• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

gogogow

Yeah, they could at least keep them off the limited editions...

The thing is, the Limited Editions ALWAYS have them, no matter where you are in Europe; Netherlands, France, Belgium, Germay etc., because they (Sony, Nintendo, MS) only make ONE version for Europe.

9PwecYQ.jpg

GAME UK sent me two. I only ordered one!

Dr Dogg

Welcome to the club! :D

It's even more than Viewtiful, it's Wonderful!!!

Hahahaha. D'oh how silly of me.

It's one of the few games as a lefty that feels better suited for the freaks of nature that we are. Due to using the stylus (or finger) in my dominant hand and having the buttons under my right makes the controls a breeze.

eXistor

Joining the ever-growing Zelda collection:

Jr1HlOe.jpg

I hate HATE the giant yellow age-rating on there, really ruins the box-art.

Dollar Shave Club stuff:
inHxy7LLt60LS.jpg

Finally going to play Wind Waker for the 1st time!:
i6LuTE7yoxqdA.jpg

New router for the house, my DLink died and this is soo much better:
ib1cAWKZA1iYgG.jpg

2014 Darth Vader & Son wall calendar:
ibf03uzPy87RKN.jpg

Added R2 and Darth Maul to my Black Series collection:
(Only droids, Bounty Hunters and Imperials allowed)
i9TNJsLI5ovcd.jpg

Dr Dogg

I hate HATE the giant yellow age-rating on there, really ruins the box-art.

Yeah it's sadly a bit of a theme for Nintendo published Special Eds in Europe. I mean just look at this mess.

hlmgdFZl.jpg

What's worse is that despite having big clear rating logos on the packaged box, every game contained within also has them on as well. I understand it's cheaper and easier that way but come on.

D-e-f-

Banned
Yeah it's sadly a bit of a theme for Nintendo published Special Eds in Europe. I mean just look at this mess.

hlmgdFZl.jpg

What's worse is that despite having big clear rating logos on the packaged box, every game contained within also has them on as well. I understand it's cheaper and easier that way but come on.

And they're always marked "not to be sold separately" so why do they even need ratings on the actual game case at all? It's mind numbing. I hate the USK so much. Next to games in Germany being overpriced, it's the main reason I don't buy games here anymore. Those logos are disgusting. They used to be almost less intrusive than PEGI logos but now they're ridiculous.

I do not shop at gamestop nor EBgames but i went to pick up my first pre-order in years from that place. maybe 7 years

But that's in the past, hopefully never again.

BPAoOyS.jpg

bty7jPv.jpg

I posted the digital pick up recently and do not know if i should even open this.

That will change i am sure

And they're always marked "not to be sold separately" so why do they even need ratings on the actual game case at all? It's mind numbing. I hate the USK so much. Next to games in Germany being overpriced, it's the main reason I don't buy games here anymore. Those logos are disgusting. They used to be almost less intrusive than PEGI logos but now they're ridiculous.

But.. but... they're just protecting German children from those horrible video games... ;-)

Sadly they only do video games. Imagine those logos on film posters. Or on billboards in the streets. :)

JEKKI

I was at the dentist's a few months ago,

and this lady was talkin to the front desk and whatnot,

when she leaves the guy goes to his colleague and is like

"yeay so that lady was in the original Power Rangers! she played Alpha the robot"

and I'm sitting there waiting n staring at my iphone like

"fuuuuuu why didnt u say that while she was still in the building!!!!!"

>_< woulda been a great photo op lol.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Mad jelly of all the Ganondorf figures. It baffles me that Nintendo finally puts out something on Wii U that people are interested in and what do they do? Make sure its next to impossible to buy.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
falcom enters the ps2 era :)
also, verdict day is great. namco seems intent on killing the franchise in the west unfortunately.

TZLKjk1.jpg

ys artbook is HUGE and super high quality. totally worth it.

ag9qNjU.jpg

new phone!

UcNVI5R.jpg

sub_o

This might be my first (or second) time posting in Pick-Up post, but here are the goodies:

My 2009 Macbook Pro died after using it for few months straight to train SVMs.
Here's my new Macbook Air 11 inch, this thing is small !
RJhEVaZl.jpg

It's really thin !
uLdlOkDl.jpg

I've never played other Kingdom Hearts game besides Birth By Sleep (I skipped PS2 gen, busy working)

CWdVyiTl.jpg

The artbook is kinda sparse
ZHbXGM3l.jpg

My Sennheiser in ear earphone ain't working properly anymore, the cable connector seems to be too loose, so I decided to splurge on a better headphone. This is Sony MDR1-RBT, bluetooth headphone, still waiting for burn-in
jYE47Gil.jpg

No cable, quite a change, works with my iPhone and Macbook
3RztqzUl.jpg

dpnlKQgl.jpg

Plus, I completed my Master degree at TUM (Technical University of Munich), I might not be smartest nor the most hardworking student, but I'm pretty okay with my grades. Coming from South East Asia, there's a lot of difference in education and lifestyle here. Hopefully I can find a job here in Germany.
FpmenFQl.jpg

Monooboe

5nt5.jpg

I can't believe I found it, been bitter about missing out getting the Big Daddy figurerine. Found it randomly in a local Music Store of all places. Had to pay 30 euros for it but they were asking 66 euros for it first.o_O

Also I am kind of jelous of you all with the Wind Waker HD collectors edition, tried to find it locally but no luck and all online stores in Finland are sold out. It will be mine some day!:D

Friggz

I came into this thread hoping to post a picture of my LE WWHD, but 2 gamestops managed to screw up my preorder and only entered it into the system as the normal versions. so i will vicariously live through you all.

i hate gamestop =(

D-e-f-

Banned
I came into this thread hoping to post a picture of my LE WWHD, but 2 gamestops managed to screw up my preorder and only entered it into the system as the normal versions. so i will vicariously live through you all.

i hate gamestop =(

never trust gamestop with anything.

Shaldome

So someone rang me out of the bed this morning. But my slight anger vanished when I saw the mailman handing me over my new IEM's.

Together with my new DX50 I posted earlier:

Their are both running now to let them break in. But so far I am very satisfied with the sound of both.

Accoun

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Madoka vol. 2 and Toradora vol. 1 (missed Spice And Wolf vol. 2 - there's already vol. 3, so I'll have to look for the previous one). With some sweets as a bonus. Also not pictured - 2 pairs of jeans, but nothing really interesting or fancy.

@Up: Jelly. Maybe I'm not an IEM person, but that DX50 looks really nice...

My 2009 Macbook Pro died after using it for few months straight to train SVMs.
Here's my new Macbook Air 11 inch, this thing is small !
RJhEVaZl.jpg

It's really thin !
uLdlOkDl.jpg
You're gonna love and hate carrying this thing around. Love because it's so light and you barely notice it's there and hate because it's so light and you barely notice it's there ;).
Even with the 13" I find myself sometimes being panicked for a sec because I worry that my MBA is gone, lol.

Also, Bluetooth headphones are so liberating! I have two headphones myself, and the sound of my "high end" headphones is better than that of my AKG K830BT, yet I use my Bluetooth one more outside the house. So convenient to grab out of/put in a bag, no cable to annoy you, etc.

Great pick-ups :)

i hate gamestop =(

I can feel with you, although it has nothing to do with gamestop in my case. I also preordered at my local game store. Then he called me on the release day and told me that he wont't get a single LE because his order was canceled. Hopefully I manage to get my hands on this LE somday :/

D-e-f-

Banned
wwhdpicl2uk3.jpg

Holy crap, total surprise delivery. Shipped on Tuesday from thehut.com. Arrived today (Germany) and we even had a national Holiday in between. I didn't expect this before next Tuesday at the earliest. Wow wow wow! Weekend is saved!

jimi_dini

YFSTtt9.jpg

Another one for the collection. And I'm finally able to track down an open bug in ScummVM that's exclusive to this version of the game.

Next to games in Germany being overpriced, it's the main reason I don't buy games here anymore. Those logos are disgusting. They used to be almost less intrusive than PEGI logos but now they're ridiculous.

I agree.

But it's also the fault of Nintendo. They could use stickers for those boxes (and they could also just produce those ugly ones for Germany and produce different ones for the rest...).

Another one for the collection. And I'm finally able to track down an open bug in ScummVM that's exclusive to this version of the game.

It looks brand new... :)

I agree.

But it's also the fault of Nintendo. They could use stickers for those boxes (and they could also just produce those ugly ones for Germany and produce different ones for the rest...).

They could also move the logo to the back of the box. Less pricey for them and less intrusive to the customer.

D-e-f-

Banned
They could also move the logo to the back of the box. Less pricey for them and less intrusive to the customer.

No, they have to be on the front. Believe it or not, back in the early days, USK logos actually USED to be on the back (or on the side for big box PC games) before all these suicide shootings and media drama pointing the finger towards video games. Then they were moved to the front and then in 2009 they made them HUGE until they realized they were butt ugly and changed their design to the mildly less offensive ones we have now.

Just be glad they don't look like this anymore:
91VfvIXAZSS._SY500_.jpg

51haEkqMR-L._SX385_.jpg

**not an actual pick up!**

*yuck*

Top Bottom