• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy fucking shit Kishimoto.

WE GET IT. Naruto and Sasuke parrallel Hashi and Faildara.

Anyone who didn't realize that was a fucking moron. You don't have to spell shit out for us like we're stupid

Komorebi no Kuni 1-39 (END)
2423609238spu29.jpg
I've always been slightly unsure about how crucial a manga's art is to my enjoyment of it, particularly how I'd feel about something that was wonderful to look at but unremarkable in its story / writing.

Well, now I have my answer. This was one of the most enjoyable series I've read for quite some time. At its heart it was a basic 'cute girls doing cute things' slice of life manga, but the art (which was full colour throughout) and - to a lesser extent - the setting elevated it beyond any other entries in the genre I can recall reading. My only real regret is that at <10 pages per chapter (once it got going), it was over far too quickly. I would've loved another 100 200 300 etc chapters.

Jack Rakan is alive.

He's too broken to stay dead :D

Or he just slided through dimensions and OG Timeline Rakan will make an appearance in UQ Holder, because why the hell not ?

Frankly, I'm still salty over the Negima debacle, sure now Akamatsu has free reign over how to make the battle shounen manga he always wanted to do, but boy I hope UQH will do some serious retcon/explaining of its prequel.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've read Bonnouji and Inari, Konkon, Koi, Iroha over the past week. I need something new with art equally as cute and a story equally as "awwww"

Soma

I've read Bonnouji and Inari, Konkon, Koi, Iroha over the past week. I need something new with art equally as cute and a story equally as "awwww"

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru has been pretty good so far. I just wish there were more chapters out.

I'm still waiting on the next Horimiya chapter to get translated too. :(

Pimpwerx

Naruto
The Naruto-Sasuke parallel is a bit on the nose. We get it, as someone else pointed out. Then again, this is written for adolescents, so maybe it's to be expected. Not a whole lot happened, but I guess Kishi wanted to give background on the kages for some later chapter.

Bleach
That was expected. I assume Hitsu and Soi Fong will escape somehow, but it was very much expected. Am I the only person who gets bored quickly of Bleach when Ichigo isn't featured in chapters? Really, he's the only character I have any attachment to in the series.

One Piece
Setting something up. I would prefer to see the SHs start to engage in their individual battles already. Next chapter should explain Dofla's background. Interesting that he doesn't look nor act like any of the other Celestial Dragons.

3 meh chapters this week. I'm not mad though. Green Blood updates on Mangastream more than made my week. Luke is turning into a bit of a badass, which is nice. Also...NEW CITY! PEACE.

B.O.O.M

Naruto: boring as fuck...seeing the first Kage's was cool I guess but let's all come together for the common good shtick is getting way too old now. Sasuke and the cursed mark combo is also one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in this manga too.

One Piece: Very interesting. So much going on on all fronts.

Bleach: Worse than Naruto. He took a long break and came back to the same old crap pattern again. Fight the bad, get overwhelmed, overwhelm him/her...then the enemy shows their final form...you surprise them and win

rinse repeat. Sooner this manga ends the better it would be

Bleach

I loved the part with Mayuri and Nakk Le Vaar. Nakk tried to mindfuck Mayuri lol. The shinigami will lose this battle and they will move to HM. I think it´s really interesting that Juha Bach know how the captains will react once their bankai has been taken. And how BG9 and Buzz-B are attacking the captains without bankai. BG9 was definitely looking for Soi Fong to collect more data.

But seriously though, why do all of you hate Hitsugaya so much? Because he really hasn't done anything on the level of horseshit of Obito, Faildara, Natsu, etc.

If you're excuse is that he gets way too much fanservice...this is Bleach...the manga that defines fan-service.

Because Hitsugaya is all talk. He told Aizen that he will kill him in SS arc, he was slashed. Gin played with him as if Hitsugaya was a kid. Hitsugaya said he will kill Aizen in FKT arc, yet he got cut. Hitsugaya is arrogant, no fun leader, that talks big.

one piece

Very good chapter. Finally we got some info about the WG, and the celestial dragon. Finally some significant plot progression.

Akito

Ran and the Gray World
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou
Gisèle Alain
Yasashii Sekai no Tsukurikata

scy

Humorously, I read Seishun Forget the other day.

About four chapters in, I remembered I had already read it last year.

I'm still reeling from the meta there.

Shinonome Yuuko wa Tanpen Shousetsu o Aishite Iru 1 - 7
Aaaaaand another series I'll add to my MAL and will forget for the next 6 months in order to indulge myself in a binge-reading night !

Humorously, I read Seishun Forget the other day.

About four chapters in, I remembered I had already read it last year.

I'm still reeling from the meta there.

So meta.

But, I definitely want to experience the feeling of reading Seishun Forget all over again.

B.O.O.M

The author ruined the image of many characters in Bleach..and imho Hitsugaya was the biggest victim. He went from a cool, extremely powerful character to a guy who is all talk and boring

Naruto 648

BS power up is lame. Just give him the goddamn Rinnegan and be done with it.

Also, Raikage looks awesome.

Bleach 550

Thoroughly enjoying this beatdown.

One Piece 722

Well, at least Law is still conscious after getting tagged team.

And Brook had his moment to shine this arc!

Maybe he'll be lucky and have another one.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
And here I thought they were Jiraya and Orchimaru.

They are.

In Naruto's case, he's also Minato, Kushina, Obito, Nagato, Nawaki, and Dan.

And in Sasuke's case, he's also Itachi and Kakashi.

Everyone is everyone else. I am you. You are me. All is one. That is Alchemy. Wait, wrong manga.

Averon

Naruto

Kishi is stretching this final battle as much as possible. And, yes, Naruto and Sasuke are the new Hashi and Madara of the next generation. Stopping hitting us over the head with what's been painfully obvious for several years now, Kishi.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Bleach

Really? We're still doing Hitsu-lame's fight? Don't care about any of this.

Naruto

Bullshit power-up, annoying reminders of shit we've already had drilled into our heads, not much else.

One Piece

A confirmation of what we already suspected all along as well as with a reveal of how the world government formed. The Soul King did his thing and we've moved one more step toward the end game of this arc. It's becoming fairly apparent what has happened on Dressrosa and it is messed up.

Naruto 648

Now Sasuke can use sage techniques too. And everyone saw Hashirama's dream. Kind of meh about the comparison between Naruto/Sasuke and Hashirama/Madara.

Bleach 550

Hitsugaya fight. And apparently Quincy dude's fire is stronger than Yamamoto's fire. Soi Fon getting beaten down. As expected. Perhaps Yoruichi will pop by and help her.

One Piece 722

Backstory and a history lesson. The story seems to be reaching the first major confilct of this arc. Everyone but Luffy is heading towards Green Bit. Good to see how the Government was made and where the Celestial Dragons came from.

Soriku

If Bazz-B's flames are stronger than Yamamoto's then he better be able to destroy Hitsugaya.

I want to see some captains killed. Though Hitsugaya is probably safe because of his fangirls...

upandaway

One Piece

Mango revealing some details was pretty nice. Knowing this manga, each of those 19 families will probably be a separate thing at some point. Maybe not on the level of this arc, but y'know.

I can't even think of that many traditional, honest "kingdoms" in OP that could be part of the 19. Drum, maybe? The one that was on Jaya before it shot up? Norland's? Wano country (there IS a dude with a sword among the Gorosei)? Elbaf is probably not one of them.. neither is Fishman Island.. hmmm. Hmmmmm.

Oh well. Brook's stuff was great. Cabbage was really cool. Kinda hard to be focused on the tournament when things are going down everywhere like that. At this point I'm not sure the second round will even happen.

mhs004

If Bazz-B's flames are stronger than Yamamoto's then he better be able to destroy Hitsugaya.

I want to see some captains killed. Though Hitsugaya is probably safe because of his fangirls and fanboys...

Fixed it for you. He really is a terrible character and I hope he loses.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I want to see some captains killed. Though Hitsugaya is probably safe because of his fangirls...

He's gonna be full of shit, if that was true there would be no reason to steal the bankais.

It´s not. We don´t know if Yamamoto used his full shikai. He could as well used the same power he used on Hallibel´s fractions. Besides Buzz-B was burned up even when he put protection for Yamamoto´s shikai. And there´s no way he´s close to Yamamto´s bankai, but i will reserve that judgement until Buzz-B uses his flames with full power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom