• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocK`

Banned
Every time I see a third party character being discussed (Mega Man, Cloud, etc.) I think, wtf no way

then I remember snake is in the game.

and I go

BELIEVE.

M3wThr33

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I wonder if it was ever intended that the bucket could catch PK Flash in the first place. Always seemed odd to me in a way.

Don't bother, the multiplayer sucks. It has big, open fields like Bomberman 64, but those only worked in the first game because of the large dome-shaped explosions. With the cross-shaped explosions it's just... no.

Single-player was surprisingly decent, though.

I'm a collector. I don't care.

Jiggy

Okay then. Maybe I'm just bitter because I traded it in for like six bucks a long time ago.
:(
Of course, I also gave copies of Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile to friends for free. Given my track record I should probably reconsider ever getting rid of a game again.

Joe Molotov said:
If Optimus Prime is announced, it'll be the best announcement ever until Master Chief is announced!

Not as big as the acconcnement saved for the last day

SAMUEL L JACKSON CONFIRMEDZOIDZ!!!!!!1111!!!!LOLZZZ!!!!

Thats not a megatron, though, we knew that from the begining.... :lol

Jiggy

Frozen Fire said:
Not as big as the acconcnement saved for the last day

SAMUEL L JACKSON CONFIRMEDZOIDZ!!!!!!1111!!!!LOLZZZ!!!!

Thats not a megatron, though, we knew that from the begining.... :lol
If I could use his final smash to ban Cloud from the game, he'd be my new second favorite.

ohamsie

It would be too strange for me to do Street Fighter Ryu's special moves without doing half circle rotations. Up B for a Shoryuken? Just Pressing B for a hadouken? madness.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If Capcom does slip in a character (be it Mega Man or someone else), we need this assist character! :D

objection.jpg

He could kinda work like Peach's Toad move, but stronger and with a larger area of effect.

ohamsie

I secretly want Phoenix Wright playable. :(

His final smash would be a giant judge showing up in the background (like Palutena), declaring a guilty verdict, and slamming the gavel down on everyone for massive damage.

MisterHero said:
No it is not! D:<

Hadouken >>> ninjas

m00 said:
MisterHero said:
No it is not! D:>

Hadouken <<< ninjas
You've mixed up your less-than and greater-than signs. Not only did you say that hadouken was greater than ninjas, but your dunce cap was on upside down.
This is perhaps the most righteous case of internet ownage I've ever seen. :lol :lol Perfection.

Ew I hope they don't put Bomberman in. He had his moments in the SNES, but has gone way too downhill. It would put characters like Snake, Mario, Link, and Samus to shame if he fought alongside them. Even Sonic, to some degree, doesn't deserve to be seen with him.

Pacman would be OKAY. Probably an incredibly boring character.

I hope we get some more awesome surprised. Olimar, Cloud, Gino, Ridley, Leon S. Kennedy, Tales, Luigi, Ganandorf, Megaman, Sheik, and Captain Falcon will finish off the roster in a way I'm happy.

ckohler

Just to reiterate an important point: Only characters who have appeared in a game published for a Nintendo system are likely to appear in a Smash Bros. game.

So stop wishing for Cloud Strife and such.

ckohler said:
Just to reiterate an important point: Only characters who have appeared in a game published for a Nintendo system are likely to appear in a Smash Bros. game.

I wish Mega Man was in this game.

wait, who's Megaman?

Zeed

Banned
ckohler said:

In before someone mentions Chain of Memories.

ckohler said:

Now, I don't want Cloud in the game, but he was in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the Gameboy, so it is possible although VERY unlikely.

M3wThr33

Banned
underfooter said:
Ew I hope they don't put Bomberman in. He had his moments in the SNES, but has gone way too downhill. It would put characters like Snake, Mario, Link, and Samus to shame if he fought alongside them. Even Sonic, to some degree, doesn't deserve to be seen with him.

Pacman would be OKAY. Probably an incredibly boring character.

I hope we get some more awesome surprised. Olimar, Cloud, Gino, Ridley, Leon S. Kennedy, Tales, Luigi, Ganandorf, Megaman, Sheik, and Captain Falcon will finish off the roster in a way I'm happy.

Bomberman likely won't be in. Hudson is owned by Konami. Snake's already in. So.. yeah...

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Kevtones said:
Wasn't Cloud in Mario Hoops on DS?

And I'm eternally grateful for that.

You know, for all the bashing that Cloud takes in this thread, I'm surprised no defenders have sprung up yet. Even Krystal had her supporters.

...Honestly, I'm not sure who I despise more. Both of them were key contributors in ruining series I loved, after all.

Gaborn

MisterHero said:
Wouldn't Sora being the Main character have more of a chance?

What if, and this is just a theory, Square announced a FF VII Wii-make (with improved graphics and such, and full motion control)? I'm not sure if that's possible or not, but IF something like that happened I could see Square wanting a character like that in Smash to help build hype (as if the game needed it)

Iam Canadian

Gaborn said:
What if, and this is just a theory, Square announced a FF VII Wii-make (with improved graphics and such, and full motion control)? I'm not sure if that's possible or not, but IF something like that happened I could see Square wanting a character like that in Smash to help build hype (as if the game needed it)

It's certainly a possibility, though I'm sick of speculation about a Final Fantasy VII remake. But if Square was theoretically making a FFVII remake and IF it was for Wii (which is a big "IF" in itself), then Cloud's abhorrent presence would be a possibility. After all, we got Roy in SSBM to promote the Fire Emblem game he was in.

Gaborn

Iam Canadian said:
It's certainly a possibility, though I'm sick of speculation about a Final Fantasy VII remake. But if Square was theoretically making a FFVII remake and IF it was for Wii (which is a big "IF" in itself), then Cloud's abhorrent presence would be a possibility. After all, we got Roy in SSBM to promote the Fire Emblem game he was in.

Yeah, I strongly believe they're doing a remake, but I think the big question would be for whom. The "logical" choice is the PSP (because of Crisis Core) or PS3 (because that's where numbered Final Fantasies seem to be going, at least with the Playstation Brand) but I think there's an outside chance it'd be for Wii. Put it this way, IF Square announces FFVII for the Wii before Christmas then I think Cloud is in as a secret character. If Square does not, then there should be virtually no chances.

Iam Canadian

SuperAngelo64 said:
I know, this thread is so dead on the weekends.

I've been having to get my fix at the dreaded Smashboards

I've tried that.

I think I lasted five minutes. They're just too elitist there for me.

Oh, I know how to get a discussion going!

KRYSTAL

Somnid

Nobody likes Sora. Kingdom Hearts is Square's Smash Bros. Nobody wanted the game for keyblades and zippers, they wanted it because it had Cloud.

Jiggy

I can read Smashboards easily enough, but the thought of actually posting there is kind of depressing. They're like the inverted GameFAQs, full of smart people acting dumb.

MisterHero

Iam Canadian said:
I've tried that.

I think I lasted five minutes. They're just too elitist there for me.

Oh, I know how to get a discussion going!

KRYSTAL
HAWT

but of course I was talking about True Midna

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
I can read Smashboards easily enough, but the thought of actually posting there is kind of depressing. They're like the inverted GameFAQs, full of smart people acting dumb.

This is true. They're remarkably dedicated to their craft (inasmuch as Smash Bros. playing is a craft) and they're very knowledgeable...they just don't know how to post.

MisterHero said:
but of course I was talking about True Midna

I sincerely hope you were.

Rindain

Banned
I just read the "Capcom Five" edition of Smash It Up! over at IGN--http://wii.ign.com/articles/832/832322p1.html

This quote stood out to me:
We've had two previous editions of the column that focused on third-party suggestions – Konami's Crew and Sonic Team – and both were met with negativity, because the majority of fans believe that each contributing third-party company should only get one representative and be done with it. That's fair enough. But we haven't yet spent time speculating on which company will get the third third-party spot, or the fourth, or the fifth – you can go ahead and let go of the "Sakurai said only 1-2 more third-party spots" argument right now, because that's ridiculously outdated news. We know there are going to be more than that – count on it – so we're going to start pulling back the curtain on who it could be from a variety of possible companies.
Seems like he has some insider information.

MisterHero

Iam Canadian said:
This is true. They're remarkably dedicated to their craft (inasmuch as Smash Bros. playing is a craft) and they're very knowledgeable...they just don't know how to post.

I sincerely hope you were.
I was also thinking of Nabooru, but she wouldn't fit with Brawl's TP emphasis

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom