• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast | 11-05-13 |

Celegus

Ld3mmFX.png

GIANT BOMB
WHAT ARE YOU DOING

/brofist fellow Zune user.

bjork

Jeff mentioned Halloween on a weekend and my brain went, "me and geto boys trick or treatin", and of course he did not fail to follow through with the Bushwick Bill pull.

Jeff is king.

WHAT... another one?... fuckkkkkkk...

Sorry, I just have so many podcast's atm... just from gaf...

I just listened to the last 2 giantbomb ones last night.. and now another.. lol

Downloading that shit now son..

But still have around 10 to listen to before they update :(

"That sounds like the exact way that you would give money to teenagers. 'Don't tell your friends' and drive away fast."

:lol Off to a good start.

rudds

Name 10 better posters this year
Anyone know what they meant by wanting Sony to "fix" cloud saves?

Make the cloud volume a "device" you can save and load directly to/from like the Xbox does it, rather than requiring you to manually move a save out of the cloud to use it.

Is it going to break GAF's head open when I (most likely) buy a PS4 before an Xbox?

Clearly it would just be so you could record a video of you smashing it to put on the site.

I would wholly support something like this if you did it in the vein of your Too Human video thing.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i went to bed after listening and dreamed that john candy came to dinner and was the nicest dude. i knew he was going to die the next day, but didn't have the heart to tell him. "what's the deal guys, i'll be back soon!". i was tearing up.

john candy will never come to dinner again and it's really affecting my day.

rudds

Do you think the release of inFamous: Second Son will be enough to get you to buy a PS4 in February? I know you like the inFamous games a lot.

That game is exactly why I'd go for a PS4 first (in addition to being cheaper). Titanfall I'll play on PC and there aren't any other Xbox exclusives I'm chomping to play after Dead Rising.

Is it going to break GAF's head open when I (most likely) buy a PS4 before an Xbox?
You're not going in on launch though right?

This will be my first time doing a launch since the PS2 and I'm usually against it. I figured this gen has gone on long enough and how many chances will we get to do this in our lifetimes? Fuck it.

Plus I really need a new Blu Ray player.

kvk1

No, because we know MS is already giving you shills free XB1s anyway.

Jokes, people. Jokes. Let's everybody be friends.

rudds

You're not going in on launch though right?

This will be my first time doing a launch since the PS2 and I'm usually against it. I figured this gen has gone on long enough and how many chances will we get to do this in our lifetimes? Fuck it.

Plus I really need a new Blu Ray player.

Nope, nothing I'm dying to play and I'm wary of console launches after having had to replace pretty much every launch unit I've ever bought since the original PlayStation. (Granted, I have the extreme luxury of being able to use office consoles to keep up with games till I plunk down for my own.)

"Fuck it" is honestly the best reason to get any console at launch, by the way. Get you some.

Curufinwe

Make the cloud volume a "device" you can save and load directly to/from like the Xbox does it, rather than requiring you to manually move a save out of the cloud to use it.

OK, I think I get why that's an issue.

I've only ever loaded a Cloud Save on PS3 or 360 when I screwed something up in Demon's Souls and had to go back to the last auto uploaded save. But I only ever play my games on one 360 and one PS3.

rudds

OK, I think I get why that's an issue.

I've only ever loaded a Cloud Save on PS3 or 360 when I screwed something up in Demon's Souls and had to go back to the last auto uploaded save. But I only ever play my games on one 360 and one PS3.

A lot of the problems we have with the consoles (especially the PS3) at the system level are the result of having to play games on two, three, or four different individual units at one time. That's obviously an edge case that 99% of consumers are never going to face.

I'm of two minds about being critical of those problems. On the one hand, they won't affect most people, but on the other, we're sort of pushing these systems to the limits of their usability and discovering the spots where their design breaks down. At the end of the day, I guess you can only really discuss the experience that you yourself have had with a product.

LCfiner

Man… Jeff talking about poststrem pizza bowls and cheese, sausage, chicken and chicken

what’s the sauce?

just cheese. cheese is the sauce.

I feel both repulsed and a little hungry

RE_Player

Yes saves could be managed better on the PS3 and 360 but we can all agree that it's a hell of a lot better than how the Wii U works. Do the guys still have bring in their console when they want to record a quick look?

Gig is more universal than gigs. 8 gigs flash drive? Nah son, 8 gig. Gig works for both below 10 and above.

oh god you're right

If asked how large the flash drive I'm holding is, I would says 64 gigs.

But if someone asked me what I was holding, I would say a 64 gig flash drive.

WHAT... another one?... fuckkkkkkk...

Sorry, I just have so many podcast's atm... just from gaf...

I just listened to the last 2 giantbomb ones last night.. and now another.. lol

Downloading that shit now son..

But still have around 10 to listen to before they update :(

Dudebro, this happens every week.

There has to be a term where you prefer or desire the chain-food/fast food version of a food rather than a restaurant/homemade version.

I live in Cali but I have this real viceral desire to eat at Taco Bell, nevermind that my in-laws make some of the best tacos i've ever tasted. I live really close to an awesome hole-in-the-law mexican restaurant but I would rather drive 15 minutes to get some taco supremes and a gordita.

Man, I want Dominoes now.

NIN90

iceburn.gif

@ Vinny's dig at Diretide. :lol :lol

Best thing is that I'm not even sure that he knew about the situation.

Massa

A lot of the problems we have with the consoles (especially the PS3) at the system level are the result of having to play games on two, three, or four different individual units at one time. That's obviously an edge case that 99% of consumers are never going to face.

I'm of two minds about being critical of those problems. On the one hand, they won't affect most people, but on the other, we're sort of pushing these systems to the limits of their usability and discovering the spots where their design breaks down. At the end of the day, I guess you can only really discuss the experience that you yourself have had with a product.

The PS3 system is definitely better since it acts as a backup rather than locking your saves to either local or online-only. Redundancy is good; you don't want to lose your save files if a HDD dies and you don't want to be locked out of your games if the cloud is offline or your connection is unstable.

The fix you should ask for on PS4 for your particular use-case is to have cloud syncing happen during or immediately after you quit a game rather than once every 24 hours like it is on PS3. This would solve your problem and give you the best of both worlds.

Excellent. The steadfast adherence to GIG is incorrect.

Not necessarily incorrect, even though saying gig or gigs is informal/slang. It depends how it's used in a sentence. Example:

• The Playstation 4 comes with a 500 gigabyte hard drive.
  • The hard drive that comes with the Playstation 4 is 500 gigabytes.

Not necessarily incorrect, even though saying gig or gigs is informal/slang. It depends how it's used in a sentence. Example:

• The Playstation 4 comes with a 500 gigabyte hard drive.
  • The hard drive that comes with the Playstation 4 is 500 gigabytes.

Right, but Brad always says GIG. He is a criminal.

Top Bottom