• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Amagon

Let me a give shout out to a fellow GAF member, The_Monk, for giving me the hookup from his wifey to commission me a bracelet that he had posted last month which was made by her and I just received it this week. Really is such a beautiful bracelet. I love it!

kFmcvK3l.jpg

LwIxSSFl.jpg

brainpann

October just started and I kinda already overdid it. :p

Oh well, the only other thing I am picking up this month is WWHD so, whatevs. I have been shopping around for a Duo-R for sometime, and this one came with the multi tap, an RGB mod, a region mod, and all the needed cables, etc. All for slightly more than i see most vanilla Duo-R's go for. Probably my fav pick up in a long time.

Also, full disclosure. I ordered the Neo Geo USB pad in August but it just arrived from Play-Asia.

The_Monk

Let me a give shout out to a fellow GAF member, The_Monk, for giving me the hookup from his wifey to commission me a bracelet that he had posted last month which was made by her and I just received it this week. Really is such a beautiful bracelet. I love it!

kFmcvK3l.jpg

LwIxSSFl.jpg

I'm so glad you liked it and it arrived well after a long trip fellow GAFfer! Every piece is one of a kind and it's all 100% hand made. Thank you very much for posting it.

If anyone wants to offer something nice and original for his lady/girlfriend/mom/wife she also makes great pieces too my good GAFfers. Just let me know. :)

0ZNyhCB.jpg

Bomberman Tournament

I bought myself another copy after having lost mine years ago.
I found a factory sealed copy online for EIGHT DOLLARS and immediately bought it.

It arrived in a thin, single layer bubble mailer and as a result, the box got crushed.
zN2Qyjm.png

h2CKg1U.png

Z0kFS6j.jpg

I contacted the seller about it and they gave me a full refund so I can't complain.
I was pretty disappointed that the box got messed up, but considering that I have the box from my original copy somewhere (even though it's crushed WORSE than this one) it doesn't bother me too much.
I'll try to bend it back to straight as best as I can.

bRtecBK.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

just got Army of Darkness Ultimate Edition in the mail! :D

1269712_10202005693685061_1068466843_o.jpg

This german special box is pretty much the only version that has a HD release on Bluray of all 3 versions of the film.

Auskeek

My Afterglow was getting a bit shitty, so I got a new Rock Candy PS3 Controller. The EB Games clerk was a charming lady as well so that's always a plus

LiQkiDt.jpg

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Loose Konami cartridges, I added the game titles for those wondering.
jwipgkr.jpg
Q*bert with Moai heads and Twinbee? What?

*looks up Youtube play video*

...Wow, that is a very loose interpretation of Q*bert. So basically they took the name and just made a totally different game. Disappointed!

meppi

shit nice man , you gonna love the vita :)

Oh I do. :)
Didn't expect to fall in love with the system like I have, especially seeing how I felt about my PSP, even though I imported one from Japan on launch. Ended up being my WipEout machine and little else...
That's also the reason why I waited so long to pick up a Vita.
The new LCD version pushed the decision to grab one forward in a rapid way.

meppi: I don't think I could make it through that many games in a year lol.
Well to be honest, I'm not able to play all of them right now since there are just a bit too many. Still have to play Soul Sacrifice (loved the demo though), Uncharted, Dynasty Warriors and Gravity Rush. And I have Virtua Tennis, Lumines and the Japanese double pack of Earth Defence Forces 3 underway as well right now. hehe
But I've been home sick for a couple of weeks now and I need to get a lot of rest, so what better way to have a new handheld with loads of games so that I don't even feel like getting off the couch at all. ;)

Q*bert with Moai heads and Twinbee? What?

*looks up Youtube play video*

...Wow, that is a very loose interpretation of Q*bert. So basically they took the name and just made a totally different game. Disappointed!

That rendition of Q*Bert isn't as popular for its gameplay in itself.

It's a quite popular cartridge though, because every MSX computer has 2 cartridge slots.
You can "combine" cartridges through these two slots to unlock hidden features. The Q*Bert cartridge is a popular "2nd slot cartridge", because it's "combineable" with many other Konami cartridges.

Looks like we both got lucky - although I had to resort to ebay for my copy. Paid a slight premium, but it's brand new and sealed, so I'm happy. Arrived today, wasn't expecting it to be so big!

Other pickups for me so far in October:

Sena Kashiwazaki from Haganai figure - to go with Yozora, who is less than impressed at Meat's arrival!
s1zMwq5.jpg

What is that display case? Ive got a bunch of figures that I want to display, and Ive finally got some space to build.

What is that display case? Ive got a bunch of figures that I want to display, and Ive finally got some space to build.

That would be the trusty IKEA Detolf (excuse the not-great photo):

aPmHgA2.jpg

It's a relatively inexpensive glass cabinet, but gets the job done nicely. I used a set of chained LED light strips on a remote switch. The cabling is hidden as best as possible with rubber tubing (easier to see in my original close-up photo), and the LED strips are zip-tied to the metal frame, but for the top one, which is glued. I think it can be found in IKEA in most countries, judging by the amount of photos online that I've seen them used in.

Groof

Part 2 of my birthday haul, this time from my brother:
One origami style helmet (big one in the back), one frisbee, one halloween mask, two sweatbands for head and wrist, a pin, one condom and of course, the CD itself. Pretty ballin' stuff if you ask me!

Got a second gamecube with 4 controllers and double dash yesterday night. I've only had one gamecube for the longest time and got rid of my copy of double dash. I'm looking to buy a second copy and two more controllers so I can get some 8 player matches going

Thankfully my first broadband adatper came in today through the mail as well. Still trying to hunt down a second one but all the ebay ones ship to States only, or cost an arm and a leg.

D-e-f-

Banned
Accidentally posted this in the September thread the other day:
wfpazqys.jpg

Wii Fit U hype got to me. Dat stupid Fit Meter sold me on the idea. Got a balance board on the cheap! (less than half of the original price and barely used! even had the club nintendo code unused)

And from today:
areignssjudm.jpg

Arrived from thehut. Couldn't say no for 10 pounds.

zmet

Two new Super Sweep Record releases: Gigandes Soundtrack + DVD (a weird little known arcade shooter) and Scorpius Soundtrack + DVD (the Sharp X68000 shooter), and a used Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers Soundtrack

House of Wax 3D and The Wizard of Oz 3D

jZX6OpN.jpg

MGR CE's price fell to the point that I was waiting for. (60€)
Persona 4 Arena's price was getting to an irresistible point as well. (~15€)
And some cheaper earphones for running. Actually I am super satisfied with them, was expecting something a lot worse for the price.

Probably the only pickup I'll be making for the next few months(years lol).

still getting a PS4 :p

1186231_706380243313_589540432_n_zps5b0b741e.jpg

Edit: had to black out the LP lol

Top Bottom