• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

jonno394

After all the positivity about the PS4 and the excitement the Vita TV instilled in me with regards to Vita games, I decided to reinvest for £85 off ebay

2013-10-05181754_zpsa96b9037.jpg

I promptly invested in a 16GB memory card (the auction came with a 4GB which I have no use for yet) and a £20 PSN Voucher. I used £10 of this on Guacamalee!

Then hit up my PS+ collection for a few quality titles

And copied over my PSX collection from my PS3

some birthday pickups:

IMG_2074_zpsfb011748.jpg

the girlfriend somehow managed to find me a CE of KH 1.5

IMG_2068_zps8072433c.jpg

macbook pro w/ retina display from my parents, nike+fuelband from my sister and her fiancé, girlfriend got me the rest (Obey sweater, dress shirts, and nike sensor).

also got a $50 giftcard to target from her mom which will probably go to pokemon x

overall, a good start to the month

No, they have to be on the front. Believe it or not, back in the early days, USK logos actually USED to be on the back (or on the side for big box PC games) before all these suicide shootings and media drama pointing the finger towards video games. Then they were moved to the front and then in 2009 they made them HUGE until they realized they were butt ugly and changed their design to the mildly less offensive ones we have now.

Just be glad they don't look like this anymore:
*yuck*

I just checked my collection and I have a couple of German editions with those old logos. And quite a lot of other games that have been "affected" by this plague as well.

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 (PS2), Mega Man: Powered Up (PSP), Ikaruga (NGC) and Soul Reaver 2 have a small USK logo.

My copies of Castlevania (PS2), Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (PS2), Silent Hill 2 (PS2), God Hand (PS2), Metal Gear Ac!d (PSP), Tales of Xillia LE (PS3), Game & Watch Collection (NDS), Mario Kart Wii (Wii), Monster Hunter Tri (Wii), New Super Mario Bros (Wii), Pandora's Tower (Wii), Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii), Torchlight II (PC) and Siren: Blood Curse (PS3) all have the current size one, and some of them the old style one from the Chrono Trigger box. Why...?

Fortunately Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army (PS2) and Maken Shao - Demon Sword (PS2) only have a USK sticker on them actually.

Good lord, I never realised it was this bad! :-(

Iacobellis

some birthday pickups:

IMG_2074_zpsfb011748.jpg

the girlfriend somehow managed to find me a CE of KH 1.5

IMG_2068_zps8072433c.jpg

macbook pro w/ retina display from my parents, nike+fuelband from my sister and her fiancé, girlfriend got me the rest (Obey sweater, dress shirts, and nike sensor).

also got a $50 giftcard to target from her mom which will probably go to pokemon x

overall, a good start to the month

I hate to be that guy, but the new rMBP models are supposed to be coming soon. Just thought I'd let you know.

Andrew J.

My local Blockbuster lasted for a surprisingly long time, but it's finally started closing down, which means closing sales! By the time I got there it had mostly been picked clean of anything interesting, but I got this copy of B:TBATB and some cheap candy.

I hate to be that guy, but the new rMBP models are supposed to be coming soon. Just thought I'd let you know.

yeah i know :|

my parents were super excited to give me the gift (had it all wrapped up nicely and whatnot) and i didnt want to mention the new models to them. out of respect, i'll just keep it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Just more Shizuka goodies

Seven Colors DVD+Blu-ray
958OopJ.jpg

2 copies of Shizuka Kiss photobook
9xB3H3o.jpg

Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger: Gaburincho of Music soundtrack CD (Shizuka has 2 songs in it)
MMWLCSd.jpg

Early Octobre pickups:

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection (PS3)
Frogger (MSX)
Cabbage Patch Kids (MSX)
Athletic Land (MSX)

Athletic Land and Cabbage Patch Kids are basically the same game. The first one was the first Konami cartridge released for the MSX (RC700). Later Konami must have acquired the Cabbage Patch Kids license, and so they reissued Athletic Land with different sprites and different backgrounds. The levels ("Scenes") are the same though. Also, as a bonus, you can change the hairdo, skirt and name of lead character Anna Lee in Cabbage Patch Kids, which you couldn't in Athletic Land.

So if you thought lazy cash grabs are a phenomenon from this era, think again. ;-)

HsXVSYk.jpg

JEKKI

I went to the comic store to buy just one book!

one specific book!!!!

came home instead with 4 -_-;;

5a982ae22ee211e3b85a22000ab6855b_7.jpg

seriously, that used section sure knows how to get you o_O

Drain You

Do any of you end of regretting spending a good hunk of cash on something gaming related? Reason being is I am so tempted to buy something, price will only go up, but the price is so outrageous. bleh, shitty post.

QSw.jpg

New kitten to keep current kitty from boredom.

As another manly man, all I can say is 'Awww' and I hope he/she grows up to be a badass hunter.

Not that I want to derail this thread, but what are you calling him/her? I have one that looks just like yours called Watson...he is an incredibly simple cat.

Yes Boss!

This gem will change my gaming life forever:

IMG_2200.jpg

Pretty much.

No looking back now.

Unless you are totally and absolutely 100-% obsessed with CRTs then this has an image that far, far surpasses anything that you can get out of an old tube, in the sense that you can go larger and have an incredible image.

sca2511

Few pickups from the past couple of months. Sorry for the low light phone pictures.

Wii U Zelda Console
N9FjTxSl.jpg

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom and Lorde - Tennis Court EP Vinyl
DzQyw7ml.jpg

Some 3D covers for Villain month and a set of The Last of Us comics.
7jdCcx3l.jpg
RvZngiVl.jpg

Superior Spider-Man Vol.1 Ditko Variant
XKyLV9Pl.jpg

Kotobukiya's Asuka and Evil Supergirl
UD6ogEXl.jpg

DC Direct Batgirl
9wNlwBal.jpg

Soulhouf

Welcome to the club! Make sure to update the firmware!

I didn't know it's possible to update it.
Thanks for the info!

Pretty much.

No looking back now.

Unless you are totally and absolutely 100-% obsessed with CRTs then this has an image that far, far surpasses anything that you can get out of an old tube, in the sense that you can go larger and have an incredible image.

Agreed.
I still have a Trinitron and even that one isn't as good.

This is the rendering with everything set to default except the scanlines:

IMG_2215.jpg

It's stunning...

Dazzler

Congrats mate!

I'm just going through the residency process right now, so I have a long road ahead of me before I get to where you are

Bashtee

Got mail today, they sure packed it up good.

Sorry for the last one :/

The Steelbook looks really good. Except for the blue line (which probably connects to Aiden), it's completly black. Even the side only has the PS3 logo, no beyond two souls on it.

I promptly invested in a 16GB memory card (the auction came with a 4GB which I have no use for yet) and a £20 PSN Voucher. I used £10 of this on Guacamalee!

hey hey new Vitabros! :D

In regards to this, i just got a new 32GB card from Amazon and started the backup/restore process. 41£/50€/65$ being relatively cheap for one :p

vitabackup.jpg

16GB's just isn't enough when you start getting those 4GB games :p

HardRojo

Do any of you end of regretting spending a good hunk of cash on something gaming related? Reason being is I am so tempted to buy something, price will only go up, but the price is so outrageous. bleh, shitty post.

God of War III Collector's Edition... I regretted it so bad a few months after I bought it, should've just gone with the regular edition.

Top Bottom