• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morts

Goddamnit this is awesome, but don't show me all of the characters yet! There better be a few new ones that I don't know about until I unlock them.

Like Skull Kid. And Ridley.

crowphoenix said:
Hard to please, aren't we? :D
no. i just HATE the post adventure music and Sonic talking.

oh my god if tails is in it i will be banning anyone from playing as him at my house.

i guess i just didn't think it through. i figured we'd get classic Sonic tunes, not, cheesy Crush 40 bollocks.

Spruchy said:
This is gonna be the best sonic game in a long time.

QFMFT

plagiarize said:
no. i just HATE the post adventure music and Sonic talking.

oh my god if tails is in it i will be banning anyone from playing as him at my house.

i guess i just didn't think it through. i figured we'd get classic Sonic tunes, not, cheesy Crush 40 bollocks.

Don't worry, man. You can turn the music off. Have a little faith and just pretend that Heroes through SotR never came out.

plagiarize said:
i propose the name 'Sonic and his much more awesome friends' as the new name of Brawl.

:lol

Yoboman

R0nn said:
Co-op = online confirmed

Yeah, I'm sure Sony would do that.

If they would they could choose between: Jak and/or Daxter/Ratchet and/or Clank/ICO/Wanderer/Nariko/Kratos/Sly Raccoon/LBP creatures

They never will though.
I'd love to play with Clank in this game for some reason.

Haunted

_Alkaline_ said:
Do people think the inclusion of Sonic will likely mean Tails and/or Knuckles, or do you reckon Sakurai will keep it at just Sonic?

I hope for the latter honestly.
No chances for playable characters. Very slim chances for ATs, maybe a short cameo in Sonic's Subspace Emissary intro. Sonic, running/jumping/flying around with Tails and Knuckles when the Subspace Minister attacks Green Hill Zone/the Sonic Universe -> Everyone is surprised, Sonic pursues the attackers to the Smash Brothers universe, start Level 1 of Adventure mode.

or something. :p

4ndii

sonictailshoax.jpg

sonic_fake.jpg

Ramenman

PetriP-TNT said:
I love how people act like this was a surprise :lol Almost as surprising as Dual Shock3 for PS3

'xcept Sonic wasn't already in Smash Bros 10 years ago...

Plus it's videogame history. Even if it had been confirmed by Sakurai himself, it would still have been awesome to see it for real.

Plus the vid IS awesome indeed.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Look on the bright side everyone. A delay means this thread and the Dojo updates will go on for two additional months!

SantaC

Zerodoppler said:
:(

Sales -1

I guess I'll still follow the daily updates though.

hmm wait? First you complain about too much pokemon and not another franchises, now sonic makes it sales -1? Does not compute.

Linkhero1

SantaC said:
hmm wait? First you complain about too much pokemon and not another franchises, now sonic makes it sales -1? Does not compute.
Seriously wtf is wrong with these people? If they don't like them then don't pick them. Is it that hard?

grandjedi6 said:
Look on the bright side everyone. A delay means this thread and the Dojo updates will go on for two additional months!

Nooo! Not two months!

Ah well, I guess I'll be bothering you all for a lot longer than you all would like. :lol

Zerodoppler said:
:(

Sales -1

I guess I'll still follow the daily updates though.

You make kittens cry sometimes.

I'm so looking forward to this.

If you look up "Fan Service" in the gamer's dictionary, it would have a picture of this game next to the entry. It really looks like people are going to get what they truly want for the most part.

SantaC

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I'm so looking forward to this.

If you look up "Fan Service" in the gamer's dictionary, it would have a picture of this game next to the entry. It really looks like people are going to get what they truly want for the most part.

ahh now just megaman, simon belont or some FF character left then :p

radiuhm

Best update ever! Does anyone kinda see Sonic's moves like that of falcons? You know like that little charge up roll thing he did was kinda like falcon kick, and they both jump diagonally in the air after they perform that move.

Grecco

radiuhm said:
Best update ever! Does anyone kinda see Sonic's moves like that of falcons? You know like that little charge up roll thing he did was kinda like falcon kick, and they both jump diagonally in the air after they perform that move.

It looked more like Yoshis Egg Roll to me at least the spin ball.

radiuhm said:
And he used the aerial falcon kick.

MisterHero

SantaC said:
yeah obviously, let's compare DS3 to Sonic vs mario; once the fiercest rivals in video game history. *roll my fucking eyes*
:lol
it was years back sega would sue nintendo if nintendo used sonic for a game too

cmon you had to know its so obvious

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Hm strange that they went through the trouble to make a placeholder Character Select Screen for the conferences (The final selection screen HAS to be finished at this late in the game...)

The franchises aren't even grouped together properly on that. You'd think that they'd just put question marks over the characters they didn't want people to play as yet... And why are they keeping so many of the already-confirmed newcomers off the demo?

Also, I really wanted the character select screen to be on a white background like some of the other menus we've seen :( Would have looked really nice.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I knew I should have checked the smash dojo site earlier today. Now I've missed out on an additional 20 pages in this thread!

I really didnt expect sonic to be in brawl. I thought it was just a very hopeful expectation, so actually seeing sonic getting revealved was a pretty big shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom