• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
assist11_071107b-l.jpg

Oh! Cool mono-eye!
Oh Sakurai! :lol

Xeke

Banned
layzie1989 said:
I'm waiting for the megaton announcement that there's a mode that lets you play and unlock certain assist trophies for play

Their models have less detail than the normal player models, so it doesn't seem like they would do that.

fernoca

Raging Spaniard said:
Is Sin and Punishment a Nintendo title? I thought that was 3rd party

Anyways, cool update, now I'm expecting a Meryl Assist too.
Treasure developed it...so who knows..

With Brawl you just never know what to expect..

Firestorm

Chumly said:
wasnt this confirmed long ago? Tails follows you around and saves you from a fall.

I have yet to see confirmation. I'm assuming more than one random message board poster would have reported on this.

Jiggy

-The combo of a Gray Fox assist trophy and the throwing mechanic comprises the 22nd double update, running on unofficial reckoning (e.g. Replays count).

-It's also the 7th occurrence of two or more double updates in a single week... Trivia time: out of those 7 occurrences, 5 were in September or later, and 4 were in October or later. As for the others? Those were in weeks 1 and 3. You might say that double updates have been more frequent recently.

-Gray Fox is the 6th update for Metal Gear, bringing that franchise ahead of Metroid and Fire Emblem, and tying with Zelda and Kid Icarus.

-And throwing makes for the 14th How to Play, tying it with final smashes and music and pulling ahead of game modes.

-Our five least recent update types are now Poke Ball (October 17th), character profile (October 25th), special moves (October 26th), game mode (October 30th), and stage (October 31st).

-We've now gone through nine days of updates with no character profile. This drought has only been matched twice: between Diddy Kong and Meta Knight (also nine days), and between Sonic and King Dedede (ten days). Character-wise, Thursdays have hosted Kirby + Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Zero Suit Samus, and King Dedede. Friday brought us Pit, Samus, Peach, Ice Climbers, and Snake. Between the two of them, they account for ~43.48% of our character updates, so I'm really expecting hoping we'll get one. >_>

fernoca

Anyone noticed that Assist Trophies that have a franchise represented in the main characters have the same logo from it? (Gray Fox have the Metal Gear/FoxHound logo, Knuckle Joe have the Kirby star, Lynn the Fire Emblem sword)...

Other characters have just the Smash Bros. logo (like Little Mac, Excite Bike..)...

But Mr. Resetti have the Animal Crossing leave??
I doubt there's a logo in there just because of the Animal Crossing stage...but who knows..

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I must say this game seems awesome. And this comes from someone who never understood Smash Bros' appeal.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Saitou said:
man, the meltdown in /v/idyan gaems is epic.

...Oh, God, why did I look?

Anyway, is Grey Fox as an Assist Trophy the equivalent of Lyn being an A.T for Metal Gear fans? I wouldn't know, considering I don't like the series.

Saitou

Banned
fernoca said:
Anyone noticed that Assist Trophies that have a franchise represented in the main charatcers have the same logo from it? (Gray Fox have the Metal Gear/FoxHound logo, Knuckle Joe have the Kirby star, Lynn the Fire Emblem sword)...

Other characters have just the Smash Bros. logo (like Little Mac, Excite Bike..)...

But Mr. Resetti have the Animal Crossing leave??
I doubt there's a logo in there just because of the Animal Crossing stage...but who knows..
Tom nook will be a character.

He'll loan you to death. Final Smahs? The Pimp Backhand(tm).

assist11_071107e-l.jpg

LOL Buttcheeks...I dunno...would any girls actually pause the screen just to fantasize about Snake's ass? LOL

Silly Sakurai and his fanservice...

~Scott

methodman

Banned
Man, Smash should just dump the Adventure mode and copy that Learn Spanish story line.

Just make Luigi the spanish kid who steals the DS, Mario the white kid, and peach is the sexy Aunt driving the car.

Jiggy37 said:
-The combo of a Gray Fox assist trophy and the throwing mechanic comprises the 22nd double update, running on unofficial reckoning (e.g. Replays count)...
Once again, awesome job with the stats Jiggy! :D

It's good to see that the double updates seem to be occurring more often!

justchris

Ah, I knew we'd get 3rd party assists, but I hope they allow assists from series other than the ones they have playble characters from. Argh, I don't know, too much. Go Sakurai go.

fernoca

MidnightScott said:
LOL Buttcheeks...I dunno...would any girls actually pause the screen just to fantasize about Snake's ass? LOL

Silly Sakurai and his fanservice...

~Scott
Just girls?
Was controlling Raiden naked and seeing solidiers pissing..just for the girls too?? :p

If anything, Kojima/Sakurai knows his demographic/fanbase quite well... ;)

Saitou said:
man, the meltdown in /v/idyan gaems is epic.

Yeah, I'm definitely loving the meltdowns over wanting Gray Fox playable, how Sakurai is teasing fans with his comments, and how Snake's ass is fappable. Sounds like a typical night over at /v/ right now.

Jiggy

MidnightScott said:
If all else fails, at least we know Crushed will.

methodman said:
Man, Smash should just dump the Adventure mode and copy that Learn Spanish story line.

Just make Luigi the spanish kid who steals the DS, Mario the white kid, and peach is the sexy Aunt driving the car.
As much as I hate to say it, I don't think even Sakurai is awesome enough to properly handle a tale told among bovines since the dawn of time.

CreatureX3 said:
Once again, awesome job with the stats Jiggy! :D

It's good to see that the double updates seem to be occurring more often!
Thanks. :)

I should also say, I think Iam Canadian's on to something with his theory. Since October we've had four How To Play updates and three of them were paired with something else (Fox's final smash, Meowth, and today Gray Fox).

Snake shakin' it xD

Well you know what I mean. I just think its interesting, Zero Suit Samus = hawt while the women and gay guys get Solid Snake booty

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
MidnightScott said:
Snake shakin' it xD

Well you know what I mean. I just think its interesting, Zero Suit Samus = hawt while the women and gay guys get Solid Snake booty

And the furries get...

Never mind. Not touching that one.

MidnightScott said:
would any girls actually pause the screen just to fantasize about Snake's ass?

My friend (a girl) who plays as Ganondorf would always do his taunt and then pause and zoom in on his package.

I think that's the only reason she mained him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom