• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_id

My thoughts on 382:
Jiraya's death is probably one of the saddest moments in Naruto. Jiraya is one of the best characters made by Kishi and my personal favourite. I will miss his pervertness and happy-go-lucky attitude. Its sad that he's dying with no one else there except Pa Frog.

On a happy note, this chapter we get to see Naruto's mom. Glad her tits are normal sized. We also learn that he's the promised child and Jiraya was his godfather. Kishi better not do a Harry Potter now!

How is Naruto going to react to this? I hope he stops chasing after that stupid emo boy and get on track in trying to beat Pein!

Nolan.

the_id said:
My thoughts on 382:
Jiraya's death is probably one of the saddest moments in Naruto. Jiraya is one of the best characters made by Kishi and my personal favourite. I will miss his pervertness and happy-go-lucky attitude. Its sad that he's dying with no one else there except Pa Frog.

On a happy note, this chapter we get to see Naruto's mom. Glad her tits are normal sized. We also learn that he's the promised child and Jiraya was his godfather. Kishi better not do a Harry Potter now!

How is Naruto going to react to this? I hope he stops chasing after that stupid emo boy and get on track in trying to beat Pein!

Well it's about time Naruto gets his awakening. As for leaving Sasuke, Naruto won't ever unfortunately. Especially with the emphasis thats been placed on Jiraiya's failures. Naruto is Kushina, minato and Jiraiya's legacy so he will probably be putting right everything they couldn't do. I really doubt Kushina is dead though, or maybe it's wishful thinking. This death scene though has to be one of the saddest iv'e read in a manga. Probably because he was one of my favourites from introduction to the end. Naruto better ditch this clumbsyness now.

I'm glad pa frog escaped too!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
the_id said:
My thoughts on 382:
On a happy note, this chapter we get to see Naruto's mom. Glad her tits are normal sized.

You know she's going to be a medical ninja anyways :/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
What happened in 382 could be seen a few miles ago. Still... *sniff*.... very good. Is it me or has Naruto been getting VERY good for the past 15-20 chapters?

scarybore

Relix said:
Is it me or has Naruto been getting VERY good for the past 15-20 chapters?

Yeah, Kishi finally got the pacing right at the start of the
Oro/Sasuke fight
and while it has slowed a bit during the
Jiraiya/Pain fight
, the manga is really good at the moment.

Really sad to see Jiraiya go, he was my favourite character until Deidara showed up and now they are both dead :( Atleast he didn't die to a Uchiha (touch wood...)

Amazing chapter.

We know Naruto has to carry on their legacy but don't expect his goofiness to go away. Kishi wants him to stay a bit immature just like Goku did.

I'm so happy though that Naruto will be able to take down Pein on his own (obviously Kishi confirms this with this chapter now). He has picked up the pace so much on the manga, I wonder how Narutos training will be condensed. The full Wind Rasengan could probably kill Pein but i'm betting his heritage will bring in the water element too. Now if the pace is as fast as it is, another timeskip perhaps after finding out full details on Whirlpool Country?

Ark-AMN

Banned
Damn, this latest chapter (along with the most recent ones) will be so powerful if the anime can get it right (I know, I know, but there's always hope! :( ).

This probably is the saddest moment in the manga. Jiraiya has always been one of the most, if not the most likeable character in the series, and to see him pretty much tortured to death while at the same time lamenting over his "failure" of a life is just heartbraking.

It was finally nice to see Naruto's mother, and she does look like him. I do wonder what happened to her and if she's dead or not.

Nolan.

Deadly Monk said:
Amazing chapter.

We know Naruto has to carry on their legacy but don't expect his goofiness to go away. Kishi wants him to stay a bit immature just like Goku did.

I'm so happy though that Naruto will be able to take down Pein on his own (obviously Kishi confirms this with this chapter now). He has picked up the pace so much on the manga, I wonder how Narutos training will be condensed. The full Wind Rasengan could probably kill Pein but i'm betting his heritage will bring in the water element too. Now if the pace is as fast as it is, another timeskip perhaps after finding out full details on Whirlpool Country?

The thing with Goku's clumbsyness though is it never got in the way of his fighting skills. Goku himself never talked himself up. (like ''i'm so great etc''). Goku was clumbsy/naive which made people like piccolo underestimate him and at times Goku himself would do the same. Thing with Naruto is that he has this big mouth about being the best etc but hardly any substance to back up those claims. I would just like to see his character be more efficient and tactical with his executions in and out of battle. I don't mind the clumbsyness just don't make it an excuse to keep him in the shadow of others.

Also anyone notice Minato's smile looks so much like naruto's goofy smile too.? Also is this the first time we've seen him smile like that.? He's usually portraited with hardly any emotions, it's nice to see though.

Zoe

Big Shippuuden episode next week! Too bad the art looks kinda... eh.

Edit: Actually, reading the summary, it sounds like they're gonna cut it off before things get really good >_<

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Nolan. said:
Also anyone notice Minato's smile looks so much like naruto's goofy smile too.? Also is this the first time we've seen him smile like that.? He's usually portraited with hardly any emotions, it's nice to see though.

Nah...
Back during the Konoha invasion, the Fourth was on the cover of one issue with the same dorky smile. That probably set off the whole "omg Fourth is Naruto's father!" theories

Reno said:
Nah...
Back during the Konoha invasion, the Fourth was on the cover of one issue with the same dorky smile. That probably set off the whole "omg Fourth is Naruto's father!" theories

Nah, those were set off by the fact that once the 4th was shown it was BLATANTLY obvious he was related to Naruto

Nolan. said:

His smile looks exactly the same as before. But yeah it's nice to see him again in any capacity. Unlike the Uchiha flashback Sasuke got, Narutos family is being shown slowly. His origins are really important. The two biggest questions I have now, and will have for a long time, who will tell Naruto about his heritage ( I mean everything ) and what happened to the Whirlpool Country and it's people. I mean, a lot of people wear 'whirlpool' looking symbols on their freaking jackets ( back of Jounin Vests ) which also is the same look of a naruto (the food). There has to be a connection and if there is, that is huge. Essentially, Naruto and his family are connected to everything that is Konoha.

Zoe

CrushDance said:
A whole chapter. Dedicated to Hitsugaya...:lol :lol in the middle of the worst arc the series has ever had. *Gives up*

I think it actually sounds cute. It's the first time I've wanted to download Bleach in forever :lol

I guess the fangirls are the ones calling the shots for KT...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
CrushDance said:
A whole chapter. Dedicated to Hitsugaya...:lol :lol in the middle of the worst arc the series has ever had. *Gives up*

Nice Naruto chapter by the way.

mangaquality.jpg

Zoe

Man, Kishi sure knows how to bring on the angst. I think these moments are always his best.

grandjedi6 said:
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/grandjedi6/mangaquality.jpg[/IMG]

:lol

Man this last year has been nothing but tears for me as a Bleach fan :(

About Sakura(Warning)

WHAT does she have to offer?

And I think Naruto has or is getting over her. You know infatuation? When you like someone at first even though you've barely had any contact and the love is usually not reciprocrated.

I hope to God that Kishi doesn't pull the Jiraiya/Tsunade angle and reverse it so that Naruto and Sakura actually hook up.

Why?

Look at how she treated him in part 1. Like pure trash, she didn't even give a fuck. And then when he came back from VoTE all she cared about was "where's Sasuke?" and didn't even stop to think about the pressure Naruto had put on himself to maintain their group. For someone so smart she's pretty stupid.

Secondly she has a really lame personality and makes enemies easily. Remember when she punched Sai with a cheap shot? Lame. Naruto atleast said "Stop talking about Sasuke like that, or we can fight it out" But all she can do is bullshit and take a cheap shot and then act tough.

Sai would destroy Sakura in a 1vs1 fight so fast that it wouldn't even be funny. She has a really bad personality and it would just corrupt Narutos.
I say let here and Sasuke hook up, much better that way. Heck even Sasuke who ran away understood the bond he had with Naruto and what Naruto intended to accomplish and for the right reasons.

And lets not forget how she looks like a gimp whenver she hold her fist up with one hand on her hip these days. Who is she trying to kid? All she has is a Kyuubi level 1 punch! That's it!

Ugh. I just hate how she acts all hardcore when she has done absolutely nothing worth talking about in the grand scheme of things. Would Orochimaru and Jiraiya fighting against a bunch of other Ninja even get hit critically or deepy to even require healing? Even before they became sannin it was shown how Orochimaru and to a lesser extent Jiraiya had amazing fighting prowress.

Fuck but the thing that annoys me the most is when she punched Sai. Who the fuck does she think she is?:laugh

Sorry to Sakura fans but she honestly doesn't deserve Naruto. And all though it's just a work of fiction I'll find it highly amusing if and when she starts jumping all over Naruto when he becomes stronger with her trademark "NARUTO...", "SASUKE...".

OPEN your mouth and talk. Use your feet and walk! I pity whoever has to end up with such a selfish and ignorant person. Atleast Tsunade had somewhat of a reason for turning down Jiraiya and even if she didn't it would be fine since not everbody likes each other.

But Sakura has shown time and time again to be all interested in the strong people. She's like a leech, feeding off their fame and power and acting all tough. What would she have done if Sai had said "lets fight" then? What would she have done when she was glaring at Orochimaru and saying she'd make him pay? What would she have done when she said she'd make Itachi pay?:lol

NOTHING.

/vent

Most useless character I've ever seen. Hell I don't even see the big difference between her and a petri dish or a surrogate mom. Sasuke, Naruto, whoever can jack off into that and get a kid either way. It's like she's fucking mentally retarded at the sight of an Uchiha or someone strong.

Sakura: "Omg...DON'T LEAVE ME SASUKE! Even though I've never done anything but bitch at Naruto and whine when you guys were fighting for your lives!"

Sasuke: I'm going to Orochimaru...goodbye Sakura.

Sakura: But how can you live without ME!?

Sasuke: For Gods sake, STFU! *judo chop* and it's like God came down to earth or something. Falling in slow motion and crying as she faints. Gross.

USELESS! If anybody wastes sperm on her I'll cry.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
CrushDance said:
Most useless character I've ever seen. Hell I don't even see the big difference between her and a petri dish or a surrogate mom. Sasuke, Naruto, whoever can jack off into that and get a kid either way. It's like she's fucking mentally retarded at the sight of an Uchiha or someone strong.

Sakura: "Omg...DON'T LEAVE ME SASUKE! Even though I've never done anything but bitch at Naruto and whine when you guys were fighting for your lives!"

Sasuke: I'm going to Orochimaru...goodbye Sakura.

Sakura: But how can you live without ME!?

Sasuke: For Gods sake, STFU! *judo chop* and it's like God came down to earth or something. Falling in slow motion and crying as she faints. Gross.

USELESS! If anybody wastes sperm on her I'll cry.

What a fuckin crybaby!
go to church, man.

Ephemeris

CrushDance said:
Man this last year has been nothing but tears for me as a Bleach fan :(

I know.. I know..

[ Sakura Rant]

:lol :lol

I dislike Sakura greatly because
it was so hard to find the plushie for my girlfriend. Otherwise, no issues with her. Kishimoto's writing on the other hand... :lol :lol . SasuSaku Ftw.

Actually I shouldn't be blaming Sakura really. Kishimoto has set a weird precedence for women in this manga and having Sakura/Tsunade be a part of a powerful trio with however he thinks lead to this problem.

He doesn't want them to really do anything important or act like a strong ninja woman so they end up acting and looking like breeding pods. I mean Tsunade being afraid of blood in the sannin fight as a Ninja? That was very "wtf" inducing.

Zoe

CrushDance said:
You to huh? I still refer to him as Yondaime:lol Minato just sounds "weak" :p

Actually, I really like it :lol, Yondy just sounds cuter when excited :p

I really like that dialogue in the latest pics... Easy to translate too :p

Ephemeris

CrushDance said:
Actually I shouldn't be blaming Sakura really. Kishimoto has set a weird precedence for women in this manga and having Sakura/Tsunade be a part of a powerful trio with however he thinks lead to this problem.

He doesn't want them to really do anything important or act like a strong ninja woman so they end up acting and looking like breeding pods. I mean Tsunade being afraid of blood in the sannin fight as a Ninja? That was very "wtf" inducing.

Yeah. Exactly. Take the two most powerful women in the manga. Tsunade and
Konan. Peers? A weakened Orochimaru and a poisoned Jiraiya were still leagues ahead of Tsunade in ability. And LOL at the way Konan got owned. Being an Akatsuki member I had high hopes for this one. She literally got spit on and lost :lol :lol

Kishi, Kishi, Kishi.

Sakura is still better than Hinata.

I mean, she got knocked up by Akamaru, why the hell is she still in this manga? let her and all other useless female fights get the hell out of there.

Temari is the only one who is useful.

Linkzg said:
Sakura is still better than Hinata.

I mean, she got knocked up by Akamaru, why the hell is she still in this manga? let her and all other useless female fights get the hell out of there.

Temari is the only one who is useful.
You went back to your old avatar!? *salutes*

But yeah, you guys are all right. And that's what I'm saying as well, Sakura gets my hate and a lot from others because she's stuck in between Naruto and Sasuke with a punch and a traveling first aid kit x_x.

I always laugh when she challgenges opponents though:lol

"That's Itachi/Orochimaru...? The one who caused so much pain to Sasuke-kn? I'll make him pay!"

Like lawl. Wonder what she'd do if everyone suddenly died.

Ephemeris

CrushDance said:
I always laugh when she challgenges opponents though:lol

"That's Itachi/Orochimaru...? The one who caused so much pain to Sasuke-kn? I'll make him pay!"

Like lawl. Wonder what she'd do if everyone suddenly died.

:lol :lol

The best part was seeing her try to
bring Sasuke back. She's pushed out of the way by Yamato, and is seen sitting on the floor for the remainder of the fight. Sasuke never lays a finger on her. Training for the win.

How can you NOT love Kishimoto's writing?

Well look at it this way: Japan has a weird gender complex where women are depicted most of the time as being rather weak(Stat and physiologically wise it's true but whatever).

Yet in both the big 3(Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) women are shown as I swear being a fashion accessory at most. Bleach it's okay to pass by as Kubo knows how to draw(writing is another story) but Naruto...so flat and by flat I mean design wise. The characters look flat not 3Dish.

I just want to see Sakura vs Itachi before the manga ends
869acz6.gif

Zoe

CrushDance said:
Yet in both the big 3(Bleach, Naruto, One Piece) women are shown as I swear being a fashion accessory at most. Bleach it's okay to pass by as Kubo knows how to draw(writing is another story) but Naruto...so flat and by flat I mean design wise. The characters look flat not 3Dish.

Tite has some good females, IMO. Rukia and Yoruichi are a couple of my favorite females ever.

I won't get into Sakura. I didn't use to like her, but then I read the manga from the start and became a shipper :lol;

CrushDance said:
Well look at it this way: Japan has a weird gender complex where women are depicted most of the time as being rather weak(Stat and physiologically wise it's true but whatever).

I just want to see Sakura vs Itachi before the manga ends
869acz6.gif

Sakura vs. Karin for Sasukes love.

God, I just threw up a little because they would both yell "Sasuke-kun!!!!!"

grandjedi6 said:
Bleach = all females have huge breasts
Naruto = all females are weak

Have any of the Bleach females defeated anyone alone? Ever? At least recently they haven't, I think the men have killed every major enemy so far...

I'm going to create a Naruto manga thread so we don't have to spoiler tag every little thing we REALLY want to talk about. Any support?

I'll do it right now and update it if I get enough "yes please!".

Deadly Monk said:
Have any of the Bleach females defeated anyone alone? Ever? At least recently they haven't, I think the men have killed every major enemy so far...

you kidding? the females in Bleach are the strongest characters, no joke.

It is easier to name women in bleach who arent over powered, even Orihime who seemed useless is now this ultimate time healer who is really important.

Well Bleach characters have won several major fights on the female side
Rukia

And also Kubo has depicted quite a bit f them as being very strong.
Halibel is either #1,2 or 3.
Matsumoto with ash cat. Unohana in the Bleach data book has the same attack rating as Aizen and Yamamoto. Rukia is adept with kidou and has done her fair share. Yoruichi, Soi Fon, Yachiru etc.

A lot of the Bleach girls are overdone as grandjedi pointed out. But Kubo keeps them relevant and fighting important enemies.

Linkzg said:
you kidding? the females in Bleach are the strongest characters, no joke.

It is easier to name women in bleach who arent over powered, even Orihime who seemed useless is now this ultimate time healer who is really important.

Yes but have they defeated anyone on their own? I don't remember at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom