• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
m00 said:
And the only Ryu who should get in is Hayabusa.
The only Hayabusa who should get in is Fighter Hayabusa, from Nintendo's 'Pro Wrestling'.

prowrestling1.gif
hayabusa.gif

Speaking of 'Pro Wrestling', a playable Star Man would be amazing!

starman1.jpg
starman2.jpg

prowrestlingpost.jpg

:D

m00

justchris said:
I predict there will be a new item type: Household Goods. That's how Sakurai is going to work the Kitchen Sink in.

Kitchen Sink already has her own franchise icon:

663l1yb.gif

626w0mx.jpg

CreatureX3 said:
The only Hayabusa who should get in is Fighter Hayabusa, from Nintendo's 'Pro Wrestling'.

prowrestling1.gif
hayabusa.gif

Speaking of 'Pro Wrestling', a playable Star Man would be amazing!

starman1.jpg
starman2.jpg

prowrestlingpost.jpg

:D

sorry, but they have no chance against El Blaze :p

screen.00101.jpg

but there is no port of VF5 for a nintendo console...

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
I had a dream last night that Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia was in Brawl.
Guess who else I've dreamed was in Brawl? Sonic.
LLOYD CONFIRMED

I also dreamt one that 8-bit Megaman was in it, and Doritos were an item.

YES PLEASE

zaxor0

SantaC said:
well I dont care for earthbound but both ice climbers and kid icarus were AAA games back in the day.
I find ice climbers very fun. I don't care what anyone thinks, it is fun with two players! Kid Icarus has a charm to it, its hard and it takes a while to get anywhere in it but it has a good experience with it.

zaxor0 said:
I find ice climbers very fun. I don't care what anyone thinks, it is fun with two players! Kid Icarus has a charm to it, its hard and it takes a while to get anywhere in it but it has a good experience with it.
I agree totally, especially on the "charm" of Kid Icarus. I hope we see a Kid Icarus Wii.

SantaC

SuperAngelo64 said:
False

Great soundtrack? Yes.

Better than VII? Hell no.

um the general consensus is that FFVIII's OST is a lot better than FFVII's OST. FFVIII's soundtrack is of higher quality as well.

Man with the machine gun > all

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Woah, weird, I also dreamed that characters were in last night.

Part of a much larger dream involving a dystopian post-apocalyptic world in which a blind dude bounty hunter traveled between dome cities that banished their superdisease-infected foreigners. And he suddenly became Samus and then I was in Metroid Prime first-person mode shooting at Ridley in a place that looked like was a mix between the Big Shell and Skytown, then Ridley changed his size to fit into Smash Bros. and suddenly it was the City in the Sky and I was reading the Dojo and Sakurai was saying how some Japanese guy's character was being put into the game as a tribute and also that he was going to reveal a bunch of new characters all week, including the Demoman from TF2 (who appeared in the fight), and that Shaft (from Castlevania) would be a characters alternate skin; he showed a bunch of pictures with riddles to get us to guess who the other hidden characters were, and one of the pictures was a peanut.

So I ran to GAF to tell everyone about the Demoman and Shaft being in Smash Bros., and somewhere along the way I became Gordon Freeman in a forest, checking out abandoned buildings.

Yeah it was weird. There was a bunch of other stuff too, but I forgot all of that.

GamerSoul

Reneledarker said:
Why not Chun-LI, she has an upcoming movie, also smash needs more females.

We can't get Chun-Li without getting Ryu first. Or can we we? I can imagine that update.

"Girl POwaa! Chun-Li has entered the Brawl! Look it those legs! She is the third of six guests!"

Darkpen

Banned
SantaC said:
um the general consensus is that FFVIII's OST is a lot better than FFVII's OST. FFVIII's soundtrack is of higher quality as well.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with that

Blue Fields > all

SantaC said:

Yes, because the majority on the internet has the best taste.

Yes, VG Cats is still funny. Yes, Naruto music videos to "Let The Bodies Hit The Floor" is really cool.

But on a serious note Mr.'Guy with Gunblade for an avatar'... I don't let my favoritism cloud my judgement.

For example my favorite FF game is FF4, but I think FF7 had a much better OST.

Darkpen said:
quality = better

Wow, I hope that was sarcasm. What are you doing in a Wii thread? You should be sniffing around the PS3 threads.

Also, Blue Fields is probably the worst overworld theme in any Final Fantasy game. No moving progressions, no keychange, shoddy structure, incredibly fucking boring. Even pizzicato strings couldn't save it, and I really like my pizzicato strings.

The overworld should be the cornerstone of an RPG's soundtrack and FF8's was forgettable as hell.

Darkpen

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Wow, I hope that was sarcasm. What are you doing in a Wii thread? You should be sniffing around the PS3 threads.

Also, Blue Fields is probably the worst overworld theme in any Final Fantasy game. No moving progressions, no keychange, shoddy structure, incredibly fucking boring. Even pizzicato strings couldn't save it, and I really like my pizzicato strings.

The overworld should be the cornerstone of an RPG's soundtrack and FF8's was forgettable as hell.
well aren't you the rudest little thing? Was that some sort of jab at PS3 fans? I don't even own one. If anything, your remark is amusing, as you're obviously some sort of Wii-biased fanboy.

As for your opinion on Blue Fields, you obviously have a differing opinion than mine. And if I must be specific, I particularly like the Piano Collection of Final Fantasy VIII version, where its in fact the first track of the disc. I find it incredibly memorable, and if anything, reflects Uematsu's strong suite of making melodies.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
So at this point the "debate that goes nowhere" of the week is Final Fantasy soundtracks?

Very well, then. Unleash the NeoFAQs!

Darkpen said:
well aren't you the rudest little thing? Was that some sort of jab at PS3 fans? I don't even own one. If anything, your remark is amusing, as you're obviously some sort of Wii-biased fanboy.

It was actually a jab at people who think quality (not genuine quality but the material kind like audio fidelity, graphics, and Resolution crispness) are what makes things genuinely better. I was actually saying that PS3 is clearly superior to Wii in those aspects, since Wii is underpowered in those areas.

Diablos54 said:
Considering I can recite it in my head at command, I kinda disagree. :p

I can recite Twinkle-Twinkle in my head, that doesn't make it an amazing song. Maybe memorable was a wrong choice of word. Should I have used 'good'?

It wasn't even good enough to be reprised again in another track in the game, which is why RPG overworlds are the cornerstone of the OST. If anything the overworld should've been a version of Eyes On Me so that the vocal track could be the reprise (the way they did it in FF9) since Eyes On Me seemed to have been reprised in the OST more than the actual overworld song. I'm not saying it's a bad OST, in fact I'm listening to it right now and think it's great, amazing even.

Iam Canadian

NickP786 said:
I'd love for Starman to be in this game :D, Ness and Pokey would be nice too, so then we can have the battle for new pork city!

Ness will be in. BELIEVE.

I believe that Pokey Minch has been confirmed as an Assist Trophy. He was present at E For All.

A Starman would be incredibly awesome as a playable character, though I'd prefer Paula over him. A Starman Assist Trophy or Subspace Emissary enemy would be excellent, however.

Jiggy

If anything from the Mother series ever made sense as an assist trophy, it's Starman. Or Mr. Saturn, but that's already an item, so Starman it is.

Iam Canadian

Jiggy37 said:
If anything from the Mother series ever made sense as an assist trophy, it's Starman. Or Mr. Saturn, but that's already an item, so Starman it is.

A Starman casting Starstorm would be a cool Assist Trophy but you know what would really excite me?

Giygas.

Consider this: the background of the stage fades away to this repeating endlessly, twisting and distorting. The music gives away to a steady high pitched beep, overlaid by a staticky chanting. A odd, rippling wave effect envelopes the screen, and every fighter is hit by some effect. Maybe they receive damage. Maybe they freeze solid. Maybe they are lit on fire. And a text box pops up saying this:

"You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!"

Then the background and music return.

Most epic Assist Trophy ever, no?

scottnak

Hm. Don't forget. Since Japan doesn't do daylight savings and US does... Japan Times comes 1 hour earlier (I think?)

And it's Dedede! C'mon man. Get that name right.

Iam Canadian

I suggest we spend the remainder of the weekend arguing if it's pronounced "Dee Dee Dee" or "Day Day Day" because I've heard both.

Iam Canadian

I prefer "Dee Dee Dee", mostly because it's just what I'm used to saying. The "Dee Dee Dee" supporters to have official evidence on their side: the anime dub used that pronunciation.

Granted, that anime is also the one that gave Dedede a Foghorn Leghorn southern accent and made Meta Knight sound like Zorro, but it still counts. =/

Zeed

Banned
Iam Canadian said:
I prefer "Dee Dee Dee", mostly because it's just what I'm used to saying. The "Dee Dee Dee" supporters to have official evidence on their side: the anime dub used that pronunciation.

Granted, that anime is also the one that gave Dedede a Foghorn Leghorn southern accent and made Meta Knight sound like Zorro, but it still counts. =/
In Japan he is called "Day Day Day", apparently.

Just wait for the game to come out. The announcer will tell us his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom