• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiggy37 said:
I'm honestly surprised there are some people not liking this update. It's been one of the better game modes, certainly way ahead of the likes of Handicaps, Classic Mode, Training, Tourney, and Trophies. Then again, considering that 16 of the 23 game modes appeared within the last two months day-and-date (as in, beginning October 12th, and counting replays), I guess I can see how burned out we'd be.

On another note, I really, really like this music even though I kind of hated the actual Ice Climbers game. Good stuff.

I don't know. I find that inserting lyrics into the instrumental version of Pollyanna in SSBM tends to help me win more than lose. >_>

People probably aren't that interested in this update, because it's literally the first thing you'll see when you start the game. Well except for the intro movie and the Nintendo logo.

Ohh that's what I predict for tomorrow night.

Game Modes:

Nintendo Logo.

This lets you know that this game was developed and distributed by Nintendo.

Be sure to check for the seal of approval on the box.

Stage On

Arg I'd say that so far this has been the most boring week ever.

Starting off with Bonsly so soon after the last pokemon update was totally underwelming especially since Bonsly itself is pretty lame (Sudowoodo on the other hand....)

And 2 games modes in a bloody row is a complete joy kill espeically since nither of them where all that special.

I think your standards must have dropped a LOT if you think seeing the OPTIONS screen is a good update. I mean come on it's abosutely snore inducing.

Sigh Decembore contiunes.

mugwhump

HOTDOG-tastic music, if it's synced with the ice climbers stage that will be awesome.
Golden Darkness said:
various18_071112d-l.jpg

Set rumble separately for Gamecube Controllers and Wii Remotes.[/b]

Toggle the proverbial buzz-buzz on your controllers on and off.

Just remember, the Classic Controller doesn’t have rumble, so don’t get too carried away.

You can also set rumble preferences for each logged name.
SPECULATION TIME
This shows the game detecting 6 controllers. Even though I know there won't be 6 player brawls, I think up to 8 players may be able to keep their controllers swapping in and out.

Jiggy

Iam Canadian said:
Did anyone like Ice Climber? >_>
I don't think so, no. $4.99 plus tax for the GBA port and I still felt ripped off. :(

Iam Canadian said:
It's because you still believe in miracles, you swear you've seen a few. :D
I believe in second chances and that's why(!) I believe in YOU!

Come to think of it, with lyrics that stress believing so much, Pollyanna should be the official theme song of NeoGAF. I'm sure at least Amir0x would approve, so now we need to just get the other mods and admins in on it.

One more random tangent and then I'm out of here.

Last week vs. this week:
Game mode vs. Pokemon
Pokemon vs. game mode
How to play + music vs. game mode + music
Final smash
Game mode

It's almost inverted. >_> I predict we get a how to play tomorrow, Crawling, and Zelda's final smash on Friday.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
mugwhump said:
SPECULATION TIME
This shows the game detecting 6 controllers. Even though I know there won't be 6 player brawls, I think up to 8 players may be able to keep their controllers swapping in and out.

The Wii can only detect four Wiimotes at a time, can't it? I know it can register four Wiimotes and Gamecube controllers at the same time (see: Bomberman on the VC), so while I don't think you'll be able to have more than four Wiimote-centric control schemes active at one time, four Wiimotes and some Wavebirds seems possible to me.

mugwhump said:
HOTDOG-tastic music, if it's synced with the ice climbers stage that will be awesome.

SPECULATION TIME

You know, I don't know why they can't make it more players...is there a technical issue that doesn't allow that to happen, like you can't mix remotes and cube controllers to get more than 4 players?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Stage On said:
Arg I'd say that so far this has been the most boring week ever.

Starting off with Bonsly so soon after the last pokemon update was totally underwelming especially since Bonsly itself is pretty lame (Sudowoodo on the other hand....)

And 2 games modes in a bloody row is a complete joy kill espeically since nither of them where all that special.

I think your standards must have dropped a LOT if you think seeing the OPTIONS screen is a good update. I mean come on it's abosutely snore inducing.

Sigh Decembore contiunes.

We got SOME information out of the update -- confirmation of a few tracks in the game, as well as the existence of Vault mode.

mugwhump

Iam Canadian said:
The Wii can only detect four Wiimotes at a time, can't it? I know it can register four Wiimotes and Gamecube controllers at the same time (see: Bomberman on the VC), so while I don't think you'll be able to have more than four Wiimote-centric control schemes active at one time, four Wiimotes and some Wavebirds seems possible to me.
Yup yup.
Edag Plata said:
You know, I don't know why they can't make it more players...is there a technical issue that doesn't allow that to happen, like you can't mix remotes and cube controllers to get more than 4 players?
Well, in melee I know you can have 6 players per match (extras are cpus though), so I think it's actually more of a design choice.

1. Has anyone wondered if Nintendo could have a game work with eight players by having four GC controllers and four Wii controllers?

2. I'd love to have Menu 1 be usable in-game.

A Link to the Snitch said:
1. Has anyone wondered if Nintendo could have a game work with eight players by having four GC controllers and four Wii controllers?

iirc, Bust a Move fo rthe Wii is the first (and only) 8-player game on the Wii, with a similar setup to what u said.

But if Brawl manages to hold a deep secret of 8-man brawl, that be crazy awesome.

KevinCow

Banned
A Link to the Snitch said:
Is it available in My Music? I mean, we don't know if he's going to put it on it or if he was just giving us a sampling of it.
My Music is different for each stage. It might be available for Final Destination of Battlefield.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Killadji said:
Vault is green.
So menus will obviously be green.
We have :

[greenscreens]

Hey, nice detective work, Junior. So to sum, Vault has:

> Stage Builder
> Photo Album
> Trophies
> Stickers

Basically, it's all your random collections of stuff, either unlocked or created.

[EDIT] Found another:

various09_071024e-l.jpg

So the list is:

> Stage Builder
> Photo Album
> Trophies
> Stickers
> Wii messages/replay videos

BTW, I'd just like to point out that instead of difficulty sliders, this update brought us the sound slider. :lol
various18_071112e-l.jpg

The slider goes left and right.

Killadji

Danthrax said:
Hey, nice detective work, Junior. So to sum, Vault has:

> Stage Builder
> Photo Album
> Trophies
> Stickers

Basically, it's all your random collections of stuff, either unlocked or created.
[/b]

Plus videos, but I haven't found the update about it yet.
EDIT : Ah, you found it, nice job ^^

The sound slider is ugly :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Another thing! The sound test is apparently under data because it's blue:

various18_071112f-l.jpg

various18_071112a-l.jpg

...except there's a button to get to the sound test from the sound slider menu, which is under options:

various18_071112e-l.jpg

I don't get it. Maybe it's just a shortcut for usability's sake, and the sound test actually is under Data. [shrug]

NeonZ

Mockingbird said:
But the deflicker isn't new; it was in Melee. Nothing to get excited about here. Crap update again. You can pretty much tell he's prolonging the updates due to the delay.

teddyboi said:
They are grasping for straws. Soon we're going to have updates saying "Smash Bros. is X amount of days from release." Count on that.

Except the SSBM site had a similar update to this one too, and that wasn't updated daily, nor were the updates as detailed as these (no individual pokemon or stage updates - they were always revealed in groups, even if not everything at the same time). : / I'm not trying to defend these updates or anything, but they weren't really unexpected if you had followed Melee's updates.

I suppose the final game will utilize a much higher quality synth but I'm not a fan of some of the recent musical arrangements. Hyrule Temple and the Ice Climbers theme feel like a step down from the Melee versions to me. Oh well. Hopefully the final versions will win me over.

NTom64

The new music owns. I'll bet the rock portion kicks up as the peak slides down the mountain :D

Also, it's nice to see everything laid out as it is. The Vault...hmm...like people have already said, maybe it'll hold stickers, trophies n' whatnot? Perhaps...even movie clips from the SSE?

ShockingAlberto said:
Megaton: Not everyone is a whiny bitch

Its true I checked the update and thought it was pretty good(a tune and the fact that there will be a sound test, predictable it might have been but still nice to know) and then came here and the whining was in full flow.

Dreavus

Suburban Cowboy said:
good god, what has Sakurai done to you? Obvious case of Stockholm Syndrome

He's whittled us down to the point where anything remotely mediocre starts looking pretty good

Of course the music is good to begin with, so this doesn't apply here? :D

JCX

I didn't notice that stealth pokemon muisc update at first. Some of these updates are good, just not in the way some of us want them to be.

I actually really like this update. The game's UI is beautiful and I'm really interested in the deflicker's ability to get rid of jaggies.

I hate jaggies.

I also appreciate Sakurai's warning to stay out of the Erase Data menu. In Melee, my sister changed all the text to Japanese and deleted all of my savedata. :(

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get why the game has its own aspect ratio selection? Why wouldn't just use what you have selected in the Wii options??

Also, I wasn't feeling the song but that may change once I play the level and the different sections overlay the level changes.

not bad, not good

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The Ice Climbers music is fucking awesome, I love when it gets all buttrocked-out. Today was also my first time hearing the X music, that is pretty good, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom