• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Basically, as it stands now, my most used characters will be the following:

Ness: He will be in it. If Sakurai brought the Ice Climbers back (don't get me wrong, I LIKE the Ice Climbers), Ness will also return.

Kirby: He's traditionally been my secondary, right behind Ness. Well, Melee cruelly gimped him but hopefully Brawl will balance the pink puff.

Meta-Knight: He looks like a really good character. Imagine, a swordsman I actually like to use.

Lucas: Because he's freaking Lucas.

Sonic: Again, he looks like a high-tier character.

AshStrife

Segata Sanshiro said:
They just need to stop and breath before they release the console Sonic games. The handheld ones have been fine. 3D Sonic is just an incredibly tricky problem that SEGA has had absolutely no incentive to try to solve, given sales up til now.

Isn't Sega's current attitude that Sonic is just for kids? May be once they realize the franchise actually appeals to a wider audience, then they will put forth better effort.

The degree of polish that Nintendo seems to have laid on Sonic in Smash probably exceeds any recent Sega's offering.

felipeko

ElectricBlue187 said:
HOLY CRAP

all we need now is megaman and an early final fantasy character (Kain Highwind, anyone?) and this will be the best game of ALLLL time
An Mario Galaxy stage would be awesome aswell.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Vlad said:
The first song in the video is the SSBB theme, the second one is the theme from Melee, which is playable at the bottom of the page he linked you to.

uh oh.

Yeah.. so.. okay, thanks =)

AshStrife said:
Isn't Sega's current attitude that Sonic is just for kids? May be once they realize the franchise actually appeals to a wider audience, then they will put forth better effort.

The degree of polish that Nintendo seems to have laid on Sonic in Smash probably exceeds any recent Sega's offering.
No, that was the attitude of someone who is no longer with SEGA. I think he took a job with Sony, actually.

I don't think Sonic Team makes bad games on purpose, but if they keep selling the way they did up until this gen, why would they change? For critical approval? That and a buck get Iizuka a cup of coffee. The greatest incentive SEGA will have to change 3D Sonic is the games selling like crap. Which, finally, they have.

Segata Sanshiro said:
No, that was the attitude of someone who is no longer with SEGA. I think he took a job with Sony, actually.

I don't think Sonic Team makes bad games on purpose, but if they keep selling the way they did up until this gen, why would they change? For critical approval? That and a buck get Iizuka a cup of coffee. The greatest incentive SEGA will have to change 3D Sonic is the games selling like crap. Which, finally, they have.

Man, I hope those guys rethink how they do Sonic games. They've almost broken me.

Ramenman said:
hmmmm sooo the game is being demoed.

What I want :

SOME SCREENERS.

F that, gimme some game vids. These montage trailers are driving me nuts with their 2-second gameplay clips. It's impossible to get a feel for how the game plays like that.

AshStrife

Segata Sanshiro said:

That's nice to hear. Let's then hope for the best for the next Sonic game.

ElFly

The only blemish is that they used Live and Learn instead of Open your Heart. It is cool, but not as cool as the SA theme.

Also, tainted by Shadow. bleargh.

Insaniac

So i'm on a really flaky internet connection, what has been officially confirmed and what media has been released since the smash bros website update?

i'd really appreciate a small summary :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Holy Order Sol said:
PS3 version CONFIRMED.

Hopefully we'll get some Sonic related updates by the end of the week.

Green Hill Remix please
Sonic already has more updates than the F-Zero series. We need a whole week of Falcon love!

4ndii

Segata Sanshiro said:
Too bad they didn't honour Crash Bandicoot with an invite. We could have recreated the 16bit and 32bit wars.

Snake is essentially a PlayStation character. This game needs more Megaman.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Insaniac said:
So i'm on a really flaky internet connection, what has been officially confirmed and what media has been released since the smash bros website update?

i'd really appreciate a small summary :)

Sonic in Smash Bros.
Japanese delay to January 24th
NA release is now TBD

Segata Sanshiro said:

Couldn't have put it better myself, Segata.

Holy Order Sol said:
PS3 version CONFIRMED.

Hopefully we'll get some Sonic related updates by the end of the week.

Green Hill Remix please
Yeah a couple of double updates for the rest of the week would be nice:

Thur: Sonic's stage/music
Fri: Sonic's special moves/final smash

Ok we need Rayman, pre-angry Jak and Daxter, Crash, Spyro what else for a ultimate mascot wars? Maybe Croc or Zool? Yeah I guess that's scrapping the bottom.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Prime crotch said:
Ok we need Rayman, pre-angry Jak and Daxter, Crash, Spyro what else for a ultimate mascot wars? Maybe Croc or Zool? Yeah I guess that's scrapping the bottom.

Bonk. It's time to finish the 16-bit mascot wars

ohamsie

Prime crotch said:

We need Bonk to represent the TurboGrafx or however they spelled it.

Chumly

crowphoenix said:
That's like getting hit in the gut with a metal pipe and popping up and saying that it could have been a metal bat.

:lol :lol :lol

Im just trying to make the best of a very sad situation :(

Dartastic

Does anyone else think that the 2 player side scroller will be the best shit EVER with Mario and Sonic fighting SIDE BY SIDE? OMG. BEST ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE YEAR.

I blame Wii Fit.
:D

ElectricBlue187 said:
HOLY CRAP

all we need now is megaman and an early final fantasy character (Kain Highwind, anyone?) and this will be the best game of ALLLL time

if Square is getting involved, GIVE US GENO (Kinnopio in some areas, I think)

CassSept

Dartastic said:
Does anyone else think that the 2 player side scroller will be the best shit EVER with Mario and Sonic fighting SIDE BY SIDE? OMG. BEST ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE YEAR.
I guess thats what fanboys wanted to do 15 years ago
"Look, im playing as Mario with Sonic as my sidekick!!"
"Look lol, its Mario who is Sonic's sidekick, pwnt!!"
Awesome

Iam Canadian

CassSept said:
I guess thats what fanboys wanted to do 15 years ago
"Look, im playing as Mario with Sonic as my sidekick!!"
"Look lol, its Mario who is Sonic's sidekick, pwnt!!"
Awesome

When I was a kid, there was one absolute in all of video gaming: Mario and Sonic would never team up. Ever.

Stage On

Since Sonic is in the game I'd love a Death Egg stage! Can you imagain one minute fighting on the floor and then the antigrave kicks in and suddenly your fighting on the Cealing? That's what a Death egg stage would be like! Rock on!

On the other hand the stealth delay is killing me! I thought just getting throught the rest of October and Novemeber to get this game was going to be bad enough and now I looks like I'll have to get throught most of December and Januaray as well :(

Damn December would have been better since then I could play during the christmas break rather then during the second symester of collage. Oh well at least it's not a Twilight princess like year long delay.

Still the games is so wtf amazing now that it can only get even better with extra time.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I still find it hard to believe that sonic and mario are going to fight each other in a game, I remember the countless arguments with my friends when I was 10 years old about who'll win between Sonic and Mario.

Iam Canadian

Maybe you battle Petey at multiple points throughout the adventure. After all, he is Mario's most tenacious adversary outside of Bowser.

Speaking of the delay, wouldn't you guy imagine that Nintendo would be pulling out the stops to get this game out the door for the holiday shopping season? From a sales perspective, such a delay seems like a HUGE missed opportunity.

Error said:
I still find it hard to believe that sonic and mario are going to fight each other in a game, I remember the countless arguments with my friends when I was 10 years old about who'll win between Sonic and Mario.

Canonically (storywise), Sonic beats Mario, no question.

felipeko

WastingPenguins said:
Speaking of the delay, wouldn't you guy imagine that Nintendo would be pulling out the stops to get this game out the door for the holiday shopping season? From a sales perspective, such a delay seems like a HUGE missed opportunity.
The game will sell no matter what... It will probably be selling a lot for whole Wii life...

felipeko said:
The game will sell no matter what... It will probably be selling a lot for whole Wii life...

With gamers, yes, but missing that window of opportunity with the casuals, who will probably only buy at Christmas with multiple game, will make the sales a bit less, I would imagine. But, I could be wrong.

KINGMOKU

So, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many copies this game is going to sell lifetime?

My early estimates have it pegged right around 15-20million total.

If Capcom adds Mega-man, and you have Snake, Sonic, and Mega-man, it could be insaneo.

Jiggy

TheKingsCrown said:
Where is this demo

Where IS IT

Also,

Do any other veteran Smash Bros. players agree that sonics move set looks f'ing amazing and fluid? There must be SOMEONE
Yeah, I said much earlier in the thread last night that I think Sonic will be top-tier competitively, or at least very close to it. It's really hard to go wrong with characters this fast: see Sheik, Captain Falcon, and Fox in Melee.

felipeko

crowphoenix said:
With gamers, yes, but missing that window of opportunity with the casuals, who will probably only buy at Christmas with multiple game, will make the sales a bit less, I would imagine. But, I could be wrong.
It will have 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 holliday.. i don't think they're worried.

Moku said:
So, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to how many copies this game is going to sell lifetime?

My early estimates have it pegged right around 15-20million total.

If Capcom adds Mega-man, and you have Snake, Sonic, and Mega-man, it could be insaneo.
I agree with you. :D

KINGMOKU

I just thought of something. Having Sonic in this game means that for the first time in what seems like forever, Sonic will be in a good side scrolling game for a console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom