• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neomoto

Yeah my mouth fell open when I saw the unveiling..

It also helps that he's a very cool character to play with based on the video's. Actually, every new character seems great and I'm very happy with that!

Gribbix

If Sonic was announced first, I don't think everyone would automatically assume there would be more 3rd party characters. Sonic's appearance was almost expected. However, when Snake first appeared everyone was like: "ZOMG, all bets are off!!! What WON'T Sakurai do?!?!"

Ramenman

Yes ! Photo mode !

Do want.

And I'm also guessing replay mode for the blurred out thing.

Only because it's been a wet dream of mine since the first time I've played brawl.
So much funny things happen at mach speed sometimes, like chain reactions etc. I'd soo love to be able to see them again.

Uremifasolasiututut said:
Am I sad for immediately thinking of this?

zelda.jpg

Good one. :lol

Ramenman said:
Only because it's been a wet dream of mine since the first time I've played brawl.
So much funny things happen at mach speed sometimes, like chain reactions etc. I'd soo love to be able to see them again.

Or knocking someone out of their hammer rampage with The KNEE.

MisterHero said:
Also, Snake is still a Kyle Reese ripoff. :p

KyleReese_Is_Snake.jpg

Given the execution of the cloning plot of the recently leaked 80s draft of Escape from LA, I think Plissken is still the go-to inspiration. I just wonder how Kojima got his hands on it before now.

woxel1

Iam Canadian said:
Don't make me post that "Excuuuuuse me, Princess!" Youtube video.

It's so tempting.
I had this dream last night, swear to god. My cellphone rings, right? So I pick it up and yell "Well EXCUUUUUUUUSE me." Zelda says, "Hello?" and I meekly reply "...princess?"

Koomaster

Does this mean I can take my SD card to a photo place and print out photos of the characters in action... setting them up in love and friendship poses and group shots and then printing them out and posting them all over my wall at home?

<3

Scribble

ARGH. Why does my internet have to fuck up this week of ALL weeks? Well, at least it didn't do it on Sonic Day.

Can't even watch the videos because I'm on 56k right now. ;_;

MisterHero

Count Dookkake said:
Given the execution of the cloning plot of the recently leaked 80s draft of Escape from LA, I think Plissken is still the go-to inspiration. I just wonder how Kojima got his hands on it before now.
Of course Plissken is the literal inspiration (MGS2 solidifies it). I'm just poking fun at the boxart and Snake's entrance sub-reference (Kyle Reese time traveling!). :lol

Jiggy

SuperAngelo64 said:
Also: I wouldn't want "Black Mage" or "White Mage" in this game. Just a personal thing, I don't like the idea of generic characters with label-names in this game. (i.e. "Goomba" or "Koopa Troopa")

In fact I'm still a little steamed that they called Red "Pokemon Trainer" instead've "Red"... which is actually his name in the first-party canon (Silver/Gold).
This reminds me. I hope the reason he's called "Pokemon Trainer" is either that he has multiple different models as alternates, that he's customizable in the first place, or that players can at least assign him any name they want.

Scribble

Jiggy37 said:
This reminds me. I hope the reason he's called "Pokemon Trainer" is either that he has multiple different models as alternates, that he's customizable in the first place, or that players can at least assign him any name they want.

Maybe it's something to do with Ash Ketchum.

"Completely off topic, but I would shit myself if the song "Rumbling HWY" from Sonic Adventure 2 was in this game. It's my all time favorite Sonic song of any series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2pfNiBp-0o"

Definitely agree on Rumbling Highway.
I always hit repeat on this one when I'm listening to the SA2 soundtrack! :D

alphajammer said:
"Completely off topic, but I would shit myself if the song "Rumbling HWY" from Sonic Adventure 2 was in this game. It's my all time favorite Sonic song of any series.

Yeah that one really retains the feeling of the tunes from the 2D games.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Holy Order Sol said:
Yeah that one really retains the feeling of the tunes from the 2D games.

You know, for all the heat that the Sonic Adventure games get, the songs that didn't include crappy lyrics were actually really good.

Iam Canadian said:
You know, for all the heat that the Sonic Adventure games get, the songs that didn't include crappy lyrics were actually really good.

I know, I've spent an insane amount of time trying to get all of those emblems in SA2. :lol
I got stuck at about 150. :(

I remember Pyramid Cave and the Biolizard's theme being great songs too.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Holy Order Sol said:
I know, I've spent an insane amount of time trying to get all of those emblems in SA2. :lol
I got stuck at about 150. :(

I remember Pyramid Cave and the Biolizard's theme being great songs too.

Pyramid Cave? Good song.

Biolizard's theme? God, no.

.....Darn it, Sakurai..... :( ....

What a letdown. I was so hoping to play this game around Christmas time. Less time to play with my brother before he leaves. I guess now we can look forward to Valentines won't we. This did kinda outshadow the snapshot update didn't it. :lol

Bloodwake

Edit: Oops, too late.

But anyways, Snake being in Super Smash Bros. is a MUCH bigger deal than Sonic, mainly because Snake isn't really a staple on Nintendo consoles.

gwiz210

alphajammer said:

HOLY CRAP YES YES YES EPIC WIN

One of the few game tunes I actually have on my iPod. Good choice good sir.

Anyway, I'm confused. When I save screenshots to my SD card will they be .jpg(win) or a .bin thats only readable on wii(loose)? I want to but my screenshots on my Mac like i did with Halo 3 :p

gwiz210

Iam Canadian said:
Two redeeming factors about both Sonic Adventure games, Chao and Music.

gwiz210 said:
Two redeeming factors about both Sonic Adventure games, Chao and Music.

Agreed. It was fun raising Chao and racing them in the nursery and I loved the music (particularly for Tails' sandboarding level - can't remember the name for it though) so much that I would replay levels just to listen to it.

MindCollizion said:
Whoa, so like HALO 3 thread is doneskies.

Anywho, Snake's appearance in Brawl on the first trailer ever was the most shocking shocking thing EVER. People have always been speculating about Sonic in Smash Bros. but not so much with Snake which took the world by storm. Sonic is still a fine addition but let's not forget how big of an impact the announcement of Snake caused all over the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0npfFqwpwlo

Firestorm

kamikaze said:
you and your friends need to relax a little. :D for serious competition, yeah, this is useless but you never play with friends for fun?

my friends and i usually mess around with fun characters trying to do flashy things for awhile before any serious smashing begins. for those sorts of casual fights, this feature will be great.

My friends and I do the same thing. But, we're kinda impatient. People pausing randomly, panning around, zooming in, and taking snapshots repeatedly in matches isn't going to work. Especially in the environment I play in. It's usually 4 player free for alls, and up to 6 people waiting to play. Sometimes one player is out for two rounds in a row due to the amount of people.

Pausing is a no-no. Usually if I get a phone call in the middle I just play one handed running around to avoid people as it's impolite to keep everyone waiting while you take a call.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Firestorm to spam everyone with Tails stickerbook shots.

Your mom's fat

I certainly hope they have pause on/off. I hate it when someone's losing and turns into a jackass that keeps pausing the game. You can keep smacking them but they don't learn. Anyways, knowing Sakuria it'll be in.

OliveJuice said:
I certainly hope they have pause on/off. I hate it when someone's losing and turns into a jackass that keeps pausing the game. You can keep smacking them but they don't learn. Anyways, knowing Sakuria it'll be in.
Friends do that? i'd rightfully kick them out the house for being like a little kid if they kept doing that :(

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I like how the Ice Climbers under Charizard is a replica of the end of the Ice Climbers stages where they jump at the pterodactyl at the top :lol

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'll mention it again. Whoever the 'secret team' was for Brawl don't have their name in the credits. Under the development title it's still Hal Labs, it seems.

Zeed

Banned
Oblivion said:
I'll mention it again. Whoever the 'secret team' was for Brawl don't have their name in the credits. Under the development title it's still Hal Labs, it seems.
I wonder what all the secrecy is about, really. Do they have something to hide? If so, is it good or bad?

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Anyone else a little perturbed that there has been no sign of the Pikmin franchise yet?

Jiggy

Zeed said:
You and I can revel in our inadequacies together, Jiggy.
At least we'll always have our post counts.

Oblivion said:
Interesting find. So it's like a TOSE situation where even when they do something, they're not necessarily credited... (Or at least not at this current point.)

Zeed

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Interesting find. So it's like a TOSE situation where even when they do something, they're not necessarily credited... (Or at least not at this current point.)
It would suck if they never get credited. Imagine working your ass off on the greatest game ever made and never having anyone acknowledge your stupendous contribution to society.

Speaking of which, I wonder what the development of Brawl and the Dojo will do for Sakurai's personal fame. I first learned his name when he made Meteos and they were making a big deal out of the fact that the game was directed by "the SSBM guy". Since then my respect for him as a developer has shot through the roof (Meteos was awesome, by the way). He's still a freelancer, and I can't help but think that this will give him carte blanche when searching for new jobs.

Jiggy

Zeed said:
It would suck if they never get credited. Imagine working your ass off on the greatest game ever made and never having anyone acknowledge your stupendous contribution to society.
I don't doubt that the individuals will get credited, but I'm curious about the team. Is it even worth crediting if it's just going to be dissolved after SSBB? Is it going to be dissolved after SSBB in the first place?

Speaking of which, I wonder what the development of Brawl and the Dojo will do for Sakurai's personal fame. I first learned his name when he made Meteos and they were making a big deal out of the fact that the game was directed by "the SSBM guy". Since then my respect for him as a developer has shot through the roof (Meteos was awesome, by the way). He's still a freelancer, and I can't help but think that this will give him carte blanche when searching for new jobs.
Likewise; I also didn't know Sakurai's name until Meteos and also thought Meteos was awesome and think he's only on his way up from here on out.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Jiggy37 said:

I got some flack for mentioning that possibily a while back, and although I admit it sounded a bit silly, it would also kind make sense, especially at this point. Afterall, it doesn't mean that you're going to have one of the Tose guys as one of the leads or anything. Just get a bunch of them to do the code monkey work, and leave the designing and the other important aspects to the original veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom