday), so... since it was already made, figured I'd put it up.

Huge Tuesday updates of the past:
May 22nd (first update ever) - The Musicians list + Battlefield stage + the basic rules of Smash (triple update)
August 21st - What is the Subspace Army? w/ movie
September 18th - Wi-Fi Play

Tuesday double updates:
May 29th - Final Smash + Mario's final smash
June 5th - Poke Balls + Groudon
August 28th - Andross assist trophy + four types of special moves, shown with Meta Knight's moves

Everything else:
Yoshi's Island stage, Pikachu's final smash, Zelda Ocarina of Time Medley, Bowser profile, Dr. Wright assist trophy, Deoxys in a Poke Ball, Yoshi profile, Pitfall item, Ike's moves, Devil assist trophy, Diddy Kong's moves, Lyn assist trophy

Lots of assist trophies and double updates, and a decent number of big things happening in between.

Edit: I can't sway away from Ice Climbers' final smash since I made that prediction earlier, but after putting this together, I won't be surprised if there's a Starman or Buzz Buzz assist trophy.

JCX9 said:
Are you just counting official reveals? I'm pretty sure pikachu has used quick attackin one oof the trailers.

Prediction: Pokemon Trainer FS

To quote myself:
Maybe we should account for what's officially missing for each character.

But in retrospect, I should mention I meant moves revealed on the website itself. And within updates focused on those moves.

Zeed

Banned
Gamer @ Heart said:
Do you have any tips on how to make it look more sarcastic without making it obvious? I wish to learn.
It'd be a much safer idea to avoid posting something like that whatsoever. You can't post a Rick Roll or Rape Time and then say you were being sarcastic and expect to avoid a ban.

Jiggy

Gamer @ Heart said:
Do you have any tips on how to make it look more sarcastic without making it obvious? I wish to learn.
You'd probably need either a tag or a high post count first, otherwise you risk getting responses like this gem from usea. (Although that guy usea was responding to was being serious. :|)

Huh. Funny to look back at page 237 and think that was August 10th.

Edit: Oh hey it's Pureauthor that's convenient. Go click on his tag and read the contents therein to see how the Common GAF Thought Process works. >_>

Haunted

Pureauthor said:
One of these days I'm going to go back and actually read the thread from the first post to the last.
Will you print it out and bind it first? Should be a hefty book by now.

Firestorm said:
one day :(

Of course my real want is Sonic & Tails character with music from Flying Battery Zone, Sandopolis, etc. set in Sky Sanctuary or Hidden Palace stage.
never.

Firestorm

Pureauthor said:
One of these days I'm going to go back and actually read the thread from the first post to the last.

I was just going over a few of the first pages to see how active I was. Coulda sworn I entered the thread late but seems I was here from the first few days.

Firestorm

The BS Jonk put out was just dumb. This is how you do it correctly:
http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102

MOTHER 3 in SSBB -- What Starmen.Net has been told

Alright, I already talked about this in one of the other topics here, but I'm going to give it it's own topic and also reveal the MOTHER 3 spoiler that Tomato has been talking about.

We (Starmen.Net) have been given two interesting pieces of information about Brawl. Our source is extremely reliable, and while they're not 100% positive about their 'intel' (heh), I think this is pretty much a done deal.

First, we've heard that Lucas is confirmed as a main character in SSBB.

Unfortunately we don't have any information about Ness. Personally, I'm guessing that Lucas will be the only MOTHER-related main character. It's probably also safe to assume that his moves/style will be very similar to Ness.

Zeed

Banned
Firestorm said:
The BS Jonk put out was just dumb. This is how you do it correctly:
http://starmen.net/forum/?t=msg&th=37102
From what I understand, Jonk actually works at Starman. Either that or he was trying to pass of their info as his. Doesn't matter either way, his wink wink nudge nudge approach was what made him dead on arrival more than anything else (not that anything Starman is proposing is unexpected, Lucas was supposed to be in Melee before Earthbound 64 got the axe).

Speaking of which, we haven't seen Jonk ever since his alternate account got perma-nuked. I think his feelings got hurt.

Haunted

Pureauthor said:
A 'main character' in SSBB? How does that even work?
It doesn't, which is why I don't believe this rumour at all.

scola said:
oh yeah I am on page 445.
Well, your GAF seems to be broken, sorry. 100 posts per page or bust. :p

Zeed said:
Speaking of which, we haven't seen Jonk ever since his alternate account got perma-nuked. I think his feelings got hurt.
There were two Jonks? I never knew.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think well have a new Wi-Fi related update, thatd be neat (although unprobable sicne today we had a game mode update, but whatevah)

Zeed

Banned
Haunted One said:
It doesn't, which is why I don't believe this rumour at all.
I don't believe for a minute that Starman.net got super exclusive secret information from NOA, who have no hand in developing the game anyway, but I do think it likely that Lucas is going to be in. Allegedly Sakurai's been considering replacing Ness with Lucas since before Melee.

Haunted One said:
There were two Jonks? I never knew.
Say hello to Jonk 2.0 - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7557672#post7557672

Haunted

castle007 said:
I think they ment main as in you fight with him and he isn't an item or something like that
They probably mean playable character, with his own story in the Subspace Emissary. Still weirdly worded, imo.

Zeed said:
I don't believe for a minute that Starman.net got super exclusive secret information from NOA, who have no hand in developing the game anyway, but I do think it likely that Lucas is going to be in. Allegedly Sakurai's been considering replacing Ness with Lucas since before Melee.
Source for that? And don't say starman.net. :p

And what the hell was Jonk thinking with that other account? :lol Totally obvious. I even remember reading that shit.

Jiggy

Haunted One said:
What are you talking about - we're on page 223 right now.
That's because you're secretly a halfling.
...Wait. I'm the one set to half the number of posts per page you are, so maybe that makes me the halfling. Now I'm confused.

Firestorm

Pureauthor said:
A 'main character' in SSBB? How does that even work?

Playable.

Zeed said:
From what I understand, Jonk actually works at Starman. Either that or he was trying to pass of their info as his. Doesn't matter either way, his wink wink nudge nudge approach was what made him dead on arrival more than anything else (not that anything Starman is proposing is unexpected, Lucas was supposed to be in Melee before Earthbound 64 got the axe).

The way in which he told us his info was what was completely stupid. GAF doesn`t tolerate that kinda crap considering the amount of insiders there are around here.

Haunted

Jiggy37 said:
That's because you're secretly a halfling.
...Wait. I'm the one set to half the number of posts per page you are, so maybe that makes me the halfling. Now I'm confused.
I could never go back to 50 posts per page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom